• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Brado

Smash Lord
Sup guys, haven't had a chance to post since friday, was an awesome tourney and it was good putting faces too all the usernames lol.

I might do some full shout-outs later if I have the time.

If anyone's wondering, I'm the one commentating with L-J in a lot of the matches, though my voice can barely be heard at times >_>

I have about 30 mins of footage of the EM crew traveling and some random interviews/walk-around at the tourney. Eventually I'll edit it all and put it on youtube, there are some good clips in there...

Dopl-G

Smash Apprentice
Sup guys, haven't had a chance to post since friday, was an awesome tourney and it was good putting faces too all the usernames lol.

I might do some full shout-outs later if I have the time.

If anyone's wondering, I'm the one commentating with L-J in a lot of the matches, though my voice can barely be heard at times >_>

I have about 30 mins of footage of the EM crew traveling and some random interviews/walk-around at the tourney. Eventually I'll edit it all and put it on youtube, there are some good clips in there...
Cool man, cannot wait to see it, i shall make my shoutouts on saterday when I am not working.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Thanks :) I'll look into that tourney in March. I live in Hampshire about an hour south of London, as far as i know London is the closest place to me for tournies.

Hey where about in Hampshire? anywhere near Reading? which is in Berkshire which is kinda near. I'd send you a private message but you're not allowing them. if you turn on private messages (User CP -> edit options then click allow private messages) that way you don't have to post you're address on the boards if you don't want

Pickled_No0b

Smash Journeyman
Hey i'm new to the brawl scene and was considering coming to a tournament sometime. What are these tournaments like? Are they good for my first tourney? and when is the next one?
I have a better idea, come play melee in southampton!

Dashiamo

Smash Cadet
Ok PMs should be fine now. I actually live in Farnborough about an hour away from southampton and 30 mins away from reading. I don't want to be too specific with my address though.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Thats cool, Do you play brawl or melee or both?

and can i ask which train station is closest to you? farnborough or farnborough-north?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
haha, i lvie way too far from any big cities for my liking, theres no smash community in norfolk anyway

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Start one GP! I pretty much got the Leicester scene running when I started my fests and now there's about 10 of us!

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Start one GP! I pretty much got the Leicester scene running when I started my fests and now there's about 10 of us!
i live 40 miles away from a city, i live in a tiny village and my friend lives abotu 15 miles from me. there may be something in the college i go to, but i doubt they will be any good, or anywhere near as obsessed XP

Calzum!

LC | Team Heir

FROM BRADO
: I know you've held nearly every event but it's not as if you organise them too well, i've had to add stuff to the thread to make it more useful and have put a lot more effort into getting people too events and organising every mini-fest

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Are the 4 people BISKIN, ALEX, EDWIN, FUZZYNESS gonna be at Alpha Dash's tommorow???????????
I need a bit more info first but yeah I'm still interested.

Namely, I want to know what time to be there and where he lives.

Bishkin

Smash Apprentice
I wanna come dashes, but I'm ill as **** at the moment. I'll see how I feel tomorrow, could definitely use some practice

Oh yeh Alex it's at Reedham station, you can get there via East Croydon or Victoria I believe...

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I need a bit more info first but yeah I'm still interested.

Namely, I want to know what time to be there and where he lives.
The station is called 'Reedham' and he LITERALLY lives in walking distance.
Like a 1/2 minute walk cos you just turn left out of the station and there's a bunch of flats and it's the second to last block of flats and you press the middle Buzzer as there are 5 buzzer and you press the third one

You've been there before right.

Make sure you can make it though baby lol :(

You can get there from East Croydon, it's only like 3 stops.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
big headed much?
you started the Leicester scene? what those 4 players who get together every week and play smash? i dont think so... you started shi- all

Wheelz enjoys dickriding himself
I like how you took a part of that sentance to make it seem like I was completely big-headed. If you read the whole thing and understood it you would have realised that I meant started fests in Leicester which then attracted more players to come to Leicester and join the tourneys. Lol dumazz

@Brado: No fest is run perfect, although last one was fine no one complains but you and Calzum lol

Dashiamo

Smash Cadet
Thats cool, Do you play brawl or melee or both?

and can i ask which train station is closest to you? farnborough or farnborough-north?
I play Brawl mostly and the closest station to me is farnborough main.

You (Dashiamo) live quite close to crabman I believe.

Me, u X1-12 and crabman should def meet up sometime
Ah cool never heard of crabman :p i'm a bit new though.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I haven't been there before.

Is this any time he wants us to come? xd
No not really, he just wants us to come.

PLEASE come Bishkin and TC though lol. It would be good if you could.

TC when you get to 'Reedham' station there is only two directions you can go....left or right.
And you go left and keep on walking and you will see a row of flats.

And remember you walk down to the second to last row of flats and press the middle buzzer.
It is a 70 number....something like 76/77/78 or something like that but I just know it's a 70 and it's the middle buzzer.

Literally a 1/2 minute walk and you can't get lost cos there's only two ways to walk lol.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Dashiamo:

Oh right, I just presumed u were a melee player lol!
Umm, tbh, out of us three, only I dabble in brawl a little and I'm pretty crap at the game anyway :/
Not too sure about brawlers in your area, but if my housemate happens to be driving down to guildford soon, I wouldn't mind meeting up or something

K.Mac

Smash Lord
Dude i got mine for £7 brand new boxed yeah it was luck but still some for cheap there

i searched GameCube Controller in eBay
eBay Link 1
eBay Link 2

the first 2 Nintendo branded ones i saw
Yeah, but I'm after a brand-new pad and I'm probably going to buy two, so I have one with springs in for melee and F-zero, and one without springs for Brawl and Brawl+

:/ I'm gonna try find an orange or a red one. do they exist? lol

K.Mac

Smash Lord
****it They're Sold Out D:

meh, I'm gonna get one off eBay. I'll bother my dad later on and get him to buy it :B

Top Bottom