• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Direct on April 8th, 3pm PST!!

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Wait...

What is this time stamp theory?
It's pretty far fetched, but at a point in the video Sakurai says "check this out"
If you can pause on the perfect frame, which was difficult to do, you see a time stamp. (an irregular/ non-traditional time stamp)
speculation and theory crafting resulted in a August 1st release date and a roster of 55 characters and 16 newcomers.
After the scene with the time stamp Sakurai says "Did you catch it?"
Sakurai's statements seem to be regarding Samus not transforming into Zero suit, but it's rather obvious and we couldn't "miss it".
So it leads me to believe it's subliminal for catching the time stamp, since it's hidden so well.
Furthermore there was the article by a nintendo rep saying "we missed something" which could have been the significant miss.

Oh yeah! GameExplain brought that up.

But what does that have to do with the characters?
No, Gamexplain's is different from debug mode, which occurs in the top left of the time screen.

The one i'm talking about hasn't been in a gamexplain video, and isn't a regular/ traditional time stamp, so it suggests its something else. Also it's in the bottom right corner.

Last edited by a moderator:

RODO

Smash Ace
It's pretty far fetched, but at a point in the video Sakurai says "check this out"
If you can pause on the perfect frame, which was difficult to do, you see a time stamp. (an irregular/ non-traditional time stamp)
speculation and theory crafting resulted in a August 1st release date and a roster of 55 characters and 16 newcomers.
After the scene with the time stamp Sakurai says "Did you catch it?"
Sakurai's statements seem to be regarding Samus not transforming into Zero suit, but it's rather obvious and we couldn't "miss it".
So it leads me to believe it's subliminal for catching the time stamp, since it's hidden so well.
Furthermore there was the article by a nintendo rep saying "we missed something" which could have been the significant miss.
Do you know at what time it appears in the video?

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah! GameExplain brought that up.

But what does that have to do with the characters?
Absolutely nothing. People are just over-speculating again like they usually do. Nintendo isn't Valve guys, they're not the type of company to do crazy ARG's and put hidden messages in things.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Warning Received
Do you know at what time it appears in the video?
Around 17:28

http://puu.sh/841Vg.png

It's likely a mistake, but the speculation is fun, and it makes for a pretty decent roster when combines with Sal's "leaks".

Absolutely nothing. People are just over-speculating again like they usually do. Nintendo isn't Valve guys, they're not the type of company to do crazy ARG's and put hidden messages in things.
Pacman says hi

Once it's been seen it can't be unseen.

go rewatch greninja trailer... do it. lol

Last edited by a moderator:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Yeah, there is no possible way that could just be a coincidence and people over-thinking things. Again. But what do I know?
"You're a detective now, son. You're not allowed to believe in coincidence anymore."
- Commissioner Gordon, in The Dark Knight Rises

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The time mark is odd...

Don't think it means anything though.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
The time mark is odd...

Don't think it means anything though.
After watching the video again, that time stamp is in a very cleverly hidden place. Either someone completely missed it, which seems unlikely because I mean, really, do people still use time stamps in digital video? Or they craftily hid it in there. It's hard to say, but it does seem suspicious.

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
The European Direct also called the Wii U Kid Icarus stage "Skyworld" instead of "Palutena's Temple". While both names are correct, I think the "Skyworld" name may cause confusion with the Brawl stage, so I hope they change it to Palutena's Temple.

Then again, we've had 3 stages called Yoshi's Island so it's not a big deal.
I wonder why they changed it..that's odd

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Let's hope that time mark really means there's 16 newcomers, hehe.

When Brawl was just some months away from being released, how many of the newcomers had we seen? Officially, that is?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Let's hope that time mark really means there's 16 newcomers, hehe.

When Brawl was just some months away from being released, how many of the newcomers had we seen? Officially, that is?
We knew Meta Knight, Pit, Wario, Dedede, Olimar, Zero Suit, actually, I think we knew about all newcomers except for toon link and wolf.

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
I realised Spanish Direct says "Reino del Cielo" ("Sky Realm", "Sky Kingdom") instead of "Templo de Palutena" ("Palutena's Temple"). It happened in European English version too (Skyloft instead of Palutena's Temple). It's odd... Does anybody know why?

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
I realised Spanish Direct says "Reino del Cielo" ("Sky Realm", "Sky Kingdom") instead of "Templo de Palutena" ("Palutena's Temple"). It happened in European English version too (Skyloft instead of Palutena's Temple). It's odd... Does anybody know why?
bad translation or maybe or called different things in different regions which i cant see.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Don't you mean Skyworld?

Last edited:

spader13

Smash Journeyman
While I think the time stamp theory is just people reading way too much into it, that potential mock up roster for it would be one I'd enjoy quite well if it actually happened.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I put no stock in the timestep, but would love for it to be true and we have 55 characters

ZealRed

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZealRed
3DS FC
5026-4454-7119
I might be late, but after rewatching the Smash Bros Developer Direct, I noticed that the Final Destination version of Battlefield was shown(many months before the announcement). I really don't know if anybody else has mentioned this already, I just thought it was interesting to see.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I might be late, but after rewatching the Smash Bros Developer Direct, I noticed that the Final Destination version of Battlefield was shown(many months before the announcement). I really don't know if anybody else has mentioned this already, I just thought it was interesting to see.
Yes others noticed. It caused a bit of speculation as to whether FD used the same design as Battlefield or if FD wasn't designed yet.

Top Bottom