• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Heartstring

Smash Legend
+10 respect points

-9 respect points. Real men never apologise. shoulda gone for broke and said Prof could pay the guy with the stool with his pot of gold.

(even though I'm probably about the same height as Prof.)
thank you and screw you, ive been unecessarily harsh, and it would be fair game, but he stops responding to it and its boring
also wtf, jsut thinking about it, i thought you black guys where meant to be big, whats with the ****** black guys?

rustediron

Smash Lord
Yeah, dthrow shine is just rude :S
And if you guess right then you can get a guaranteed aerial off an uthrow usually :S

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Uneducated smashers are uneducated....

That wouldn't happen in PAL.....In NTSC there's another change with Falco which means that you can actually D-throw Fox and he can't tech it (he might be able to at some really high percent though)....he can only DI away or DI in some other direction to cease Falco from D-throw chain grabbing him which CAN actually be done in that version.

(Look at 1:23 and several other moments so you can see that you can't tech)

So it's not as silly when Deathgazer does it as he can't get punished like that....but it's also silly when Deathgazer does it because he has better options.

except when he needs to reach the lightswitch and the guy next to him has a stool, then the guy with a stool can manipulate...

im sorry im actually being quite harsh to you for no apparent reason XD
That's it....you say it and then apologize straight after like you should be :)

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Uneducated smashers are uneducated....

That wouldn't happen in PAL.....In NTSC there's another change with Falco which means that you can actually D-throw Fox and he can't tech it (he might be able to at some really high percent though)....he can only DI away or DI in some other direction to cease Falco from D-throw chain grabbing him which CAN actually be done in that version.

(Look at 1:23 and several other moments so you can see that you can't tech)

So it's not as silly when Deathgazer does it as he can't get punished like that....but it's also silly when Deathgazer does it because he has better options.

That's it....you say it and then apologize straight after like you should be :)
This is also true.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
GP- one thing I think I ought to say is melee is not as hard as it looks. The basic tech skill you will pick up a lot faster than you'd think and it's a great game to get into

j3ly

Smash Champion
bullet bill from ur perspective, and taking you as an example, melee is excruciatingly difficult

Retroking2000

Smash Master
after playing the game for so long i can finally able to play knowing what im doing lol
but there is still a long way to go i cant react to everything .
melee takes to long to get good at and thats just one character but it helps since some characters have clone movesets

prof is the best person to play in the uk honestly
he really pressures you lol
beat fuzzy by a landslide

he really is dugusting now

but he aint winning this monthly lolool

smakis

Smash Ace
Beast was fun, disappointed by my performance (beat pasi in pools 2-0, choked in brackets). My grab consistency was down the drain for the whole tournament (dropped about half of my wobbles, maybe even more), but had a great time playing all the people.

Dropping Ice Climbers, need new main, see you at the next monthly =)

VA

Smash Hero
God reading this is awful.

You guys have no idea what it's like to travel lol. All your experience amounts to is prof being ***** by aniolas and edwin being four stocked by him.

My results were actually like this.

Pool 1

I beat everyone 2-0, including Aniolas.

Pool 2

I came 3rd behind pepito and amsah. game one against amsah went to 150% last stock but he edged me out. He then 3 stocked me or something. I lost to pepito in 2 very tight games. I had him on 136% when I was on 0% game 1 and he beat me. I got demoralised and made a bad counterpick game 2.

Bracket

I faced Nizro first and was 1-1. He took me YS and I ****ed up a 3 stock lead by using dair to fail an edgegaurd when I could have just grabbed the edge to kill him. He won that game and proceeded to win the set 3-2. This set was EXTREMELY annoying as hundreds of people had gathered to watch this match and armada's youngest brother android take on fuzzyness . We were on adjacent TVs and always ont he same game in the set and the cheering was mad off putting.

Next I faced GsE who tried to counterpick me with Puff. I ****ed him up in game 1. He then went Fox and won a game, I won the set 3-1.

