• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Direct on April 8th, 3pm PST!!

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
am I the only one hoping for no demo? It will rob the feeling of playing the game for the first time because ik I will not be able to resist downloading it.

SuperSah

Smash Cadet
NNID
SuperSah
3DS FC
4425-2273-6142
Ah, well that's awesome. It's Always neat when you recognie someone on a totally different site. Among the countless other users, lol.

But anywho. Yeah, I'm sure there'll be 3DS footage this time, We've not seen it since E3. And going by the screenshots, the 3DS version looks much better now.
No worries. :)

I sure hope they show some 3DS footage off, it's been almost a year.

AbbiDood

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShadyLion
Warning Received
I'm late to the party, but the hype is certainly real.

Last edited by a moderator:

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
Whew, finally caught up to the 50th page. Tuesday cannot come soon enough.

On topic, who was talking about the possibility of a Duck Hunt stage? Because that could be really cool. Like, imagine there's just like a typical stage-and-three-platforms kinda set-up, but then in the background there is a game of Duck Hunt going on. And every once in awhile, a gunshot sound goes off and massive damage is dealt to everyone in a randomly selected small area of the stage (where the gunshot went). Hopefully there would be a targeting indicator so people could get out of the way (or better yet, grab your opponent and toss them into it just in time for them to be blasted away). Finally, the Duck Hunt Dog could have his day in Sm4sh by collecting the fallen ducks in the background, if no one is hit by the shot or something.

"King DeDeDe's hammer is a unique weapon." - Ice Climbers 2014 (Please let them back in!)

As for newcomer reveals come Tuesday, I want Ridley and Palutena.....TO BE DECONFIRMED! Or put them in the game, either way let's give some other characters a chance to dream.

Last edited:

Priap0s

Smash Journeyman
Oh lord, when I came online yesterday and saw this thread it already had 32 pages. I descided to go through it all (please, don't ask me why). When I finished reading page 25 I was completly drained of energy and had to stop. My brain felt like a big blob so I left the browser open and thought I'd come back today and catch up the rest. So I get back here today and:
BOOOOOOOM, 51 pages!!!.......
I give up. I might have missed a few hashtags and hype-gifs on the way when skipping from page 26 to page 51, but it feels good to finally participate in this epic thread. Tueasday can't come soon enough, hype is to much to handle!

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Oh lord, when I came online yesterday and saw this thread it already had 32 pages. I descided to go through it all (please, don't ask me why). When I finished reading page 25 I was completly drained of energy and had to stop. My brain felt like a big blob so I left the browser open and thought I'd come back today and catch up the rest. So I get back here today and BOOOOOOOM, 51 pages!!!.......

I give up. I might have missed a few hashtags and hype-gifs on the way when skipping from page 26 to page 51, but it feels good to finally participate in this epic thread. Tueasday can't come soon enough, hype is to much to handle!
Just wait until the Direct starts. It'll jump another 50 before it ends.

Priap0s

Smash Journeyman
Just wait until the Direct starts. It'll jump another 50 before it ends.
Well, hopefully that read will be a bit more entertaining with more ehm, variation :p

Reading through first 25 pages here was like 45% hashtag posts and 45% hype gifs (but I most admit I enjoyed most pages anyway, just seeing everyone in here sharing the same hype I'm feeling). I recon there will be alot of those during and after the direct too, but hopefully they'll have some context and discussions coming with them then. I really think my brain has burnt out trying to catch up to this thread. Wich is good, I feel like I can sleep till tuesday ^^

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
No worries. :)

I sure hope they show some 3DS footage off, it's been almost a year.
Indeed. I understand they focus on the Wii-U version, it being the 'main' version, and the one that will launch first (and the one I am the most interested in), but I'm sure the 3DS version will get it's share for promotion. And it really DOES look much better now. Compare the first pics of DK to the currect ones, he looks much better, haha.

