• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Direct on April 8th, 3pm PST!!

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
The directs do stream on YouTube, and it's eons better than the website, last direct there were a couple of moments where it lagged on 360p, but I could just pause it, and let it sit out, to have a smoother experience instead of missing vital parts of the direct on the official website
I see. ^^ Thank you kindly. I will Watch it on YouTube, then. And since I Watch it live, I doubt I'll get spoiled. I hope.

Also, while it has been said forever, I can't help but really want Ridley to be revealed in this Direct. The longer it takes, the more I want him in this. :/ And the fact that I crave a new Metroid doesn't help either...

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
You know what's great? We have about half of the roster already. I'm really looking forward to see who else will make it.

What I'd personally like to see is Captain Falcon, and then bring in Ganondorf, and discussing his changes from the Captain. It's a pipe dream, but I'd love it.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Luckily it's 5 for me, but skipping school is wrong.
Edit ^they do use YouTube live now, that's how I watched January's Direct, not that we really saw anything spectacular........
Last NoA Direct used Ustream. Japan is the only one using Youtube. Maybe NoE uses Youtube, but I don't think they do.

Does the Direct live streams on YouTube lag, and such? Cuz' it Always lags for me on their official sites, and this is a Direct I wanna see smoothly. :/
Not from my experience. The last Direct that revealed Little Mac, I went to the Japanese Direct to watch and it ran smoothly with no hiccups at all. I think Ustream just can't handle the amount of viewers watching one video. We're talking over 100,000 viewers/views. NoA needs to just use Youtube.

Ulti-Bman

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0318-7834-6568
Gawd, that game is addicting. I scored 5352 in 2048: Smash Edition! Can you beat me? I use the I dont give a duck technique. I just randomly press the keys, and in no time, I have a Lucario, Dedede if Im lucky. Oh look, still 3 days left....
2048: Smash Edition confirmed for next Flappy Bird.

Gavitro

Smash Cadet
Jigglymaster said:
Speaking of the official character banner, we are currently at 24 characters. 12 of which were shown at the first E3, and the other 12 via the website. Just thought that was pretty cool to point out.
If all these characters were actually just the starter roster (Though I'm thinking that Luigi will be unlockable again per tradition), I'd flip. Having 24 characters at the start is quite a lot to take!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Last NoA Direct used Ustream. Japan is the only one using Youtube. Maybe NoE uses Youtube, but I don't think they do.
Europe uses UStream too.

The Direct will be at 11 PM for me, so I don't have to worry about not watching it. (There have been times where I couldn't watch the Directs due to exams or classes, though.)

Lozjam

Smash Champion

Not from my experience. The last Direct that revealed Little Mac, I went to the Japanese Direct to watch and it ran smoothly with no hiccups at all. I think Ustream just can't handle the amount of viewers watching one video. We're talking over 100,000 viewers/views. NoA needs to just use Youtube.
The North American Direct did use YouTube, along with their official website, there was even a link in the official direct website to watch the stream off YouTube. I swear to Lord Helix they did

Last edited:

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
I guess the official site will be redesigned after the Direct to appear at least decent.
I was thinking the same thing; we'd probably get a new items, and stage section. And besides from newcomer and veteran reveals, I also predict that we will start getting one video a week showcasing what was shown in the Photo of the Days that specific week.

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I've been reading a few peculiar comments and would like to take the time to say this:
DON'T SKIP SCHOOL SO YOU CAN WATCH THIS LIVE.
It's alright, I don't have school, I'm just skipping work! :p

I jest, it's midnight for me, though I did book holiday for the day after.

Last edited:

Heefe

Smash Apprentice
Why bother watching live? This forum will be like twitch chat on tuesday...

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I know I've made my main prediction list already, but I kinda want at least one of the following characters confirmed during the direct so I can laugh at Hollander Cooper and Henry Gilbert from GamesRadar

Lucas
Pokemon Trainer
Snake
R.O.B.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
You watch it Live to avoid the spoilers the internet is wrought with. So you can have an actual experiance instead of reading on Smashboards or in video titles/ youtube comments, "oh hey *Insert smash character here* is confirmed for Smash 4 " You can see the character Trailer and have the hype build faster than Reggie's Body exudes readiness.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm really looking forward to another newcomer trailer. I'm re-watching Little Mac's and I STILL get chills.

For some reason I doubt we'll see a trailer as great as Mac's again. I'm still expecting the trailers to be great, but even as someone who isn't a Punch Out fan Little Mac's trailer is just insane.

Because I won't be able to sleep otherwise :p

Last edited:

Redmagpie93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redmagpie93
I know I've made my main prediction list already, but I kinda want at least one of the following characters confirmed during the direct so I can laugh at Hollander Cooper and Henry Gilbert from GamesRadar

Lucas
Pokemon Trainer
Snake
R.O.B.
Snake and R.O.B. for sure would be great especially to see their response Weekly :p
Lucas I could see being demoted to Wii Fit Trainer Male status to Ness's WFT at the very worst but he's certainly in the game somewhere,
PKMN Trainer I don't even know what to think anymore :p

For some reason I doubt we'll see a trailer as great as Mac's again. I'm still expecting the trailers to be great, but even as someone who isn't a Punch Out fan Little Mac's trailer is just insanely good.
Well for me all but WFT's trailers have been up to that standard, hers just not being as big a deal as Villager leaping into the ring or Kirby crashing into Luma on Rainbow Road ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Snake and R.O.B. for sure would be great especially to see their response Weekly :p
Lucas I could see being demoted to Wii Fit Trainer Male status to Ness's WFT at the very worst but he's certainly in the game somewhere,
PKMN Trainer I don't even know what to think anymore :p
I honestly think there won't be any cuts.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
For some reason I doubt we'll see a trailer as great as Mac's again. I'm still expecting the trailers to be great, but even as someone who isn't a Punch Out fan Little Mac's trailer is just insane.
Ehh I said the same thing when I first saw Megaman's trailer.

