• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash still alive?

FlowinWater

Smash Champion
Wowoww screw yall. Why this turn into a Smash vs Brawl discussion?

all yall FAIL.

Anyways Smash when I get back or what? I'll be leaving to Iraq in August so I just wanna play the game
one last time before deploying.

HOLLA

Linguini

Smash Master
sorry fro but lets look at this from a realistic standpoint,
barwl is not a good competitive game, I could write an essay why, but i think we all know the details. xif is right, and xif knows his stuff.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
sorry fro but lets look at this from a realistic standpoint,
barwl is not a good competitive game, I could write an essay why, but i think we all know the details. xif is right, and xif knows his stuff.
I love melee it's too good. As a matter of fact I wrote a small novel on the Superiorly of Melee. Check it out as Barnes and Nobles.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Defend your game. Fine, no problem. But acting like tough **** and you know about melee simple because you make money off of brawl doesn't say much now does it.

And you were the first one to insult me. I personally have nothing against you >_>

And your housing Finch, Garbanzo, and I if I remember correctly.
i dont even brag about how i win tournaments, i have NEVER posted about how im a super amazing player. I could post it, but i dont, because it just makes me look like a *******. And i never think my opinion is above anyones just because i do win.

What pisses me off is when people say "Oh well --Big Melee Name Player-- thinks brawl is bad so it must be", thats just bull****. That and when people base opinions off of ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Brawl is a great competitive game, just like with any fighting game there are counter characters/cheap tactics. There are ways around them.

But w/e, AGAIN all i see is that no matter WHAT i post, it gets completely overridden. I just keep forgetting that my opinion doesnt count cuz i didnt play melee for 17 years, i gotta remember that.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Hahah, alright man. Should be fun.

BTW, who do you use in brawl?
I main snake but i can use D3 and DK.

Honestly if i'll probably be quitting brawl soon cuz im tired of the stupid Melee Vs Brawl arguing.
Guilty Gear is infinitely more exciting and Blaz Blue will be amazing.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
This thread has become garbage. Sorry for furthering the lame offtopicness of your thread Flowin.

People still trying to say Brawl has no depth? I am going to point it out very plain and simple, no more sugar coating or being nice. If you posted in this thread about Brawl not requiring skill to play well, you suck at Brawl. If you posted in this thread about playing the same way as you did two months ago because Brawl has no depth, you suck at Brawl. I will beat every single person in this thread who said that. Chops knows what he is talking about. The level Afro plays at is significantly higher than the average player, there is a very noticable skill gap.

You can like or hate the game all you want, but don't say the game takes no skill. Brawl is not Melee, it is not played like Melee, stop comparing it to Melee. I have yet to see anyone who says the game takes no skill place ANYWHERE decently in any tournament. Coincidence?

SynikaL

Smash Lord
Wow, even XIF believes Brawl is bad now? How'd this happen?

Looks like I made the right choice to abandon ship... for now at least.

I will admit that I do like the fact that I don't have to practice at Brawl to be any good at it. People in my area play the game incessantly and I can mostly beat them (I play the game like, once a month if that). In a sense, it makes the game more competitive than Melee simply because it's that much more accessible. I don't really play video games much anymore, so it's nice to be able to play a fighting game within a competitive atmosphere every once in a while, and have wit and competitive drive be the only real necessities to be tolerable -- viable, even.

That'll likely change as the game moves forward though.

-Kimo

Life After Death

Smash Champion
its called being the smarter player. you got mlee exp of course you gonna **** them all lol I Dont know how to fighgt 95% of the character in brawl and I get top 2-10 in tourneys

dguy6789

Smash Lord
But I'm not horrible at brawl. Infact its impossible to be horrible at brawl lol. I don't even play brawl and I'm better then like 80% of FL. Its bad enough that FL thinks tornado spam is actually good and it should work, when infact its stupid, and no other state uses it and gets somewhere in tourneys with it.

Xif cleared up everything pretty much.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5S8WXp6VRo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbjmonurKwM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YlrHDxT_H0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1ctVf8_0fc

AfroQT

Smash Master
Wow, even XIF believes Brawl is bad now? How'd this happen?

Looks like I made the right choice to abandon ship... for now at least.

I will admit that I do like the fact that I don't have to practice at Brawl to be any good at it. People in my area play the game incessantly and I can mostly beat them (I play the game like, once a month if that). In a sense, it makes the game more competitive than Melee simply because it's that much more accessible. I don't really play video games much anymore, so it's nice to be able to play a fighting game within a competitive atmosphere every once in a while, and have wit and competitive drive be the only real necessities to be tolerable -- viable, even.

That'll likely change as the game moves forward though.

-Kimo
Lambchop's response is correct.
And Dguys response is dead-on.

FlowinWater

Smash Champion
wow BRAWL is SLOW? I don't think I can play Brawl like I played Melee. Oh well Gotta play it first. Oh I can't go to those tourneys mang. Ima be there MID July. 16-28 to be exact.

