• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

king_NDj247

Smash Ace
i need 2 go on sum made link trainin but its kinda hard 2 do when no1 at my uni plays smash lol plus it doesn't help me leavin my memory card in london lol =[

but 2 every1 i met n played gd games n was nice meeting new ppl and cin every1 again hopefully my link will improve again =] but i just think i need 2 b smarter about wat i do when edgeguardin n get my DI up every1 that saw sum of my link recovery that was abit of luck although it got better through out the day anyway look 4ward 2 cin u guys at GT2 shld get sum games in b4 that anyway n hopefully my tech skill will get better =]

VA

Smash Hero
I've figured it out now edwin.

Literally after the set was over I was like...oh, that's what I need to do.

j3ly

Smash Champion
while we are on the topic, my brother and dads names happen to be john

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
late shoutouts ggs to everyone i played, soz fuzzy forgot i owed you money will get it you next time no doubt. i need to get more playing time in though sucked hard at this tournament :/ anyone having smashfests around london let me know and ima try and make it looking to improve as much as possible.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Only problem with the audio is that there is at least a half second desynch with the video, i'll try to see what i can do for next time i record tho...

And umm yeah, losers finals and grand finals will go up tomorrow.

VA

Smash Hero
Losers finals are awesome, they were really close but I always felt in control. I don't understand why frost picked DL64 on me with pika. A stage with a lower ceiling would surely have been better?

Frosty is not a bad player at all, he approached some aspects of the peach match up really well. Edgeguarding and killing specifically. Got nice kills on me off the top but the on stage play I kind of figured him out and I felt like I killed off his approach well.

VA

Smash Hero
eh? he could be good, he's definitely improved a bit recently.

edwin was more scary to me though. countering turnips is horrible to fight against at first.

Calzorz

Smash Lord
**** event but lack of brawl setups sucked really bad i was sat there for about 2 or 3 hours waiting for some pools to finish thanks for shouts kira willz trio n that il do myne when i got more time but ima say this now KIRA TOO GOOD gratz on 1st also xD

Calzorz

Smash Lord
i got my controller for 40pound ( the white one with extended wire n stuff brand new ) i didnt mind paying for it i needed a spare

j3ly

Smash Champion
what tc said, also CEX sell gamecubes with a controller (of your choice if you ask too so get a nice one) for only £15, and a controller for £10. Stock up for old age

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i got my controllers for nothing, my mate was getting rid of his coob, so he gave me the remote, but regardless. its a little dodgy after mass mashing of the buttons, so looks liek ill have to get another.
cheers for the shoutouts peopel who gave me one, i would say i felt liek the low tier gero of the tourney, but i reckno that title belongs to kyoshi for his love of the e-tier.

i didnt get to met many of you, so ill just give shoutouts to people i got to know

Doplghost-deserves 2 awards, noe for being the best dressed brawler, the second for possibly being the only olimar to CP rainbow ride...and WIN, all...3...times! (plus other less hyped games that i might have missed)
Dooan-awesome talking to ya, livened the day up even more, also a protip for you. dont get high the day before the tourney, you saw what it did for you XP
Willz-congrats on getting to 3rd, although dopl deserved to beat you XP regardless, well played on beating trio3 and such, hopefully ill get some friendlies in against you next time
Trio3- just legit, in general, and although it's going to seem like a john, my game against you was my first of the day, soo yknow....
kira jr.-made me laugh by beating my friend, i'm still reminding him he got beat by a child XP

also, i am now forever sick of the sound of meta knights paper sword, and the background music of dreamland 64. **** it melee, turn the volume down, its stuck in mah head

Yeniths

East Midlands!
All the videos are on the SmashUK youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/SuperSmashBrosUK

:)

I really enjoyed this event was really great. My pool was pretty bad tho, I think people like Crabman, Willz, Beast and PMS all could have gotten out but didn't because of the pool :(.

I've no idea where I placed but lost both my bracket matches, first to Fuzzy, then to Gantz (I WILL get you next time honestly :p) so thats what? 16th?

Good stuff to everyone I played, hope I proved myself as a decent player!

Tamoo

Smash Master
i mentioned a few names a couple of pages back :s

mainly, crabman, monty, dave, synapse, deathgazer and beast. Probably missing a few

Also, I gotta say that willz and brad have actually really improved since I last played them, keep it up EM :)

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Yeah he did, joint with Crabman. This has really made me hyped for GT2 and Berlin!

J03

Smash Master
Ben- watch you vs frosty and im impressed, you just gotta edgeguard better. instead of pilling him when hes offstage, jump on the edge and use the back air, or just roll on.

seriously, ive not seen you edgegurad properly once, except when you pilled him twice and then caped.
Also when hes on higher percents,when you sheild his f-smash, WD, upsmash for the kill.

AND when hes approaching you, you should tunr your back on him and create a wall with the bairs.

LASTLY i think you need to mindgame the fair in a lil more.

AmcD

Smash Ace
Ben- watch you vs frosty and im impressed, you just gotta edgeguard better. instead of pilling him when hes offstage, jump on the edge and use the back air, or just roll on.
I agree, I was talking to him about this before and I think his recovery is better aswell.

Pickled_No0b

Smash Journeyman

seriously, ive not seen you edgegurad properly once, except when you pilled him twice and then caped.
Also when hes on higher percents,when you sheild his f-smash, WD, upsmash for the kill.

AND when hes approaching you, you should tunr your back on him and create a wall with the bairs.

LASTLY i think you need to mindgame the fair in a lil more.
Ben never rolls off the edge, in all the smash Ive played with him I cant recall him ever doing it lol. But yeah, hopefully he will annd it will improve his game

j3ly

Smash Champion
lol Dave, my life was quake 3 in my dream, me and somebody else were standardly shooting **** but I missed and hit the eifel tower. You were walking underneath it when i hit it, and had the crap crushed outta you when it collapsed. Im sorry man, there was nothing we could do xx

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I'm getting out of pools at GT2, I KNOW EM CAN **** **** UP!!!
Everyone says they want to get out of pools.
People just have to prove it and actually make an effort to improve cos I am training a few people so they can become better.

But will you be one of the people to have a noticable improvement?

Tamoo

Smash Master
Ok, ironically enough, I can upload vids but I can't view the vids I upload, so I have no idea on the chars. I've done it from memory but if anyone sees a mistake, just pm me and i'll get onto it. All should be there in 30 mins or so.

And jesus christ that's a ****ed up pool, something def went wrong there :s

Top Bottom