• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash School -- [Read the OP for Teachers]

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Maybe there should also be a quick list of the characters like there was in the Training Grounds......

Sieguest

Smash Master
Who would be willing to teach Zero Suit Samus. If not I will look at Ness and Wario...
Look at the list in the OP and contact the person who teaches that character....<_<

@DB-the list in the OP should be good enough IMO, that's where people should go when they start to read any thread I think...

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
@DB-the list in the OP should be good enough IMO, that's where people should go when they start to read any thread I think...
Understandable. If I was the owner of a thread like this, I'd probably cram it full of everything I could think of.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Some people are a little busy. ^^;

SOLID has more time he can dedicate to this. I'm already kept busy with managing more important threads. He's taking over.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Some people are a little busy. ^^;

SOLID has more time he can dedicate to this. I'm already kept busy with managing more important threads. He's taking over.
Acceptable john?

And I am busy, just not on weekends.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
This place needs moar advertisement and activity. What would be the best way to make sure newbs know about this?

:034:

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Preferably a sticky, but I doubt we'd get that. More teachers? More advertisement in sigs could help, as well as having people post links to here in the Meet and Greet section. I'll ask CK if he could perchance put a link to this in the new Welcome Center that's going to be replacing Meet and Greet.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
That would be a good idea, then when you clicked on it you could link it to here.

If someone would be willing to do one for every teacher (just put there name and what they teach, plus whatever the background would be) and then one for students who want to help promote (Marthage, DB, etc) that'd be awesome, but time consuming.

UncleSam

Smash Master
If I find my old sig. I could use that, I'd just have to add smash school to it

EDIT: sweet I found it, Im going to edit it tomorrow

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
We would only come across as condescending if you looked at it that way. If you would like to get one on one help to improve your game with a character you can come to us and we will help you. If you think we're being egomaniacs by doing this... well I'm not going to argue with you, it's your point of view. We're not trying to come across as arrogant (I know I'm not), so just take it how you will I guess.

tocador

Smash Lord
I cant make sigs, sorry if i could id love to help.

And o, i want to be a teacher, how do i do it? Any exams/tests? Or just blackmailing is enough?

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Bump. Maybe this thread would have worked better in the Meet & Greet forum? We should at least find a way to get some good advertising over there. Maybe a link here from one of their stickies or something.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Bump. Maybe this thread would have worked better in the Meet & Greet forum? We should at least find a way to get some good advertising over there. Maybe a link here from one of their stickies or something.

the meet & greet is closing and they will have a sort of guide for anyone who joins, lets get CK to put this thread in that guide, also
Marthage is working on a smash school sig.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I can ask CK.

Hopefully we can get it in, that'll definitely get us more students.

EDIT: Good news! CK is going to add the link! This should hopefully generate a lot more action. Thank CK guys.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Haha, it's pretty fun.

Also guys, if someone taught you in the past and you want to recommend them, that'd be good. (I recommended TUSM from when he taught me a while back).

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Well, since we were just talking about this SOLID, tack up Darkmusician as a suggested teacher, and Ill see what he thinks when I talk to him.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Are you ****ing serious? I only signed up to teach Samus. I made this very clear. Get Luigi and Link away from my name, please.

Jane

Smash Hero
Are you ****ing serious? I only signed up to teach Samus. I made this very clear. Get Luigi and Link away from my name, please.
haha really? REALLY?

Link's head is above your's until we get a Link teacher. It doesn't show that you teach him, just that I needed to fill that space with a new character.
I decided to put :mad:s inbetween so people stop getting confused.
Guys, the mads are breaks. -____-

No offense, just thought I should put this up....
Edit: and besides they are the same character, spam and use Zair.

UncleSam

Smash Master
yeah SOLID remove the :mad: and remove any extra characters until a teacher can fill it. It'll get confusing.
also shouldn't we have a quicklist like DWC had?

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Serris, if a person is teaching multiple characters, THE CHARACTERS WILL BE NEXT TO EACH OTHER. Calm down dang.

Ugh I guess I can do a quicklist, but it's really not that hard to look down the list.

I'm not removing the mads, but I will get rid of characters not being taught, so people like Serris don't flip out.

Top Bottom