• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Tamoo

Smash Master
The biggest problem with increasing entry fees is
£10 is simply too much
anything in between 5 and 10 is awkward in terms of preparing change for the 40 people expected to turn up. Although if venue fee is £3, then Singles entry for £7 for national tournaments is reasonable.

Retroking2000

Smash Master
if it gets enough notice i should be fine also i dont think people just have the confidence to think they do good in tourneys despite the price.
tbh it was just a suggestion just to make people more tourney aware just thought raising the price would raise everyones game you know
uk is just getting too comfortable allowing the same people to come top 3
i dont know if people are practicing or what but the same top for how long now :\
im not even top 3 so im not against you guys im with you we gotta take them out lol
STOP GIVING THEM YOUR BREAD!!!!!

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
monthlies will stay cheap obviously lol

anyone playing smash soon (after the 10th)?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Well what is the price for these events to officially state before we can even determine how much it should be increased.

If the pot is increased though I honestly think it should only be like by £1/2

Fuck the doubling the size or whatever.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
well since charles hasn't really said ANYTHING about it yet (to my knowledge) it probably won't even increase at all, I just said that I think it should be increased lol.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
why are we talking about putting the price up to £10 all of a sudden? Travelling is expensive enough without things like this to worry about.

Edwin- I for one am definitely trying and always have been. I don't know what more I can do lol but I have changed to fox and made a fair improvement (I've heard from other people). I think the problem is people basically being ok with having the same top players. Too many people saying 'yep, they're gonna get top 3' and not enough people saying 'I WANT top 3'. Too many people saying '*sigh* well I'm gonna lose to him' rather than 'I'm gonna try and cause an upset here'

j3ly

Smash Champion
Too many people saying 'yep, they're gonna get top 3' and not enough people saying 'I WANT top 3'

you dont know shiz about the london scene then

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Loool Rage reply.

B.E.A.S.T. UK PERFORMANCE UPDATE

Anyway I just watched on the LiveStream Fuzzyness & VA in doubles
Straight away they played Armada & Aniolas in the bracket which wasnt on the LiveStream but then got sent to the losers bracket
They beat like 2/3 teams (not Livestreamed) from here untill they got ***** by Ice & Luma 3-0 who played Double sheik (LiveStreamed)

Fuzzyness played Jiggs in the first two games and played sloppy and sort of desperate, throwing out rests and not edgeguarding correctly and generally playing bad and VA on average was getting more done to him then he was doing to the sheiks.

The last game Fuzzy went CF but still lost.

Also Fuzzy done the Fuzzy & Amsah vs Armada & Aniolas team MM which he thought he had a good chance of winning and they didn't win a single game which was either B05 then friendlies or B07 then friendlies....and even counting those friendlies after it was like 7-0 all together lol.

So he obviously has to step it up in singles and same with VA....just have to see 2moro.

Tamoo

Smash Master
cheers prof, looking for that. Proper stacked bracket though, having to face calle first round losers

And damn stream is just too laggy for me, hopefully better for singles

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Well before the stream was laggy and B&W the ENTIREEEE Doubles tournament, they only got it colour recently so your lucky.

Doubles + No Colour = Annoying as hell lol.

But yeah, I don't know how much updates I will be able to give 2moro as I might be around Alpha Dash's house and his computer has got some virus on but I will see how it goes but it is looking unlikely.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Too many people saying 'yep, they're gonna get top 3' and not enough people saying 'I WANT top 3'

you dont know shiz about the london scene then
:laugh: I know quite a lot about the London scene actually. I've been playing a very long time, I've played in London a lot and I've played just about every London melee player there is. I've also played London players you probably haven't even heard of

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
loool At the comeback....love you Benny Boy :)

Honestly though we should speak soon about you coming down to London for some smashfest, the potential places you can go is Tamoo's again, Jolteon's or Alpha Dash....so we should definitely setup something so you can play smash since it's been too long and I want to help out your fox :)

UK B.E.A.S.T. UPDATE

Well the update is that there is no update lol.
The LiveStream hasn't started yet but from what I know Singles Pools is starting today and then they will be progessing on to the bracket and such.

So let's hope that Beast (The UK Player, not the tournament lol) gets through brackets along with the sexy Smakis (He's still partially UK lol) get through bracket so we have a full UK squad through brackets.

