• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Tamoo

Smash Master
And there's no way we will ever all agree which is more neutral out of Stadium and FoD - Tamoo is spot on with his observation that they're both distinctly unneutral, but we need one to make stagestriking work. Personally I think it should be Stadium, but it'll be up to Alex and Fuzz to decide.
Actually, as alex said, I don't think either are unneutral, they both lack anything to cement their position in counterpick rather than neutral, but also are gimmicky enough so that neither is a clear cut neutral like the other four.

So it's basically more of a stand off as to which has more neutral characteristics and less counterpick characteristics and imo, it's FoD. It's just a generally annoying stage which isn't really enough to deem it worse than pokemon stadium.

As i think KK once said, it's enough to say that a ****ing huge rock just grows out of the floor halfway through a match to put this debate to rest.

Also i'm happy battlefield has finally cemented itself as a strong neutral stage, i was always soooo confused when i came to these tournaments when i first joined the scene that ps was neutral and bf was conterpick.

At the end of the day, it's really charles's and alex's decision, even if charles decides to make fod cp because it's crap for falcon (im not saying he is), we can't really argue it, we just gotta deal with it

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I really don't understand the point of this. It's just exactly the same techs as melee and falco doing the exact same shine combos. What's the point? Theres nothing new. Why not just play melee instead of making a different game more similar to it.
....Are you stupid...do you not see the bigger picture besides the one match of two characters which I posted...go and be scrub in the distance far from normal people please.

Well, I'd like to try a custom animation but with the same hitbox location, timing, and KB. If that doesn't look good then just use the old flutter kick animation.

@Bullet Bill: Only the Top and High Tiers will play so identically, Mid-Low-Bottom Tiers and Brawl Newcomers will all have Melee Physics and the majority of their Melee moves, but have key buffs and/or additional new strategies. We're getting good feedback on these changes so far from top players. Then, everyone's new-found viability will strongly change the matchups from Melee. Melee Jiggz may play the same, but now she might have to worry about her matchup against Pikachu (Strong vertical kills, more difficult to edgeguard)... things like that.

And while many of the Melee pros will continue to play their Melee mains, many are already branching out and picking up new secondaries (which may end up as mains, who knows).
Are you lot going to implement little things like 'Shai Dropping' which is in melee in this game if it's possible, and what about moonwalking with other characters like you are able to do in melee, and also edge cancelling?

UK

Are we all agreeing on so far that we want the CPs for this ONE monthly (the one emphasised cos we can always change it) since I haven't seen tooo much people complaining about it an instead moaning about PS and FoD crap....

Mute City
Brinstar
Kongo Jungle 64
Corneria
Rainbow Ride
Poke Floats
?????

I kinda also think that it will be kinda funny to see if there are any drastic changes in the overall placement of the community with these stages lol...(Jolteon camping on REAL campable stages loool)
Also I DISAGREE on using 1 ban for Neutral and 1 ban for CPs.....if people ban 4 neturals then they obviously weren't threaten by the CP's so thats really their choice lol...and some people want to limit their opponent with the Cp's and that's what the ban is for. I believe you should ban what you want.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I HAVE A FRIENDLY PROPROSITION FOR ANYONE WHO ISN'T TOP 4 IN THE UK

So far I have beaten
Wiggum + Jude
Alpha Dash + The Lust

In a doubles match with my famous LEVEL 9 GANON loool. And it was actually quite **** in both cases lol.....
I want to challenge more people to see how much people I can take out, either for free for an amazing amount of £1 lol.

Current Takers
Jolteon + ....

NO JIGGZ ALLOWED!!!!
NO GANON ALLOWED, MADE FOR SWIZZY!!!!

SwizzyUK

Smash Journeyman
Me and Jo3 will rock you and Ganon's world.

Ganon is too manly for most people, but my Ganon is this much more manly than level 9 Ganon, so it becomes much more fair.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Yeah sure i'll...

what? no fair :(
i'd still like to take this challenge though, lj u up for it? I'm thinking my marth and your fox :)
I occupy prof whilst you quick gimp the ganon four times ;)
looool That's a silly strat....everyone think that that tactic really works when in reality it just doesn't and is way more complicated then that lol.

And you couldn't occupy me anyway....ESPPPP with your marth cos for that to be happening you would have to contain me, and you can't contain me, I would literally be wrecking you and then saving my partner or killing L-J if i'm in the mood and choose to.

It's actually a lot harder then it originally seems, as the two victims who got annihliated thought it was stupid, and I actually dominated them even in one match me having one stock and ganon nicely tanking with 3 stock loool.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Mute City
Brinstar
Kongo Jungle 64
Corneria
Rainbow Ride
Poke Floats
?????

