• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

K00P

Smash Apprentice
cant imagine me making this, its just bad timing for me. Ill in trust the banter of the North to Koop and Swizzy <3<3
It's in Swizzys hands I'm afraid J03. Would have been well up for this but I'm in Ibiza for 10 days for the closing parties.

Sorry you northern hunk of love, sucks that I have to be on a beach in the sun getting drunk and listening to swedish house mafia live that day. x

AmcD

Smash Ace
It's in Swizzys hands I'm afraid J03. Would have been well up for this but I'm in Ibiza for 10 days for the closing parties.

Sorry you northern hunk of love, sucks that I have to be on a beach in the sun getting drunk and listening to swedish house mafia live that day. x
That place is heaven.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
THIS MONTHLY LOOKS LIKE IT'S GONNA BE ONLY SINGLES AND NOT DOUBLES

The reason behind this is because this event is meant to be a 'Ranking Tournament' meaning that we need to do pools, and we all know that pools equals no doubles so yeah...there won't be any doubles at this tournament from the looks of it.

UNLESS we get pools done super fast with ALL of the singles bracket and we don't do the dumb Charles tactic which annoys me 'Let's sit around and do nothing because it's near the Grand Finals and let's play Grand Finals when the venue is 20 mins from closing'

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
Willz Says:

bad decision. melee pools will take ages as usual. don't give me that 'no seriously this time we will finish it quickly' BS because people have said that for all the london tourneys this year and it took hours to complete.

brawl should stay singles + dubs i hope

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
No-one says it HAS TO be....but people have already been declaring this as one so yeah.

Unless we do the next one as a Ranking Tournament because atleast we would have enough to promote the next one FULLY as a Ranking Tournament as this notice for this being a Ranking Tournament has been kinda short

The information of this being a Ranking Tournament has only been disclosed in posts, not this thread or the title...

L-J

Smash Ace
It's looking like it won't be actually Prof - there are quite a few players for whom this is difficult to make and we haven't given enough definite notice for it to be fair to those people to have points at stake. Also having doubles and singles was confirmed for this a while ago and it's not right to just change it at relatively short notice. Some people may be coming partly because of the doubles for example. I'm not saying this is the definite decision or anything just the way it's looking so people know.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
If its ranked its a bad idea to use all the random CPs this time as that seems to take seriousness away from it as people can get messed over.

Should just wait till the one after this one for it to be ranked.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Yeniths - Yeah I agree, persaonally only want the CPs this event just to get a change of stages for the interesting factor and also to get some lulz and see if there are any major changes in the placing.

Tamoo

Smash Master
lol hugo, and VERY NICE, I like it a lot, if you can get all those things up and running in the navbar that would be really cool. Also, yeniths is SATiRe and i don't think jolteon is really part of any crew for one reason or another.

Also, what are you using to determine the 'class'? Just wondering cos people like gantz and jolteon were around long before us but we're still borderline, is there some kinda date cut off?

Also VA isn't on the list cos he's not attended the last two tournaments so hasn't registered a score

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
Willz Says:

I beat Fuzzyness in seriouslies at SNY, so I am best in UK.

I also beat Tamoo at GT2 in pools, that makes me at least top5 in the UK if you don't believe the above.

J03

Smash Master
Hugo, so you know it was you who single handedly changed my mind from hating the rankings to loving them haha.

also to everyone, with the arrival of rankings you gotta be consistent and punctual to keep yourself, so ask yourself now... are you in or out?

rustediron

Smash Lord
Hugo, so you know it was you who single handedly changed my mind from hating the rankings to loving them haha.
Glad to hear that :laugh:

lol hugo, and VERY NICE, I like it a lot, if you can get all those things up and running in the navbar that would be really cool. Also, yeniths is SATiRe and i don't think jolteon is really part of any crew for one reason or another.

Also, what are you using to determine the 'class'? Just wondering cos people like gantz and jolteon were around long before us but we're still borderline, is there some kinda date cut off?

Also VA isn't on the list cos he's not attended the last two tournaments so hasn't registered a score
This should be in the rankings thread ideally, but I'll answer it here anyway :p

-Regarding Yeniths, I'll change that immdiately.
-Jolteon I've always considered IWR, I'll change that if he requests it personally.
-The class column was just a bit of a laugh from me, I've done it vary arbitrarily as I don't know how long some players (like Jolteon, some members of OOC, PMS, KNDJ, Beast, K00P, some members of The Saints) have been in the community. Information would be welcome, however :D

Tamoo

Smash Master
Def agree with the above

either that or for every crew member that's not on the list, they get 0 points for that player cos crews with all or most of their crew on the list, like ours and ooc are getting crippled by the fact that 'the vain ones (lol hugo) and tesco only have one or two on the list and are very high up. Stops crews from just having one really good player and the rest outside of the top 16 and still being really high up

rustediron

Smash Lord
Doing what L-J suggests would be easier, Tamoo's alternative result in me adding (and maintaining) a "Number of members" column (as opposed to ranked members) to each crew.

The problem would, of course, naturally be rectified if we ranked all entrants to a tournament, rather than just the top 13 :D

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
IWR shouldn't even be on the list due to the EXTREME inactiveness of The Majority of their players.

Kman (Who actually has claimed he has quit smash)
Frostbyte
Chrisboi

Meaning it's only Edwin and Fuzzy.
And Jolteon has NEVERRRR been IWR lol....I don't look at him like them at all.
If anything I would claim him as SATire cos I tihnk he fits in with the random people of that group.

The top crew would either be SDB or OOC and OOC would beat SDB in a crew battle but I have a feeling they would be put above us for some gay reason

Crews like SATire, IDDY and Tesco Crew would undoubtable lose to OOC....it was even debatable if Tesco would win without me so if I am in it's a guaranteed win.

rustediron

Smash Lord
IWR shouldn't even be on the list due to the EXTREME inactiveness of The Majority of their players.

Kman (Who actually has claimed he has quit smash)
Frostbyte
Chrisboi

Meaning it's only Edwin and Fuzzy.
And Jolteon has NEVERRRR been IWR lol....I don't look at him like them at all.
If anything I would claim him as SATire cos I tihnk he fits in with the random people of that group.

The top crew would either be SDB or OOC and OOC would beat SDB in a crew battle but I have a feeling they would be put above us for some gay reason

Crews like SATire, IDDY and Tesco Crew would undoubtable lose to OOC....it was even debatable if Tesco would win without me so if I am in it's a guaranteed win.
Stop making Johns lol, the crew rankings were just a bit of fun and probably don't relfect at all who'd beat who in a crew battle.
Still, if you want to be ranked higher, your crewmates need to do better in tournament, end of story ;D

Besides, what crew in the UK could claim to be able to beat IWR in a 2v2 crew battle?

Top Bottom