• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Heartstring

Smash Legend
im getting you further along though, you first said by creator only and now that. ill get there eventually
i also like the fact that you dont even attempt to use your usual multicoloured trolling acts at me XD

rustediron

Smash Lord
related by creator, company, majority of the roster, game type, game modes, half the professional players...
need i go on?
Well even if we accept that they are similar, it doesn't really further your argument.

Put it this way, say you like dark chocolate, 70% or so, say, and have many reasons for said love. Then some dude comes along and professes to love bananas. Obviously you will ignore him.
However, if some dude comes along, and says he likes white chocolate, like 20% or something, and like 50% sugar, then you're going to have serious problems with that dude for generally being an idiot.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
what do you think my arguement is?

similar i suppose, but if someone else likes white chocolate then i hope they enjoy it, if people didnt like it, it wouldnt be put on shelves

Okay I've literally just gotten onto the boards and theres five pages of THIS. Unacceptable.

This thread will be temporarily locked until appropriate courses of action can be taken.

Okay infractions have been given out, warnings have been issued and I have defied every law on earth.

Anymore on this matter and you WILL recieve infractions. Now, that's talk about how amazing this monthly is going to be.

j3ly

Smash Champion
seems to me like there is a ***** nikkah in our ranks

edit - NOT prof lmao!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Looool Good to know that wasn't referring to me...

I would first like to start this off with apologizing.....apologizing under the circumstances of me being amazing and people not being able to comprehend so, I will try to tone down my amazingness to a tolerable level to those inferior, I hope people understand the sincerity behind this post :(

BUTTTT back to normal lol, this Monthly has been even more hyped due to the UK Ranking system which has been intergrated lol

Who will take over who between J3ly and Tamoo???
How much will Professor Pro catch up Fuzzyness in the run of the points???
How much will the new CP's affect the overall results of the tournaments???
Has SNY made an improvements which are noticable or placement noticable???

Why haven't brawl got a Ranking system lol, they might as well use the exact same one melee is using.

j3ly

Smash Champion
forget tamoo, its gnna be me and TC nd SWIZZAAAAAYY competing. tamoo isnt even relevant now that i have mucho gusto practice in doc

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
forget tamoo, its gnna be me and TC nd SWIZZAAAAAYY competing. tamoo isnt even relevant now that i have mucho gusto practice in doc
loool That's that You're not even on my list of people who threaten me' talk.

I like it lol. :)

What's Tammy Wammy gonna do about it and also where is Jolteon (you said TC lol) gonna place this tournament...and it kinda seems like on the improving scale J3ly and Jolteon are improving at a faster rate then Swizzy....could this reflect in the Monthly placement???

Kone

Smash Master
I still wouldn't discard joe from the list :S. He put Adam out at SNY ;) and I think Tam?. Also, Mikey needs to avoid deathgazer badly!

j3ly

Smash Champion
j03 beat me due to a lack of exp in counter picking chars and stages - trust me it wont happen again ;)

tamoo better pickup another char he can beat me with lol. otherwise hes gnna be jammin at 6th for a long time

Kone

Smash Master
As in you couldn't play sheik? lol. Also, Jam is coming to this as I am picking him up. Old Skool top 3 in doubles AND money on Jam taken top 5 at this ;)

Tamoo

Smash Master
lol i saw j3ly's doc against omega and if he plays anywhere near as predictably against me as he did then, he's genuinely got no chance

and i've never lost to swizzy or tc so...

although swizzy was just an mm.

Ed: Are you still coming to mine the night before? If so, dyou reckon it'll be quite early or late?

j3ly

Smash Champion
whats the point in mixing it up if all jiggly does is bair, and dair beats bair :lick:

i didnt shoot a single pill, believe me im saving my pills for a time when you begin to beat my doc without them.

be ready for an incredibly mobile pill campy doc in about 2 sets. u gots no chance

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
that argument was quite literally ********, both sides sounded like morons and ignoramuses.

tl;dr i think both communities are good to be around with and arguing over ******** **** is dumb.

loool That's that You're not even on my list of people who threaten me' talk.

I like it lol. :)

What's Tammy Wammy gonna do about it and also where is Jolteon (you said TC lol) gonna place this tournament...and it kinda seems like on the improving scale J3ly and Jolteon are improving at a faster rate then Swizzy....could this reflect in the Monthly placement???
somtimes I feel like one of the few outside the top 4 who actually wants to place first -,-

Hey alex, wanna mm at brawl? I wanna play your devilish shiek ;)
ok i'll mm you lol, dont feel like playing sheik since i hardly even have any experience as mk let alone sheik.

lol i saw j3ly's doc against omega and if he plays anywhere near as predictably against me as he did then, he's genuinely got no chance

Ed: Are you still coming to mine the night before? If so, dyou reckon it'll be quite early or late?
that's because we've literally never played in tournament (except for a pool set ages ago when i wasn't even good and which we realised later wasn't valid), and most importantly you never ever play jiggs in friendlies. i actually can't remember any of your secondaries ever beating my sheik but i know that currently the chance of that happening is 0%, i want to play your jiggs more though.

j3ly

Smash Champion
tc is a much better player, but i dont think anybody will ever cheer for him ever.

