• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash O'Clock hosted by PSFM - Geneva, IL

Meneks

Smash Lord
I dont even know what a cash battle is...
And I havent forgotten my money match with ray chun either..

I havent played in like 3 months but NO JOHNS!!!

Tomacawk

Smash Master
are you guys serious???
holy ****, it's been 50 days since it happened and the damage to the gulf of mexico is immeasurable. it is likely that 100% of the deep sea life is going to be exterminated, and i'd be surprised it we have it cleaned up and plants/animals living in the gulf again by the time I'm 40
I am actually boycotting BP for the rest of my life because of this, I would be delighted to hear more supporting that cause
it's already commonly agreed on that more damage, environmental and economic, has been done by this oil spill than hurricane katrina.
just google "bp oil spill" or something like that. all the info you'd ever want

Meneks

Smash Lord
are you guys serious???
holy ****, it's been 50 days since it happened and the damage to the gulf of mexico is immeasurable. it is likely that 100% of the deep sea life is going to be exterminated, and i'd be surprised it we have it cleaned up and plants/animals living in the gulf again by the time I'm 40
I am actually boycotting BP for the rest of my life because of this, I would be delighted to hear more supporting that cause
it's already commonly agreed on that more damage, environmental and economic, has been done by this oil spill than hurricane katrina.
Im surprised people talk about how many days its been since an oil spill has been cleaned..
LOL even small oil spills take years imagine how long THIS one is going to take..

john!

Smash Hero
are you guys serious???
lol i'm pretty sure they were kidding. by the way...

http://steadfastfinances.com/blog/2010/05/22/before-you-protest-identify-who-you-are-really-harming/

a fb friend said:
BP stations are franchised--owned and operated by individual local small businessmen, not run by BP, so boycotting individual stations ultimately hurts the station owners and employees much more than it hurts the corporation. Furthermore, fuel is often sold and traded among oil companies well before it even reaches the pump. The process of cracking and separating crude oil is a relatively long one; it's not as simple as taking oil from a BP-owned well and trucking it directly to the BP gas stations. So you may be buying BP-sourced oil when purchasing gasoline from other stations (Shell, Mobil, Exxon, RaceWay, Hess, Citgo, etc.). Lastly, motor fuels (gasoline, kerosene, diesel, etc.) are not by a long stretch the only products that are based on petroleum products. Ever wonder where the plastics that you use every single day possibly without realizing it come from? Or the asphalt on your driveway?
your efforts would be better spent finding ways to avoid the use of petroleum altogether.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
lol i'm pretty sure they were kidding. by the way...

http://steadfastfinances.com/blog/2010/05/22/before-you-protest-identify-who-you-are-really-harming/

your efforts would be better spent finding ways to avoid the use of petroleum altogether.
regardless of whether or not BP is affected more/less than small business owners is meaningless to me. Anything associated with BP will not be supported by me. My money is my vote; and I will be voting against any sort of collaboration with BP.

ORLY

Smash Master
As long as BP offers cigarettes at 4 AM closer to my house than 7-11, they'll always have my nocturnal business. Sorry, Luke.

On a related note, who's all goin' to Kirk's this weekend? It is this weekend, right?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Yeah the AM/PM by me is the ****. Sorry if they ****ed up and theres an oil leak. it happens dude, everyone makes mistakes. You don't see me boycotting our friendship because you messed up your recovery in tournament at SMYM.

Yeah chris, me and bzoo will be there but idk who else

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Just us from PSFM it looks like, but we are picking up some Brawl kid along the way because I am feeling generous. Can you get a ride to my place Friday Joe?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Just us from PSFM it looks like, but we are picking up some Brawl kid along the way because I am feeling generous. Can you get a ride to my place Friday Joe?
i'll see what i can do. you should ask chris how hes getting there too

Im going to kirks. Not MAS tho.
laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame. i'll try and remember your toothbrush this time XD

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Yeah the AM/PM by me is the ****. Sorry if they ****ed up and theres an oil leak. it happens dude, everyone makes mistakes. You don't see me boycotting our friendship because you messed up your recovery in tournament at SMYM.

Yeah chris, me and bzoo will be there but idk who else
LOL
terrible comparison is terrible

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
hey bro, some dude messed up at his job you messed up on yours. you had to go home with your tail between your legs, that dude got stuck cleaning up oil.

obviously BP didn't want this to happen, idk why you have to treat every mistake like a conceived plot.

ORLY

Smash Master
Ladies, ladies! Can't we all agree that we're slaves to convenience?

Everyone come to Kirk's.

Meneks

Smash Lord
hey bro, some dude messed up at his job you messed up on yours. you had to go home with your tail between your legs, that dude got stuck cleaning up oil.

obviously BP didn't want this to happen, idk why you have to treat every mistake like a conceived plot.
This...

LOL if people are this mad about the oil spill you might as well stop driving altogether JUST so you can reduce the chances of there being another catastrophic oil spill..

Tomacawk

Smash Master
This...

LOL if people are this mad about the oil spill you might as well stop driving altogether JUST so you can reduce the chances of there being another catastrophic oil spill..
that is exactly what I am in favor of
100% renewable energy. no more fossil fuels. but we will never break the chains of the corporate elite and accept a change of lifestyle that requires us giving more thought to politics than the current mass complacency. I think our generation will be the one to make changes; we simply have to wait for the old people to die.
:chuckle:

Tomacawk said:
this mistake is a conceived plot

Meneks

Smash Lord
100% renewable energy. no more fossil fuels. but we will never break the chains of the corporate elite and accept a change of lifestyle that requires us giving more thought to politics than the current mass complacency. I think our generation will be the one to make changes; we simply have to wait for the old people to die.
So are you gonna stop driving now?

john!

Smash Hero
you have good intentions but i think you're going about it the wrong way. you're saying that we should put limits on large energy companies (the ones who conduct the most research regarding alternative energy) by voting in anti-corporatist leaders?

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
you have good intentions but i think you're going about it the wrong way. you're saying that we should put limits on large energy companies (the ones who conduct the most research regarding alternative energy) by voting in anti-corporatist leaders?
this is just a thought, and it COULD be COMEPLETELY WRONG. But if you limited the fossil fuel uses of these large corporations, wouldn't that further encourage them to research alternative fuels because they would want another outlet to make money with.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
these companies are not furthering research, they're preventing it. the electric car was killed so further money can be made. we have the technology, means, know-how, and resources to utilize renewable energy for 100% of the earth's need.
Vegans are so wierd.
How many vegans do you know besides me?

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
i think if everyone decided one day from now on we ride bikes everywhere instead of driving everything would be better

too bad most people are lazy mo truckas

Top Bottom