• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Kone

Smash Master
SHS1 is over a year old... I hope your ranking system is not gonna be used for actual seedings Kone.
Although I love the idea of having a permanent ranking system in place. It would make people way more interested in their position in the UK, as currently people think only the top 3 matter.
Yeah the point of the ranking system would be exactly what you said SWIZZY (lol ;)). Outside the top three I think there are alot of players that are very equal in terms of ability and a ranking system would allow us to determine who is where atm in the UK. Would also be good for player motivation. I also think rankings are always good for discussion ;).

Long term the rankings would be used to aid seedings at tournaments. At the moment they are largely based of charles' (biased) opinion lol.

Im going to use the last three monthlies and gt3 results to show an example of what and how the ranking system would work. If people are happy with it we could implement it from the next monthly onwards.

I wanted shs1 results as im making a new UK melee thread and wanted to put alot of history into it :)

I really don't understand the point of this. It's just exactly the same techs as melee and falco doing the exact same shine combos. What's the point? Theres nothing new. Why not just play melee instead of making a different game more similar to it.

Tamoo- fountain is definitely not more neutral than stadium
Some of us have been playing melee for some time now. The idea of adding new stages, more characters, sorting melee characters out and better graphics is very appealing. Why wouldn't you want a new melee ;)

Heartstring

Smash Legend
dunno, i think snake's not so much of a giant force he was earlier, diddy kong and falco are much more prominent these days
still lives till foreverness though

L-J

Smash Ace
Yeah the point of the ranking system would be exactly what you said SWIZZY (lol ;)). Outside the top three I think there are alot of players that are very equal in terms of ability and a ranking system would allow us to determine who is where atm in the UK. Would also be good for player motivation. I also think rankings are always good for discussion ;).

Long term the rankings would be used to aid seedings at tournaments. At the moment they are largely based of charles' (biased) opinion lol.

Im going to use the last three monthlies and gt3 results to show an example of what and how the ranking system would work. If people are happy with it we could implement it from the next monthly onwards.
Good stuff Ed! The UK's been needing a proper ranking system for a while now. Imo you may as well include SNY1's results too if you're using GT3 and the last 3 London Monthlies.

Calzorz

Smash Lord
dunno, i think snake's not so much of a giant force he was earlier, diddy kong and falco are much more prominent these days
still lives till foreverness though
suddenly you all agree with what i said like 8months ago

Tourny results have already proven this in america

also mk +snake is probs not the best doubles team , lots of combinations work well 95% of them involving metaknight

Kone

Smash Master
Good stuff Ed! The UK's been needing a proper ranking system for a while now. Imo you may as well include SNY1's results too if you're using GT3 and the last 3 London Monthlies.
I have posted a thread with the Ranking system and how it works. I have *yet* to post an example of what our current rankings would look like based of the last 4 monthlies + GT3. This is because I am still calculating it ;). I will post the results on the rankings thread once I am done (only to be used as an example and discussion point).

Heartstring

Smash Legend
suddenly you all agree with what i said like 8months ago

Tourny results have already proven this in america

also mk +snake is probs not the best doubles team , lots of combinations work well 95% of them involving metaknight
i see it now more than i did before, plus i watch moar games to see that snakes metagame really isnt moving on

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
JUST GOT BACK FROM WIGGUM'S HOUSE AND ANOTHER ADDED ON THE LIST OF LVL 9 GANON DEFEAT!!!!

Jolteon + Wiggum played me an got 3-0'd and the first match was a six stock lol.
Making the new list

Level 9 Deafeated
Wiggum + Jude
Alpha Dash + The Lust
Jolteon + Wiggum

Just to make this clear we are only doing the normal stages as Jolteon and Wiggum tried to be gay and take me to fuking Rainbow Ride and they still lost lol, but yeah only normal stages.

can I play you with my level 9 ganondorf?
loool Definitely, that's the only thing I will do with top people.

mk + snake are still going to own that game lol.

but it has potiental to be far better than melee ever was
Your opinion of melee must be pretty low to make a statement like this....Leave smashboards and the melee community.
The only way it could ever be like is if they were to make the physics the EXACT same as melee which I doubt they can do, but it will undoubtably be an amazing game and better then brawl, but to say it has the potential to be FAR better then melee.....

aaron i want to play you with a lvl 9 ganon too :)
What's the point.....you already lost today with a human lol, it would just be utter destruction without one lol :)

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
JUST GOT BACK FROM WIGGUM'S HOUSE AND ANOTHER ADDED ON THE LIST OF LVL 9 GANON DEFEAT!!!!

