• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

EastMidlands

Smash Cadet
The East Midlands next fest is being confirmed tommorow night, Brado just needs to visit and finalise things with the venue. The date is going to be the 10th October, at a very nice venue just outside of Leicester (one short bus ride).

It'd be good to see some londoners travelling to this fest guys, so come show us how hard you ****.

Everything should be finalised by tommorow night.

/advertisement

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Have you ever said, "I should have won that match?"

No. Not at all. Never have I said these words

but seriously - :laugh: @ that article going on like an essay about different types of choking lol. I've only heard of the one type of choke which is basically where you **** up. Thats all it is. Try again next time and play better + work on how to play better under pressure, don't explore the meaning of life

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
lol if that article can be backed up that's actually a pretty good read.

I think I got the sweaty hand thing and the forfeiting/not too serious thing but that's it o_O

edit: lool ben as soon as I read that in the article I thought of you xD

VA

Smash Hero
Thanks tamoo, interesting article.

I'm kind of sure I'm going to make this. I have a party on that night but if I can get away from the tournament early I'll try to make this.

Pointless information: I'm moving house tomorrow (aka from devon back to brighton) and I won't have internet or anything. I want to visit my brother so I might go to his on friday and then come up to London for the saturday. And I will be going fox...I think xD

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Thanks tamoo, interesting article.

I'm kind of sure I'm going to make this. I have a party on that night but if I can get away from the tournament early I'll try to make this.

Pointless information: I'm moving house tomorrow (aka from devon back to brighton) and I won't have internet or anything. I want to visit my brother so I might go to his on friday and then come up to London for the saturday. And I will be going fox...I think xD
That's REALLY good to hear that you might be making this after all this time.
Edwin, Chrisboi and Frostbyte are all at this event so will be interesting to see how you do against them as you know I think that the top 5 in the UK are all from London lol.
But lets see if you can shift my mind...

Any info on the rest of them like Jam or Craiigg coming to this?
AND you have any idea of how to actually get there?

VA

Smash Hero
well I haven't even looked where it is but I assume that the venus is the same place as it was for SmashGT. someone will have to meet me probably, I'm sure tails chao won't mind :p

Yeah I can see why you'd think top 5 are from London tbh, mostly because you play them most often. I think it's weird that you think chrisboi is top 5 over Jam who you've played recently. Personally I believe that swizzy could beat chrisboi, it would be a great match nonetheless. I haven't seen chrisboi play in ages, maybe he's smart now.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
imo just another prick thinking they're all wise and wll knowing and making a ****ing mountain out of a molehill. Sirlins book for example- it's like ffs people are paying to listen to this guy go on and on and on. Saying basically how everything is justified so long as it makes you more likely to beat a game lol.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
well I haven't even looked where it is but I assume that the venus is the same place as it was for SmashGT. someone will have to meet me probably, I'm sure tails chao won't mind :p

Yeah I can see why you'd think top 5 are from London tbh, mostly because you play them most often. I think it's weird that you think chrisboi is top 5 over Jam who you've played recently. Personally I believe that swizzy could beat chrisboi, it would be a great match nonetheless. I haven't seen chrisboi play in ages, maybe he's smart now.
Yeah it is the same place as GT.

Yeah I played Jam recently and he is good but he is not as good as the community tried to make him sound and he doesn't play an advanced metagame falco so I punsihed him for alot of stuff.

And I don't play London that often and this is what I have construcuted from the last tournament which I played everyone which was good but I pretty much dominated everyone I played in the tournament except for Charles in the tournament.

Just come anyway and see how you do against the rest of London and change my opinion..

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
It's not signing up online anyway, you sign up at the venue so whether you come or not depends whether you arrive at the door lol.

You never made a London tournament before I swear lol.
Always coming up with some john on the day lol, prob gonna be the same here.....unless you're willing to prove me wrong but doubt you have the ability to.....

VA

Smash Hero
Yeah it is the same place as GT.

Yeah I played Jam recently and he is good but he is not as good as the community tried to make him sound and he doesn't play an advanced metagame falco so I punsihed him for alot of stuff.

And I don't play London that often and this is what I have construcuted from the last tournament which I played everyone which was good but I pretty much dominated everyone I played in the tournament except for Charles in the tournament.

Just come anyway and see how you do against the rest of London and change my opinion..
I can see what your saying about jam, a lot of his **** is old and weird. but he's still hella good.

I promise you I'll change your mind about london only top 5 :p

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
you're one of the only ones that think that anyway. You think that cos you can beat Jam and Z that all the other top London players can do the same? I don't think so

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Pro, we need to play this time!
Yeah we will, just ask to play me then instead of playing with other people and then at the end say we didn't play lol.
AND ask when it's convient for me as you ask me loads during my tournament matches or MM's lol.

you're one of the only ones that think that anyway. You think that cos you can beat Jam and Z that all the other top London players can do the same? I don't think so
Actually i'm not the only one who thinks it, i'm just the only one who has said it.
So if you're gonna be wrong atleast try to be wrong in a fancy way.

Your opinion means very little as one you haven't played any of the Londoners for a very long time, two you have a poor sense of judgement IN GENERAL of where players should be placed in this community and three your opinion of smashers level is highly dependable on your personal opinion of how much you like them if you haven't noticed.

gm jack

Smash Lord
Craig will be on holiday. Rhoads I think he said.

Played him on Thursday, and as per usual, me and my GF got *****. Still, I have been getting a bit better recently, though nothing on his level. I'll probably be entering the melee tournament this time, though I doubt I will do well at all. Still, playing new people can only help me get better.

HURRICANE REV

Smash Ace
It's not signing up online anyway, you sign up at the venue so whether you come or not depends whether you arrive at the door lol.

You never made a London tournament before I swear lol.
Always coming up with some john on the day lol, prob gonna be the same here.....unless you're willing to prove me wrong but doubt you have the ability to.....
lool well.. I did go to a melee session. That counts :laugh:. I don't want to be the new flaking king lool. The reason that I could not go to any smash tourney was because I was really busy. The next one I will try and go to it.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Funny enough even though VA and everyone might be coming I am not sure if I can make this event this saturday.

It depends what time my dance lesson is on saturday. If it's 4-6 I doubt i'm going to be coming or if I do I will obviously be coming extremely late lol.

So i'm not sure if I am going to get there in time.
Then I get can in some MM matches recorded and put on youtube.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
LOL I would love to be there and all and since we obviously have to see what the next result is due to me beating you last time.

BUT I do have commitments elsewhere, I do want to come though, I just hope that the time of dance this saturday is early or something lol.

Brado

Smash Lord
As Willz said, my fest is confirmed for the 10th October, with 3 weeks notice to get everyone confirmed. It'd be great to see a few more Londoners confirming for this, Auroreon and Ixis have already confirmed, so theres some guys to travel with if they're cool with it. We need some London melee players now =D

This could be pretty big if you guys will considering attending.

Top Bottom