• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Heartstring

Smash Legend
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NEVERRRR EVERRRRR loool
haha not seeing the reality of it

they are, jsut wth changed physics. we else would they be commonly hosted at the same time? if you (quite obviously) prefer one game over the other, then thats all good, as i prefer brawl over melee by a long shot.
we have our own opinion's and we will always think that our own opinion is the correct one.
but if its obviously going to clash with someone else's thoughts then surely its better to keep it in your head? this works for everything in life

and lets be honest, brawl and melee isnt entirely different, youve got faster fall speed's and various tech's (which in reality are just glitches in the programming) and longer hitstun. it really isnt much different

Heartstring

Smash Legend
if you hosted melee alone, you could have more setups, therefore it would end a lot faster and therefore money would be saved

The_Rake

Smash Lord
It's not disrespectful cos it's A GAMEEEE it's not a life time commitment or anything which should be taken as seriously to feel personally hurt or allow anger and rage to grow inside of anyone if anyone says the game is ****, esp when they provide evidence of it being a disgrace since it undoubtably is lol. :bee:

If people get hurt by people insulting a game they play that says more about the person then the insulter

If people were insulting melee I would not feel like they are disrespecting me because it is a game, I would just show them why it is amazing even though that would take days :)

But yeah, Insulting Family =/= Insulting A Game
you cant say just how attatched someone can be to a game, you think m2k wouldnt care if anyone bashed the game? Bull****

Can we get a mod in here to dole out infractions already so we can stfu?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
you cant say just how attatched someone can be to a game, you think m2k wouldnt care if anyone bashed the game? Bull****

Can we get a mod in here to dole out infractions already so we can stfu?
LOOOOL Is Mew2king a good template for how a person should react in a situation of a game being insulted and how serious you should take things???

I DON'T THINK SO!!!

haha not seeing the reality of it

they are, jsut wth changed physics. we else would they be commonly hosted at the same time? if you (quite obviously) prefer one game over the other, then thats all good, as i prefer brawl over melee by a long shot.
we have our own opinion's and we will always think that our own opinion is the correct one.
but if its obviously going to clash with someone else's thoughts then surely its better to keep it in your head? this works for everything in life

and lets be honest, brawl and melee isnt entirely different, youve got faster fall speed's and various tech's (which in reality are just glitches in the programming) and longer hitstun. it really isnt much different
....BUT THEN I WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO TRASHTALK AND WATCH BRAWLERS GET MAD AND STUFF OVER NOTHING :(
I think a few pages back someone said don't feed the troll, seems like i'm nice and full now lol :D and you lot always fall for it every single time.

Retroking2000

Smash Master
alot of players have been playing brawl since its release . so you can understand that everyone would be around the same level. unless people go deeper into the game

many of the european melee players have way more experience than the Uk melee at playing the game sny was the 1st ever EU experience for some of us

but its true uk brawlers are doing better than melee

rustediron

Smash Lord
if you hosted melee alone, you could have more setups, therefore it would end a lot faster and therefore money would be saved
Yeah, but we'd have a massive venue fee to pay.

LOOOOL Is Mew2king a good template for how a person should react in a situation of a game being insulted???

I DON'T THINK SO!!!
M2K is awesome. He speaks semi-colons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQTwQtr3i0E
(at the end, "I need tech skill; I have none.")

The_Rake

Smash Lord
Its an example douche bag, an extreme one yes, but hell, cal has played some of the best in the world, and has beat some, and lost to some. when you get to that level you can act however the hell you like. until then stfu

Tamoo

Smash Master
GP-Glitches? What glitches are there in melee are there that are allowed?

willz-ATM, the metagame for brawl is still rather shallow and hasn't had the time to develop, thus being easier to keep up with. The european melee community is 8-10 years old, to have a community roughly 2 years old being able to keep up up to a certain level with the european scene is a hell of a lot more impressive

Heartstring

Smash Legend
....BUT THEN I WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO TRASHTALK AND WATCH BRAWLERS GET MAD AND STUFF OVER NOTHING
I think a few pages back someone said don't feed the troll, seems like i'm nice and full now lol :D and you lot always fall for it every single time.
exactly, trashtalking in context is ok, like if its in a joking manner. but is there really any need to constant annoy people who will be annoyed? i mean youve yet to get me ragey and it shall stay that way, i have a psycologist around too much to not think abotu this rather than blind rage.
plus, i said dont feed the troll, no-one listened

@tamoo: try l-canceling, shine cancelling, etc.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Its an example douche bag, an extreme one yes, but hell, cal has played some of the best in the world, and has beat some, and lost to some. when you get to that level you can act however the hell you like. until then stfu
Sorry douchey brawler but I think you fail to realize that everything you said after 'hell' meant absolute nothing because he achieved that while playing brawl.

