• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

king_NDj247

Smash Ace
Tournament was ok wld of been better if more ppl came but there where quite a few new ppl n alot of ppl hve improved alot. Had alot of fun n shoutouts 2 every1 who came.

There was 2 much **** n well done tamoo.
N deathgazer wat the hell man y the random nose bleed? Lol u shld of made it further man

Anyway looking 4ward2 the 29th

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
^^ agrees, yeah good **** tamoo, how did he do against edwin??

who ever has the tio file, can you put it up again sooo i can take it :)

looking forward to 29th

Fishy

Smash Rookie
Hey, just wanted to say me and my also noob friend had fun being owned by you guys, nice to finally play some competitive smash, I'll try and get better for next time so I might actually, y'know, win some matches.

I did useless, but I didn't get 4-stocked by fuzzy (or anyone, woo), so I'm happy enough :D.

Deathgazer

Smash Ace
lol today was pretty fun, got to play quite alot of people. Most of the brawl players left quite early though.
and i had a random nosebleed while playing King haha.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Tournament was ok wld of been better if more ppl came but there where quite a few new ppl n alot of ppl hve improved alot. Had alot of fun n shoutouts 2 every1 who came.

There was 2 much **** n well done tamoo.
N deathgazer wat the hell man y the random nose bleed? Lol u shld of made it further man

Anyway looking 4ward2 the 29th
Yeah why was there so many new people at this one lol.
Someone tell me the results.

looking forward to 29th
Edwin went loool...results please, the basics like top 5 is all I wanna know atm.

Today was good :)

Made new freinds and met some real nice people.

And i improved my melee skillz. 8)
Make sure you come to the next one on the 29th NEW PEOPLE, this event had the worst turnout from what it seems and is nothing in comparison to the 29th and the next one will be massive and I will be there (Second best in UK, Fuzzyness is first but I will beat him in the finals lol)

Tamoo

Smash Master
cheers king and jjl, kinda surprised myself today lol

this tournament was much better than i thought it would be, very good, less people but everyone there was very decent. And the brawl turnout was LOL, made melee that much better ;)

umm results, not 100% sure cos i was playing too many friendlies but sumthing like this

1. fuzzy
2. frostbyte
3. edwin
4. chrisboi
5. tamoo
5. kman
7. clockmire
7. not sure, maybe synapse ????

Ill do sum shoutouts 2morrow :)
made this tournament way too hard for myself tho losing first match of winners :ohwell: but losers bracket is always good fun i guess :confused:

And also **** good to see so many new melee faces

the turnout for melee wasnt THAT bad, it was more the brawl lol

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
loool It's gay that all Frostbyte, Edwin and Chrisboi when I weren't there but oh well lol.
They better be there at the next one.
It's funny not attending a tournament and actually being able to look at the results and see how obvious and predictable the results are (except tamoo, good stuff)

I would have defintely placxed first at this tournament if I came.

MakoMako

Smash Journeyman
i left a BANG on the melee scene, destroyed chrisboi's marth with my ic and jigglypoof using my disgusting DI. So lucky I forfeited after pools or I woulda prolly beat frostbyte

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
lmao mako <3 ggs everyone, i'll upload some melee vids when i get back

i felt like mako wasnt trying in the grand finals :/ sucks we didnt get all of me vs siri and cong recorded ;__;

it was all fun aside losing like £40/50 x_X

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
yeah, funny thing is he never does and always gets ***** by charles' falco :confused:
Actually I have beat Charles in finals before silly billy dummy benny lol.
And funny enough I don't always lose to his falco, he beats me with different characters every tournament, it used to be marth but now I beat it, it used to be sheik but now I beat it, it used to be jiggly but now that's evenish and now it's his falco.
You're doing a good job though on proving my earlier statement correct though....
you're a prick who is wrong in the majortiy of his statements, I am just happy I am the type of prick who is always right lol. Maybe you can advance to my level soon.
Ben when are you gonna start stepping up at these tournaments.....your performance for your time in this community is going terrible and you're getting ***** by new people like Gantz who I knew would **** you and Last Dragon has zoomed passed you and waved while he passed by you on the skill road.
Plus you got ***** by the random falcon at the ranbat when it was his FIRST EVENT LOL!!!
You think you can step it up at the 29th of august at the ranbat????:confused:

FUZZYNESS - Upload the vidoes cos I wanna see how it went without me there lol.

gm jack

Smash Lord
Had an awesome time yesterday. Big shoutouts to all the Brawl people I played. Minh with his awesome IC, Cong with his Diddy, as well as the Peach (with awesome dreads, Siri I think) and the Toon Link whose names are escaping me right now.