I just wanna smash with the old school mofos, new school is good to I don't care.

HOLLA

PB&J

Smash Hero
melee is a great game...brawl is a decent game for now...what makes people hate the game is that everybody who played melee and plays or played brawl wants brawl to have so much amount of meta game and being defeated by simple tacticts and they can't seem to get around it..i here plenty of people complain about certain characters like snake and metaknight or ddd but there are way to get around them..down here in the south it seems that these characters are winning most of the tournies , but in other states this isn't the case.. i n ny bum wins the majorit of the tournies and he mains dk..ddd can chain grab him with his eyes close and so can falo...but bum and other players figured ways around it...so when people who play the game can't get around this they say the game is dumb because they lost to billy the kid or joe johnson the snake killer 3000....or what s even worse is when i hear this melee pro lots to a random scrub in this so in so tourny ..i think melee is a better game only because there is so much years of meta game and practicing character match-ups. brawl will elvolve in a year or two and when it does people aren't able to just pick it up and place well in tournies... so lets chill with the hate and stop jumping on the bandwagon..like this person stop playing it or this person hates it..just give brawl some time and learn some match-ups and stop whining like little girls

AfroQT

Smash Master
melee is a great game...brawl is a decent game for now...what makes people hate the game is that everybody who played melee and plays or played brawl wants brawl to have so much amount of meta game and being defeated by simple tacticts and they can't seem to get around it..i here plenty of people complain about certain characters like snake and metaknight or ddd but there are way to get around them..down here in the south it seems that these characters are winning most of the tournies , but in other states this isn't the case.. i n ny bum wins the majorit of the tournies and he mains dk..ddd can chain grab him with his eyes close and so can falo...but bum and other players figured ways around it...so when people who play the game can't get around this they say the game is dumb because they lost to billy the kid or joe johnson the snake killer 3000....or what s even worse is when i hear this melee pro lots to a random scrub in this so in so tourny ..i think melee is a better game only because there is so much years of meta game and practicing character match-ups. brawl will elvolve in a year or two and when it does people aren't able to just pick it up and place well in tournies... so lets chill with the hate and stop jumping on the bandwagon..like this person stop playing it or this person hates it..just give brawl some time and learn some match-ups and stop whining like little girls
YAH BOI PBNJ HITTIN DA CROWD WIT SOME KNOWLEDGE!

I agree completley, but Johnson the snake killer 3000 is a amazing name.

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
**** yall just got ****ed up

Smilez

Smash Journeyman
Ok tell me how to get around Metaknight's tornado and I'll pick Brawl back up. I'm not even being sarcastic. I would really like to know how to get around that attack w/ a character other than Snake. I've been thinking about playing Brawl but almost every time I play it disappoints me. Whether its a tornado or a really easy(insanely easy) infinite. I've been having a hard time enjoying the game. So lets just start w/ the tornado, tell the counter and I'll stop commenting and start playing. Thanks
-Ya Boy SMILEZ!!!!!!!!!!! :)

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
Flowin I miss you :(

And I miss that sweet *** camoflauge hat of yours more. The one that says I <3 Camping.

after watching Sparks playing melee tonight while I was working really made me miss the game, Im definatly gonna be playing some more melee in hopes my schedule will work out for me to attend FAST1

SynikaL

Smash Lord
Flowin I miss you :(

And I miss that sweet *** camoflauge hat of yours more. The one that says I <3 Camping.

after watching Sparks playing melee tonight while I was working really made me miss the game, Im definatly gonna be playing some more melee in hopes my schedule will work out for me to attend FAST1
Well, hey, keep me informed on this. I'll definitely start stopping by again if Melee manages to reestablish itself there.

I played the game a few times this week and, man, what a rediscovery.

-Kimo

OTRU...

Smash Champion
wow BRAWL is SLOW? I don't think I can play Brawl like I played Melee. Oh well Gotta play it first. Oh I can't go to those tourneys mang. Ima be there MID July. 16-28 to be exact.

I just wanna smash with the old school mofos, new school is good to I don't care.

HOLLA
yo thats perfect, FAST1 is on the 17th and 18th for melee, mad old school melee players will be there, u should def come to Orlando for that.

yo synikal are u coming to Orlando for FAST?

SynikaL

Smash Lord
It depends on Sly. I told him that I definitely wanted to go with him and Sparks if he was going, but he explained to me his going would be contingent on him amending his own car troubles. I'm just waiting to get info from him.

I hate driving long distances :/

-Kimosabae

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
We played some melee toniiiiiiiight. Im rusty as hell but had a ton of fun with Synikal, Riot, Sighrax, and Afro.

Ordering my parts before I go to work today then once my water pump and accessory belt come in it all depends on the time and money it costs to finish it. Ill keep you updated Kye. I really really wanna be there to witness Melee Crews so if I can go I will be.

Top Bottom