• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash cancelling? A new AT?

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
I'll conclude testing on midnight, and post my results.

Until then, discuss//

nhat

Smash Rookie
I'll conclude testing on midnight, and post my results.

Until then, discuss//
It's too situational if it is stage dependent so until it can be done on a stage like Battlefield, there's nothing really to discuss to be honest.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Then don't post.
that was uncalled for. The guy is right.
Also, if this is not caused by the level transition, it may still be too hard to be practical:(
but if we can somehow make this usable, it would rock

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
that was uncalled for. The guy is right.
No, he's not. We have legal stages that shift. Castle Siege, Delfino Plaza, etc. We can still do exactly what we would have been able to do before (bait a reaction, punish the reaction), we just can't do it as much was we thought.

Chis is right. If you don't think there's anything to talk about, there's no reason for you to talk.

If anyone needs me, I'm going to go run some tests on Delfino and Battlefield.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Bad news.

Infzy is correct. I've tested it far too long. I shouldn't have tested it in the same place that it happened. I can't remember where else I tested it but probably transition stages. I thought I did it on battle field, but I've been forgetting little things in my on life dues to certain reasons. My mistake :( . I never try and purposely deceive anyone so sorry :(

Also what pure_awesome said.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Well don't beat yourself up, we still have things like Weegee's/Delfino/Castle Siege to be able to bait attacks like this.

It's a nice fakeout when you can bait a reaction from an unsuspecting opponent.

But I was telling you before this, it would have had something to do with a stage transition.

At least you got this noticed across the public to look into it, now people know of a legit stratigy when it comes up.

:093:

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
It's too situational if it is stage dependent so until it can be done on a stage like Battlefield, there's nothing really to discuss to be honest.
No, he's not. We have legal stages that shift. Castle Siege, Delfino Plaza, etc. We can still do exactly what we would have been able to do before (bait a reaction, punish the reaction), we just can't do it as much was we thought.

Chis is right. If you don't think there's anything to talk about, there's no reason for you to talk.

He was saying what he was thinking. I see no harm in that.
Also he said the same thing the guy who uploaded the vid said:laugh: I don't see him getting flamed.

nhat

Smash Rookie

I was merely saying to wait for more results before making a conclusion, that's all. No need to be rude.

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
Well don't beat yourself up, we still have things like Weegee's/Delfino/Castle Siege to be able to bait attacks like this.
I hate to be the bearer of additional bad news, but I couldn't get it to work on any of the legal stages, as it does on Wario Ware. I suspect this has something to do with WarioWare's unique nature, where it switches to a random, essentially independent, stage. This is different from most of our legal stages which shift, but do so in a predictable pattern (Castle Siege), or a very basic way (Luigi's Mansion). I'm going to go double-check the list of counterpick stages to make sure there wasn't anything I missed.

The closest I was able to get was on Delfino Plaza's switch to the island portion of the stage. Unfortunately, it's painfully obvious that the floor drops out, and Sonic clearly goes into his aerial animation, so I doubt this is going to be mindgaming anyone half-decent. There is obviously other ways to get a similar effect, like the flipping of Frigate Orpheon, that are even more... I believe the word is "duh".

Ah well. It was fun while it lasted. Don't kill yourself over it, Chis, we all get mixed up at one point or another. At least you manned up about it.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Was that really called for Cat?

Even though we don't need his sympathy, there's no need to banish people unless they're really stupid.

:090:

P.S. That doesn't include X5, who I still see untapped potential in him/her/it/potato... we just can't find it yet, it's like trying to make Sonic top tier... O.o

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I'd missed you Cat :3

Now, unless we're going to talk about possible uses for this stage transition fsmash cancel, I'm going to report this thread for closure. Y'know, the whole 'new start' crap that most of us will have forgotten about within a week.

Lv. 1 :074:489

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
I'd missed you Cat :3

Now, unless we're going to talk about possible uses for this stage transition fsmash cancel, I'm going to report this thread for closure.489
No.

I'm waiting for discussions and you're not exactly helping with that post. And why should it be closed, testing isn't finished. Now please stopping spamming my thread or I'll start reporting.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
No.

I'm waiting for discussions and you're not exactly helping with that post. And why should it be closed, testing isn't finished. Now please stopping spamming my thread or I'll start reporting.
wait, no to him missing me? or no to closing the thread?

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
No to closing the thread.

Oh, and welcome back cat.

Edit: I'll test this on other characters, stages and other possibilities soon btw.

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
Edit: I'll test this on other characters, stages and other possibilities soon btw.
Works with all characters, as far as I can tell.

There's actually quite a few places on Pokemon Stadium 1&2 that you can get it to work. Mostly to do with platforms that disappear like an inch above the ground, or disrupt you as they're coming out.

Also, every move that can't be performed in the air is interrupted. So while you can cancel DK's DownB instantly, you can't cancel, say, his SideB. I'm actually much more interested in this part, since it means the game must register your character is being in the air for a fraction of a second despite his model clearly never leaving the ground or going through a landing animation. It may just end up being additional insight into why things like the ISJR work when they logically shouldn't.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
There's also several vids of Grabs breaking as a result of the level changing on PS1.

The DMK 2 match has one, I think.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
During stage transitions, yeah, but every character can do it.
It's like, stage interferes with so much stuff. I was playing against g2ftw on Pokemon Stadium, it went to the grass stage, and on the right side of the level I was trying to do a dash attack on some uneven ground, except Sonic went straight into his "fish state" from his fair.

And Chis, I was only suggesting closure because there's not much to discuss now. I didn't want this to degenerate into spam and for everyone to get nice juicy infractions. No need to get offended, son.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Then why don't we talk about Pkmn Stadium 1 glicthes?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but on one or a couple of the transformed stages, the right edge is blocked off, and I usually have to jump to get across it, and if I dash attack I get stuck.

Anybody else notice it?

Browny

Smash Hater
yep, you cant roll dodge past it either lol... I blame that glitch for costing me a match in the last tourney; I went to roll-dodge behind a charizard and just got stuck there and took an fsmash for a silly low % death :(

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
LOL I hate that thing too sometimes, I'm like "oh @#$% I gotta get out of here!" so I roll dodge away from the ledge but Sonic doesn't go anywhere an then I'm all like "wwwhytgrbuyhgbahvb WTF?! :mad: :("

:090:

Tenki

Smash Hero
It's not a glitch.

On the rock stage, the right edge is raised.

I use it to 'cancel' a "fake" SDR (cause it turns into an ASC after you pass the edge lol)

or just trap people who try to roll XD.

I saw it in a Snake stage discussion once lol.

Top Bottom