Won't be able to make it on the 29th, as it is halfway through Reading Festival. Definitely going to the one after though.

cong

Smash Journeyman
Shootouts

Fuzzyness – Thanks for running the event and GG in the match, and I will never forget that gimp xD

Jack – our friendlys were fun, and it was nice meeting you

CCPLZ – Dam I think your one of the best I’ve played for sure, you know how to deal with nanas and use them against me, thanks for all the friendly’s and helping me improve my game

Edwin – Even though we didn’t get to play, after watching your games you got some insane spacing and being able to keep it up against ICs for a whole match is too much.
And “you can have my babies” LOOOL

Siri – It was good that you were able to make it and im just glad I didn’t have to play you in the brackets, ggs on the friendly matches too =P

MAKO – In every monthly I’ve been to I’ve had to play ya, and you keep getting better, this is the forth time you beat me but this time you handed down the **** >.<
But next time we play im gonna win xD

Even though attendance was low, this tourney has helped me improve the most out of all the ones I’ve been too and on a last note Good luck to all the people attending TSL both Brawl and Melee.

Tamoo

Smash Master
only brawl shoutouts? lets change that

Fuzz: well done yet again i guess, that 4 stock was pretty jokes, first match of the day johns right there lol

fishie: new blood, good to see, jiggs dittos are always a good laugh hehe

moogled: the doubles matches we had were good fun, decent falco, keep coming and ull improve quickly

El nino: why do i keep getting you in pools and bracket ! i swear, if u didnt go fox one match in the brackets, u may have taken me down, those were some intense matches man

Kman: u gotta great peach right there, and im happy i gave u a better run for you're money compared to when we last matches lol, proper intense matches

JJL: Haha, we always get eachother, those matches go either way, and **** ur scary when ur angry lool

dave: haha, finally got one on you, and 3-0 at that, i guess its my crew for a while now :D

Edwin: Finally got to play you lol, very sweet marth, ive never been comboed so much by a marth as jiggs lol, and the real winner of the set was definitely jungle japes lool, u love it

And i fully echo cong's sentiments, the turnout wasnt great, but it was high quality turnout, and ive improved more yesterday than pretty much every tournament ive been to.

Now lets go **** Europe ;)

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Way 2 much **** 2day fuzz thanks 4 letting me come over TC y did u quit those matches n damu n ur pause tatics lol hopefully I shld do well on Saturday just need 2 b smart about how I play coz when the combos started rolling out lol n y was there so much young link man lol 2 much spam
sorry man it was actually fun playing YLink loool. And I got the pause tactics from my hatred of professor f@ggot.

okay prof you can insult brawl, that way itll add humour too it i guess

'this is prof, he's been playing brawl for 2 and a half years'
looool

loool.
TC s a fag for keeping that in his sig but I will rip brawl apart in my interview and show people how little skill it takes in comparison to melee.
:( I dont love you anymore

brawl is more tactical imo, def a lot more thinking to do. But seriously enough brawl moaning! lol. If you don't like it don't play it- easy.
Um?... It's pretty clear now that brawl isnt as shallow as some people thought because of how far its progressed, but I still think melee is much much deeper.

If you like playing a game with fast speed, pushes your fingers to the limits, full of combos which take high skill to pull off, then melee is your game.
No edit will save you now LOOOL.

LOL TC should put this as his new sig hahaha
I'll probably replace my second quote soon since not many people on here would understand it.

*** you TC....you started this lool
This is what you get for flaking when edwin didnt you dumb prick

Ahahaha, if this is the event Fuzzyness mentioned I'm so down to go to the next one when I come to visit. So much trash talk, I LOVE IT! The Toronto, Canada scene is nothing like this; everyone is loveydovey and super friendly.

