• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
Yeah everyone knows that Deathgazer has alot of potential but he makes too much mistakes and can play with no1 frequently to show him all of them.
I still wanna come to HSAM event even though they always get put on REALLY bad days for me lol, hopefully I can come to the next one.
yeah hope you can and i will let you know when if anything is happening up your end be sure to send us an invite too...

yer i guess it is pretty bad. just need to stop acidental Side B-ing,
I do it alot when i play alone aswel and def need improving on mindgames lol
tell me about it, 5th match vs tamoo both 0% i side b instead of laser lool i almost came back tho but cant take it away from him good **** tamoo :p

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I don't understand why you keep Side B-ing though lol, you should be able to control Falcos lasers, when i played him I RARELY side B.
You defintely need to work on that if you ever wanna play falco.

Deathgazer

Smash Ace
I don't understand why you keep Side B-ing though lol, you should be able to control Falcos lasers, when i played him I RARELY side B.
You defintely need to work on that if you ever wanna play falco.
you know when you do a reverse SHL and you want a long distance one, you kinda have to carry the momentum before flicking it the opposite direction, when I do it too fast,I end up side B-ing
or like when i shine onto platform i sometimes slip and accidently push it to the right.
its probs due to rushing or panicking.

and i def want to go to the next HSAM event

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
you know when you do a reverse SHL and you want a long distance one, you kinda have to carry the momentum before flicking it the opposite direction, when I do it too fast,I end up side B-ing
or like when i shine onto platform i sometimes slip and accidently push it to the right.
its probs due to rushing or panicking.

and i def want to go to the next HSAM event
The reverse shine one is understandable but it defintely shouldn't happen with the shine thing lol, anyway maybe you should practice one your consistancy so you won't be forced to go Ganon lol.

Tamoo

Smash Master
tell me about it, 5th match vs tamoo both 0% i side b instead of laser lool i almost came back tho but cant take it away from him good **** tamoo :p
You let that get to u way too much man, there was a brief period after that kill where you went insane and i couldnt get close to you but after that, i found the match a bit too comfortable, u were missing sum of the uthrow uairs that ur usually so consistent with so it was a pretty safe two stock imo.
And dont cp fod gainst a jiggs :s its really good for her lol, id stick to the usual ps and fd as a fox, grabs at 55 are just death on those stages

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
You let that get to u way too much man, there was a brief period after that kill where you went insane and i couldnt get close to you but after that, i found the match a bit too comfortable, u were missing sum of the uthrow uairs that ur usually so consistent with so it was a pretty safe two stock imo.
And dont cp fod gainst a jiggs :s its really good for her lol, id stick to the usual ps and fd as a fox, grabs at 55 are just death on those stages
yeah i fort back about the match and was thinking that if that had happened on like pokemon stadium i wud have been more comfortable cos i could laser camp which was hard to do on FoD, but i picked it cos i find that level usually comfortable....something about ur spacing made it hard in that match loool but it was good :p

deathgazer - hope to see you there man....

also dude who has the tio. file please may i have it again :)

Gantz ak-47

Smash Journeyman
HOLD IT.....HOLD THE PHONE.....tamoo beat edwin no way. and to be truthfull bullet bill is good but i looking past him now. i really wanna beat chrisboi.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
HOLD IT.....HOLD THE PHONE.....tamoo beat edwin no way. and to be truthfull bullet bill is good but i looking past him now. i really wanna beat chrisboi.
Yeah, good you are looking past bigger things as you already beat Bullet Bill in the ranbat and nearly 4 stocked him one game.
Time to upgrade your opponents lol.

who do u play gantz?
He plays fox.
He is a prick and tries to still some of my tactics though lol.

guaranteed eh? who won in our last match against eachother hehe?

And that was the pre japan enhanced jiggs ;)
You haven't played the Professor Pro enhanced Gantz fox either lol.
I wanna play that jiggs so I can show it the meaning of ****!

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Yeah, good you are looking past bigger things as you already beat Bullet Bill in the ranbat and nearly 4 stocked him one game.
Time to upgrade your opponents lol.

He plays fox.
He is a prick and tries to still some of my tactics though lol.

You haven't played the Professor Pro enhanced Gantz fox either lol.
I wanna play that jiggs so I can show it the meaning of ****!
Gants is seriously not past me :laugh: Imma **** you next time as it's how it should be ;)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Gants is seriously not past me :laugh: Imma **** you next time as it's how it should be ;)
lool How I love this situation, just like the last one.
Ben says he is gonna **** and then gets *****, (not even a close match) GETS *****!
Let's see if Ben finally proves someone wrong cos his smash history has proved nothing except for expected results.

Unreal91

Smash Journeyman
I'll definitely be coming to the one on the 29th.

I don't have anyone to play with other than being at these smash tourneys but im just playing all characters level 9 constantly to work on my tech skills.

Hopefully some people will see a difference in my level at the next ranbat. :)

Deathgazer

Smash Ace

I don't have anyone to play with other than being at these smash tourneys but im just playing all characters level 9 constantly to work on my tech skills.

dont play level 9s. they perfect DI and always DI towards.
If you want to get used to movement or like platform movements practice on level 1s as they dont atack as much but practice on level 3s because theyre DI is more realistic so you can practice combos or something.

Pickled_No0b

Smash Journeyman
yeah playing level 9s just gets you into bad habits i think, just do what deathgazer suggested as his tech skill is amazing. Also remember if you want to practise L-cancelling against a shielding opponent you can put items on high but just have the invincible star thing, so just attack your opponent when he is invincible and see if you can still get the cancels... (i think that works lol)

Deathgazer

Smash Ace
yer but bear in mind that if you are practicing pillaring on shielded opponent, their position may shift slightly when you attack so just remember to jump a little forward or something.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend

All of the other advice what people gave you for practicing by yourself is pretty on point.
Level 9 computers are horrible as they smash DI everything upwards which will get you into to terrible habits in real play.
When I was watching you on the stream yesterday you were pretty good and I like your attitude into approaching the game, just make sure you get all of the basics on lock and watching vidoes of top payers with your character (Mewking, Ken, any other top marths) and seeing what they do in certain situations and stealing or using something they do is very essesntial for ones improvement.

Unreal91

Smash Journeyman
Lol ok

I'm really trying to get good with L cancel so it just becomes automatic but it's hard. :(

Because im one of those people that likes to see if its right and its like everytime i L cancel i need to check if i did it right which then messes up my combo's lol.

Top Bottom