I think a well made Ridley trailer could top it.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
The North American Direct did use YouTube, along with their official website, there was even a link in the official direct website to watch the stream off YouTube. I swear to Lord Helix they did
That link was for their official Youtube channel. They weren't using Youtube to stream.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Oh come on guys, we'll still see all kinds of sweet trailers. They range from epic to cute, or just pure eyecandy. In my opinion all of them will be amazing in their own regard.

I'm so curious what'll we see... aah, hours couldn't go any slower.

Last edited:

*The Sensus Crustulum*

Smash Journeyman
Lucas I could see being demoted to Wii Fit Trainer Male status to Ness's WFT at the very worst but he's certainly in the game somewhere.
God, that would be awful. I could see it happening right now. Sakurai showing Ness along with Lucas in the trailer but then when the site updates we only see Ness. Then when the game comes out we find out that Lucas isn't there and only a skin. I would be downright pissed.

hypeconductor

Smash Rookie
i am really hoping they announce something like smash bros tv. where you can watch matches and maybe they will have competitions and you could watch them there. i am so hyped for this direct. i am lucky i am on my easter break.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Olimar's entire gameplay and concept consists of facing enemies much bigger than you, this concept doesn't even slightly appear on Smash and he's still fine.
But are there any other Pikmin characters in the Smash? there's only a massive Bulborb on his stage, which fits to the scale of his game pretty nicely.
Even then, what's to say other smash characters would be bigger than olimar in the game itself? That's where scale comes in. Canonically, Olimar is large as gum on Mario's shoe, but it doesn't matter because you never see or have to fight a massive mario in game.
Edit:Moped has a much better counterargument.

Like i said before, None of this size stuff has any hold in an argument with Ridley, imo. He's humungous, but putting him in at a large size isn't some impossible demand that Sakurai will never feel the need to do. Worst case scenario he has a severe back problem a la bowser and ganondorf.

(Judging by bowser's head poking out from under battlefield's platforms, and bowser's higher posture, he doesn't seem to care about characters fitting into areas, and he may be making room for an even larger character to take the hunched over position in bowser's place.)

That link was for their official Youtube channel. They weren't using Youtube to stream.
I was watching on youtube and i can confirm that this is the case. Youtube only had the japanese direct, which is a shame because youtube lags a lot less than the other streams.

Last edited:

domriver

Smash Lord
2 days left omg!! omgo mgomgogmmgomogomgomgogmogmgmogmgogmo :bluejump::bluejump::bluejump::bluejump::bluejump::bluejump::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep:

- As for what I would like for the direct to reveal is some information regarding
- Online Mode
- Adventure Mode
- Some Veterans and some newcomers pl0x.

MY Wishful reveals are : Ridley, Palutena, Geno, King K Rool. These 4 are most desired. Shulk Issac Pac-Man they have my support but mostly my top 4. :)
Wonder the the Picture of the Day is gonna be. :confused:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Yes they were streaming it, I bet my life on it, as I watched the stream live through YouTube. Say how about we do a little bet here, if they do stream it on their Youtube Channel, then I get to change your Avatar and Signature and you must keep it for 2 Weeks. If they do not, like you say, you can change mine and I must keep it for 2 weeks.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Oh come on guys, we'll still see all kinds of sweet trailers. They range from epic to cute, or just pure eyecandy. In my opinion all of them will be amazing in their own regard.
Never said the others won't be great... I just think Mac's was the best.

If I had to rank the trailers so far:
1) Little Mac
2) Megaman
3) Rosalina
4) WFT
5) Villager (ironically he's the only one without his own trailer which is why I rank him last)

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I'm hoping to see Black Shadow, Ray MK, Isaac, Chrom &/or Lucina, Shulk.
I'm not sure if we'll be blessed with the high profileness of a Mewtwo, Ridley or Pacman.
Those might be for an E3 or a closer to release date smash direct.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Personally, I think we'll see the likes of Palutena or Ridley, just because. Anyone else notice how this Direct was set so that the Western audience could see it?

LF2K

Floor Diver
Hard to believe it's already almost here. Just think, a whole Direct dedicated to Smash. No other games to hog the spotlight! :chuckle:

I want to see Takamaru over all else, but I think Palutena or Shulk might happen. With Sakurai at the helm, who knows.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Kind of an abbreviation of Smash Bros (that's not how you spell Smash Bros. in Katakana), but he does say he's looking forward to it.

On another note, 4/6 is the 2nd anniversary of Xenoblade's release in the US.
+_+ If he's shown off over Issac I'll just close the direct.

...no I won't

Top Bottom