• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Direct on April 8th, 3pm PST!!

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Warning Received
Simon Belmont.
He's all I want.
The coolest guy.
Please, Sakurai.

My Negro!

That's what i'm talking 'bout! I would love to see Simon Belmont!
I think that would also round out the Captain N cast.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Do you guys think we are getting something unexpected like say Diskun or another WTF character?
Takamaru could actually count as these since the only people who really know who he is are die hard Nintendo fans. As far as actual WTF characters, maybe Tingle but, given how much he's hated in NA, I don't think Sakurai would risk isolating such a huge portion of the fanbase when it's obvious that they're wanting to go all out with this Direct.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Takamaru could actually count as these since the only people who really know who he is are die hard Nintendo fans. As far as actual WTF characters, maybe Tingle but, given how much he's hated in NA, I don't think Sakurai would risk isolating such a huge portion of the fanbase when it's obvious that they're wanting to go all out with this Direct.
Was the Wii Fit Trainer not WTF enough?

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Ridley also has his chances, much to my dismay.
Don't worry there is a cure for the life threatening disease known as "not being a Ridley supporter." If you doubt the "life threatening" part, consider George Washington. Do you think he was a Ridley supporter? Of course not! And where is he now? Dead!

The cure isn't even painful. In fact, quite the opposite. The cure is the wave of awesomeness and SNES nostalgia that can only be unleashed by playing Super Metroid. So go get some Super Metroid into your system stat!

Last edited:

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Don't worry there is a cure for the life threatening disease known as "not being a Ridley supporter." If you doubt the "life threatening" part consider George Washington. Do you think he was a Ridley supporter? Of course not! And where is he now? Dead!

The cure isn't even painful. In fact, quite the opposite. The cure is the wave of awesomeness and SNES nostalgia that can only be unleashed by playing Super Metroid. So go get some Super Metroid into your system stat!
I think Sakurai will stay true to Ridley's original portrayal:
To big to be a normal character, put in background.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
There's so much wrong with this, but I'll ask you to take it to the Ridley thread.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Your opinions are wrong, plain and simple.

Olimar should be an item, he's too small.
^
That's how stupid Ridley detractors sound.

Last edited:

Ascended

Smash Ace
While I'm a Ridley supporter, at this point I mainly want him confirmed just to see the meltdowns from the detractors. (Ohhh, how evil.) =3

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Your opinions are wrong, plain and simple.

Olimar should be an item, he's too small.
^
That's how stupid Ridley detractors sound.
There you go, stating opinion as fact and name calling.

I don't care much for Ridley, but he's clearly going to make it in. Ridley supporters seem to have little understanding of scale, but I honestly don't care.
Long time viewers may even remember what I said back on page 14, where I predicted he would be in this next direct.

I was simply referencing the fact that, in Metroid, Ridley was too big to be a normal sprite, so he was depicted with an animated background, making him quite literally a component of the stage. That's all.
While I'm a Ridley supporter, at this point I mainly want him confirmed just to see the meltdowns from the detractors. (Ohhh, how evil.) =3
The only thing that's going to happen is a metric ****-ton of gloating from annoying, self-righteous Ridley fans.

Edit: And maybe "Toobigots" making fun of how puny he is next to Samus, compared to his scale in Brawl.

Last edited:

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx

I don't care much for Ridley, but he's clearly going to make it in. Ridley supporters seem to have little understanding of scale, but I honestly don't care.
Long time viewers may even remember what I said back on page 14, where I predicted he would be in this next direct.

I was simply referencing the fact that, in Metroid, Ridley was too big to be a normal sprite, so he was depicted with an animated background, making him quite literally a component of the stage. That's all.

The only thing that's going to happen is a metric ****-ton of gloating from annoying, self-righteous Ridley fans.

Edit: And maybe "Toobigots" making fun of how puny he is next to Samus, compared to his scale in Brawl.
How is it clear that he's going to get in? I don't know why so many Ridley supporters get so bent out of shape when people feel differently then they do. I personally don't believe Ridley will make it. If he does, good for him, I don't care. But supporters of him don't need to be so rude when people disagree. This is all predetermined and beyond our control, regardless of our support.

Anyway, I can't think of any of characters that could be revealed besides Issac his month...unless anyone else thinks otherwise?

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Just because you have doubts (maybe even more doubt then anything else really) doesn't mean you can't be a supporter. Ridley isn't a religion. At least not yet anyway.