I kinda also think that it will be kinda funny to see if there are any drastic changes in the overall placement of the community with these stages lol...(Jolteon camping on REAL campable stages loool)
Also I DISAGREE on using 1 ban for Neutral and 1 ban for CPs.....if people ban 4 neturals then they obviously weren't threaten by the CP's so thats really their choice lol...and some people want to limit their opponent with the Cp's and that's what the ban is for. I believe you should ban what you want.
I agree with all these stages

Also, i'm not saying 1 ban on neutrals, 1 ban on counterpick, i'm saying you should only be allowed to ban 1 neutral at most, as they're neutrals for a reason. It could mean unnecessarily forcing players to use counterpick stages. Marths would get most affected by this, put a marth against a jiggs and all the jiggs has to do is to ban ys and bf and it's a relatively easy win for jiggs. Banning two neutrals unnecessarily restricts some characters that like using neutrals (which is really fair enough as they are neutral stages rather than relying on gimmicks). Maximising it to 1 ban for neutrals means that if there is a stage in particular you don't like in the neutrals then it can go but the other player still has a fair share of neutrals to pick from

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I agree with all these stages

Also, i'm not saying 1 ban on neutrals, 1 ban on counterpick, i'm saying you should only be allowed to ban 1 neutral at most, as they're neutrals for a reason. It could mean unnecessarily forcing players to use counterpick stages. Marths would get most affected by this, put a marth against a jiggs and all the jiggs has to do is to ban ys and bf and it's a relatively easy win for jiggs. Banning two neutrals unnecessarily restricts some characters that like using neutrals (which is really fair enough as they are neutral stages rather than relying on gimmicks). Maximising it to 1 ban for neutrals means that if there is a stage in particular you don't like in the neutrals then it can go but the other player still has a fair share of neutrals to pick from
Every stage Neutral stage in general is really good for marth, it's about time that ***** got some harsh counterpicks lol.....

But yeah I kinda understand what you're saying, I don't mind implemeting that rule, but also wouldn't mind watching marth players getting pissed off with the stage :bee:

Tamoo

Smash Master
looool That's a silly strat....everyone think that that tactic really works when in reality it just doesn't and is way more complicated then that lol.

And you couldn't occupy me anyway....ESPPPP with your marth cos for that to be happening you would have to contain me, and you can't contain me, I would literally be wrecking you and then saving my partner or killing L-J if i'm in the mood and choose to.

It's actually a lot harder then it originally seems, as the two victims who got annihliated thought it was stupid, and I actually dominated them even in one match me having one stock and ganon nicely tanking with 3 stock loool.
Literally, all i would be doing is occupying you, whether it be you styling all over me or me doing the slowest marth combos i can do like utilt utilt forever to get rid of the ganon asap to make it a hell of a lot easier.

Trust me, i know it won't be easy, recently mr.otter and lvl9 beat calzum and marni in a doubles tournament so i'd imagine you with ganon would be unreasonably annoying ;)

Tamoo

Smash Master
but...but marth players already get such a bad deal with their relatively crap character :(

gotta give 'em something

Most affected characters unless this rule is put in place imo are gonna be marth and ICs, maybe link as well i dunno

L-J

Smash Ace
i'd still like to take this challenge though, lj u up for it? I'm thinking my marth and your fox :)
I occupy prof whilst you quick gimp the ganon four times ;)
I'm pretty sure level 9 Ganon would style on me - up B is broken, I can't even shield it. Combine that with powershielding all my lasers and frame perfect jabbing me whenever he feels like...Nah. I'll just take out Prof and then we can team up on Ganon with our remaining stocks. He'll probs take at least 3 of yours, but in 2v1 we might stand a chance against his 'Ganon magic'.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Literally, all i would be doing is occupying you, whether it be you styling all over me or me doing the slowest marth combos i can do like utilt utilt forever to get rid of the ganon asap to make it a hell of a lot easier.

Trust me, i know it won't be easy, recently mr.otter and lvl9 beat calzum and marni in a doubles tournament so i'd imagine you with ganon would be unreasonably annoying ;)
loool Well you can make that up on paper but in reality that won't happen that easy as I honestly don't think youu will be contain me lol, if you were to say you would just Utilt, Utilt or just hold me off in general then you would be getting a significant amount of percentage on me, a scenario which is not going to happen or the simple killing of ganon lol....ALSO you're not counting the times where I will be fighting L-J and not you since that will undoubtably happen.

JO3 - I'm teaming with a LEVEL 9 Ganon so i'm not putting any major money on it lol. Just £1 or for free.
Soooo isit a deal.
NO GANON'S AND NO JIGGZ!!!!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I'm pretty sure level 9 Ganon would style on me - up B is broken, I can't even shield it. Combine that with powershielding all my lasers and frame perfect jabbing me whenever he feels like...Nah. I'll just take out Prof and then we can team up on Ganon with our remaining stocks. He'll probs take at least 3 of yours, but in 2v1 we might stand a chance against his 'Ganon magic'.
LOOOL I dunno why people think 'I'll hold prof' or 'I'll take out Prof'.....don't you realize that if you come after me I actually will be taken you out way more then you will be taken out me lol.

