• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Sox

Smash Journeyman
So... I just came over here from the states for a study abroad program. I'm in kensington and want to go to one of these events, but i forgot my controller :( is there anyone that has an extra or know of a place to purchase one?

VA

Smash Hero
I have attended every single tournament I've been in the country for since 07 Tamoo.

I've missed like 3 since I started playing, 2 of which I was out of the country for or working. SmashGT3 swizzy didn't even enter singles, can you just take some of the larger tournaments rather than recent ones?

VA

Smash Hero
nationals is a good idea, are you using data from monthlies or what? it's confusing... but GT2 had a fairly good attendance.

Tamoo

Smash Master
We don't have complete results for any tournaments other than GT3 and SNY, and it's already been decided that those will be the only two taken into account.

I understand it's frustrating the only two tournaments you don't attend are the ones in which we are ranking so far, but trust me, you will easily work your way up that list into a place you deserve if you make it to the next few major tournaments

I have very incomplete data from GT2, and it's all a bit messed up because of two international players and Edwin giving up his place to prof, meaning overall it def isn't a reliable tournament source

Tamoo

Smash Master
So... I just came over here from the states for a study abroad program. I'm in kensington and want to go to one of these events, but i forgot my controller :( is there anyone that has an extra or know of a place to purchase one?
Hey, how long are u in the UK for?
Also, i don't know how many people bring spares to tournaments but i'm sure there are people that do that would be happy to lend you.
You play melee or brawl?

Also, the best place to purchase controllers is on the internet i'm afraid, shops rarely sell them. If you're willing to fork out quite a bit for a controller, then play asia sell new white ones, other wise you could look on places like gumtree

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
That's good anyway....I agreed with it not being on if you see my post in the Ranking Thread.

Plus a Serious Ranking tournament with all the gay Cps is not legit imo lol.
If its ranked its a bad idea to use all the random CPs this time as that seems to take seriousness away from it as people can get messed over.

Should just wait till the one after this one for it to be ranked.
I still fail to see how the extended CP list makes a tournament 'not serious'.

lol hugo, and VERY NICE, I like it a lot, if you can get all those things up and running in the navbar that would be really cool. Also, yeniths is SATiRe and i don't think jolteon is really part of any crew for one reason or another.

Also, what are you using to determine the 'class'? Just wondering cos people like gantz and jolteon were around long before us but we're still borderline, is there some kinda date cut off?

Also VA isn't on the list cos he's not attended the last two tournaments so hasn't registered a score
Just for general knowledge my first tournament was AR back in 2006 (I believe it was the same for Joe if you want a comparison), but I was never actually active until my next tournament TKI which took place in 2008, after that I started hosting joint melee+brawl events and soon after Dave's Gays etc joined the scene. Whether you want to base my 'class' on my first appearance in the scene or when I started being active is up to you.

Glad to hear that :laugh:

This should be in the rankings thread ideally, but I'll answer it here anyway :p

-Regarding Yeniths, I'll change that immdiately.
-Jolteon I've always considered IWR, I'll change that if he requests it personally.
-The class column was just a bit of a laugh from me, I've done it vary arbitrarily as I don't know how long some players (like Jolteon, some members of OOC, PMS, KNDJ, Beast, K00P, some members of The Saints) have been in the community. Information would be welcome, however :D
I've never been in IWR, or any crew for that matter.

IWR shouldn't even be on the list due to the EXTREME inactiveness of The Majority of their players.

Kman (Who actually has claimed he has quit smash)
Frostbyte
Chrisboi

Meaning it's only Edwin and Fuzzy.
And Jolteon has NEVERRRR been IWR lol....I don't look at him like them at all.
If anything I would claim him as SATire cos I tihnk he fits in with the random people of that group.

The top crew would either be SDB or OOC and OOC would beat SDB in a crew battle but I have a feeling they would be put above us for some gay reason

Crews like SATire, IDDY and Tesco Crew would undoubtable lose to OOC....it was even debatable if Tesco would win without me so if I am in it's a guaranteed win.
Actually both Terrance and Chris are still playing (I JUST played both of them on Sat and Chris made it a point to let people know that they haven't stopped playing), I would still rate IWR as the best crew in the UK.

I dunno why you think I'm in Satire lol :s

K00P

Smash Apprentice
The top crew would either be SDB or OOC and OOC would beat SDB in a crew battle but I have a feeling they would be put above us for some gay reason
I think OOC would lose in a crew battle with SDB, you always let me down and underperform in crews prof :(

Plus SDB has some ridiculously sexy members.

Sox

Smash Journeyman
Hey, how long are u in the UK for?
Also, i don't know how many people bring spares to tournaments but i'm sure there are people that do that would be happy to lend you.
You play melee or brawl?

Also, the best place to purchase controllers is on the internet i'm afraid, shops rarely sell them. If you're willing to fork out quite a bit for a controller, then play asia sell new white ones, other wise you could look on places like gumtree
Im in london untill december, and I'd like to play smash of some form (prefer melee, but will play brawl). and yeah im not going to rush into a buying a controller just yet... money is alredy tight as it is, ya know

rustediron

Smash Lord
Im in london untill december, and I'd like to play smash of some form (prefer melee, but will play brawl). and yeah im not going to rush into a buying a controller just yet... money is alredy tight as it is, ya know
I could buy you a shiny new white one (I'm in Japan right now) for £15 if you promise to come to the upcoming monthly? :D

Sox

Smash Journeyman
Wow, thats a deal I can't really pass up, can I?
I'd really appreciate that rustediron, I'll be there for sure.