... I understand why they did it, but damn, did they have to reveal a Direct this early? I hate waiting for Directs. D:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Indeed. I understand they focus on the Wii-U version, it being the 'main' version, and the one that will launch first (and the one I am the most interested in), but I'm sure the 3DS version will get it's share for promotion. And it really DOES look much better now. Compare the first pics of DK to the currect ones, he looks much better, haha.

... I understand why they did it, but damn, did they have to reveal a Direct this early? I hate waiting for Directs. D:
In the run up to the Wii Nintnedo was the master at building hype but this turned out to be a double edged sword when people got their hopes up too high and expected Brawl to have 50 characters or Twilight Princess to give back massages. That's when they switched to the casual advertising. Looks like they're bringing some of that back.

PWN3

Smash Apprentice
I've decided to set myself up with unrealistic hype levels for the Direct... Even made my avatar Isaac and everything!

I'll be sure to send you all bottles of my tears if/when he's not revealed.

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
Maybe we should all change our icons to our most supported character until the day of the Direct.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Maybe we should all change our icons to our most supported character until the day of the Direct.
Now everyone's going to think that's why I chose this avi.

-

I'm curious whether or not we'll get all Smash-related Nintendo Directs (and E3) on the actual site now. Would be neat.

*The Sensus Crustulum*

Smash Journeyman
The HYPE. THE BOARD MIGHT EVEN EXPLODE.
We will probably get a full match, at least a newcomer and a couple of more veterans revealed. Oh and we will probably get a new mode revealed to us too.

Y U NO COME SOONER TUESDAY?!?

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Let's say this Direct will show a wonderful 3 Newcomers. Out of these: Ridley, Krystal, King K. Rool, Isaac, Chrom, Shulk, Bowser Jr, PacMan, Mii, Duck Hunt Dog, Tingle, Ghirahim, Monita, Mewtwo (kinda Counts), and Cranky, which ones do ya wanna see?

Ridley, Duck Hunt Dog and Cranky for me, I Think. Or maybe just Ridley, since he kinda Counts like Three characters.

*The Sensus Crustulum*

Smash Journeyman
Let's say this Direct will show a wonderful 3 Newcomers. Out of these: Ridley, Krystal, King K. Rool, Isaac, Chrom, Shulk, Bowser Jr, PacMan, Mii, Duck Hunt Dog, Tingle, Ghirahim, Monita, Mewtwo (kinda Counts), and Cranky, which ones do ya wanna see?

Ridley, Duck Hunt Dog and Cranky for me, I Think. Or maybe just Ridley, since he kinda Counts like Three characters.
Ehh...
Even though there would be hype, I think it is best to save Ridley for E3 but it is what you would like so...

For me I would want to see out of them three is: Shulk, Chrom, Issac
I think they would tie the direct together and can cause enough hype imo.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Those Three would be neat, but I do hope that, IF they somehow reveals Three, they won't all be human pretty boys. XD And so far, all newcomers have been human (or human shaped), so Ridley and Duck Hunt Dog and all that would add to the shapes.

PS: I see you only have Three posts, so, welcome here!

*The Sensus Crustulum*

Smash Journeyman
Those Three would be neat, but I do hope that, IF they somehow reveals Three, they won't all be human pretty boys. XD And so far, all newcomers have been human (or human shaped), so Ridley and Duck Hunt Dog and all that would add to the shapes.

PS: I see you only have Three posts, so, welcome here!
Thanks for the welcome!
I now realized that they won't add three swordsmen into the mix, would maybe cause some backlash of there being too many swordsmen.
Duck Hunt Dog could maybe get in I don't know..
I don't really support that retro character.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

Isaac amongst those characters.

Definetly not Miis.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Thanks for the welcome!
I now realized that they won't add three swordsmen into the mix, would maybe cause some backlash of there being too many swordsmen.
People complaining about swordsmen? Soul Calibur character confrimed :troll:
In all seriousness, sword users don't bother me, using a sword has no effect on movement potential. That being said I think it would be good if multiple newcomers are shown that there is variety in them.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Thanks for the welcome!
Very welcome~

And well, I also doubt all those Three will be in anyways. I expect Chrom, and maybe Shulk, but I have my doubts about Isaac. :/ But we'll see. Oh, and that's fine, people supports different characters. XD

One newcomer is a given for this, though. I'm sure I will be happy with anyone.