Oh well, no-one listens or understands until it's done.

I'm actually really confident in beating you two lol....£3 MM?
Don't know how it works....£1.50 between both of you or one person put on £3 and Bo5 lol.
Unless you're both confident to put up £3 each lol.....but I don't think you would risk that would you guys???

X1-12

Smash Champion
Well, I'd like to try a custom animation but with the same hitbox location, timing, and KB. If that doesn't look good then just use the old flutter kick animation.

@Bullet Bill: Only the Top and High Tiers will play so identically, Mid-Low-Bottom Tiers and Brawl Newcomers will all have Melee Physics and the majority of their Melee moves, but have key buffs and/or additional new strategies. We're getting good feedback on these changes so far from top players. Then, everyone's new-found viability will strongly change the matchups from Melee. Melee Jiggz may play the same, but now she might have to worry about her matchup against Pikachu (Strong vertical kills, more difficult to edgeguard)... things like that.

And while many of the Melee pros will continue to play their Melee mains, many are already branching out and picking up new secondaries (which may end up as mains, who knows).
how many new ATs will there be? I've already seen a vid with like cancelling the turnip pull animation on the edge

rustediron

Smash Lord
I HAVE A FRIENDLY PROPROSITION FOR ANYONE WHO ISN'T TOP 4 IN THE UK

So far I have beaten
Wiggum + Jude
Alpha Dash + The Lust

In a doubles match with my famous LEVEL 9 GANON loool. And it was actually quite **** in both cases lol.....
I want to challenge more people to see how much people I can take out, either for free for an amazing amount of £1 lol.

Current Takers
Jolteon + ....

NO JIGGZ ALLOWED!!!!
NO GANON ALLOWED, MADE FOR SWIZZY!!!!
I see your level 9 Ganon, and raise you a level 9 Falco! £1, yeah?

...or a level 9 Jolteon, if he's up for it xD

X1-12

Smash Champion
you can air-dodge cancel glide toss, just its not as effective in melee. I only didn't know about the pulling the turnip

also btw I reckon you are better off going falco vs prof+ganon

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I see your level 9 Ganon, and raise you a level 9 Falco! £1, yeah?

...or a level 9 Jolteon, if he's up for it xD
lol yeah that sounds good.

Sooo it's

Jo3 + Swizzy
L-J + Tamoo
Frugs + Jolteon :)

what so we both put £1.50 in and you put £3 in? If so deal (if you don't wanna put the money in lj i'd happily put in £3 lol ;))
lol Either way it's a nice chicken burger or something a long the lines for me, so sort out who's paying it.

Snake still seems like he has the potential to be pretty broken lol :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WQ-m8m4seU&feature=channel

i dunno about the arial glide toss but i'm pretty sure you can cancel the animation of pulling a turnip on an edge. I'm sure i remember trying to practise it :/
Yhhh it is possible, but you aren't able to throw the turnip no-where near as that fast, there's is a long lage and you slightly get dragged downwards while pulling it.

Nowhere near as useful as that would be.

Tamoo

Smash Master
you can air-dodge cancel glide toss, just its not as effective in melee. I only didn't know about the pulling the turnip

also btw I reckon you are better off going falco vs prof+ganon
My falco is trash id probs get gimped to no end. I just need a character that can occupy prof for a while. I reckon peach would be pretty good at this.

god this lvl9 thing is really srs business :/

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
slow chars are horrible at keeping fox busy he can just run circles around them >_>

L-J

Smash Ace
Yeah sure I accept that Prof, and I'm happy to put in £1.50 Tam. I'm thinking double peach? ;)

Just had a look at Project M vids - it looks sweet! I'm hyped for it's release. Even if it is year or more, it looks like it'll be worth the wait.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Lol at everyone taking Profs challenge. I will most likely be here, moving back to Worcester this Saturday then have to go on a uni trip to Scotland Tues-Tues but I aim to get some Smash in somewhere!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Lol at everyone taking Profs challenge. I will most likely be here, moving back to Worcester this Saturday then have to go on a uni trip to Scotland Tues-Tues but I aim to get some Smash in somewhere!
lol My challenges are serious and threatening stuff.

You better be coming to this, you have anyone to do my challenge with???

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Sounds good to me lol.
That means I got....

Jolteon + Yeniths
Jolteon + Frugs
Swizzy + Jo3
L-J + Tamoo

Who have to be added on the list of

Defeated
Wiggum + Jude
Alpha Dash + The Lust