• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Direct on April 8th, 3pm PST!!

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I'm hoping it's another WFT situation - something our online culture is predominantly thought to censor out of our thought process. Seriously, we try and think we know what a WTF character is but we seriously can't determine one, hence G&W, ROB and WFT. Our way of thinking causes us to not think outside the box.

So, with that, this Smash Bros will have a Smash Exclusive character as a total tribute to Nintendo. Just a theory, probably an endgame type of boss.
Nah, I prefer a Hanafuda character if it's really going to represent Nintendo from the start.

ActionHankBeard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ActionHankBeard
I'm hoping it's another WFT situation - something our online culture is predominantly thought to censor out of our thought process. Seriously, we try and think we know what a WTF character is but we seriously can't determine one, hence G&W, ROB and WFT. Our way of thinking causes us to not think outside the box.

So, with that, this Smash Bros will have a Smash Exclusive character as a total tribute to Nintendo. Just a theory, probably an endgame type of boss.
There's been original characters created for Smash since Melee. 64 if you consider the Master Hand a character.

Snakeyes

Smash Journeyman
well i personally think shulk is boring. buts thats because iv played way 2 many rpgs and read much to much manga iv seen his personality like 63 times before. I also hated the bad story writing in game but thats me.
I don't even think he's "boring". Shulk is a good character with an interesting story arc and Xenoblade is an amazing game - it's just that a guy who can switch between a bunch of different weapons on the fly has more potential for a unique moveset. Yes, even despite the fact that the Monado can extend, shoot energy blasts and create barriers.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
E3 is after the board of directors would be voted on.
I understand that.

Oh, and.
(that guy's me)
Well, that's quite the conspiracy theory you have there.

So let me say this:
Knowing how well he's served Nintendo, I doubt he'll go anywhere.
But let's imply that his job is on the line.

If the idea is to bring in the dough, wouldn't it be better to wait for the right opportunity then just to send it out and hope for the best?
Wouldn't that mean he makes great decisions in terms of marketing?
Isn't the idea quality over quantity?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If that's an official art for Nintendogs games... it would be weird to see a silhouette of a woman in purple high heels fighting with her pet dog in Smash... but she would contrast from Wii Fit Trainer.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
That would be rather interesting if they did a site update after the Direct, made character movesets more apparent and worked it all in and whatnot. Do I expect it? No. Do I want it? Hell to the yeah.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Simon Belmont.
He's all I want.
The coolest guy.
Please, Sakurai.

I picked team Konami in the "pick a team thread" because I think that IF Snake is back, this would be the time to show him, and because I really want either Simon Belmont or Bomberman as the next third party character.... I realistically have almost 0 hope for either of them, though.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
E3 is after the board of directors would be voted on.

(that guy's me)
Yes, full Directs happen bimonthly. Not on any specific day, but they always (or at least thus far?) happened once every two months.

Your last point is pretty valid though. This isn't a full Nintendo Direct (or console one), but a themed one.

Not to speculate on higher-ups going ons, but Iwata's job is indoubtedly to save his own *** and bring his strongest stuff to the front over the next couple months. He does have limited time and he is also in charge of Nintendo. I think it's reasonable to say that he is able to call the shots there and put pressure where he likes... imo we are likely to get a release date if nothing else. Think about older themed directs up to now, there's never been one that didn't have a release imminent.
You are not a short giraffe I am sorry.

(I do agree we will probably get release date). I just really don't think that it will be within the next 3 months even and that the reasoning w/ Iwata is really flawed.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
See? Fatmanonice backed my claims. :cool:

In the beginning, I was very awful... I was like Diddy Kong with his Impa propaganda... I dealt with trolls and haters on Nsider for many months but there were few people who liked the idea (I planted the idea in their minds)... when Nsider shut down, my propaganda was put to a hiatus... but I was pleasantly surprised to see many people complaining about the lack of Duck Hunt Dog on the Brawl final roster... and I resumed my propaganda here... gotten in arguments with Smashchu over it... used MS Paint to illustrate my moveset ideas... created the support thread here... and I was also glad to find out that there were other people who independently supported Duck Hunt Dog and included him in Crusade without my persuading them to do so. I got the snowball rolling and now it is rolling down on its own... at this point, I would be grateful for at least an Assist Trophy and/or a stage.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
For some reason when I saw the update for the nintendo direct I instantly thought of Mario Kart 7's Rainbow Road theme.

It also made me think a lot of rosalina.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Gosh, your hype trains are so lame.

Hype Train 99.jpg

Get on my level.

I'm predicting 2 newcomers and 3-4 veterans for the Direct. Might be too much, but I could see it happening. I just really want R.O.B. confirmed. But he'll probably be secret until release. :crying:

domriver

Smash Lord
I know im late but O M G a Direct dedicated for Smash Brothers!?!?!?!?!?!

* my reaction when I opened up the official website for Smash*

*After I realized it was a Nintendo Direct I was like*

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
I'm going to join #TeamPalutena and #TeamChrom.

I highly doubt these will happen.

#6thGenPokemonTrainer

Last edited:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Yep, Nintendo's pulling something BIG!

I mean SO BIG that they even added an official character banner. Plus, even the website got updated for it.

SSb4 banner.PNG

It includes crooked Pikmin and Olimar, and Pikachu-with-ears-so-big-they-cut-into-Bowser's-and-Fox's-portraits.

Something is HUGE is happening.

Mod I didn't know this was already posted. Please understand!

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Does anyone else think Monday's pic of the day might add some coal into the Hype Trains engines? :smirk:

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Speaking of the official character banner, we are currently at 24 characters. 12 of which were shown at the first E3, and the other 12 via the website. Just thought that was pretty cool to point out.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Smash 4 2048 game while we wait till Tuesday

http://games.usvsth3m.com/2048/smash-edition-4/
Melee version is better (like always :troll:) This one has them in tier order, so it's a bit neat in that regard.
http://games.usvsth3m.com/2048/super-smash-bros-melee-edition/
http://games.usvsth3m.com/2048/super-smash-bros-melee-edition/
Does anyone else think Monday's pic of the day might add some coal into the Hype Trains engines? :smirk:
Rosalina's sleeping animation. I'd be suprised if it isn't filler, really.

Last edited:

Marakatu

Smash Ace
Sorry, but was anything relevant said in the last 20 or so pages? I gave up keeping track on page 29. There were just people posting hashtags and making predictions.

LightningVance

Smash Apprentice
I love how Pikachu has no intention of staying in his own Box. XD
I noticed this as well
This direct will then be slightly geared towards a Pokemon character.
My main is back!

...in all actuality there aren't any newcomers left over that I really care about (unless we're counting Mewtwo as a newcomer) so I really just wanna see updated veterans and some gameplay footage.
And a snippet of the CGI opening please.

Top Bottom