When will you realize that beaten anyone in brawl is not an achievement...but is actually a downgrade....and try better with your example next time instead of using Mew2king as an example of how people should act loool...

exactly, trashtalking in context is ok, like if its in a joking manner. but is there really any need to constant annoy people who will be annoyed? i mean youve yet to get me ragey and it shall stay that way, i have a psycologist around too much to not think abotu this rather than blind rage.
plus, i said dont feed the troll, no-one listened

This is trashtalking mixed with trolling in a Prof Manner loool. Been doing it before your game was even release to people like VA and the same style has been applied in this situation and all of my other trolling situations and work perfectly.....annoying people is the funny part because they rage about a game and how it is crap (which in reality it is making it funnier that people are defending it lol)

You're responding and trying to debate with me, how is that not feeding me with nice chicken??? :)

Also L-Cancelling is not a glitch, it was in 64 but it was called Z-cancelling back then.
And shine cancelling isn't a gltich of the game either, it's simple physics of the game.
It just was never meant to be exploited as it was, same with Brawl tactics except in less depth cos melee has more depth lol :)

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
Willz Says:

w0w u meeleee guys r rly mean imma hav 2 sort u guize out by beatin u at ur own gaem!

maximum trollin is apparent right now

rustediron

Smash Lord
l-cancelling and jump cancelling shines clearly must have been programmed in, I mean, l-cancelling's been around since 64 :S
Wavedashing you might consider a glitch, but they found it at an early stage in testing but thought "lol, this is actually fairly jokes" and left it in.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Your just ignorant if you think they are glitches, many of these things are in Smash 64 to, learn your facts before bashing out points.

Stop this now guys it's really not needed, people will be infracted etc if they continue.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i know it was in 64 aswell. i was just trying to use a term to group various stuff together, christ now its melee-ers turns to get stress at nothing.
the definition of a glitch is a bug in the programming that causes something to happen that wasnt intended to happen. so wavedashing fits that

@tamoo: from a melee player i'm gonig to assume thats a compliment, regardless i dont know anything abotu melee so im jsut using a general term, i dont think that stuff was intended when the game was made so i would guess it can be seen as a glitch, although i'm going to safely assume that the melee comunity classes glitches as something that makes a characer freeze

Tamoo

Smash Master
wavedashing was semi intended, the programmers wanted it so that you couldn't air dodge through platforms so they made airdodging interruptable by the ground. IT IS NOT A GLITCH, ITS AN EXPLOIT OF GAME MECHANICS, AS ARE MOST OF THE TECH STUFF YOU CAN DO IN MELEE

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
Willz Says:

melee is just loads of glitches that ppl had haked into the game before it was released. originally it was supposed to be a really floaty game but fast paced like super monkey ball but then the hackers got into the game n messed it up! wavedashing is broken and shud be banned!

*angry post* :mad:

Calzorz

Smash Lord
GP-Glitches? What glitches are there in melee are there that are allowed?

willz-ATM, the metagame for brawl is still rather shallow and hasn't had the time to develop, thus being easier to keep up with. The european melee community is 8-10 years old, to have a community roughly 2 years old being able to keep up up to a certain level with the european scene is a hell of a lot more impressive
dont give ur melee scene excuses to suck , there is already a big gap between top players in brawl and others

oh also rustediron

i see u threw it out there u was a back roomer u must be impressed with ur brawl skill £100 mm? bo5 il bring the cash with me (not like i will need to hand it over anyway) il go higher

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Your just ignorant if you think they are glitches, many of these things are in Smash 64 to, learn your facts before bashing out points.

