• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash in 2007: Year in Review

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Melee will rise from the ashes again and blaze a trail of glory for Smash.......hopefully.

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
melee is sooooo much better
Melee will rise from the ashes again and blaze a trail of glory for Smash.......hopefully.
Looks like I'm not the only one who feels this way. Didn't have to look hard to get these quotes ;)

I like how the OP expected Brawl to replace Melee as the main tournament Smash game... those were the days. (When we all thought that.)

I haven't been around much lately, (mostly cause I'm still recovering from "Brawl shock") but is there still a lot of Melee action going around? Like fests, and tourneys?? I'd like to go to one, or maybe host another one sometime. Good stuff. Here's hoping Smash Brothers 4 doesn't follow in the footsteps of Brawl... actually, at this point I almost hope they don't make another Smash, cause I know it will suck. Peace.

EDIT: Oh yeah! Finally an Apprentice!

Fletch

Smash Master
I haven't been around much lately, (mostly cause I'm still recovering from "Brawl shock") but is there still a lot of Melee action going around? Like fests, and tourneys?? I'd like to go to one, or maybe host another one sometime. Good stuff. Here's hoping Smash Brothers 4 doesn't follow in the footsteps of Brawl... actually, at this point I almost hope they don't make another Smash, cause I know it will suck. Peace.
Midwest (specifically Chicago) seems to be more Melee than Brawl lately. People are finally recognizing how limited and boring the game is, and coming back to a real game.

Will make the topic " Smash in 2008: Year in Review " ?
Smash 2008: A community divided and destroyed.

DRD

Smash Lord
Has the community really been "divided and destroyed" while I was away?

Personally I think we should all just go back to melee.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I swear...

I actually wrote the 2008 review about 3 months ago, but then I got caught up with exams, forgot to post it, and now its somewhere lost on a memory stick.

Sigh...

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I swear...

I actually wrote the 2008 review about 3 months ago, but then I got caught up with exams, forgot to post it, and now its somewhere lost on a memory stick.

Sigh...
Wow really? That's unfortunate. ):

This review was really fun to read.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Just finished editing Juggleguy's year in review for 2008/2009 for Melee. You guys are gonna love what he has produced. It is about time this got replaced with a new work of art. Expect it sometime in the coming weeks.

I'm gonna work on a separate Brawl one for 2009 (hopefully).

S.R. XXVII

Smash Ace
Yes! Another review!

This was great to read, considering 07 was the year I started smashing, but I was way to late to attend all of these. Can't wait to read the next reviews. I also look forward to what 2010 holds for Smash.

PB&J

Smash Hero
i started playing in 2007 and didnt go to none of those tounries besides vls..mlg needs to pick melee up again

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Brawl's 2009 year in review is going to be an amazing read. I'm also really looking forward to Melee's 09.

Top Bottom