Then I played Porc who I had been playing lots of friendlies with earlier that day. I'm sure you've all seen me choke like **** against him in Paris and get *****. Luckily this time I got m revenge. He was 2-1 up on FD and I clutched out game 4 on 123% after a very near miss with an uair that I combo broke with a nair. Risky as **** but it paid off as I comfortably took game 5.

Hack was my next match. I 2 stocked his peach in ditto. He took me YS and counter picked fox where he won easily. I picked FoD so he decided to test me with Puff, which was a bad move for him as I easily won. He went PS fox for game 4, he was on 100% and off stage on the last stock and I missed a bair edgegaurd or something gay to lose this game to uthrow uair. He was extremely kind in game 5 and let me back after I nearly SD'd but still beat me easily on FD with fox. It was very disappointing.

The difficulty of this tournament was being in the extreme minority with very little in terms of support from the crowd. I don't think any of you guys have had lots of people cheering your opponent on before, it's very difficult to play against.

This was a VERY tough tournament with a lot of unknown talent present, most of which would destroy the majority of UK players.

Had I have beaten Hack I believe I could have gone on to take 7th or even 5th, I'm gutted I missed out on the chance to do so. I'm not saying I would have, only that there was a chance for me to take it.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
incorrect. We're simply expected to have large genitals.

and I'm well within expectations :awesome:

ontopic: I'm so ****ing hype for this tourney. if melee is £3 or less, I'm entering.
i didnt know your glasses had magnification as well as clarity, specsavers?

i wont enter melee i dont think, for the main tournament im focusing solely on brawl, but ill play some melee friendlies afterwards
also talked to the guy who owns my potential venue today, he wants me to talk to the comitee as he aitn too sure about several dozen teenagers/older staying at the church overnight. fingers crossed

X1-12

Smash Champion
I'm bringing someone new to this.

What's turnout expected to be like? its only a monthly but nothing has happened in a while

Yeniths

East Midlands!
GP maybe show them pics or stuff about past tournaments? Just so they know a little about the community.

B.Mack

Smash Ace
just steal some pictures from a different event. Priests dont have the ability to tell if you're lying(or do they?)

seriously, just get pictures from some other smash event that look small and organised.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
I disagree if you can show a large tournament working well, say abit about it and past events, running a small event will seem much easier/less hassle/risk.

VA

Smash Hero
IMPORTANT POST PLEASE READ

I have been thinking for a long time about this, and have come to a decision.

I am quitting smash, permanently.

After BEAST I realised that I never will be as good as armada, amsah and the other top smashers. I've put in so much time to this game and still fail to take the top spots. I've mained a **** character who I don't enjoy just to get more tournament success and not even managed it.

I used to play MTG and over the Christmas holidays got out my old collection which is worth over £2000. I am going to start playing this professionally as it's easier and I can make a lot of money from it.

I know this is a massive cop out and I might still attend the odd smashfest or something, but nothing serious from now on.

I've loved and hated being part of this community. So thanks for the memories guys, maybe see you at SNY2?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
after playing the game for so long i can finally able to play knowing what im doing lol
but there is still a long way to go i cant react to everything .
melee takes to long to get good at and thats just one character but it helps since some characters have clone movesets

prof is the best person to play in the uk honestly
he really pressures you lol
beat fuzzy by a landslide

he really is dugusting now

but he aint winning this monthly lolool
The Yellow bit is true but the last bit...........I don't know who you expect to win this Monthly then lol....cos im definitely looking to win it.

Beast was fun, disappointed by my performance (beat pasi in pools 2-0, choked in brackets). My grab consistency was down the drain for the whole tournament (dropped about half of my wobbles, maybe even more), but had a great time playing all the people.

Dropping Ice Climbers, need new main, see you at the next monthly =)
You beat Pasi but Fuzzy lost to him....Fuzzy is so poor at adapting he really needs to fix up, he's not even that good....how come he's losing to people like Pasi when other people in the UK are beating him like VA vs Aniolas and You Pasi....he'll never be better then me.

(This is just a revenge post for something Fuzzy said to me in practically the same situation lol :bee:)

God reading this is awful.

You guys have no idea what it's like to travel lol. All your experience amounts to is prof being ***** by aniolas and edwin being four stocked by him.

My results were actually like this.