Stop this now guys it's really not needed, people will be infracted etc if they continue.
Thanks Yeniths baby, your such a sexy mod and always doing the right thing, I really love you baby lol :)

How's the DJ Max thingy going....you getting any further cos I REALLY want o battle you one day when you get really good at the game like on 8 button mode and stuff but I wouldn't suggest doing it now otherwise you will have the records of loss on your screen which stay there forever lol

Ans also I would like to add that wavedashing isn't a glitch and the only NOTICABLE A.T. which is actually a glitch is samus Super Wavedash thingy, other then that everythingelse is just physics of the game being exploited, not gltiches :)

Also Yeniths this is the next song which I am trying to do, i've got close soooo much times but it's soooo flipping hard you dont even realize lol, this guy is really sick at the song though http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRdqtpB3nmE

I got to 1:18 before and that's the furthest but LITERALLY the co-ordination you need to do this song is actually ridiculous

rustediron

Smash Lord
Willz Says:

melee is just loads of glitches that ppl had haked into the game before it was released. originally it was supposed to be a really floaty game but fast paced like super monkey ball but then the hackers got into the game n messed it up! wavedashing is broken and shud be banned!

*angry post* :mad:
Project B: How melee would have been.

rustediron

Smash Lord
dont give ur melee scene excuses to suck , there is already a big gap between top players in brawl and others

oh also rustediron

i see u threw it out there u was a back roomer u must be impressed with ur brawl skill £100 mm? bo5 il bring the cash with me (not like i will need to hand it over anyway) il go higher
Don't need to be good to know stuff about the game, though I'll take the MM if you reduce the stake somewhat :laugh:

Also, annoncing to an online forum you're bringing £100 in cash. epic lulz.

SwizzyUK

Smash Journeyman
I would do it and it's VERYYY tempting lol but there's two reason I wouldn't and i'm not gonna......Jiggz.......It wouldn't be free money like when me and Charles team lol :)
Who won last time out of you and Fuzz vs. Me and VA? :confused:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
exploit of game mechanics then, ill call it that in future.
but brawl has its own 'exploits' too DACUS, DACIT, glide tossing (was in melee too i think), etc. so once again the gams are more the same than most people think

Calzorz

Smash Lord
Don't need to be good to know stuff about the game, though I'll take the MM if you reduce the stake somewhat :laugh:

Also, annoncing to an online forum you're bringing £100 in cash. epic lulz.
whats the highest u would go? dont say something like £1 typical melee scrubs in u.k do that

i can already tel u dont know anything about the game

rustediron

Smash Lord
i can already tel u dont know anything about the game
...only now? Surely not, I was under the impression that the comprehensibility of your posts (or lack thereof) was to disguise your intelligence, but is this not actually the case?

I'd not be willing to spend more than a £1 on brawl lol, and barely even that xD

L-J

Smash Ace
I just wasted 5 minutes reading these last pages of flame war and have only one thing to take from it: Calzorz is the biggest douche in the universe...of the London Monthlies thread.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
now he was triggered, he's already had a shoddy week so id give him a smidgeon slack for this
its not like he started the flaming anyway

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Who won last time out of you and Fuzz vs. Me and VA? :confused:
1. I meant free money as in I will be undoubtably winning money entering doubles, basically top 3 lol
2. Shhhhh
3. That def won't happen again, I would bet my life, but obviously that would be dramatic so I will just bet my pride lol :)

exploit of game mechanics then, ill call it that in future.
but brawl has its own 'exploits' too DACUS, DACIT, glide tossing (was in melee too i think), etc. so once again the gams are more the same than most people think
A lot of games have advanced tactics, but melee and brawl are not and never will be a like, only related by creator...

I just wasted 5 minutes reading these last pages of flame war and have only one thing to take from it: Calzorz is the biggest douche in the universe...of the London Monthlies thread.
loool I agree with that last bit....wow what a big douche and for no reason as well :confused:
Glad i'm not that way :) But to carry on the chain

I agree....

Calzorz

Smash Lord
lol and prof is the bigest douche from the brawl side of view glad u hate me scrub

£1 pound lol dont even bother

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
Willz Says:

haters gonna hate

brawl scene is cool and so is the melee scene

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Heartstring

Smash Legend
related by creator, company, majority of the roster, game type, game modes, half the professional players...
need i go on?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
lol and prof is the bigest douche from the brawl side of view glad u hate me scrub

£1 pound lol dont even bother
This equation works in my favour though...
As brawl sucks and so do the players meaning whatever they hate is amazing making me amazing :)

Now everyone listen to Yeniths and stop spamming and everyone ignore Calzors as he is a douche and will never stop being that :urg:

Golden-Psyco - You're not going to convince me that melee and brawl are more similar then people give it credit for on an advanced level anyway. They are alike in the concept of getting percent up and killing your enemy....it ends there.

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
Willz Says:

who is Calzors???? :confused:

i love the moderators on these boards, they do a brilliant job! i hope these mean, nasty people get what they deserve... through infractions! :chuckle:

Top Bottom