• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Direct on April 8th, 3pm PST!!

This is almost too perfect. I was considering getting a cheap Wii U Monday through eBay (or wherever I can find one) with my extra money I'm getting. If a release date is announced imma get that bad boy.

Ok it's at 3pm? I know I get out at 3 on Tuesdays so I need to get to the closest wifi on campus. Can you watch a direct through an iTouch/phone?

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Bold predictions.

Ridley (to start it off with a BIG announcement), Mii (which will be taken much better right after such a hype liek Ridley), and then Pac-Man (cuz' we need SOME heartattacks amongst the Viewers).

Trailer focusing on Everything from general gameplay, to Modes, and all that.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
This is going to be big... Really big. I don't think you guys realize the implications of just how big this could be and I'm surprised nobody's is talking about the earth shattering facts that:

1. They launched a Twitter account to celebrate this event.
2. They are giving us a four and a half day notice on all this.

The second one is especially important. Aside from the E3 Directs, there has NEVER been a Nintendo Direct that has been announced more than 24 hours in advance. They want to make sure Smash fans around the world are watching and have plenty of time to prepare. Sakurai: "Got school? Play hooky. Got work? Call in sick. Wife wants you to visit inlaws? Get a divorce. There's no stopping this hype train."

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
This is going to be big... Really big. I don't think you guys realize the implications of just how big this could be and I'm surprised nobody's is talking about the earth shattering facts that:

The second one is especially important. Aside from the E3 Directs, there has NEVER been a Nintendo Direct that has been announced more than 24 hours in advance. They want to make sure Smash fans around the world are watching and have plenty of time to prepare. Sakurai: "Got school? Play hooky. Got work? Call in sick. Wife wants you to visit inlaws? Get a divorce. There's no stopping this hype train."
Never underestimate the prospect of disappointment. It feeds off your hype.

D

Deleted member

I expect AT LEAST 2 newcomers and possibly a couple vet reveals. Outside that, stages, gameplay, modes, misc. stuff, and maybe even a release date if our one true god Sakurai deems us worthy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Groose

Smash Champion
I was expecting one character in April and two characters in June.

Now that is completely switched around. THIS IS OUR HOUR!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So pumped for this! Calling it now new two, snake, Ridley' miis and the release date.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
CAN SOMEONE SAY FOR ME WHAT'S THE HOUR OF DIRECT ON BRAZIL'S TIME ZONE?! I won't go to the college if I need. ;-;

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
So...my predictions:

Release date for the game

A Newcomer

A new Vet

Gameplay details and game modes.

Adventure Mode

Announcement of Demo

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Never underestimate the prospect of disappointment. It feeds off your hype.
It's going to be good at the very least. It may not live up to all our expectations but the fact that E3 is now only a little more than 2 months away means that even if this doesn't end up being the major info dump we all wanted, we won't have to wait long until the big show.

Aduross

Smash Apprentice
Newcomers! Veterans! Stages! Items! Release date! And most importantly, GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE. :D Even if it's short, this has got to have some good stuff.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
So... Why would they be pushing this so hard if the game weren't coming out until the holidays?

I'm calling a june/July release date reveal.

Also, come onnnnnnnnnnn Isaac

To put things in perspective, the last long series of footage we recirved was the developer direct in June of last year, that was 8 minutes, and given the time a lot of information was covered.

This smash bros direct is going to be 45 minutes, 5 times longer than the developer direct, so there is going to be a good amount to show, including the inevitable release date. I would honestly just settle for some gameplay with the current characters, but there will be so much more than that.

With a combination of this direct, Mario Kart approaching shelves soon it seems like a good time to own a Wii U. Now if they have a smash demo available to the public like they did with best buy then system sales will dramatically increase, as getting hands on with the game will drive customers to buy the system.

Imagine if they released smash during the first day of E3? Gaming cluster****.

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
This smash bros direct is going to be 45 minutes, 5 times longer than the developer direct, so there is going to be a good amount to show, including the inevitable release date. I would honestly just settle for some gameplay with the current characters, but there will be so much more than that.
45 minutes of silly screenshots Sakurai took confirmed.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I expect multiple newcomer and veteran reveals. A 45 minute Direct is a hell of a lot of time.

It's very possible that the game will come out before E3 in Japan if they're doing a Direct in early April, so I wouldn't count on E3 reveals.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I was only expecting a newcomer and some new footage. Maybe info about adventure mode. And even if it's only that, I'm fricken PUMPED. Everyone expects so much more and I hope you're all right.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Something tells me we will have another drought after the Smash Direct... and then E3 2014 happens.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's announced to be on my BIRTHDAY, of all days. ;_;

Thank you based Sakurai, you know me too well!

Will be back later with my own hype pics/gifs, and some baseless conjecture.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
While we're obviously going to get a newcomer and such, I'm super hyped for the inevitable amount of gameplay we're going to get. Best case scenario we're going to get a full match.
Hmm...I actually think a full match would be a bit of a waste of time, just talk about specific gameplay bits with relevant footage.

Also, might anyone be so kind to tell me the date and hour this takes place in Venezuela?

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
We're did we get the info that the Direct is 45 minutes long?

45 minutes is a ridiculous amount of time! So much can be covered.

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
Hmm...I actually think a full match would be a bit of a waste of time, just talk about specific gameplay bits with relevant footage.

Also, might anyone be so kind to tell me the date and hour this takes place in Venezuela?
Around 5:30 pm on the same day.

D

Deleted member

I can see us get a couple of veteran reveals, a newcomer or two (or a newcomer and Snake), and a release date.
I'm not going to tremendously hype myself for this Direct. I am just going to keep my expectations low and hope for the best.
EDIT: I also heard someone say that it would be 45 minutes long. I don't think that this will happen. 45 minutes for a game is ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom