• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash still alive?

lamugi

Smash Lord
My only real serious problem with brawl is not that its not competitive(That leads to arguments). Its that its just boring to me :|
Its not that I suck at the game(Cause I don't really care about being good at it either), but its just a boring game. Why play brawl when there are more fun things to do with my time? :]
See what I did there?
I agree, and also I shouldn't be able to beat people who play the game all the time when i rarely play it, yet for some reason i can....

AfroQT

Smash Master
I agree, and also I shouldn't be able to beat people who play the game all the time when i rarely play it, yet for some reason i can....
This made me lol.....

/sigh OHHHHHHH DEARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
When will people understand.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
Tripping sucks, but its never decided a game for me, and probably never will.
Infact rarely am i ever punished for tripping.

Instead of complaining about it like a f@ggot, i just deal with it and play anyway.

Go cry about another game you suck at k.

If you think brawls boring, thats fine. If you enjoy playing other games thats fine, and i wont act like i decide whats fun for you or whats not (toward laijin). But the game is fine to play competitively, i enjoy playing brawl (not as much as guilty gear), so i play it. If you dont enjoy it, dont play it.
you arent playing very good people then. I dont want to get into too much detail but aside from tripping, all dodges are overpowered and ledge sweet spots along with that neuter what made the gameplay most unique which was edgeguarding, and also make characters without reliable kill moves useless. Snake is ridiculously better than everyone else minus metaknight, pit, and falco, the gameplay is retardedly unbalanced, AND easy to do as well. You need about a tenth the practice in melee that you do in brawl. Inarguably one of the best players in the southeast (Everlasting Yayuhz, got 2nd place in that first national online tournament, and has won every tournament in SC and Georgia) Still trades matches with Marty, and georgia smasher, who almost never plays and NEVER practices. And the BOTH of them agree its a horribly imbalanced and busted game.

Look, you joined a couple months ago. You probably went to allisbrawl or something, read up a bit on melee, and researched brawl, and now you think you know the smash community well enough for such opinions. Do you see my join date? I hate to use post counts and join dates in an argument, but it carries a meaning here. For the past 5 years almost I have been going to smash boards. I was here for the development of the metagame for melee as we know it now. Back when Falco was worse than Peach on the tier list, when Sheik topped the tier list, when ledge teching was a pipe dream, when players shunned fox because doing consistent waveshines was deemed "Impractical". I did what any smasher worth their salt did come this past January... imported a japanese wii and brawl. I played the game... EXTENSIVELY. I still play the game on occasion for fun (It is still a fun game), and I keep track of almost all the advances (If you could call it that, because every new thing found in brawl seems to make it a worse game). I'm telling you as some one who as seen almost the complete development of a fighting game to where it is now and a person who had extremely high hopes from Brawl that Brawl is just not a good competitive fighting game

end. of. story.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
afro is really really really good. I mean his smarts is prolly nowhere near a melee pro yet but he can be in a short amount of time. he's like shiz of braawl thats all there is too it. his potential is limitless lol

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
yeah right, look at Chop's post count & join date. there's no way we can trust his opinions!

SabinX

Smash Journeyman
you said pit was in the same category as snake and MK.. pit isn't anywhere near that level of good

falco doesnt do anything in FL or anywhere for that matter either.

you could have just said snake is undoubtedly the best character and the game isn't really balanced.

BUT also using an online tournament and post counts in the argument ARE terrible. I didn't travel for melee and my date/posts are not the greatest most relevant and timely, but I still kept track of all the things you mentioned as well.

Just wanted to say that your statements aren't all correct.

It is still pretty early for the game to be deemed anything. I agree with most though just for the record.
In different areas different characters are doing well and winning. Things may turn around and progress the meta away from snake. Even if the most recent cali singles final was snake vs. snake (dsf vs. forward) and doubles was a snake/snake team that won lol

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
and also like I said join date was used simply to emphasize where I am coming from here, which is ALOT of history with smash in general.

If you want I can change it to playing competitive smash for 4+ years, and placing well at tournaments to 2+ years... my point is that afro's implication of "When will they learn" meaning that we dont know anything, is kind of stupid when you have people with far more experience saying that brawl is dumb.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Brawl is a great game competitively. As long as people are willing to pay money for tournies and (more importantly) GET BETTER, it remains a good competitive game. I'll admit the learning curve is slightly more shallow than Melee, but it's still a competitive game. I, personally, like Melee better, but that's just me. I still think Brawl is a great game with just as many annoying things as Melee; I'm actually looking forward to FAST1's Brawl tournie to see if my Zelda is up to snuff.

People need to stop ragging on Brawl just because it seems less deep than Melee.

EDIT: area is bolded because people seem to use that as their main argument for why Brawl is NOT a good competitive game.

Laijin

Smash Hero
afro is really really really good. I mean his smarts is prolly nowhere near a melee pro yet but he can be in a short amount of time. he's like shiz of braawl thats all there is too it. his potential is limitless lol
no.

you guys really look up to afro huh? Sure he wins brawl tournaments, but all this love for the guy is getting to his head. I mean, the kid thinks he will destroy me in a money match in melee. I don't even think he has ever entered a melee tournament before. He is getting pretty cocky there.

People think Brawl is not a competitive fighting game for many reasons:
-The learning curve is not slightly shallow. Its ridiculously shallow and takes almost no practice to play at all. Just play like once in awhile and your tournament ready :]
-Its ridiculously unbalanced. Lots of competitive games have ****ty balance(MvC2)..but getting good at those games actually take work?
-Its boring.
-When compared to melee, brawl looks pretty bad. When compared to itself(as a stand alone fighting game), why would you bother playing it competitively when there are like 29342 better fighting games out there? Brawl was literally made to be anti competitive. Its been proven that it has(Sakurai even said so himself). etc etc.

Those are for the most part the main reasons people dislike brawl so much. For me personally, I just think its boring. :\

Life After Death

Smash Champion
ROFL. imo if he could he woulda been pro in melee. I bet one month of me training him in melee and he could destroy you lol

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
the game has only been out for a couple months its not like melee developed that fast and even though my join date says that i joined recently its because i ended my old account when brawl came out...i've been around for quite awhile.

Finch

Smash Lord
the game has only been out for a couple months its not like melee developed that fast and even though my join date says that i joined recently its because i ended my old account when brawl came out...i've been around for quite awhile.
LOL you must have copied and pasted that post because it's been out for 4 months. And we're still playing it the same way we did two months ago. Brawl is a good game, just not a good fighting game.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
I'd say the same thing if i was absolutely terrible at brawl.

EDIT:
See what i did there?
But I'm not horrible at brawl. Infact its impossible to be horrible at brawl lol. I don't even play brawl and I'm better then like 80% of FL. Its bad enough that FL thinks tornado spam is actually good and it should work, when infact its stupid, and no other state uses it and gets somewhere in tourneys with it.

Xif cleared up everything pretty much.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Stop the arguing with Brawl vs Melee competition.

Afro, chill out with cockyness. Yeah your good in brawl, good job.

The point in the difference of Brawl vs Melee is that its not as complex as melee. I'll try to prove it to you if I get the chance to play you. My Falco vs your ?(what character do you use). I've probably played the game 5 times since its came out, and last time I played it was roughly three months or so ago.

If your going to be super good in a game, don't be cocky. Be humble :). Try to be........ a jesus :).

People supporting afro, don't suck his ****. Sure compliment him, but don't be a suck up.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Hmm i got into the smash community 2 years ago, and i know HOW to play melee, i just didnt go to tournaments very often ( I was at MLG orlando WIT CHABOI SPARKS)

Im still gonna MM you laijin (and win, cuz its funny you think that i dont know how to play melee).

But w/e imma let people continue to QQ about brawl being bad, its all ONE BIG JOHN. At this point its amusing, i'll keep going to tournaments and people can keep crying about how they hate the game.

Brawl isnt going anywhere, anytime soon (as in it wont stop being played competitively). So you can either get good or cry like a f@ggot, whichever doesnt bother me.

LOL at people thinking i have groupies, someone defends you in a arguement and all of a sudden that person is on my ****.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH DEARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I guess i forgot my opinion doesnt count cuz i didnt play melee for 192 years, and go to every tournament (ever). So i obviously cant judge a game. MY BAD COMMUNITY.

EDIT:
Shiz i dont even think its being cocky, im just defending my game.

AfroQT

Smash Master
But I'm not horrible at brawl. Infact its impossible to be horrible at brawl lol. I don't even play brawl and I'm better then like 80% of FL. Its bad enough that FL thinks tornado spam is actually good and it should work, when infact its stupid, and no other state uses it and gets somewhere in tourneys with it.

Xif cleared up everything pretty much.
how the FVCK would you know! You dont go to tournaments. Its not like you've proven yourself at ANY tournament (brawl). So how are you saying you arent horrible? What placing are you refering to that you can go around saying you are better then 80%, at gigs you didnt place better then 80% of the people there (at any of the ones you've gone to).

And HugS has told me that a meta knight spammer places well in tournaments due to tornado spam. I'll get his exact name and **** later.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Quadruple Post

Im done posting, i dont need to read peoples b1tching online (CUZ THEY SUCK, THATS RIGHT). Shiz (no disrespect toward you in any of my posts) i'll play your falco in brawl, and afterwards we can play melee and i can show you my super amazing Ganondorf aka Fair.

Cash Mooney:
You are gay if you are coming to the tournament on Saturday dont even talk to me.

Laijin:
You're a F@ggot, cant wait to take your money

Chops:
DOWN AIR IM SO TECHNICAL

Spider_Sense:
MM Gdorf ditto on sat

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Quadruple Post

Im done posting, i dont need to read peoples b1tching online (CUZ THEY SUCK, THATS RIGHT). Shiz (no disrespect toward you in any of my posts) i'll play your falco in brawl, and afterwards we can play melee and i can show you my super amazing Ganondorf aka Fair.

Cash Mooney:
You are gay if you are coming to the tournament on Saturday dont even talk to me.

Laijin:
You're a F@ggot, cant wait to take your money

Chops:
DOWN AIR IM SO TECHNICAL

Spider_Sense:
MM Gdorf ditto on sat
Hahah, alright man. Should be fun.

BTW, who do you use in brawl?

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
Shiz i dont even think its being cocky, im just defending my game.
Defend your game. Fine, no problem. But acting like tough **** and you know about melee simple because you make money off of brawl doesn't say much now does it.

And you were the first one to insult me. I personally have nothing against you >_>

And your housing Finch, Garbanzo, and I if I remember correctly.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Defend your game. Fine, no problem. But acting like tough **** and you know about melee simple because you make money off of brawl doesn't say much now does it.

And you were the first one to insult me. I personally have nothing against you >_>

And your housing Finch, Garbanzo, and I if I remember correctly.
some type of battle is gonna go down.

is it gonna be card, crab, rap, royale? who knows

Top Bottom