• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Heartstring

Smash Legend
great apparently the playlist is private XP, i dont think ill be bothered anyway, theres no brawl ones up theere XP

AmcD

Smash Ace
Ok, ironically enough, I can upload vids but I can't view the vids I upload, so I have no idea on the chars. I've done it from memory but if anyone sees a mistake, just pm me and i'll get onto it. All should be there in 30 mins or so.

And jesus christ that's a ****ed up pool, something def went wrong there :s
Yeah all the vids seem fine.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
lol I watched the Winners Finals and there was sooo much fail edgeguards by VA and desperate D-smash.

VA, Charles was scared of getting D-smash so he just stayed in his sheild when you did a Float cance/Aerial D-smash. Sometimes you should just do the aerial and then grab him because he stays in his shield which gives you the oppourtunity to punish him.

That was just something I noticed you NEVER took advantage of and you were just way too desperate for the fast build of D-smash percent lol.

VA

Smash Hero
really? I didn't think I desperate dsmashed too bad. But the tip about grabbing is a good one.

basically he kept on doing really obvious grabs which had no set up and I'd spot dodge to dsmash, as well I'm used to being able to punish people with CC dsmash, which didn't work on him at all cos he's pretty much always in the air.

my fails are sooo much I'm glad you saw it. I just don't get to practice against you guys so I don't think people how difficult it is for me to go from winning all the other matchs in tournament with relative ease to having to really understand and work out match ups. I have potentially two tough matches a tournament, between those I basically never practice with people that beat me so it's ridiculously weird going into it and as such I am super inconsistent on punishing prof and charles.

I'm going to start practicing with them more regularly.

Some form of shoutouts to the players that I think have potential:

BEAST - played terrible at this tournament but still scared a lot of you. this guy will be ****** soon.

CLOCKMIRE - you definitely have potential and I said it ages ago, you just need to care more and stop maining falcon.

TAMOO - stick jiggz, there's only room for one peach in the UK ;) But it's feasible that I would lose to you jiggz vs fox these days.

WARNING - does anyone know how much this guy *****? when he steps up...there'll be trouble

GANTZ - don't talk so much on board about who you'll beat and stuff, it puts unnecessary pressure on you. just turn up, no expectations and **** because I know you can.

CHRISBOI - the major change you need to make is option awareness. Yes dthrow > tipper works if they DI/tech a certain way, but you can't expect it to work everytime. You must be aware of what they are able to do in every situation and from there you can begin reading them. It seems like you just go for the same thing everytime regardless, I saw you miss hundreds of dthrow > fsmash attempts on tamoo where if you'd done something else you could have hit.

FROSTY - Maybe it's time you mained Pikachu. Ever thought about that? Your Marth was good but if you worked on your Pika I think it might be better.

I didn't really play enough against:

BULLET BILL: I heard you say uair doesn't combo with doc. I'm pretty sure, yes it does. Something still seems a bit wrong with your attitude. Why would be mad at Frostbyte for being smug? And you describe kills as lucky, unlucky or cheap when they're fundamental parts of smash. Just seems odd. That being said you ousted every player that challenged you at the tournament and that deserves props.

L-J - We didn't play at all? This is gay, your commentary was alright but you're wrong about how to edgeguard falcon. It all depends on where he starts up, high or low. Charles is fluid in changing it up on which way he goes and it kept me guessing, I think I've worked it out now though. His Falcon moves in his Up + B way more than you realise as well.

Mehhh I'm sure there's more but I can't remember.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Ok, i'll do some shoutouts whilst I have the time

Cheez: Very impressed indeed, loved the fact that ppl were expecting you to lcancel to shine and u were missing both and just running away lool. Only got to watch u vs Last Dragon but i liked what i saw :)

Dave: i really don't understand man, u were playing more than well enough the night before to make it outta pools. Next time eh

Hugo: such a **** lol, i enjoyed our mm, you have gotten better but not a huuuuge amount which is slightly dissapointing, make the most of lj man

L-J: Great to finally get some doubles in, jiggs fox def worked well, i guess i'll see you sometime this month if i come up

VA: Yeah i always have felt i have a chance gainst u if u go fox, but that peach lol... I wanna play you more, 1 friendly isn't enough :mad:

Beast: We NEVER get time to play for some reason, I WILL play you next tournament we're together

Gantz: very well played on your placement man, ur campy as hell!!! which is good, out of all the foxes i've ever played, ur the only one who's played the matchup like it should be played, apart from fuzzy.

Synapse: god i felt the pressure in our match. tbh though, you need to be a hell of a lot more patient. I always felt comfortable because i was able to get inside your falco quite easily and didn't feel as pressured as i should by lasers.

