• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Direct on April 8th, 3pm PST!!

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
I don't mean to argue. I'm just asking what you mean here.

Cause Ridley was never just in the background of a Metroid game.
In the first Metroid, he was the background. He looked like a sprite, and acted like a sprite, but he was actually an animated background because the NES can only do 8x8 sprites, even an 8x16 was two sprites stitched together.
I think he meant where did you find that banner? Was it on nintendo's facebook page or something?
http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/04-08-2014/

Last edited:

DarrylTrainer

Smash Apprentice

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Maybe you misunderstood me. Directionality was stated to be the means of customization.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/smashing-the-definition-of-smash-bros/1100-6410475/
Perhaps the best way to think of it is: it's not the strength of the attacks that change--their power--but the directionality of those attacks will change with customization

Last edited:

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
I like how Pikachu's ears take priority over Fox and Bowser.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So Monolith soft tweeted about the direct.

Shulk?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
He said with customization. Maybe more is to be told.
??? Yes....??? Lol sorry, i'm not sure what you are getting at. Like I already said, directionality will play a role in customization.

we know it wont be appearance or strength. But something with direction. It could be something similar to Little Mac's F smash, who knows.

Last edited:

ppbto

Smash Journeyman
The hype is out of the limits, so many things could happen. I expect at least a newcomer or some veterans.

WIldBam

Smash Apprentice
She didn't say anything about the Direct, she's just expressing interest in the game so I'm not sure that means much on its own, at least compared to Little Mac's situation where they directly referred to the Direct.
Plus by the reply she made, she could just be like one of us who is excited to get new information. She doesn't necessarily have information that we don't

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
So Monolith soft tweeted about the direct.

Shulk?
Sakurai made a miiverse post about the direct... Palutena? :troll:

It certainly hints at Shulk. Maybe the developer and Sakurai are in on an elaborate joke. One where Shulk isn't in the direct but is still a character in the game. and they just tease and tease...

Last edited:

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
a release date or month needs to be announced, do you think they have a major direct and not announce a date?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think, knowing Nintendo, it's possible this Direct comes and goes without a release date, however I think that would be unlikely.

If they're going to have a Direct solely about Smash, seems like they'd want to capitalize off that hype both by having it release sooner than later and letting people know when they'll be able to get their hands on the game they're showcasing, at least narrowing it down to the month.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
I think, knowing Nintendo, it's possible this Direct comes and goes without a release date, however I think that would be unlikely.

If they're going to have a Direct solely about Smash, seems like they'd want to capitalize off that hype both by having it release sooner than later and letting people know when they'll be able to get their hands on the game they're showcasing, at least narrowing it down to the month.
FYI, 2 days remain. Don't give me an infraction.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
So this Shulk person I keep hearing about... he's not another sword character, is he? *eyetwitch*

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I think in terms of a release date, we'll get Q2, Q3 or Q4 in the direct, and then something a bit more specific at E3.

Top Bottom