• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Direct on April 8th, 3pm PST!!

Renji64

Smash Lord
I thought this was fake at 1st but is real time for me to get rehyped for this game i miss the brawl level hype that was near crackhead level.

Finalefireworker

Smash Rookie
At the bare minimum we should expect a release date.

Which is crazy for hype enough.

But even a realistic expectation is a release date, new footage, and at least one new character.

I am freaking out.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Okay, guys, hear me out on this one.

Smash 4 demo.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Probably going to get a trailer, and a newcomer, and gameplay video, and Yoshi, and some other veterans and.. and... and...
Dunno why people think Yoshi has been held off this long only to be unveiled randomly. It's pretty clear chances are he's going to be tied to promotion of one of his games.

Maybe we will receive a release date!
Tbh if we don't I'll be a bit disappointed. A whole direct based on a game we don't even have an idea when we'll be able to pick up? I'd be fairly grumbly about that.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Me thinks this would be a good time to reveal Mewtwo. Not small enough for a POTD return as a veteran, but not big enough for an E3 reveal.

On a serious note, hopefully this is a sign of more Smash news from now on. Mario Karts release is right around the corner and the next big game down the pipe is Smash.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
We're going to see a release date, for sure! 100% confirmed.

We're going to see some vets. We're going to see some newcomers. We're going to see some modes. We're going to see some stages. We're going to see some items. We're going to see some menus....

We're going to see a FREAKIN' SMASH CENTERED DIRECT.

D

Deleted member

Is this the feeling that you people call 'hype'?
It is strange and unfamiliar to me.
But I like it.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
For reference, the Sakurai confirmation on miiverse. Time to overanalyze the heck out of it, we only have four days to do so

"Congratulations on your appearance Isabelle! I also have another important announcement. On 4/8, at 3 PM PST (8/4 11 PM UK time), we'll be airing a Super Smash Bros. Direct!! There will be all kinds of info about the new Smash Bros. games on this simultaneous global stream that will be delivered "directly" to you, so don't miss it! You'll be able to watch the stream from the official site (www.smashbros.com)."

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Dunno why people think Yoshi has been held off this long only to be unveiled randomly. It's pretty clear chances are he's going to be tied to promotion of one of his games.
How is the first ever Smash direct a random unveil.

Also I was looking at it from the point of view of the person who plans the reveals. If he knew a Smash direct was coming merely 2 weeks after a reveal postponing said reveal until the direct would be a smarter choice as it makes the direct resound more. So with the new information at hand, releasing Yoshi 2 weeks ago would not have been the optimal move, if he was to be revealed 2 weeks ago and I was the marketing director, I would have held him back.

Anyways my post was a joke :p.

PS: The lack of character reveals in the past 5 weeks should hint towards some characters being held back because of the direct.

Last edited:

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
We're going to see a release date, for sure! 100% confirmed.

We're going to see some vets. We're going to see some newcomers. We're going to see some modes. We're going to see some stages. We're going to see some items. We're going to see some menus....

We're going to see a FREAKIN' SMASH CENTERED DIRECT.

I've gotta be honest... My body was not NEARLY ready for what happened here, on this night.

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
"I also have another important announcement.
On 4/8, at 3 PM PST (8/4 11 PM UK time), we'll be airing a Super Smash Bros. Direct!! There will be all kinds of info about the new Smash Bros. games on this simultaneous global stream that will be delivered "directly" to you, so don't miss it!
You'll be able to watch the stream from the official site (www.smashbros.com)."

'all kinds of info'
That's a pretty broad term there.
Newcomers? Veterans? Stages? Release date?!

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
I've gotta be honest... My body was not NEARLY ready for what happened here, on this night.
It's a night for the history books for sure. A huge milestone is about to be reached for Smash 4.

I'm...happy to have been a part of the initial reveal for this Direct.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
So, for all of you who stayed up to see the final POTD for the week...

How do you feel, knowing you got this information before all others?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I was going to ask everyone to tone down the meme and gif mania, but I guess I'll play along.

D

Deleted member

Hideki Kamiya just retweeted the announcement...

Wonder Red and/or Bayonetta in SSB4 confirmed?!?!

(Last time Next Level Games retweeted the announcement & we got Little Mac)

Last edited by a moderator:

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
A new Nintendo direct?
At last?

Entirely devoted to Smash Bros.?

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
So, for all of you who stayed up to see the final POTD for the week...

How do you feel, knowing you got this information before all others?
well id say what i was feeling but it would be 4 letters said over and over again with no spaces untill this page was only my post you can understand why i chose not to do such

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69

Omg Bayonetta or wonder red being playable will make me S*** my pants 5 times in a row and scream like a yaoi fangirl in a gay bar!

DeanAdamFry

Smash Supporter
NNID
DeanAdamFry
3DS FC
2423-3337-0046

Good catch, I'm thinking Wonder Red (since Bayonetta could be too much for the rating the game is currently given) so we will see :D

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
1. when is this eastern time?

2. can you watch later, my internet lags and it would be better for me to watch later.

3. how much of a gap was between the release date and a dedicated direct for a game

4. has there been a focused direct without a release date announced

oh god no :(, has there been someone retweet a tweet that had nothing in the direct ?

Top Bottom