• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

VA

Smash Hero
no I don't hate brawl. I just hate that you're talking about it here, it's like a wall of text that no one can be bothered to read save the 4/5 brawl players in london.

I am actually interested in playing in the brawl event at this though. Obviously I'll get *****, but I'm not terrible at the game.

king_NDj247

Smash Ace
prof we need 2 allow them 2 make their stupid life choice n c how crap the game is b4 commin over 2 the light MELEE =]

anyway shld b attend this 1 coz its on the same weekend as the london MCM Expo shld b going there first but that starts at around 8/9 or abit l8r cnt remember the exact time but yea shld make it 2 the ranbat link **** lol n dnt worry ppl i aint completely disappeared i play 4 fun now

MakoMako

Smash Journeyman
no I don't hate brawl. I just hate that you're talking about it here, it's like a wall of text that no one can be bothered to read save the 4/5 brawl players in london.
It'll blow your mind when you realize that there are more brawlers than melee players here, well that is pretty much the norm everywhere except for maybe the place you come from where melee tournaments consist of 4/5 people

Kasper!

Smash Lord
Cant be bothered to quote

1) Thank you boxingking for the comment appreciate that xD and did you say get 2000 euros for a flat?

2) Tc: Baby im never rusty, i can pop all dese smash N****** up ere :)

3) Calz its most probably you tbh, sometimes you have beaten me to the point where ive just given up :(. but yeah you suck and im gonna **** ya stupid ......... ill stop for now :)

4) Prof we need to play (MELEE BABY!)

5) deathgazer where are you, i need to ask you something HINT: JC

6) trio, youve stepped up your game, thats sick to hear too bad my icies have to wreck you silly, yeah son go marth i dare you jks jks :)

6b) you say my mk is better than my falco trio (NEW GOAL IS TO CHANGE THAT TO FALCO>MK)

7) i knew ixis would make a great commentator ask him yourself

8) ixis is a great player, tbh might be in my standards of skill (LOL)

9) Siri? please ill lay that B***H down like a 5 dollar h**, lol just kidding siri's peach is too good, dittos maybe??

gm jack

Smash Lord
Easy solution. Play both games. And, Kira, I'd like to have a few friendly against you. You were the first person I ever played in a tournament (bad choice really), and I'd like to see if I can do any better now.

Kasper!

Smash Lord
Easy solution. Play both games. And, Kira, I'd like to have a few friendly against you. You were the first person I ever played in a tournament (bad choice really), and I'd like to see if I can do any better now.
what the hell ive never played you before?? hmmmmm

wait are you that guy who plays sheik and you were in my pool?

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Loool Kira, no dont say jks jks, im like Cal i love abit of competition. And i only posted that comment on Brawl cuz i wanted to see the reaction Melee players gave us (prof lol) WHY SO SRS???? But im not for Brawl or Melee, i like both, although on Brawl u can play ppl online, yeah i know it sux but at least it has wifi xD.

gm jack

Smash Lord
what the hell ive never played you before?? hmmmmm

wait are you that guy who plays sheik and you were in my pool?
Yeah. That's me. My Sheik has gotten a lot better since then, but I still doubt I'd win. Might do better than a single stock off due to a lucky Usmash though. :)

Calzorz

Smash Lord
3) Calz its most probably you tbh, sometimes you have beaten me to the point where ive just given up :(. but yeah you suck and im gonna **** ya stupid ......... ill stop for now :)

i am the best and il f tilt u when i see you

also boxingking yea iv been on top for a while now and why would i go fox? dude i dont have to prove i can use a low tier and i won my last tourny basically 90% ice climbers idc how anyone rates me loool its someones opinion which i dont care about if u wana be cool with me fine i apreciate it, haters can gtfo cos i dont give a **** anymore , kiras beat me once , the next weekend i went to london and beat him first round cos mako did some gay bracket thinking hed win again **** in ur face :laugh: but thats old news u wana compare kira to me now get kira to come down and vs me,

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
It'll blow your mind when you realize that there are more brawlers than melee players here, well that is pretty much the norm everywhere except for maybe the place you come from where melee tournaments consist of 4/5 people
It'll blow your mind when you realize that there are more melee events than brawl events here, well that is pretty much the norm everywhere except for maybe the place you come from where brawl events consist of 100% of people who suck

Kasper!