****'s going down, can't wait to see the results so I know who I have to beat =P. PAL can take away my spike, but they can't take away my mindgames! <____<
lol kind of ironic since va preferred the canadian scene for the exact opposite reason when he went down there.

I think you'll like the event though there's tons of it going down on the day ;)

Falco's spike is a true spike in our version.

cant make this one sorry i will be in london on the 4th tho geting housed by kira until tsl xD , after tsl i think il pick up melee, provide the **** kira
I hope you are serious lol.

looking forward to 29th
He took a game off edwin with his jiggs lol.

:026:

Pickled_No0b

Smash Journeyman
cheers for another good ranbat fuzz...

I think i learnt a few things to help me improve for next time, for example i really should have got a kebab on the way back lol

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Best grill on barkingside high street>

edit: ok WTF my signature misses out ONE WORD

Pickled_No0b

Smash Journeyman
bah if i had some cash i would have joined you but there were loads of ppl at the cash point :(

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Actually I have beat Charles in finals before silly billy dummy benny lol.
And funny enough I don't always lose to his falco, he beats me with different characters every tournament, it used to be marth but now I beat it, it used to be sheik but now I beat it, it used to be jiggly but now that's evenish and now it's his falco.
You're doing a good job though on proving my earlier statement correct though....

Ben when are you gonna start stepping up at these tournaments.....your performance for your time in this community is going terrible and you're getting ***** by new people like Gantz who I knew would **** you and Last Dragon has zoomed passed you and waved while he passed by you on the skill road.
Plus you got ***** by the random falcon at the ranbat when it was his FIRST EVENT LOL!!!
You think you can step it up at the 29th of august at the ranbat????:confused:

FUZZYNESS - Upload the vidoes cos I wanna see how it went without me there lol.
I'll do it :laugh:

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I'll do it :laugh:
Do what, step it up...loooool:confused:?

TC - Sorry I flaked when Edwin went but I just wasn't motivated to go with none of my south London people going.

Edwin is failing if he is getting beat my Tamoo and getting ***** by Deathgazer which is what he told me lol.
I would never lose to Tamoo and would NEVER get ***** by Deathgazer:bee: lol

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
You only improved a bit more recently lol, but it was the average level of improvement, it only seemed big bcos of your past slow improvement.
Let's see if you can beat Gantz this time anyway.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Edwin is failing if he is getting beat my Tamoo and getting ***** by Deathgazer which is what he told me lol.
If i take u to the stage i beat edwin, ya neva know, thats our dave's gays specially gay counterpick, u aint getting an easy win gainst our crew out on our japes

Deathgazer

Smash Ace
Do what, step it up...loooool:confused:?

lol it wasnt really ****, just like a sudden burst and it only happend on one match, then the rest of the matches, he 3 stocked me for the majority of it.

and I finally made it out of pools!
although i went ganon for most of it
and in pools against a link player and pickled noob's Shiek purely cos of chaingrabbing!! lol
and i didnt wnt to risk any silly suicides haha

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
If i take u to the stage i beat edwin, ya neva know, thats our dave's gays specially gay counterpick, u aint getting an easy win gainst our crew out on our japes
loool I ain't Edwin and we play complete different characters. Take me there and it will be your worst nightmare.

Deathgazer - That is pretty bad if you are forced to not play your own character due to your main not being consitent enough to not kill itself every stock lol, you need to work on that.

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
yeah other than the sd's deathgazer your falco is getting solid bro :) i saw a major improvment in your game compared to last time :p

i needs more practise with better people, i felt myself improving as i played chrisboi and edwin, :) need more of that...

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Yeah everyone knows that Deathgazer has alot of potential but he makes too much mistakes and can play with no1 frequently to show him all of them.
I still wanna come to HSAM event even though they always get put on REALLY bad days for me lol, hopefully I can come to the next one.

Deathgazer

Smash Ace
Deathgazer - That is pretty bad if you are forced to not play your own character due to your main not being consitent enough to not kill itself every stock lol, you need to work on that.
yer i guess it is pretty bad. just need to stop acidental Side B-ing,
I do it alot when i play alone aswel and def need improving on mindgames lol

Top Bottom