• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Direct on April 8th, 3pm PST!!

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I've never really tried before, but can't you just delete them and redownload them and get the amount of tries to reset?
Nyet. Your 3DS/Wii U remembers if you have already downloaded that demo.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Are you people stupid? What's wrong with the baby characters on Mario Kart?

Gonoji

Smash Cadet
I hope they don't give even a second screen-time to CGI trailer. CGI's are just unneccessary, purely aesthetic, meaningless add-on videos with no replay value.
I like the trailers, but I know what you mean. Sakurai really likes his CGI. I recall him saying in an interview that's how he wants every major reveal for the game to come out. The only 'trailer' is still want is the opening movie, which PLEASE let it be like Melee, and have it end with "SUPER SMAAAAAAASH BROTHERSSSSS!!" :yeahboi:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Exactly.
Tired of seeing all of these 3rd party characters getting more love on this forum than Nintendo characters.
Most of these people just pick up a Nintendo console for Smash, which isn't uncommon, but boy does it grind my gears when they start putting down other people's opinions because they don't know the character or haven't played their game. Some dumb *** employee at Best Buy was trying to convince me that Master Chief is an actual possibility for this game, and claimed he had a better chance of making it in than Sonic did. I just didn't feel the need to waste my time with that conversation.

This is a Nintendo's All-Star game, can't believe people can keep forgetting that.
If there are supporters of the Duck Hunt Dog, let them support him. Aside from that being a ridiculously cool and unique addition, Duck Hunt is a HUGE Nintendo game that did wonders for the NES. I'm not knocking Xenoblade Chronicles at all, but Duck Hunt is a much more important series to Nintendo that has yet to be properly represented, and I would take that dog over Shulk anyday.
I agree 100%. I get so frustrated reading posts about Master Chief or Goku or Sora having potential to be in Smash. It's so wildly out of line, at least for someone who knows Nintendo and has been a fan since childhood, that it makes me sick. I'd spend effort to give them a counterargument, but it's just not worth my time.

The only reason I'm rooting for Pac-Man to be in this version isn't sheerly out of fanboyism, it's because he actually has a chance this time. Most other third-party characters I consider pipe dreams.

Nyet. Your 3DS/Wii U remembers if you have already downloaded that demo.
Dang. Was hoping there was some way to delete your special data or something for that demo and get the uses back.

I want Baby Toad in Mario Kart. :troll:
I uhh... I actually want to see that. Baby Toad would be downright adorable, just like cat-suit Toad was.

Last edited:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Hey, at least Baby Peach has actually appeared in several canon games. Baby Daisy was literally pulled out of Nintendo's ***, much like a certain purple, mustachioed anti-hero.
I know, she's not as bad as Baby Daisy, but I just...hate baby characters. I'd rather have someone like Petey or...Fawful than any baby character.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
-walks out, laughing-
Metal Mario is an independent character in the Mario universe, usually being one of the fiercer end-game opponents in the Mario sport games or Super Smash Bros. series. He is a spin-off from Metal Mario [the power-up], which is a form of Mario, rather than a distinct character. Metal Mario often plays the role of Mario's rival.
-Source

Antagonist would have been a better term, but my point stands.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Here's what I would like to see:

- Start off with a newcomer trailer.
- Have Sakurai spend 15+ mins talking about differences between versions, new modes, online, cross-compatibility, and time window for release.
- End with a two-minute demo match between the development team.

Last edited:

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789

- Have Sakurai spend 15+ mins talking about differences between versions, new modes, online, cross-compatibility, and time window for release.
Omg a reasonable request and on topic! Where is my pitch fork and torch.

Gonoji

Smash Cadet
Metal Mario is an independent character in the Mario universe, usually being one of the fiercer end-game opponents in the Mario sport games or Super Smash Bros. series. He is a spin-off from Metal Mario [the power-up], which is a form of Mario, rather than a distinct character. Metal Mario often plays the role of Mario's rival.
-Source

Antagonist would have been a better term, but my point stands.
So what we REALLY need is Baby Metal Mario. :nifty:

D

Deleted member

Does anyone have a countdown timer until this airs?

I have no idea what the heck PT time is.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
Why not just go even further and make Baby Baby Mario? Just have a big nosed fetus with a red cap and 'stache attached to the wheel and boom.

Last edited:

Gavitro

Smash Cadet
This is almost becoming like the Rumors and Leaks thread, where it can't be up for 30 minutes without some sort of off-topic conversation.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

And then a second newcomer reveal, amirite?

SpindaMaster

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3136-6569-2540
This is almost becoming like the Rumours and Leaks thread, where it can't be up for 30 minutes without some sort of off-topic conversation.
It's kind of ridiculous. Did you hear that Spinda is now playable in Street Fighter?

xxEliteAlicexx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xxEliteAlicexx
It feels like the last two pages have been nothing but Mario Kart related and is blowing me away from the Smash hype (so please people, back on topic). Can we all get back onboard the hype train and talk about the possibilities of this Smash Direct and not blow off other people's opinion?

Last edited:

Gonoji

Smash Cadet
Why not just go even further and make Baby Baby Mario? Just have a fetus with a red cap attached to the wheel and boom.
Baby Baby Mario for Smash. I can already picture the homepage and official art: just a wet fetus with an incredibly small Mario hat laying in the middle of Battlefield in the foreground, with Link, Samus, and Pikachu staring in disgust, and Mario behind them vomiting.

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
Hmm I guess out of all the characters i want revealed i want is chrom. im not into the palutena hype since i want hades.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
The main problem is the inclusion of spin-off only babies.
So, spin-off only original characters like Waluigi and Toadette are allowed but spin-off only baby characters like Baby Daisy are not allowed? I don't think so... it has everything to do with Daisy. People hate Daisy and everything related to Daisy.

Top Bottom