L-J

Smash Ace
I'm looking to beat J3ly, Swizzy, Joleton and, if I have to though I'd rather we didn't have to play in tournament, Tam as well. This and top 4 is my mission statement and I see is as not only possible but probable :) Bring it on y'all!

j3ly

Smash Champion
all 4 of us will rip of ur head and then pass it around spunking inside it

Jolteon

tc is a much better player, but i dont think anybody will ever cheer for him ever.
haha i'm actually prepared to have a crowd that only contains tumbleweed, i can understand why.

I'm looking to beat J3ly, Swizzy, Joleton and, if I have to though I'd rather we didn't have to play in tournament, Tam as well. This and top 4 is my mission statement and I see is as not only possible but probable :) Bring it on y'all!
bring it on :D

Kone

Smash Master
Kone, MM please. Last time we played you 4stocked me, I want revenge >:0
Really? ouch :o

Urgh, late (potentially late late). Ive got work till 4ish then I have to go back to Stourbridge. Potentially pick up people from there (george,joe whoever) and pick jam up from reading. SO yeah, late :)

I would do when he places very well. Alex has been in the community along while and deserves it when he makes it :)

I am the same and would like mms against all if we dont play in the tournament. Id also add jo3 and jam within that group.

Tamoo

Smash Master
I think Joe is on his own little level just between us mediocre lot ond the top 4

Alex: fair dos I just really hate the shiek my lol!

Jely: you have absolutely no evidence backing you up on that whatsoever, and this isn't an attack on you Alex but more on jelys bias. I've got to be honest, I've yet to understand what all this jolteon hype is about. I can't see any quatifyable evidence to suggest he's better than the likes of George or lj
guess I'm def gonna have to play you on the 18th, give you a chance to prove my doubts.

Also I'd reaaaaally like a mm with my seconds because they're keeping up woith the likes of George so I'd like to properly test them on you :)

Jolteon

I think Joe is on his own little level just between us mediocre lot ond the top 4

Alex: fair dos I just really hate the shiek my lol!

Jely: you have absolutely no evidence backing you up on that whatsoever, and this isn't an attack on you Alex but more on jelys bias. I've got to be honest, I've yet to understand what all this jolteon hype is about. I can't see any quatifyable evidence to suggest he's better than the likes of George or lj
guess I'm def gonna have to play you on the 18th, give you a chance to prove my doubts.

Also I'd reaaaaally like a mm with my seconds because they're keeping up woith the likes of George so I'd like to properly test them on you :)
lol fair enough, i don't know if i dislike it yet since my only experience is a few games with charles really -,-

also if you want a vague idea i literally beat george all the time (though he did beat me in one set) and almost took a set off of charles at gt3, there's no way i would consider george better than i am.

sure i'll mm your secondaries for any amount you'd like, i'm that confident

p.s. thank you ed <3 xD that actually meant a lot to me.

j3ly

Smash Champion
he is much better than george and lj

edit tamoo we should have a bunchhh of MM's for like 50p each. total of £3-£4? keep mario doc and jiggs outta it. hehe ill finish you with pichu even.

maybe its just me but like.. yeniths isnt that good. i was WD utilt sandbagging the crap outta him with mario, perhaps its the matchup. i should play him with my other chars for a better quota for his skill.

i'm thinking of going ganon/fox at this monthly. fox is too fun but so is ganon.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
haha i'm actually prepared to have a crowd that only contains tumbleweed, i can understand why
Il cheer for Alex hes my favourite Melee smasher, after George DW GEORGE I DIDNT FORGET YOU.

Also im happy to MM people at Melee for like a quid.

Jolteon

Il cheer for Alex hes my favourite Melee smasher, after George DW GEORGE I DIDNT FORGET YOU.

Also im happy to MM people at Melee for like a quid.
<3

Alex: what was your bracket at any like?
sny you mean? i didn't make it to bracket, my pool had both neutroni and vincent who both placed top 10 and coey, no johns etc but i have absolutely no idea wtf was up with the seeding for my pool.

Im fine with you goin meta alex, just a bit of fun afterall =]
ok

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Rake is driving to this but i think hes gonna have a full car, as he wants Myself and Calz to come over, and also hes taking DoplGhost as well, TVS??

Jolteon

tell will that i love him and will make sure to **** him twice as hard out of that love

j3ly

Smash Champion
r.i.p will

Jely: you have absolutely no evidence backing you up on that whatsoever
bein the competitive person i am i always reset the killcount before playing friendlies and i always try to get many. thats all the evidence i need.

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
Willz Says:

gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

prepare for maximum destruction

Kone

Smash Master
<3

sny you mean? i didn't make it to bracket, my pool had both neutroni and vincent who both placed top 10 and coey, no johns etc but i have absolutely no idea wtf was up with the seeding for my pool.

ok
Did you lose to will then?

Rake is driving to this but i think hes gonna have a full car, as he wants Myself and Calz to come over, and also hes taking DoplGhost as well, TVS??
We need tvs taken to the tournament from Birmingham. This is potentially tournament breaking. As in, there could be less than ten tvs otherwise :S. If rake could taken any it would be very appreciated (you can get three small tvs comfortably in a boot).

The_Rake

Smash Lord
Rake are you driving to this?
yea i got andy, cal and dopl with me, cant house anymore though, parents say only 3.

where would the tvs be coming from in birmingham? boot'll be fullish, wiis n bags n stuff. I could maybe take 2, i dont wanna have a load of stuff in my car, thinking of comfort for the guys

Top Bottom