• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

J03

Smash Master
Rofl Trio, ill hunt you down and hate on you some more.

Guys gonna try and make the monthly on the 26th, its gonna be hit and miss though =/. if not ill deffo be making the month after =)

MEU

Smash Rookie
I love the way people hate harder on brawl on the internet but not as much IRL

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
what's so different from hating brawl irl?

just means you get to shout it down a megaphone or something.

And Will, I do try. :)

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Joe- lol no-one cares how much you hate brawl and guess what? loads of people play it and play it very competitively. I bet that rly pisses you off :)

Will attempt using this ridiculously good new coach service that Charles found if I can make this. Also, lets not forget about stage. I know its a fair way off but so long as the legal/illegal stages are clear and on the first page etc.

J03

Smash Master
you all care aboutn what i think, my opinion makes the world go round, your not allowed to NOT take my opinion into account, furthermore my opinion should shape all of your opinions because i am truly awesome.

Pro- whats with these people, someone seems to be telling them they're allowed to think for themselves =/

COEY

Smash Lord
Joe- lol no-one cares how much you hate brawl and guess what? loads of people play it and play it very competitively. I bet that rly pisses you off :)
you certainly have a way with words ben. a way that always seems to end up with an arguement...

i seriously doubt anyone takes joes opinion on brawl seriously, not that he doesnt have any good points, or that he is necessarily wrong. if someone wants to shut him however up i'd suggest beating him at melee.

gm jack

Smash Lord
Why the brawl hate? It isn't melee, deal with it. If it were a bad game, there wouldn't be a competitive scene for it this far into release. Will it last as long as melee? I doubt it will be going as strong in 5 years time, for as it stands, the metagame is slowing. A few are still progressing, but short of some game changing AT, like wave dashing to melee, it may stagnate eventually. I just hope SSB4 is as competative as melee and as balanced as brawl.

I'm taking up melee again, and both are fun. Need to get some practice in for both next time. Drawing my main's hardest counter first round last time I went wasn't all that fun.

Fishy

Smash Rookie
I totally forgot about this months tourny :(. On the plus I'm moving to Guildford for uni so I'll be closer for next time. I'm gonna win a game this time too; you'll see!

Speaking of which any smashers in guildford that anyone knows of? Everyone I've met is noticeably worse then me, which is very depressing.

-BlAz3-

Smash Apprentice
yeah he does cuz when i posted a pic of you and me and shay on gamerhold (tec site) he was like 'is that mkds unreal?' lol

VA

Smash Hero
UK most be the only place where people still QQ about Brawl, everywhere else just gets on with it.

Brawl is lawl.

Melee is...sick :)

Jolteon

Why the brawl hate? It isn't melee, deal with it. If it were a bad game, there wouldn't be a competitive scene for it this far into release. Will it last as long as melee? I doubt it will be going as strong in 5 years time, for as it stands, the metagame is slowing. A few are still progressing, but short of some game changing AT, like wave dashing to melee, it may stagnate eventually. I just hope SSB4 is as competative as melee and as balanced as brawl.

I'm taking up melee again, and both are fun. Need to get some practice in for both next time. Drawing my main's hardest counter first round last time I went wasn't all that fun.
wat .

gm jack

Smash Lord
The number of characters who can win is much higher than in melee. Essentially, the melee roster is much more polarised. There are a decent handful for the top tier and one or two high (puff and falcon are the ones that spring to mind) that are going to win most of the time. 7 or 8 come to mind.

In brawl, anything in the top 2 tiers (13 characters in S and A) has a very good chance or winning, provided a secondary for the **** match ups everyone but MK and Wario have. Reflex is winning with Pokemon Trainer, who is currently in D tier A similar thig would be someone using Pikachu or G&W and placing very well consistently. Because there is less hardcore combing (just a bit for fun :)) the criteria for being good change a lot, and so are a lot wider.

J03

Smash Master
lawl GM JAck, you seem to think theres more good characters in brawl, when really theres just 40 odd terrible ones xD

mate i dont care about brawl, i like ripping it, why because i want to... because i want to. theres nothing wrong with being a spice girl, Im gay, deal with it

EDIT: charles can you ban him for being homophobic. i know you personally cannot understand what a guy like me has to go through, so please ban him

Jolteon

The number of characters who can win is much higher than in melee. Essentially, the melee roster is much more polarised. There are a decent handful for the top tier and one or two high (puff and falcon are the ones that spring to mind) that are going to win most of the time. 7 or 8 come to mind.

