• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Direct on April 8th, 3pm PST!!

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
Baby Mario and Baby Luigi would make a pretty fitting/interesting combo in a tagteam sense, even though I'm pretty much lukewarm to them outside the context of Mario & Luigi.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
But that takes all the fun out of the hype!
I'm hyped at the many possibilities. Who will be revealed? What will Sakurai talk about? What other new stuff will be shown? New items in action? Music? More stages? Character mechanics? New game modes? Many, many questions to be answered... or not.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Tons of people expected Little Mac. A lot of people considered him one of the most likely even before these games were officially announced.
OH nono, I know that. I mean on that particular direct, who was thinking Mac was gonna be revealed? It was all Diddy/Dixie/Diddy+Dixie. I meant it in turns of everyone trying to predict the Direct and being so off lol.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I'm hyped at the many possibilities. Who will be revealed? What will Sakurai talk about? What other new stuff will be shown? New items in action? Music? More stages? Character mechanics? New game modes? Many, many questions to be answered... or not.
Please, any music BUT Endless Possibilities!!

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
Do you think (maybe) Sakurai would feature a Q&A segment in the Direct?

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I've gotten REALLY hyped up over smash these last couple days.

I hope Marshal is revealed tuesday. I mean, he even comes with his own hype train!

so what are you guys thinking? I mean, there's unlimited corners possibilities on Tuesday for smash, so there's gotta be something new....

Last edited:

Gonoji

Smash Cadet
About the online, I have a feeling that in some way taunt matches will be nullified. I thought Brawl's taunt matches were hilarious, but after a while, they did get annoying. About this time last year Sakurai said this when someone asked him about online taunt matches, or matches were nobody really attacks:

"I'd like people to take some freer approaches with their gameplay, but the sort of battle style you describe in your letter is not interesting or fun. That's why I'll probably be thinking of a way to deal with that in the next game. We've learned a lot about net play since Brawl was released, after all, so a lot more is possible."
http://www.polygon.com/2013/3/13/40...mash-bros-brawl-online-isnt-exactly-thrilling
So if anything is to come out of this Direct, I expect some online details. :bluejump:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Ehh... Post music all you want, but you might want to be a little careful about posting too many embedded videos to avoid lag.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Ehh... Post music all you want, but you might want to be a little careful about posting too many embedded videos to avoid lag.
If it gets too heavy, the mods can come in and put all the videos in spoilers, no? It may be a bit of work, but I think it'd be worth it.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well, worse case.
Spoilers.

...But with that said.

I'd love if this was put in Smash.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
If it gets too heavy, the mods can come in and put all the videos in spoilers, no? It may be a bit of work, but I think it'd be worth it.
It helps, but the best way to minimize lag is just posting links to the videos instead of embedding them.

insomniac19

Smash Journeyman
I'm hoping for lots of content but it's definitely safe to assume that we'll be getting at least one character reveal: newcomer or veteran.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Oh gawd, where did all of the legit talk go to....
I want some inside info on that 1P Adventure mode please, and some online, along with some of the "customization between 3DS and Wii-U" talk

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Bad taste? It really hurts so bad I had trouble walking the next day! :troll:
I'm saying its a bad taste in a joke. Anyway.

what would anyone say is the MOST likely feature/aspect to be shown off?

I'm pretty set on the connectivity between the two versions.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
They sure are giving us a great reward after the lack of character reveal last month, and for some reason i'm expecting more than one character this time, maybe a veteran and a newcomer.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

Gonoji

Smash Cadet
if sakurai has a Q&A the first thing I would ask him is how his hand condition is.
This would be great if Sakurai did a Q&A. Everyone is gonna be watching this Direct, but not everyone knows about his calcific tendinitis and the daily pain he goes through developing this game. It would get the word out and make people more appreciative of him.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
This would be great if Sakurai did a Q&A. Everyone is gonna be watching this Direct, but not everyone knows about his calcific tendinitis and the daily pain he goes through developing this game. It would get the word out and make people more appreciative of him.
Google Plus Q&A Hangout at Sakurai's house confirmed for Tuesday's Direct.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Think so? This is the last Nintendo direct before E3 and before Iwata has to be voted in/out. Don't you think they'd want to bring their A game?
Still...
Wouldn't it just make more sense to hold it off till Fall?
And then make E3 the "Grand Finale"?

Top Bottom