Brado: Very nice improvement man, i personally wouldn't bother with ganon but to each their own. i think i'll stick to falcon gainst u in the future :)

Slurpie: Is this your first tournament? Are you a brawler? Either way, never heard of you. Just work on the spacing for the moment, keeping the opponent out of your reach.

Dopl-Ghost: VERY good **** in brawl man, glad to see someone in the UK rep oli, please link me to vids of you when they're up :). Also, I hope u didn't go G&W on me on the off chance that i have no idea about him cos i get all the practice in the world against G&Ws in my house lol.

Chrisboi: You have definitely improved at the matchup since last time, especially the less fsmash thing. VA is right. I DI those throws so that either i avoid it all together or just get hit by a weak fsmash (usually the latter as its safer). I wouldn't bother going for it anymore and instead rack up percent with arial stuff instead.

Frostbyte: God i have so many regrets from our match, but well played anyway. I think in the future, at least against me, u should def go pika lol, i always felt comfortable in the marth match.

Ixis: Finally got to play u! Finding out that u and kj were in my pool was like, the best (brawl related) news ever! I think i put a good enough fight up, but man ur ****

KillerJawz: Like, I just don't get it. It's IMPOSSIBLE to approach you. So sorry for not beating Fantz, that essentially knocked u out :/

Fantz: Sooooo close, i really thought i had it but u pulled through man, good stuff making it through a hella hard pool.

Other brawlers in my pool: I don't remember ur names guys :s but play melee :)

Willz: So much improvement, was nicely surprised indeed.

Ben: awesome placement and great to see you again man.

Warning: I'm def getting games in with u next tournament.

Fuzzy: Thanks a lot for hosting an awesome event, and for housing/awesome friendlies. Good **** on winning melee.

sorry if i missed anyone

Also, my boss just used the term sandbagging in context. I've NEVER used that term at work, i'm so thoroughly confused lmao

J03

Smash Master
VA: sick peach mate, was very impressed by everything but the edgeguarding =/. seriously, on stage you are BEASTLY but you messed up the edgeguarding lotsa times. esp vs frosty, i know peach is ****e oon the edge but you gotta grab it vs marth. and your falling bairs from the edge got you in so much trouble a few times xD loving it though.

and sorry to say i wasnt happy with your fox at all. it wasnt at all up to scratch. its not a big deal coz you main peach but you may wanna brush up on fox a bit.

VA

Smash Hero
lol saying that but my fox still got a game on YS. You might not realise, but you only really need about 4 attacks in the match up if you know what you're doing. My fox did look **** though I totally agree, it's why I don't use him in tournament because I get all tight and **** up things like waveshine so often.

But yeah ledgegaurding was horrible. Vs. Frost was not my most serious play, like L-J said I felt in control most/all of the time. Even though it was hideously close I always felt ahead.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Ben- watch you vs frosty and im impressed, you just gotta edgeguard better. instead of pilling him when hes offstage, jump on the edge and use the back air, or just roll on.

seriously, ive not seen you edgegurad properly once, except when you pilled him twice and then caped.
Also when hes on higher percents,when you sheild his f-smash, WD, upsmash for the kill.

AND when hes approaching you, you should tunr your back on him and create a wall with the bairs.

LASTLY i think you need to mindgame the fair in a lil more.
Much appreciated Joe :)

Gantz ak-47

Smash Journeyman
doc goes to far up i think. and i think your right va but i didnt feel any preasure though. i just got out played.

Dopl-G

Smash Apprentice
lol tamoo, sandbagging at work should be glorious, I do the same thing myself at college, never bring advanced smash talk into college, cause no one will get you.

and no, I went with G&W cause I never used him and wanted to try him out on melee, see if i fair any better, I am in no way competitive on melee as you oculd probably tell. lol.

I must think of what to write for my shoutouts, thanks again to everyone who gave me a shoutout.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Everyone says they want to get out of pools.
People just have to prove it and actually make an effort to improve cos I am training a few people so they can become better.

But will you be one of the people to have a noticable improvement?
I believe I have made a very noticable improvement from when I first started competitive Melee in October to now. I can beat people such as L-J, Yeniths and TC when playing well (no these guys arn't like top 10, but they all made bracket).

Go suck a **** prof!

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Ben why do you think uair doesn't combo with doc?
it does combo, what I meant to say it doesn't combo particularly well. People think it's rly good at comboing because people always rememeber a Doc doing an upair combo but a lot of the times it's escapable as it sends them too far so most of the time you're unlikely to follow it up. Most of the time it's just keeping people in the air anyway.