In brawl, anything in the top 2 tiers (13 characters in S and A) has a very good chance or winning, provided a secondary for the **** match ups everyone but MK and Wario have. Reflex is winning with Pokemon Trainer, who is currently in D tier A similar thig would be someone using Pikachu or G&W and placing very well consistently. Because there is less hardcore combing (just a bit for fun :)) the criteria for being good change a lot, and so are a lot wider.
Melee has at least 7 characters viable to win a tournament (the top 4 also don't particularly have any bad matchups among themselves, whereas some A tier chars in Brawl have 1-2 awful match-ups), as far as competitive games go that's pretty good. Brawl is "more balanced" until you hit the top 2 which are so stupidly better than the rest whereas the top 4 in melee aren't as bad. I'd argue that Melee low tiers have a better chance for winning due to the ATs presented giving more options in gameplay, whereas brawl low tiers still have terrible match-ups and lack that.

Also i'm pretty sure we've had a melee g&w player called direvulcan who used to place extremely high in melee tournaments, and isn't at Reflex's level either.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Everyone cares what J03 has to say and i'm pretty sure J03 is not pissed about the brawl thing lol.
Just cos a game is played competitively that does not increase the interestingness of the game.

you all care aboutn what i think, my opinion makes the world go round, your not allowed to NOT take my opinion into account, furthermore my opinion should shape all of your opinions because i am truly awesome.

Pro- whats with these people, someone seems to be telling them they're allowed to think for themselves =/
I defintely care about your opinion, it's wayyyy more important then Ben's one.

I have no idea why people think they can think for themselves without taking into account your opinion :confused:

UK most be the only place where people still QQ about Brawl, everywhere else just gets on with it.

Brawl is lawl.

Melee is...sick :)
We don't cry about brawl, we just insult it, theres a clear difference lol.
We should keep the brawl insutlign scene alive.
It takes more tech skill to insult brawl then it does to play it.

TC your right but its not 4.

Fox
Falco
Sheik
Marth
Peach
Falcon
Jiggs

are all ****.
What a wondergul list....
Why would any fool try to state that brawl is more balanced then melee.
I love when that arguement comes up people always try to take away the top 2 players and say something like 'Without the top 2 it would it's a fairer game'.......but those two are the characters which make it unbalanced so it has to be taken into account.

BASICALLY NO CHARACTER IN MELEE DOMINATES TOURNAMENTS LIKE THE TOP 2 CHARACTERS IN BRAWL DO MAKING BRAWL MORE UNBALANCED!!!!

You should do what I do to brawlers, tell them to provide any interesting matches of brawl for them to see themselves that brawl is boring.

Calzorz

Smash Lord
why do meele players in u.k think they know much about brawl? il give u some results to look on , first of all tier list mk is 1st in game , snake 2nd , now as iv just read they are so over powerd compared to the rest? bul**** only 1 is and results wil show that , gensis how many metaknights was in top 5? oh wait 4 1 snake how many snakes were top 10 wait only the 1 still ALLY 2nd closest snake was ultimate razer placing 13th or something , and the results were prety much the same at evo , snake has far to many weaknesses to be considerd broken hes good but falco ice climbers diddy kong , wario and mybe a couple more are just as good as snake , metaknight is the character that stands out even then hes beatable so w/e , every1 hating on brawl saying its bad needs to look at the entrants at the previouse ranbat brawl won , so meele sucks? jokes

J03

Smash Master
ROFL AT THE DEFENSIVE BRAWLERS

i honestly have no opinion on brawl, pro just likes to say things, we love him for it, he makes life generally better because of his amazing banter.

Calzorz i may beat you at brawl for laughs, lesgo

Calzorz

Smash Lord
oh wow infact give me a 50 pound money match i gota see this or infact go higher plz make me laugh

Edit : infact the day i loose to a meele *** who thinks he can play brawl is the day i quit so i gues il be sticking around for a while

king_NDj247

Smash Ace
In melée there is a higher chance of the top 10 being frm anywhere in the tier list brawls a camp fest last tournament I placed in the top 10 wit a low tier character n hve placed top 5 wit a low tier so it is possible 2 win wit almost any character in melée melée is less dependant on the tier list than brawl AT in melée make it much fairier overall coz they can increase a players mindgames 2 a level where they can position themself in the top region of a tournament. Melée is more dependant on the actual player rather than the character it's only when u get players who r the same skill level where the tier list comes into affect this can be said 4 both games

brawl does hve a fairer start level for characters but the gamplay becomes limited once u go in brawl ATs as the bette charaters in the game become stupidly bias