@ True Blue Warrior True Blue Warrior
What if they reveal Three different characters. Mii Small Size, Mii Normal Size, and Mii Large Size? :p

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I believe there will probably be two newcomers, revealed like so:

- There will be one trailer showcasing many sequences in the game with a newcomer appearance towards the end, similar to the first trailer (newcomer candidates: Chrom, Shulk, Palutena, Lucina, Ghirahim, Isaac)

- The second trailer will be focused on one character. One that will certainly get a lot of attention. (candidates: Ridley, King K. Rool, Mewtwo)

*The Sensus Crustulum*

Smash Journeyman
It is inevitable that Sakurai will reveal a newcomer, but what about veterans?
What veterans do you expect to see?
IMO we should get Ness already. I've waited too long. We might also get Captain Falcon or Yoshi or even all of them.

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
There, sassy glasses Palutena is best Palutena. I'll miss Armin though...

Edit: On the topic of characters, I'll being pessimistic about and say just one newcomer, and in-trade, a whole bunch of sweet info about game mechanics and whatnot.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I'm thinking, maybe,

1 Newcomer, 2 Veterans.
2 Newcomers, 0 Veterans.

For some reason. Then again, no Veteran in March may hint that they've been saving them for this Direct, so, 2 Newcomers and 2 Vetarans? Would be Lovely.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
I have afeeling it will be a lot like the e3 developer direct where he will show off at first revealed characters moves in detail first, and then proceed to announcer more new stuff.

Staarih

Smash Master
I'd personally love one of "everything", basically

a) Newcomer
b) 3rd party reveal (Snake)
c) a veteran reveal

..and maybe d) a Melee-veteran (essentially Mewtwo)
But would be happy with just one newcomer thank you very much.

Isaac, Shulk and K. Rool out of those. I guess I would like to see a very surprising character too: one which isn't expected at all. But not all reveals can be like that soo I'd choose those three. I support Ridley but still see him more as E3-material.

Out of veterans I'd like to see, my one and only pick would be Captain Falcon. He has no game releases or anything coming up to tie in as a PotD reveal (I think? Maybe some VC title though), and he pretty much is the embodiment of the Smash games anyway, so I think a Direct reveal works for him.
...or maybe the Ice Climbers just to confirm that they do return and work on the 3DS even if it proved to be difficult at the start.

Last edited:

*The Sensus Crustulum*

Smash Journeyman
Out of veterans I'd like to see, my one and only pick would be Captain Falcon. He has no game releases or anything coming up to tie in as a PotD reveal (I think? Maybe some VC title though), and he pretty much is the embodiment of the Smash games anyway, so I think a Direct reveal works for him.
...or maybe the Ice Climbers just to confirm that they do return and work on the 3DS even if it proved to be difficult at the start.
I tihnk Ice Climbers will most likely be revealed around the NES Remix 2 is released since the Ice Climbers are retro and NES Remix 2 is a dedication to retro games and even has the Ice Climbers game in it. It would make sense.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I hope they don't give even a second screen-time to CGI trailer. CGI's are just unneccessary, purely aesthetic, meaningless add-on videos with no replay value.
This is 10 pages later...but I cannot stand and say nothing at the amount of stupid your post contains, CGI trailers make everything exciting and flashy, go watch some underwhelming gameplay-only trailer!
Wow, somebody who has a sense of scale, holy carp.
While i think the whole size thing for Ridley is a meh subject, the counterpoint of kirby and olimar is baseless due to them both being moderately sized within the scale of their own games.
Olimar's entire gameplay and concept consists of facing enemies much bigger than you, this concept doesn't even slightly appear on Smash and he's still fine.

Last edited:
Top Bottom