• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Tamoo

Smash Master
Yeah exactly lol, after that, i just got it in me to make sure that i would play with different people as much as possible, pretty much starting from the last tournament

And it was fun getting ***** by europeans indeed, I was playing friendlies with Ice for hours, and i hadnt even heard of him before lol, I just thought I was getting ***** by a random smasher, which wasnt boding well for me hehe

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I heard good things about professor pro from sanuzi
:) Well thats good then lol, and good to know Sanuzi is back home and safe.
It was really good playing someone outside of the UK which is a first for me anyway lol.
Too bad my set with him didn't get recorded at the tournament :(

Professor Pro's controller unveiled!

loooooooool
I remember me pressing Down And B on the controller and saying 'THAT'S ALL I NEED' looool.
And talking about the brokeness possible fox ever which is basically that the knock back from the shine just last forever so when someone is just recovering you just stand near the edge and press shine and wait for them to touch you and then they get shine spiked loool.

Carlsberg dont make smashers... wait yes they do... they made me and prof
Yeah I agree.....even Carlsberg and to step it up to make us.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
loooooooool
I remember me pressing Down And B on the controller and saying 'THAT'S ALL I NEED' looool.
And talking about the brokeness possible fox ever which is basically that the knock back from the shine just last forever so when someone is just recovering you just stand near the edge and press shine and wait for them to touch you and then they get shine spiked loool.
lool i think thats what i based it off, at least it was some talk about it being your only move.

and I remember that discussion lol, about the permanent stall ultimate edgeguard shine

tbh i think that's TC's controller considering how many times he presses start when losing LOL
My start button doesn't JC shine!

And I do it when winning too ^_^

Tamoo

Smash Master
In commemoration of these two very awesome videos, our crew has vowed to go ALL FALCON next monthly, and we strongly encourage others to do the same.
There will be ****

And in other news, I played willz at brawl online yesterday, lol times indeed

king_NDj247

Smash Ace
Deathgazer I think that 1 of professor teaching ur course is my m8 f sixth form dad last he look like he's from Iraq n I'm moving 2 uni of Staffordshire come 2 weeks so I won't b around that area 2 much but if I'm dwn I'll give u a ring n we can jam

COEY

Smash Lord
really enjoyed the video charles. choice of music was pretty good too. beatles/queen/monty python always gonna be a winner in any true brits heart.

loved the up throw phantom knee on sheik. 5 and a half stars!

rustediron

Smash Lord
Lmfao, just looked at rules for a *** tourn coming up on the 22nd in Osaka, they're playing FD only xD
They better all play fox >:0

EDIT: FFS, why is jáp not allowed! Japanese.

J03

Smash Master
i dont get why J a p and P a k k i is offensive when they are shortened down versions of the countrys name.

I get called a Brit everytime i go on holiday and i would never call someone a P a k k i in case they thought it was offensive. But it doesnt make too much sense, some people are cruel and offensive but does it make a word they use offensive too? Technically its even politically correct to call a british person a Brit or an American person a Yank. If a person from Iraq called me a '****ing Brit' id not consider the world 'Brit' offensive out of the 2 lol.

The world hath gone mad

COEY

Smash Lord
its the way certain words like that have been used, it's not acceptable because alot of people do mean it as a bad thing, same with any minority.

also i think that most of the people that get offended by either of j a p or p a k i are probably chinese, thai, or maybe indian, iranian, etc...

people world wide are very ignorant, the thing is tho as white people in general have been very successful in histories eyes it isnt as much a deal for us to deal with name calling, its much worse being kicked when your down.

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
yo guys a quick quesiton when teaching someone completely new to the game who wants to get into at a competitive level how would the community as a whole go about it?? i would love to hear your opinions....

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Well once he has watched it you got to make srue he is consistant in using them during matches and then just slowly guide him like tell him useful things he can do with his character in certain situations and maybe point out some of his continous mistakes like rolling at certain times or always getting up off the floor with the hit attack.

What character does he play?

J03

Smash Master
Well you show them the advance stuff, then show them how to do some of it. With any improvement he (i can basically just assune they're male) needs motivation so if he's only semi interested then its not worth your effort.

After that play with them, beat them, tell them why, MAKE SURE they understand why and get them to think about it, basically get them to think about the Metagame.

After THAT its time to get involved. Lets be honest, the scene aint gonna come for some noob, the newby has to go to the scene. Get him to play all different levels of player and hopefully they'll have the motivation to get better.

All you can do is play them regularly, help them with problems, such as 'what do i do when...'or 'what can i do when...', hopefully they'll get it and eventually start asking 'whats the use of that' and so on.

Rofl, i just realised what an obviously question this is. 'how do i get involved with the secne?', have you tried getting involved with the scene?

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
prof: he plays falco + dr.mario
and cool thanks jo3 he is deff planning on try to join the scene its just a matter of getting him to the confidence level of wanting to come to other tournaments to gain experience but its an early stage only been playing for a matter of weeks.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
prof: he plays falco + dr.mario
and cool thanks jo3 he is deff planning on try to join the scene its just a matter of getting him to the confidence level of wanting to come to other tournaments to gain experience but its an early stage only been playing for a matter of weeks.
lol yesssss. Just tell them 'be like bullet bill' and he'll do alright

seriously though, take him to some smash events and give him an idea of the different levels, characters and styles. That always helps

I'd say for him don't worry about confidence, if you're new you've got no pressure and everything to gain. Plus the fact that they will improve a lot from events.

J03

Smash Master
id personally played for 2 weeks before my fist tournament, i got ***** by every person there, there was like noone i could beat at all haha.

if you cant take losing dont come, thats rule number 1. because every good player has lost so many more matches then theyve won.

Top Bottom