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
why do meele players in u.k think they know much about brawl? il give u some results to look on , first of all tier list mk is 1st in game , snake 2nd , now as iv just read they are so over powerd compared to the rest? bul**** only 1 is and results wil show that , gensis how many metaknights was in top 5? oh wait 4 1 snake how many snakes were top 10 wait only the 1 still ALLY 2nd closest snake was ultimate razer placing 13th or something , and the results were prety much the same at evo , snake has far to many weaknesses to be considerd broken hes good but falco ice climbers diddy kong , wario and mybe a couple more are just as good as snake , metaknight is the character that stands out even then hes beatable so w/e , every1 hating on brawl saying its bad needs to look at the entrants at the previouse ranbat brawl won , so meele sucks? jokes
I agree with J03 comment on 'ROFL AT THE DEFENSIVE BRAWLERS' cos for starters brawl isn't the game to defend.
Brawl is wayyy more unbalanced then melee and if you were to twist the facts into your favour and somehow melee was considered more unfair then brawl.....MELEE WOULD STILL BE 10X BETTER. Melee would somehow convert the unbalancedness into a fun and good thing, brawl can do this.
The last brawl ranbat which was won was one by a snake :confused: not helping your arguement.

My melee at home is upset to have an affiliation with brawl. I keep the brawl I got for Xmas inside a lead box to make sure it doesn't radiate any of it's failure onto my melee.

ROFL AT THE DEFENSIVE BRAWLERS

i honestly have no opinion on brawl, pro just likes to say things, we love him for it, he makes life generally better because of his amazing banter.

Calzorz i may beat you at brawl for laughs, lesgo
Thank you baby lool. I might play and beat Calzors just for the 2 minute lulz.

oh wow infact give me a 50 pound money match i gota see this or infact go higher plz make me laugh

Edit : infact the day i loose to a meele *** who thinks he can play brawl is the day i quit so i gues il be sticking around for a while
I guess I have to beat you to do your soul a favour since it's not having fun with brawl :(

In melée there is a higher chance of the top 10 being frm anywhere in the tier list brawls a camp fest last tournament I placed in the top 10 wit a low tier character n hve placed top 5 wit a low tier so it is possible 2 win wit almost any character in melée melée is less dependant on the tier list than brawl AT in melée make it much fairier overall coz they can increase a players mindgames 2 a level where they can position themself in the top region of a tournament. Melée is more dependant on the actual player rather than the character it's only when u get players who r the same skill level where the tier list comes into affect this can be said 4 both games

brawl does hve a fairer start level for characters but the gamplay becomes limited once u go in brawl ATs as the bette charaters in the game become stupidly bias
What an amazing post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayywFhPZYF0&feature=related

stupid arguments

you fools know nothing about sakurais games , you call yourself smashers only me and kakarot only strong ones with enough knowledge on the L cancelling game and the tripping game
we saiyans are a warrior race we get stronger ever 4 min match the weak will perish only the strong survive
hmmphh !!!!!
Everything you say, think about and do doesn't matter because you currently have a brawl combo video in progress.

Jolteon

TC your right but its not 4.

Fox
Falco
Sheik
Marth
Peach
Falcon
Jiggs

are all ****.
i know i know I mentioned the top 7 (8?) are all tourney viable. :(

but as far as match-ups go I can't exactly say top 7 (falcon?)

My melee at home is upset to have an affiliation with brawl. I keep the brawl I got for Xmas inside a lead box to make sure it doesn't radiate any of it's failure onto my melee.
lmfao I love you

J03

Smash Master
TC- falcon is awesome, his defense game is actually quite good in the air, but is terrible on the ground and off the edge coz of his terrid recovery and slowbro roll.

which means the best falcons are safe falcons, if you need any confirmation of this then remember that Hax just beat M2k.

I dont really pay to much attention to matchup 70/30 type buisness, if i did id never get any better id just john about losing. you gotta realise what makes **** bad against you and avoid/counter it. Its the metagame dude.

Falcons had so much **** thrown his way, and he just keeps coming back and kneeing your **** excuses in the FACE!

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
TC- falcon is awesome, his defense game is actually quite good in the air, but is terrible on the ground and off the edge coz of his terrid recovery and slowbro roll.

which means the best falcons are safe falcons, if you need any confirmation of this then remember that Hax just beat M2k.

I dont really pay to much attention to matchup 70/30 type buisness, if i did id never get any better id just john about losing. you gotta realise what makes **** bad against you and avoid/counter it. Its the metagame dude.

Falcons had so much **** thrown his way, and he just keeps coming back and kneeing your **** excuses in the FACE!
lol what did you say about Falcon?

Top Bottom