VA

Smash Hero
Brado and callum liked my hair ^_^

Also, how would people feel about a brighton monthly at the end of Feb? I have my own house, so housing is not an issue. Orange Bena (smashysmashysmashy) has a place too so potentially we could house lots of people.

Thoughts?

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
but I still suck vs him with any char lol

/e Robby I would be interested depending on the date!

VA

Smash Hero
Uhm, I mean the london monthly is not being held this month. So a replacement event in Brighton?

I'll look into it and get details towards the end of the week.

Bishkin

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts:

Fuzzy - cheers for the tourney, had a good day and even though I got ***** it really benefited my game

VA - thanks for the pre-tourney practise, and yes I would be very interested in a Brighton tourney this month. Just please don't go Marth against me again :(

Dizard - good meeting you man, nice Falcon and very good comeback in our pool match. I was gutted after how well I played in our first game :p

King NDJ - very nice Link, some of those projectile combos were too much for me to handle and I think you knew it lol

j3ly - your Mario still ***** me but I'm getting there. We should have just done Falco dittos for our MM like we agreed, I reckon I would have had a much better chance

Also PMS, Gantz, Last Dragon was cool meeting you guys and respect to everyone else I played :)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
doc goes to far up i think. and i think your right va but i didnt feel any preasure though. i just got out played.
What a fool for that last bit you said.

I can't wait till you are out of OOC!!!!!!

I believe I have made a very noticable improvement from when I first started competitive Melee in October to now. I can beat people such as L-J, Yeniths and TC when playing well (no these guys arn't like top 10, but they all made bracket).

Go suck a **** prof!
Yeah, cos I really knew what you were like when you started off and what you were like at this event to recognize you made a noticable improvement lol.

My post was referring to everyone, not just you.

Brado and callum liked my hair ^_^

Also, how would people feel about a brighton monthly at the end of Feb? I have my own house, so housing is not an issue. Orange Bena (smashysmashysmashy) has a place too so potentially we could house lots of people.

Thoughts?
I might be able to come depending on the date and how far it is and money etc.....

L-J

Smash Ace
No offence Willz but I wasn't taking friendlies at this monthly terribly seriously so I wouldn't read too much into that (or friendlies in general for that matter)- I'm sure you have made a big improvement though regardless.

VA I wouldn't be able to get to Brighton during term time but in general it'd deffo be good for the community :)

Gantz ak-47

Smash Journeyman
What a fool for that last bit you said.

I can't wait till you are out of OOC!!!!!!

Yeah, cos I really knew what you were like when you started off and what you were like at this event to recognize you made a noticable improvement lol.

My post was referring to everyone, not just you.

I might be able to come depending on the date and how far it is and money etc.....
SHUT UP PROF!!!!! i told you the crew is nothing with out me. oh and the only thing that i think holds me back is when i try to change my play during matches and probably tech skill. i can't see another problem but prof will probably show me anyway.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
No offence Willz but I wasn't taking friendlies at this monthly terribly seriously so I wouldn't read too much into that (or friendlies in general for that matter)- I'm sure you have made a big improvement though regardless.

VA I wouldn't be able to get to Brighton during term time but in general it'd deffo be good for the community :)
Willz taking friendlies very seriously indeed!!! Seriously I've beaten loads of people that are better than me but it's friendlies so theres no point about bragging about it

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
You didn't beat me :).

Remember the **** I supplied to you at PH2 and to this day you still want to play me just cos you said i made you feel like you couldn't do anything with my amazing shield pressure and combos and you want to prove you're good lol :)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Trying to cover up a serious past comment with a trolling comment.

A perfect example of someone who is not a Professional Troll.

Refer to my 6,656 posts for Professional trolling tatics

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Well maybe I should have put I can beat L-J in friendlies, w/e I **** no johns n00bs.

I'll **** you London n00bs at GT2 anywaaay

Dashiamo

Smash Cadet
Hey i'm new to the brawl scene and was considering coming to a tournament sometime. What are these tournaments like? Are they good for my first tourney? and when is the next one?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
lol They are definitely worth you coming.

Alot of different people from different age groups and different backgrounds and different areas but everyone gets on very well.

But the next major tournament is not on till March 27/28th which can be found here.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=261354

But during this time period there will be little events going on till then, if you tell us what area you are from we can try to direct you with some brawlers which might be in your area.

It's very good to meet up with people cos it gives you a good outline on where you are in the community and plus you can get given advice as well on what to do and how to improve.

Dashiamo

Smash Cadet
Thanks :) I'll look into that tourney in March. I live in Hampshire about an hour south of London, as far as i know London is the closest place to me for tournies.

Top Bottom