Smash Lord
It'll blow your mind when you realize that there are more melee events than brawl events here, well that is pretty much the norm everywhere except for maybe the place you come from where brawl events consist of 100% of people who suck
quoting this for future reference

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
my first melee tournament i was up against prof pro in the first round <_<

i quit melee

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
lol :( I dont think you should have quit you know, seriously.
Don't feel bad if you lost or anyfin cos I never used to be good and everyone can improve.

ANYWAY I feel we should defintely do pools at this one.

I dont like the thought of the brackets being manually constructed and quite frankly I think it's unfair.
Brackets are made in a really predictable way so we know who is gonna win and who is gonna lose.
Pools gives more of a chance for a suprize and since at this one we have MORE good people from outside of London coming and predicted highest turnout of all of our ranbats we should make this one as legit as possible.

Obviously this will leave no time for doubles but the main event singles will be big and we can defintely do this in time with the amount of tv's

WHAT DOES EVERYONELSE THINK?????

Tamoo

Smash Master
that would be a ****ty reason to quit melee, i think the fact i got ***** by fuzzy in my first tournament is the main reason i started to get into melee in the first place

Im up for pools, last tournament, i played four different people, despite getting all the way to third so pools would mean more matches with different ppl, which is cool with me.

Manual construction of the brackets was pretty legit imo, all fuzzy did was make sure that the top seeds in a tournament didnt have to play eachother in the first round and that seeds were evenly spread out

MakoMako

Smash Journeyman
pools are also manually constructed so people who normally win win and people who lose lose, unless you want lots of people going through each pool but then that wouldnt be much different from just having brackets would it? considering how those brackets would be manually constructed in favour of those who are more likely to win too

Deathgazer

Smash Ace
I think for pools, you should have groups of 8 or more, best out of 3 and have 2 setups to each group so we could get through it quicker. Then after that itl pretty much be straight forward. or would the pools take too long?

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
that would be a ****ty reason to quit melee, i think the fact i got ***** by fuzzy in my first tournament is the main reason i started to get into melee in the first place

Im up for pools, last tournament, i played four different people, despite getting all the way to third so pools would mean more matches with different ppl, which is cool with me.

Manual construction of the brackets was pretty legit imo, all fuzzy did was make sure that the top seeds in a tournament didnt have to play eachother in the first round and that seeds were evenly spread out
no lol that wasnt the only reason, i might start playing again when i get my new disc but i dunno...

i dont think pools will make much difference

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
if you use tio to construct the bracket it is just a solid as using the pools system first to determine the brackets if seeding is done well enough.... the reccomended amount is by seeding the top 10-15 players to be spread out among the bracket, although this depends on the size of the turnout.
i prefer pools if its going to remain best 2/3.
however i would really like to see doubles happen at this tournament!! and including pools will limit the chance of this.
again really the structure of the tournament should be decided depending on the turnout of the event.

Unreal91

Smash Journeyman
Lol Tamoo was talking about first tourney experience earlier, well my first tourney match was at the August 1st one and it was against Chrisboi (the **** i got cannot be explained).

My first freindly was at the same ranbat against Deathgazer (got ***** again).

But i've improved alot since then. :)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
pools are also manually constructed so people who normally win win and people who lose lose, unless you want lots of people going through each pool but then that wouldnt be much different from just having brackets would it? considering how those brackets would be manually constructed in favour of those who are more likely to win too
Yes the pools are constructed that way but the way the brackets are set up just makes it incredibly obvious where everyone is going to be and allows people to dive further into the tournament and see where everyone will practically place.