Jolteon + Wiggum played me an got 3-0'd and the first match was a six stock lol.
Making the new list

Level 9 Deafeated
Wiggum + Jude
Alpha Dash + The Lust
Jolteon + Wiggum

Just to make this clear we are only doing the normal stages as Jolteon and Wiggum tried to be gay and take me to fuking Rainbow Ride and they still lost lol, but yeah only normal stages.

loool Definitely, that's the only thing I will do with top people.

Your opinion of melee must be pretty low to make a statement like this....Leave smashboards and the melee community.
The only way it could ever be like is if they were to make the physics the EXACT same as melee which I doubt they can do, but it will undoubtably be an amazing game and better then brawl, but to say it has the potential to be FAR better then melee.....

What's the point.....you already lost today with a human lol, it would just be utter destruction without one lol :)
Said human also was responsible for probably 80% of my damage -,-

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Said human also was responsible for probably 80% of my damage -,-
looool It was pretty funny when I was edgeguarding you and he was LITERALLY standing in the spot shooting lasers at ganon and locking him and you were like 'HELP' and he carried on shooting and not even replying lol...and the fact it happened more then once lol.

Pretty terrible team work but definitely funny. Thanks for increasing my list :bee:

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
looool It was pretty funny when I was edgeguarding you and he was LITERALLY standing in the spot shooting lasers at ganon and locking him and you were like 'HELP' and he carried on shooting and not even replying lol...and the fact it happened more then once lol.

Pretty terrible team work but definitely funny. Thanks for increasing my list :bee:
I think it was a set-up, he must have done that on purpose and I was coerced into playing. :mad:

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
haha still ally but im catching up :laugh:
lol You could never be as good as Ally, I don't even play **** brawl but I know that :)

I think it was a set-up, he must have done that on purpose and I was coerced into playing. :mad:
loool No johns, even if he came he would have got demolished and would have made no difference as I was in the lead....but yeah the team work was bad on his behalf :laugh:

Willz Says:

prof getting carried as always
loool Funny enough I actually on average have the least stocks at the end of the match and in some cases I have had to take Ganon's stock....Ganon's too good :(
Gonna be ****** loads of people at this monthly with him :)

Calzorz

Smash Lord
lol You could never be as good as Ally, I don't even play **** brawl but I know that :)
LOL u really dont know **** do you look for european results i dont drown in pools like you if i travel PROFFAIL

ur name will only ever be remberd inside of the u.k and even then its pushing it

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
LOL u really dont know **** do you look for european results i dont drown in pools like you if i travel PROFFAIL

ur name will only ever be remberd inside of the u.k and even then its pushing it
Do you look for European Results......neither did I loool. REPLY FAIL!!!
Such a fail comment from a fail brawler......sucking as much as your game.

Can you do me a favour and find me an interesting brawl match on youtube please???

Calzorz

Smash Lord
17th out of what 50? nice nice man heard u lost to a random too

"project M looks so good " im not the one wanting melee to become brawl hardly european if its in u.k a few swedes came thats it and u stil sucked

Wiggum

Smash Journeyman

Making the new list

Level 9 Deafeated
Wiggum + Jude
Alpha Dash + The Lust
Jolteon + Wiggum
FYI, me and Jude didn't actually do a set with your level 9 Ganon, AND you had to switch characters multiple times in order to facilitate your strategies, not only this but had to take us to DREAMLAND after choosing PEACH. In short, we'll **** you in a proper set WITH GAY STAGES!!! NO JOHNS!!!

P.s: Good games today. Your reaction to my shine out of shield was priceless and my **** comeback in doubles which you'll NEVER LIVE DOWN!!! lol. If Alex hasn't already told you, the tickets to Brighton have been booked, so we should get some games in between now and then. :chuckle:

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
17th out of what 50? nice nice man heard u lost to a random too

"project M looks so good " im not the one wanting melee to become brawl hardly european if its in u.k a few swedes came thats it and u stil sucked
I expected you to be nasty in this post but thanks for the compliments :bee:

Project M looks so good = I want melee to become brawl...:confused:
Wow you really are a brawler with that kind of logic loool....go play brawl (that's actually an insult within the melee community)

And I am obviously amazing, cool and all that good shiz, you play brawl which minuses every type of status you think of trying to require....how is this difficult to decipher:confused:, don't you understand no matter what you do I will do better cos YOU PLAY BRAWL!!!!