J03

Smash Master
VA: you missed the last 2 tournies so its unfair but we ALL know where youll be on that list 2 tournies from now... discuss

Pro: OOC= You= good, The rest=**** bait

Tamoo

Smash Master
SMASHFEST

Hey guys, on the 11th september, i'm having my crew round my house (minus george) and maybe clockmire and cheez. There's pretty much an open invite to anyone that wants to come. I've got a totally free house so if you want to stay longer, that's more than alright.

I've currently got three tvs so there's plenty of setups, plus one laggy one that we can shaft my 360 to if people want to play some halo or something.

Closest station to me is orpington, quick 5 minute walk from there, i can come and pick you up.

Ppl I'd quite like to see here
jolteon? Never really get to play you so would be cool, plus crabman is driving from surrey so cheap timesaver maybe?
wiggum +co.? I've like never played you or any of your crew for some reason and that must be corrected at some point
prof? don't know how close you are to me but you're obv valuable experience
sox? First exp of UK scene?
Anybody?

Kasper!

Smash Lord
SMASHFEST

Hey guys, on the 11th september, i'm having my crew round my house (minus george) and maybe clockmire and cheez. There's pretty much an open invite to anyone that wants to come. I've got a totally free house so if you want to stay longer, that's more than alright.

I've currently got three tvs so there's plenty of setups, plus one laggy one that we can shaft my 360 to if people want to play some halo or something.

Closest station to me is orpington, quick 5 minute walk from there, i can come and pick you up.

jolteon? Never really get to play you so would be cool, plus crabman is driving from surrey so cheap timesaver maybe?
wiggum +co.? I've like never played you or any of your crew for some reason and that must be corrected at some point
Anybody?
how far u from hackney

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
SMASHFEST

Anybody?

that'd be crazy awesome if I could come :laugh:. So would I be looking to go from waterloo cos I remeber you sayign you live near there? + do you want me to bring a setup?

Tamoo

Smash Master
yeah sure, i'm a 20 min train from waterloo, just walk over to the waterloo east train station from waterloo and get the national rail to orpington, i can pick you up from there, my number's 07964489774 or 01689833831 if my phone is lacking signal.

I'm hoping sean and lj can bring a setup as they're driving over so you should be alrite.

I'm limiting to 10 ppl btw

rustediron

Smash Lord
QFT

Hey man, nice site. I'll try to get Beast to make a logo for the top, his work is pretty good.
Minor update - my crew is called TLC (+ Beast)
Cheers, and will fix now lol
Oh, and could you tell him 960 pixels wide and 100-200 pixels tall :)

yeah sure, i'm a 20 min train from waterloo, just walk over to the waterloo east train station from waterloo and get the national rail to orpington, i can pick you up from there, my number's 07964489774 or 01689833831 if my phone is lacking signal.

I'm hoping sean and lj can bring a setup as they're driving over so you should be alrite.

I'm limiting to 10 ppl btw
I lol'd at near waterloo

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
SMASHFEST

Anybody?
I'd actually love to, you should have told me earlier that you lived so **** close to Waterloo since I'm a 20 min train journey from there too >.>

If there's space for me I think I'll speak to crabman about going together and we can split the petrol costs or something.

Tamoo

Smash Master
there's def space for you alex :)

also, i've only just moved back to orpington, been away from london for a year. We should def smash more often

i'll reserve spaces for the people who've shown interest so far, two more spaces then i guess, unless dave or cheez can't make it

SwizzyUK

Smash Journeyman
Def agree with the above

either that or for every crew member that's not on the list, they get 0 points for that player cos crews with all or most of their crew on the list, like ours and ooc are getting crippled by the fact that 'the vain ones (lol hugo) and tesco only have one or two on the list and are very high up. Stops crews from just having one really good player and the rest outside of the top 16 and still being really high up
Disagree. VA or Prof could probably take out a few of the weaker crews by themselves.
Mr Fuzzy 15 has proved he can on an international scale.

We need more accurate point systems before any changes can be considered, as for now the rankings are irrelevant due to their new-ness, so all changes MIGHT be counter-productive within a very short time period.

Also Hugo, I'm from London, not the Northwest :)

EDIT for clarification: I don't disagree, I just think we need to wait until we've got at least 4 results on there before we start to make any sort of changes, as right now it's so inaccurate that you can't foresee whether changes will make the table MORE or LESS accurate.

K00P

Smash Apprentice
Disagree. VA or Prof could probably take out a few of the weaker crews by themselves.
Mr Fuzzy 15 has proved he can on an international scale.

We need more accurate point systems before any changes can be considered, as for now the rankings are irrelevant due to their new-ness, so all changes MIGHT be counter-productive within a very short time period.

Also Hugo, I'm from London, not the Northwest :)

EDIT for clarification: I don't disagree, I just think we need to wait until we've got at least 4 results on there before we start to make any sort of changes, as right now it's so inaccurate that you can't foresee whether changes will make the table MORE or LESS accurate.
You're the man Swizz.

Sox

Smash Journeyman
SMASHFEST

Anybody?
hey, thanks for the offer, but i think I'm busy this saturday. Maybe I could make the next one. do you live far form kensington?

Wiggum

Smash Journeyman
SMASHFEST

Anybody?
If I can afford it, I'll come.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Sox: no probs man, also i don't know how far i am or how long it'd take but im guessing it's one tube and then one train, could take you 40 mins i guess?

Wiggum: cool keep me updated :)

smakis

Smash Ace
tamooooo, need you to answer like, fast

is it possible for me to come to your place thursday morning? and then stay until sunday?

(also on a random sidenote, stop taking every single troll bait in this thread olololl)

smakis

Smash Ace
hard to mm someone who quit smash olololol

(sure <3, i bet profs life, oh, and one pound)

Top Bottom