• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Direct on April 8th, 3pm PST!!

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
To be honest, if 3DS version has most things Wii U does, I might only get the 3DS one. They need more things on the Wii U version to boost Wii U sales.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Here's our Nintendo Smash Bros Direct bingo sheet.

And I was just about to post mine. :O I like yours much more though.

My bingo card

Late to the party but my general predictions are:
  • Release date confirmed to be August at the latest.
  • Two characters revealed, one newcomer and one veteran or two newcomers.
  • He'll show off the non-vs. modes, namely the single player campaign.
  • He'll show off online features like match making, miiverse functionality, and a way to share replays.
  • At least two trailers. One trailer for the newcomer(s) and then another that's just a general features and modes trailer.
  • He'll hint at something cool and then say to wait till E3 for more info.

Last edited:

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
The Smash reveal trailer is Villager's trailer.... roughly same length as the other 4 and follows same format
Umm... no that is definitely not a trailer specifically made FOR the Villager. It's primarily a reveal trailer that happens to INCLUDE the Villager, which makes sense since they needed to show off at least one newcomer in it.

The other 4 newcomers have their own unique trailers, so theirs stand out a lot more.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Watch them end the Direct with the release date. Then this hype train can keep on going! :chuckle:

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
I'm praying that either Ridley, Palutena or Mewtwo will be revealed this Tuesday. Please no Mii, Chrom, Snake or Pac-Man. Save them for secret unlockables. If not, at least a confirmed release date should do it.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
This thread is gonna be even more crazy during and after the direct (if it's still open).

I keep coming back here, trying to stay away as I am getting too hyped, but it's not working. D:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
This thread is gonna be even more crazy during and after the direct (if it's still open).

I keep coming back here, trying to stay away as I am getting too hyped, but it's not working. D:
Embrace it. Embrace the hype as it consumes you!

52 hours and 40 minutes left... These have to be the longest 4 days of my life.

Last edited:

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Guys, Tuesday might bring us the first ever HD FALCON PUNCH.

Can your body even be ready?

xxEliteAlicexx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xxEliteAlicexx

Prototype

Smash Apprentice
I'm anticipating a brief focus on much more visual alt costumes for this being shown, which as well too would lead to a number of extra female reps:

Zelda - Hilda, Midna, Farore, Din, Nayru
I would probably die from excitement if this happened.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I remember it being some time around early to mid January.
I'll try to find it.
You're probably talking about this quote, which was posted underneath the first pic of 2014:

Which basically just says that they're still in the stage of development where they're adding as much content as possible. I honestly want them to continue doing just that for quite a while more, just to ensure us having no cuts and a lot of stuff to do.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Here's what the Direct page says:
They will show Three new details.

1: Link now has arm hair, that moves with the wind!
2: Falcon Punch may cause your Wii-U to explode.
3: Five of the characters are Miis. Three are Rabbids in Turtles costumes.

Oh, and Ridley was too big, but they made him playable anyways, as the first playable stage.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
...Am I the only one here who's just okay?
I'm frightened. I don't have any incredible hype.
I'm just, going along the ride...

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
that's utterly pointless, since arm hair doesn't really move with the wind in real life.
Link's arm hair is special. They are made out of Diamonds.

Speaking of Link, I hope the'll show his Side Specal here. I find it odd his Boomerang hasn't been shown yet, and have hope that it's been replaced.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
There probably will be a reveal so bombastic, so unexpected, our hype levels will break the scale twice.

We'll all be like this:

Just the thought of seeing new content, including characters, stages and items is good, but I find myself increasingly looking forward to hear more music and more about the game's features. And of course, glorious trailers.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
There probably will be a reveal so bombastic, so unexpected, our hype levels will break the scale twice.

We'll all be like this:

Just the thought of seeing new content, including characters, stages and items is good, but I find myself increasingly looking forward to hear more music and more about the game's features. And of course, glorious trailers.
Fullmetal Alchemist is so perfect for this, somehow. But need more Gluttony Hype. :/

So, we'll surely get at least one Newcomer. Do you guys Think they will start with that, or save it for later?

Top Bottom