Personally I don't think he'll make it in, for various reasons (none of which I care to get into here for fear of starting a Ridley debate). But that just makes being a supporter all the better, as if he were unveiled Tuesday the doubts would make victory all the sweeter. Huh? I actually came full circle back to the topic. How did that happen? Guess I better start talking about waifus or something, but then again that belongs in the "Rumors and Leaks" thread.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658

Ridley supporters seem to have little understanding of scale, but I honestly don't care.
Wow, somebody who has a sense of scale, holy carp.
While i think the whole size thing for Ridley is a meh subject, the counterpoint of kirby and olimar is baseless due to them both being moderately sized within the scale of their own games.

I honestly do want Ridley announced though, He'd look amazing and if he's Ridley sized then it would be hilarious.

Last edited:

Godking123

Smash Journeyman
I know Ridley is being revealed. He was long overdue to be disconfirmed like the Yellow devil, if he was not playable. HE IS IN

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I hoping this Direct will end at least one of the debates that been going on since the game was announced:

-Ike vs Chrom
-Ridley too big or not
-Mewtwo vs Lucario

I'm so sick of all three of these...

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
How is it clear that he's going to get in? I don't know why so many Ridley supporters get so bent out of shape when people feel differently then they do. I personally don't believe Ridley will make it. If he does, good for him, I don't care. But supporters of him don't need to be so rude when people disagree. This is all predetermined and beyond our control, regardless of our support.
But I wasn't defending Ridley... And made it as clear as I could that I don't support him...
I think you might have not read the previous posts there...

Edit: I've already said this, but I think Ridley is in because he has been hinted at pretty clearly, and Sakurai wouldn't deliberately be a jerk to his fan base.
Just because you have doubts (maybe even more doubt then anything else really) doesn't mean you can't be a supporter. Ridley isn't a religion. At least not yet anyway.
Either this is a nonsequitor, or I'm very tired...
...I must be very tired.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I hoping this Direct will end at least one of the debates that been going on since the game was announced:

-Ike vs Chrom
-Ridley too big or not
-Mewtwo vs Lucario

I'm so sick of all three of these...
But... what would everyone talk about?

Grinch21X

Smash Apprentice
Im still hopeful for Isaac, but at this point I dont think its likely at all. I REALLY want to see what the god damn "customization" in the 3DS version is already.

WIldBam

Smash Apprentice
I wonder if Sakurai will talk about DLC, it would be cool if there was DLC, not necessarily for characters but like fore bonus stages, or perhaps stages from previous games that won't make it onto this game for retail. Would be cool as something extra, and I can totally see myself spending up to 5$ on a pack of all these stages...maybe 8$.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I was simply referencing the fact that, in Metroid, Ridley was too big to be a normal sprite, so he was depicted with an animated background, making him quite literally a component of the stage. That's all..
I don't mean to argue. I'm just asking what you mean here.

Cause Ridley was never just in the background of a Metroid game.

Grinch21X

Smash Apprentice
I wonder if Sakurai will talk about DLC, it would be cool if there was DLC, not necessarily for characters but like fore bonus stages, or perhaps stages from previous games that won't make it onto this game for retail. Would be cool as something extra, and I can totally see myself spending up to 5$ on a pack of all these stages...maybe 8$.
Or ****ing alternate costumes.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Im still hopeful for Isaac, but at this point I dont think its likely at all. I REALLY want to see what the god damn "customization" in the 3DS version is already.
Didn't Sakurai say the directionality of moves will be changed?
Probably means you can alter angles characters are trajected when hit with selected moves.

still curious for clarification thorough.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Personally I don't think he'll make it in, for various reasons (none of which I care to get into here for fear of starting a Ridley debate). But that just makes being a supporter all the better, as if he were unveiled Tuesday the doubts would make victory all the sweeter. Huh? I actually came full circle back to the topic. How did that happen? Guess I better start talking about waifus or something, but then again that belongs in the "Rumors and Leaks" thread.
I could tell you otherwise just by taking a look at his fanbase. Not directed at anyone in particular, but his fanbase is one of the most self-righteous and arrogant fanbases I've ever seen, thoroughly convinced that he's the definitive character and no one else, and it's part of the reason I don't really care for him much. I wouldn't decry his inclusion, because I'm not a douche, but I wouldn't be jumping for joy either.

We should probably take this to the Ridley support thread; avoid getting off topic.

Last edited by a moderator:

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
I wanna hear some features of the gamepad, and if there are any special match setups using it has a 5th player, or a crowd control (oohs, ahhs, chanting), live stage editing (springs, items, etc), or whatever else they could come up with.

Top Bottom