• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Direct on April 8th, 3pm PST!!

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I love newcomers and all, but guys ... a release date. We may possibly get a release date.

This is huge. A direct appears, a twitter account appears ... to me it's like Sakurai saying "all right peeps, we're ready and good to go full exposure on this game. Prepare the presses!"
So yea, I'm freaking excited.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
New stuff gameplay-wise with a character and June-July release date at the end. That is all. *drops the mic.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Super Smash Bros. Direct!!

Hype levels break the scale!

THIS may be why there was no character in March! Prepare for new characters, new footage and loads of new information!

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
So that means I get to watch it at 6 pm on Tuesday... okay, that's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm predicting a newcomer, at least two veterans, changes, stages, new modes, and a release date.

TheBKFAN

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone! Yeah, I've been lurking on the rumors thread for a while but now it seems like there's something worthwhile to talk about! Haha

KingLucasx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LordViLL
They have to show off some past stages in HD. After seeing RainbowRoad in Mk8...

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm expecting Mii for this one, it's a perfect opportunity to explain how they work. Then Pac-Man for E3 I guess.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
They have to show off some past stages in HD. After seeing RainbowRoad in Mk8...
Oh my goodness... that stage is the epitome of every great thing about Mario Kart. Lets hope they remake a stage for smash that is equally as awesome.

TheBKFAN

Smash Cadet
Also what I think we're going to see from this Direct are:
Newcomer: Mii (so Sakurai can talk about how certain features can be transferred from Wii U to 3DS regarding this character, not moves but appearance and such)
Veteran: Yoshi (because it's just about time)
3rd Party Veteran: Snake (If there's any time to reveal Snake if he's in, now is the time. They wouldn't wait until E3 because Pac-Man or any other 3rd Party will be revealed then)
Release Date: I'm going to say June 21st or September 23rd because I'm keeping my hopes up for an earlier release.
Modes: Single Player Mode and Online Mode

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
Excitement! This is probably why they didnt have any returning veteran reveals last month, they are probably going to announce a few new characters, and plenty of returning vets

So much Excite! <3

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
THE HYPE IS OUT OF CONTROL!

Not only do we get a character but we finally get a good look at the game itself.

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
Oh man... This will probably be the biggest thing until E3...

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So it's at 8am for. So I'll have to find a way to watch it at school :ohwell:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Smash Direct Tuesday?

But damnit, it's 30 minutes before I have class and won't have time to see it live.

And I might be disappointing myself but I'm expecting at least 2 characters (maybe 3) from this Direct.

Last edited:

Valyoda

Smash Rookie
NNID
Valyoda
3DS FC
3926-5392-9281

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
I just saw on one of my favourite nintendo fan site ( which is french, so i'll explain to you ) that the direct is gonna show 18+ content. They wonder if Nintendo will show other games like Bayonetta. But I think this can match with Hideki Kamiya's tweet.
The link ( in french ) : http://www.nintendo-town.fr/index.p...r-mercredi-prochain&catid=57:multi&Itemid=235
Nintendo Town is a serious site in France.
They're probably only assuming that because it's post-watershed in France. Where I live, it'll air about 5:00 in the afternoon, so I expect objectionable content to be at a minimum.

Last edited:

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
god no for bayoneta so much more deserving 3rd partys then her

ahannoush4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Drazzle
I literally had dreams all week about waking up to a "Smash Direct" ... And look how our week ended! (Ps first post here!)

Valyoda

Smash Rookie
NNID
Valyoda
3DS FC
3926-5392-9281
They're probably only assuming that because it's post-watershed in France. Where I live, it'll air about 1:00 or 2:00 in the afternoon, so I expect objectionable content to be at a minimum.
It's possible, the direct will be at midnight in France.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The Direct being at 11 PM for me, I'll be watching it live.

I wonder how long it will be, but all can agree that the longer, the better.

Last edited:

Ulti-Bman

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0318-7834-6568
The Hype Train that flew across Rainbow Road in Mario Kart 8's newest update foreshadowed this event.

peachy!

super princess
Oh my, I cannot wait for Tuesday! Like someone above said, the possibilities are endless! I am expecting a newcomer, one or two veteran fighters, gameplay video of new stages and items, and to end it all: the release date.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
god no for bayoneta so much more deserving 3rd partys then her
this is your oppinion be that as it may bayonetta 2 was the reason i preorderd the wiiu.....luigis mansion darkmoon was the reason i bought my 3ds so as you can see i have the highest calibur of taste

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Correct me if I'm wrong but the wording seems like it's a Smash Bros only Direct, which
A. would be the first of it's kind I think?
B. is the first Direct that's going to be watchable on the Smash site?

Dis gone be big I think. I'd say a release date is in the cards

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I'm expecting at least one newcomer and two veteran reveals for this direct. Also tons of gameplay footage and at least a ROUGH estimate of the release date.

I can't decide if my expectations are too low or too high at this point.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Correct me if I'm wrong but the wording seems like it's a Smash Bros only Direct, which

Dis gone be big I think
Yes, it's a Smash-only Direct it seems, much like we had a Pokémon-only Direct before X & Y's release confirm the Mega Kanto starters. And yes, it'll be the first of its kind.

I doubt it's going to be watchable on the Smash site when live, but it's going to be watchable on the Nintendo Direct site.

WIldBam

Smash Apprentice

Dis gone be big I think
You are correct on both accounts good sir, it's the first Nintendo Direct dedicated to smash bros. and it will be on the smash bros site when it airs.

It will be big, I wonder how many veterans we'll get this time, also, since we're getting a direct now, does that mean the game will release in the near future? I'm starting to expect a summer release! ^_^

Last edited:

Blaziken

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4038-6625-0560

Dis gone be big I think
There was the developer direct at E3, which is also viewable on the SSB4 site.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
I don't know if we'll see any more veterans. We've seen loads of characters already; I suspect the rest would be spaced out up to release. I could be wrong, though. I reckon we'll get one newcomer.

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
I don't know if we'll see any more veterans. We've seen loads of characters already; I suspect the rest would be spaced out up to release. I could be wrong, though. I reckon we'll get one newcomer.
To be fair, I think Yoshi should be the last veteran shown revealed if this is the case. Other than that, I'd be okay with it.

Last edited:

WIldBam

Smash Apprentice
I think there should be some, atleast 4. It is a Direct that is dedicated t solely smash bros, they can't have half an hour and not reveal more than 1 veteran. It's possible, but I find it highly unlikely. Plus this gives them a chance to reveal characters like Ness, C. Falcon and others that have no games coming out for them to correspond to a reveal. And it would explain the long drought we've been having.

Top Bottom