• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
id rather see tesco vs ooc
.......Well I didn't really mention them and they weren't around the house, so bringing that up was pretty irrelevant.

And Gantz was a ***** and spoiled everything like he usually does by saying he was DEFINITELY coming and then just decided not to come without notifying anyone so it sadly didn't get done which was really gay.

So yeah, Fuck You Rafiu. :glare:

Matches did get recorded and FINALLY good quality matches with the new Pinncale Studios Program, but it was some silly 23 GB worth of sets together and it was taken long to transfer on to my ipod and it was like 4:30AM so me and The Lust just went and I will get it on my ipod and upload everything later since AD is gay and lazy and will only upload matches where he plays good.....

We'll still try get the Round Robin thing done later.

But in conclusion of this post I would still like to end it with Fuck You Rafiu

Heartstring

Smash Legend
why is roy so bad when he is almost the same character as marth? i mean i know theres the whole tipper at the hilt thing, but srsly what else

gm jack

Smash Lord
Marth has a huge advantage in range abuse. Roy loses that all, as a lot of his hits at tipper range are so weak they can be punished on hit. Add that to a lack of combos, difficulty killing and piss poor recovery and you have a terrible character.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
why is roy so bad when he is almost the same character as marth? i mean i know theres the whole tipper at the hilt thing, but srsly what else
**** recovery
**** attacks
can be comboed to ****
**** loads of lag on his attacks

I'm probably missing some

GP aren't you a brawl player? Why are you talking about melee so much?

Guys I've been paid now so I should be able to come up for a fest sometime :). Is anyone gonna be hosting anything?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Which is why in the thread people were complaining about Roy being above Mewtwo lol.

I remember when Mewtwo was at the bottom of the tier list and seen as the worst character in the game and I remember looking at it and thinking that Pichu and Kirby are way worse then Mewtwo.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
**** recovery
**** attacks
can be comboed to ****
**** loads of lag on his attacks

I'm probably missing some

GP aren't you a brawl player? Why are you talking about melee so much?

Guys I've been paid now so I should be able to come up for a fest sometime :). Is anyone gonna be hosting anything?
uhkay then.

and also, its highly likely that if i were to start talking about brawl, prof would explode and yet another brawl/melee rage thing would come up and i cant be arsed with it XD
and melee is fun to watch anyway

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
why not pick up melee? It's well worth getting into

-- AGAIN --
Guys I've been paid now so I should be able to come up for a fest sometime . Is anyone gonna be hosting anything?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
uhkay then.

and also, its highly likely that if i were to start talking about brawl, prof would explode and yet another brawl/melee rage thing would come up and i cant be arsed with it XD
and melee is fun to watch anyway
Why would I attack you if you mentioned brawl.

Post about brawl = I don't care (Unless im in a blatanly troll mood)
Long conversation throughout the thread of brawl = Insulting time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-FbyRmklDU

when a falco plays like that no one can beat him lol

also ben fuzzy is hosting a fest for practice on the 5th ( i think) not sure gonna have to ask him
prof/ VA are going to be there

i was offered to come but you can go instead of me cause i know how much you felt like playing
LOL That Fox was not exactly playing good or up to par with Axe in general to say that, it was **** but nothing amazing and definitely beatable

I feel annoyed when people say things like 'He's so unbeatable'.....reminds me of people talking about Fuzzyness and saying that no-one in the UK can beat him and won't for awhile and just being too stubborn to see.

BUT WORST OF ALL it reminds me of Alpha Dash and he's contiuning bragging about Mango and telling me that 'No-one can beat him' and talking like he's unstoppable and dared to say 'He's so much smarter then Armada, did you see his Falco play his peach in that friendly'
Mango is amazing, but he's VERY far from unstoppable.
And he also talks in the annoying tone just like Charles (VANITY 'Robby' ANGEL you will know EXACTLY WHAT I MEAN) 'I just don't understand how he does that, I mean I get it but I just don't understand how he plays like that and he wins, he's so good'

When people talk like that it's really annoying lol...

And also what's the dropping out for Ben bull****, that's basically saying you don't want to go, you know if you don't want to go just say, you don't have to pretend to be a good samaritan about it to avoid the fact you feel you might flake....I would still like to see Ben go but you could simply ask Charles instead of that.

FUCK EVERYONE COS IM STARTING THE NEW YEAR WITH A RAGE POST TO SHOW HOW IM GONNA BE ****** UP SHIZ in 2011 AND DOMINATING
2011 B!TCHES AND OOC!!!!

Retroking2000

Smash Master
I understand what your saying . it can get annoying to praise a player like that but i think its just admiration or just giving props where there due you know.

i said that about axe just cause i admired his play it was naive of me to say that but people are always going to think like that until someone better comes along . said that about ken , fuzzy , mango amsah , etc this game is very hard to get good at everyone knows that

lol im no good samaritan i can go fuzzys anytime , but ben lives in southampton and hasnt played for a while to my knowledge so i just offered + i know no one wants alot of people turning up to smashfests with only a few setups just becomes crowded

so yeah lol i can go to fuzzys anytime really tbh i could have went twice now if i wasnt feeling sick or overslept loool

+ on IWR i dunno why people still mention that crew . its done
kman has officially quit
chris + frost are mostly inactive
i havent touch smash for weeks ( i got ***** by jely im that bad now lol)
only one left is fuzzy i thought i should just get that out there

CalleW, be afraid.
I tend to **** ppl that haven't traveled abroad much.
like professor Pro.
lol where you at

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I understand what your saying . it can get annoying to praise a player like that but i think its just admiration or just giving props where there due you know.

i said that about axe just cause i admired his play it was naive of me to say that but people are always going to think like that until someone better comes along . said that about ken , fuzzy , mango amsah , etc this game is very hard to get good at everyone knows that

lol im no good samaritan i can go fuzzys anytime , but ben lives in southampton and hasnt played for a while to my knowledge so i just offered + i know no one wants alot of people turning up to smashfests with only a few setups just becomes crowded

so yeah lol i can go to fuzzys anytime really tbh i could have went twice now if i wasnt feeling sick or overslept loool

+ on IWR i dunno why people still mention that crew . its done
kman has officially quit
chris + frost are mostly inactive
i havent touch smash for weeks ( i got ***** by jely im that bad now lol)
only one left is fuzzy i thought i should just get that out there

lol Well that really only shows people's ignorance/lack of understanding when they say things like that....and lol @ losing to **** J3ly =O

And I knew from long aog that IWR was a fake/done crew
OoC for best crew in the UK obviously.

I hope Ben can come but I don't think you should give up your place, either way I think it's gonna be

VA
Beast
Me
J3ly
Deathgazer (Maybe)

on 4/5th, and there's two setups which wil be there...I don't see the need for you to drop your place for Ben without even finding out if Ben can come first and if Charles would allow him to come with everyone....but it's your choice as it always has been, i'm just saying if you don't feel like coming there's no need to camoflauge it with good samaritaness lol.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
is Charles' gonna be that soon? I probably won't be able to get tickets if it's then. I've looked on a site called megabus, which I've looked on before but not had much luck, and found a lot more cheap tickets than I expected.

Is anyone else gonna be hosting anything in January? If I know in advance I can get cheap tickets which'd be a huge favor for me

alternatively how do people feel about coming down to Southampton?

j3ly

Smash Champion
Marth has a huge advantage in range abuse. Roy loses that all, as a lot of his hits at tipper range are so weak they can be punished on hit. Add that to a lack of combos, difficulty killing and piss poor recovery and you have a terrible character.
If you have learnt to crouch then you essentially defeat Roy as a character
£5 MM my roy both of you =/
with good DI his recovery is fine

he enjoys 0-30-fsmash-death CG's on fox and falco

has one of the strongest attacks in the game

has the 2nd lowest hitbox in the game, lowest from standing

counter to edgeguard *****

amazing dtilt which you can space anyway

x1-12 that thing about the crouching, i used to research smash too. i read that on roy boards aswell.

just dont forget most of the stuff on smashboards is written by scrubs - always check vids before you take anything anyone says as anything more than 1 opinion out of a sea of 100's of opinions. CCing hurts roy, but probably hurt him alot harder in 06 when that guide was written. subjectivity is the key if ur not creative/experienced to make up ur own mind

go into our upcomming friendlies/MM with the view u can just 'CC and punish on hit' and i guarantee you will be hit by so many spaced weak fairs -> dtilt -> fsmashes.

but marth is just soooooooooo much better lol

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
£5 MM my roy both of you =/
with good DI his recovery is fine

he enjoys 0-30-fsmash-death CG's on fox and falco

has one of the strongest attacks in the game

has the 2nd lowest hitbox in the game, lowest from standing

counter to edgeguard *****

amazing dtilt which you can space anyway

x1-12 that thing about the crouching, i used to research smash too. i read that on roy boards aswell.

just dont forget most of the stuff on smashboards is written by scrubs - always check vids before you take anything anyone says as anything more than 1 opinion out of a sea of 100's of opinions. CCing hurts roy, but probably hurt him alot harder in 06 when that guide was written. subjectivity is the key if ur not creative/experienced to make up ur own mind

go into our upcomming friendlies/MM with the view u can just 'CC and punish on hit' and i guarantee you will be hit by so many spaced weak fairs -> dtilt -> fsmashes.

but marth is just soooooooooo much better lol
His recovery is not fine lol. He falls like a stone and only has his upB which is easily edgeguarded. His aerials are incredibly piss poor and have terrible knockback. He gets comboed VERY easily and can be punished very easily. Gets completely crushed by most of the high tier characters. Uses an ok matchup with fox to justify anything he's good for (which pretty much starts and ends with being able to combo fox and a LOT of characters can do this anyway)

can't believe you think Roys good :scared:

j3ly

Smash Champion
amazing edgeguards, superior power. ill crush ur chars with my roy (not doc)

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
nah you won't. Theres only one person in this country who's good with Roy and thats the late great King of Scotland. All other people playing roy are about as flimsy as a wet piece of bread

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
How does Roy have a "lack of combos"? lol.

Also crouching does kinda **** Roy sometimes but he also has a **** grab and can still space, so...

smakis

Smash Ace
roy is hilarious to play, that dtilt son. His aerials isn't completly trash, on their own they are pretty useless but that fair/uair leads into grab/dtilt/fsmash <3

VA

Smash Hero
That thing X1-12 said is almost a word for word copy of what was said in that thread of unknown smash facts.

I think it was RaynEx that said it originally.

smakis

Smash Ace
we still gotta find something to do when we arrive in gothenburg lol, no responses on the swedish forum and just walking around for 6 hours is gonna be so dull >_>.

smakis

Smash Ace
oh I forgot, Robby/Beast, could you pretty please bring my pillow with you to the airport? =D

We could sleep, but gothenburg city airport is so small you wouldn't believe it, only one terminal and a small shop/café =P. IIRC you can't even get a couch unless you pass the security gate.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
why not pick up melee? It's well worth getting into

-- AGAIN --
Guys I've been paid now so I should be able to come up for a fest sometime . Is anyone gonna be hosting anything?
please see my techskill for more answers XD
but i will intervene ppl at the next tournament for melee stuffs, just for lulz

Top Bottom