Can you do me a favour and find me an interesting brawl match on youtube please OR WILL YOU TRY TO AVOID THE QUESTION???

Wiggum

Smash Journeyman
wiggum: where bouts in south london you at? never played you or anyone in your crew and i'd quite like to sometime :)
Streatham, how close are you to that? I'm pretty much always free since I'm on a gap year now, which basically means I have more free time than necessary. We should try and get some games in before the new term starts, since Jude is actually a year younger than me so his summer holidays will soon be coming to a close. Also, if you want to play Phi, he's going to uni on the 18th, so it'll all have to be quite soon. I on the other hand can play you anytime. :chuckle:

Calzorz

Smash Lord
I expected you to be nasty in this post but thanks for the compliments :bee:

Project M looks so good = I want melee to become brawl...:confused:

Can you do me a favour and find me an interesting brawl match on youtube please OR WILL YOU TRY TO AVOID THE QUESTION???
in other words u want brawl to become melee = project m so i reversed it since im from the brawl side now go play melee (thats not an insult from the brawl side just a copy of dumbas scrubs in uk melee side but reversed )

i could link you plenty of good brawl vids but i wont waste my time as u clearly dont like brawl and would say no anyway

link me to a few good melee ones tho? plz no melee vids of you then i know it wont be good and will avoid clicking it

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
FYI, me and Jude didn't actually do a set with your level 9 Ganon, AND you had to switch characters multiple times in order to facilitate your strategies, not only this but had to take us to DREAMLAND after choosing PEACH. In short, we'll **** you in a proper set WITH GAY STAGES!!! NO JOHNS!!!

P.s: Good games today. Your reaction to my shine out of shield was priceless and my **** comeback in doubles which you'll NEVER LIVE DOWN!!! lol. If Alex hasn't already told you, the tickets to Brighton have been booked, so we should get some games in between now and then. :chuckle:
THIS IS ABSOLUTE BULLCRAP loool

I REMEMBER EXACTLY I was beating you lot with Ganon and you lot couldn't beat me and took like 1 or 2 games lol
AND I DID NOT COUNTERPICK CHARACTER you lot starting Johning and saying you bet I could not do it with another character and saying Ganon is gay...

So I put the character as Peach and Marth and then you lot beat me, stood up and did your little gay chest bump thingy saying that you lot were men and I remember saying...
'There's nothing manly about that, you lot made me change my level 9 computer cos you couldn't win and then beat me and then got happy about it like it's an acheievement'

And you lot were just saying 'Johns Johns Johns blah blah blah lol'

And the reason why you are on the list is because I was extremely dominanting during the matches we had to the point you lot asked me to change character, making the outcome even more obvious if we were to have a set

Why are you sooo happy about that double shine lolol.....all you did was double shine me and then **** your friend, it was good but nothing that will scar me or worth bringing up lol i've done ten times worst to you...and yeah I was finally happy to see you shine me out of shield lol...
The day was really good though, wanted it to be longer lol :(

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
Willz Says:

prof what is your opinion of me cuz i play (and are amazing at) both games lol

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
in other words u want brawl to become melee = project m so i reversed it since im from the brawl side now go play melee (thats not an insult from the brawl side just a copy of dumbas scrubs in uk melee side but reversed )

i could link you plenty of good brawl vids but i wont waste my time as u clearly dont like brawl and would say no anyway

link me to a few good melee ones tho? plz no melee vids of you then i know it wont be good and will avoid clicking it
LOOOOOOOOL
Sorry just first had to laugh at that unachieveable statement.

And to reply to your first part of the post....You play brawl.

Nice tactic on avoiding to show any vids cos you know they don't exist....if it's interesting I will actually say that was pretty interesting but there hasn't been one yet, so thanks for clarify there aren't any

Also I don't even think it's neccessary to show you interesting melee videos as you have said on that little brawl UK chat thing before that you find some melee videos interesting and plus MELEE DOESN'T NEED ANYTHING TO PROVE ANYTHING....BRAWL NEEDS IT COS IT'S CRAP!!!

So are you saying you are unable to supply any interesting brawl matches???

Top Bottom