Plus the next one is going to be big and seems like it is practically going to have a UK tournament turnout so we might aswell do things properly cos there isn't any tournaments that does brackets and no pools and plus with the amount of good peoples coming to this event I think the brackets would be dodgy so we might aswell do things how they are usually done.

if you use tio to construct the bracket it is just a solid as using the pools system first to determine the brackets if seeding is done well enough.... the reccomended amount is by seeding the top 10-15 players to be spread out among the bracket, although this depends on the size of the turnout.
i prefer pools if its going to remain best 2/3.
however i would really like to see doubles happen at this tournament!! and including pools will limit the chance of this.
again really the structure of the tournament should be decided depending on the turnout of the event.
Well that bracket thing sounds alright, I just don't like the sound of everyone being put in a certain place to play certain people.

I just think it's fairer if we did do pools or do that tio bracket thing since peoples placement would be more random then fixed.

But still I like pools because everyone gets more games, including the new people who sometimes dont make it far in tournaments instead of losing twice and the beng out the tournament.

VA

Smash Hero
noob please, I've been around long enough to know brawl > melee in terms of players. Don't talk down to me, you don't even know.

I do respect Brawl but I was irked by the discussion going on in here about it. I was in Canada a year ago at tournaments where there were 20 melee players and 50 brawl players. however the majority of the brawl players were not established forum users. I see the odd few ESTABLISHED brawl playing forum users talking and it just seems kind of boring. Don't mind me I'm just a trouble making old melee-er. Best to ignore me.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Im starting to think pools is a really good idea now, especially with the massive number of TVs we have. Pools of 8 or so will be cool, depending on turnout ofc, with 16 going through to bracket. I wanna play more than 4 ppl lol, brackets is over too quick. Pools top two seeds will have to make sure that the two tvs dedicated to their pools are use efficiently ie. No friendlies.
Also we can start earlier cos the tvs are stored at the venue, just gotta make sure that ppl bring setups
Hmm, where’s fuzzy...
****ing swap corneria for Green Greens already lol

Retroking2000

Smash Master
just a question where r we gettin all the tvs frm?
some questions dont need answers simply put dont doubt the cpt. kimmelman *Would be nice to have doubles for oncestill a shock about the TVs tho wtf 17-20*tamoo MMJJ MMBBill MMFrugs MMFrostbyteMMkman MMKman bros MMprof MMFuzzynessMMVA MMjo3MMi would like to friendly/MM these people - remember to ask me if i forget

Tamoo

Smash Master
I will gladly MM u edwin

Its all well and good having loads of TVs but last monthly there were like 4 setups for each game cos everyone failed, including me. Everyone should be bringing setups if they have one, it helps soo much

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
some questions dont need answers simply put dont doubt the cpt. kimmelman *Would be nice to have doubles for oncestill a shock about the TVs tho wtf 17-20*tamoo MMJJ MMBBill MMFrugs MMFrostbyteMMkman MMKman bros MMprof MMFuzzynessMMVA MMjo3MMi would like to friendly/MM these people - remember to ask me if i forget
I will gladly MM you.
I would like it to be between £3-5 though. Not no £1 MM.

Its all well and good having loads of TVs but last monthly there were like 4 setups for each game cos everyone failed, including me. Everyone should be bringing setups if they have one, it helps soo much
I will defintely be bringing my setup.

IMPORTANT WARNING - The last big ranbat (two ranbats ago) peoples stuff went missing, stuff got damage etc.
This is just a reminder to keep everyone stuff nearby them, now we know we can trust the majortiy of people around here, but remember, this event is open to all people meaning that people come who we do not know.
SO EVERYONE KEEP THEIR PROPERTY WITH THEM OR IN A PLACE WHICH CAN BE SEEN. SETUPS ARE EXTREMELY SAFE TO BRING AS THEY ARE KEPT ON A TABLE WITH PEOPLE PLAYING ON SO THEY CANNOT BE TAKEN BUT STUFF FROM BAGS AND CONTROLLERS AND MEMEORY CARDS CAN BE!!!!

Top Bottom