Pool 1

I beat everyone 2-0, including Aniolas.

Pool 2

I came 3rd behind pepito and amsah. game one against amsah went to 150% last stock but he edged me out. He then 3 stocked me or something. I lost to pepito in 2 very tight games. I had him on 136% when I was on 0% game 1 and he beat me. I got demoralised and made a bad counterpick game 2.

Bracket

I faced Nizro first and was 1-1. He took me YS and I ****ed up a 3 stock lead by using dair to fail an edgegaurd when I could have just grabbed the edge to kill him. He won that game and proceeded to win the set 3-2. This set was EXTREMELY annoying as hundreds of people had gathered to watch this match and armada's youngest brother android take on fuzzyness . We were on adjacent TVs and always ont he same game in the set and the cheering was mad off putting.

Next I faced GsE who tried to counterpick me with Puff. I ****ed him up in game 1. He then went Fox and won a game, I won the set 3-1.

Then I played Porc who I had been playing lots of friendlies with earlier that day. I'm sure you've all seen me choke like **** against him in Paris and get *****. Luckily this time I got m revenge. He was 2-1 up on FD and I clutched out game 4 on 123% after a very near miss with an uair that I combo broke with a nair. Risky as **** but it paid off as I comfortably took game 5.

Hack was my next match. I 2 stocked his peach in ditto. He took me YS and counter picked fox where he won easily. I picked FoD so he decided to test me with Puff, which was a bad move for him as I easily won. He went PS fox for game 4, he was on 100% and off stage on the last stock and I missed a bair edgegaurd or something gay to lose this game to uthrow uair. He was extremely kind in game 5 and let me back after I nearly SD'd but still beat me easily on FD with fox. It was very disappointing.

The difficulty of this tournament was being in the extreme minority with very little in terms of support from the crowd. I don't think any of you guys have had lots of people cheering your opponent on before, it's very difficult to play against.

This was a VERY tough tournament with a lot of unknown talent present, most of which would destroy the majority of UK players.

Had I have beaten Hack I believe I could have gone on to take 7th or even 5th, I'm gutted I missed out on the chance to do so. I'm not saying I would have, only that there was a chance for me to take it.
LOOOL No-one was really saying anything about you except for you playing bad in doubles vs two sheiks and you placed 13th which are true facts.......Nice lose in another country and then comeback to rage at community for no reason post though :confused:

IMPORTANT POST PLEASE READ

I have been thinking for a long time about this, and have come to a decision.

I am quitting smash, permanently.

After BEAST I realised that I never will be as good as armada, amsah and the other top smashers. I've put in so much time to this game and still fail to take the top spots. I've mained a **** character who I don't enjoy just to get more tournament success and not even managed it.

I used to play MTG and over the Christmas holidays got out my old collection which is worth over £2000. I am going to start playing this professionally as it's easier and I can make a lot of money from it.

I know this is a massive cop out and I might still attend the odd smashfest or something, but nothing serious from now on.

I've loved and hated being part of this community. So thanks for the memories guys, maybe see you at SNY2?
MTG lol :confused:

What game is that anyway.....the normal demotivated after tournament and thinking about quitting smash....see you at whatever event soon :)

VA

Smash Hero
Did you not see the masses of "get ***** fuzzy" posts?

Why does the community relish in seeing it's own players do badly?

Anyway, believe what you will, I've quit.

Retroking2000

Smash Master
I just got mentioned in VAs post and i didnt even say anything lol ,

also you placed higher than fuzz i would have expected a post like that from him xD

what is MTG ?

to be fair armada and amsah have put in the time

melee is just incredibly hard to play well .

at least quit after sny2 if you get another upset

+ prof you sure arent winning this monthly lol

Heartstring

Smash Legend
protip:its a video game, not a lifestyle choice
i find it funny that when peopl talk about 'quitting smash' and such they say it like theyre trying to give up smoking or something like that

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Next monthly on the 5th then? Is there gonna be doubles or what?

Prof- MSN

GP- hahaha I agree I doubt even if I get really busy that I'll ever completely quit cos all I have to do is pick up a controller.

Top Bottom