Fuzzy is aiming for Top 5 atleast and im not sure what VA is aiming for but I hope he gets Top 10ish
And hopefully Beast will **** and Smakis will be estiablished as the best IC's in EU lol :bee:

I'm going to Gantz house later but I will be on his laptop with the LiveStream trying to update peepz....also the LiveChat thing was jokes yday

Mango came in and was like 'OMG It's Professor Pro *faints*' which was pretty funny lol and was talking about me being the best Fox in the EU and him and Waffle then proceeded to attempt to talk about how America is better then Europe and all that Shiz.

Mango actually said he wants to retire in smash but people aren't letting him retire and forcing him to play which was pretty gay to hear that he doesn't want to play anymore lol....and he also said he's not going Pound 5 which is even gayer, but I hope he changes his mind since Armada and a few other Top EU's players are going.

And Axe came in and said he likes Fuzzy's falcon and that he wanted to see him play it which was pretty good so looks like they pretty much know about the UK which is pretty good.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Yeah I saw that **** lol....I was ashamed...and even Mango was like he got *****....get verbally ***** and shame yourself in front of the Best player in the world. :ohwell:

Golden-Psyco - The answer is in your question, im just that good that I cannot be at that tournament :confused:

But seriously though im getting a New Passport soon due to me being an illegal immigrant (nah lol my passport has run out of date) and my parents being moany in the past about me playing but now I can go to events it's just getting the money to re-new my Passport and stuff.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
tut, banned from tournament, sort it out XD
nah fair play, speaking of which i need to get a new one if i want to go to this german one in march...

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Yeah I saw that **** lol....I was ashamed...and even Mango was like he got *****....get verbally ***** and shame yourself in front of the Best player in the world. :ohwell:

Golden-Psyco - The answer is in your question, im just that good that I cannot be at that tournament :confused:

But seriously though im getting a New Passport soon due to me being an illegal immigrant (nah lol my passport has run out of date) and my parents being moany in the past about me playing but now I can go to events it's just getting the money to re-new my Passport and stuff.
lol at the illegal immigrant comment

by the way, getting your passport renewed is a lot quicker than a lot of people think. I've done mine in December and it was handled fairly quickly. Plus, after you've done it you're sorted for 10 years

Heartstring

Smash Legend
lol at the illegal immigrant comment

by the way, getting your passport renewed is a lot quicker than a lot of people think. I've done mine in December and it was handled fairly quickly. Plus, after you've done it you're sorted for 10 years
lets be honest, he just made a john up on the spot because he knew he couldnt compete at this tournament XD

Gantz ak-47

Smash Journeyman
Prof - VA got ***** from what I hear and placed 13th lol

And Fuzzy placed like 11/9th so both of them got finished.

Fuzzy got sent to the losers bracket by a Fox called Pasi and I dunno who knocked him out....I wish I was there to hold **** together

Gantz ak-47

Smash Journeyman
New news.....Fuzzy got ***** in his bumhole and placedlike 13th and IRONICALLY it was VA who placed like 11th lol.

http://m2eila.fr/Slhoka/BEAST/beastsingles.gif

I actually wish I was there with this terrible performance, numerous requests on the LiveChat have been set for them to stay where they are and NEVER return.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
That was Amsah you sure using Fox/Sheik in those doubles with Charles and those were MM's

Only one set got put on the LiveStream with Fuzz & Va and that was against the double shieks which they lost against

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
oh LMAO

I was like "hmm not bad VA!"
loool Nah, VA kind of got ***** in the set which I watched with the two sheiks and Charles just played poor in general....

I can't believe more then one person thought that was VA though lol....definitely not....I wasn't even in the country and there was more of a chance of it being me then VA :)

I see their plan is working :cool:
LOOOL.

There's no plan.....it's my own judgement, opinion and STATEMENT, no-one can ever manipulate the Professor Pro

Heartstring

Smash Legend
There's no plan.....it's my own judgement, opinion and STATEMENT, no-one can ever manipulate the Professor Pro
except when he needs to reach the lightswitch and the guy next to him has a stool, then the guy with a stool can manipulate...

im sorry im actually being quite harsh to you for no apparent reason XD

B.Mack

Smash Ace
except when he needs to reach the lightswitch and the guy next to him has a stool, then the guy with a stool can manipulate...
+10 respect points

im sorry im actually being quite harsh to you for no apparent reason XD
-9 respect points. Real men never apologise. shoulda gone for broke and said Prof could pay the guy with the stool with his pot of gold.

(even though I'm probably about the same height as Prof.)

Top Bottom