• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Direct on April 8th, 3pm PST!!

Vez

Smash Apprentice
I'm still only expecting one newcomer. I think they're going to be showing more of the game modes and whatnot instead of new characters, and that's perfectly okay. If we get more than one character, then that's great, but I want to keep my expectations in check.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I still think either Ridley or Mewtwo will be shown. I also hope Isaac is too. Frankly if only Isaac gets revealed I could care less what else is shown. Unless Micaiah is also shown in which I would probably die of happiness.

LF2K

Floor Diver
If anything, I really want a release date announced. It wouldn't crazy if they followed Mario Kart with Smash.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I'm still only expecting one newcomer. I think they're going to be showing more of the game modes and whatnot instead of new characters, and that's perfectly okay. If we get more than one character, then that's great, but I want to keep my expectations in check.
I agree. In reality, I only expect 1 newcomer and 1 veteran, and I expect a lot of gameplay talk, like online and 1P modes and that sort of stuff.

If anything, I really want a release date announced. It wouldn't crazy if they followed Mario Kart with Smash.
But it would be a dumb move, imo. I cant afford Smash and Mario Kart 8 at the same time, and its most likely other people cant either.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
My hype levels are still astronomical. Tomorrow is going to be painful. I hope work is busy so the day goes by fast. I should take some codeine when I get home so it's Tuesday faster lol

I really want to see Ivysaur, Lucas or Roy confirmed for return. Whoever the newcomer is, I'll at least be okay if one of these three come back.

Brawl came out a couple months after MK Wii... I could see that happening again here.
You have it backwards

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I'm surely expecting at least a newcomer; ...but I won't try to guess whose would be; .. actually, can be anyone (hoping for my supported characters, of course); .. Sakurai already a gave a ton of motives for we expect the unexpected; ... so, I'm just anxious for anything that they can show. :3

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Olimar's entire gameplay and concept consists of facing enemies much bigger than you, this concept doesn't even slightly appear on Smash and he's still fine.
He's one of the smallest and lightest characters in the game, and has maybe 5-7 moves in which he personally strikes, otherwise he relies on the strength of his several Pikmin to take down the, again, larger and stronger opponents. The reason he can't be even smaller than he already is is because the characters of SSBB, from Meta Knight to Ganondorf, are all substantially more mobile and aggressive than anything in the Pikmin universe.

Kirby, who may be the shortest, is normally about the same size as weak enemies and 1/2-1/3 the size of stronger enemies, and absolutely tiny compared to most bosses. The characters of SSB are of the appropriate scale. You may notice that Kirby and Dedede are still roughly the same size relative to each other, compared to their own games.

The most reasonable argument against Ridley is that that scale consistency would be violated, as Ridley is about the size he is in SSE in almost every Metroid game, and when he wasn't that size, it was due to technical limitations. And don't bring up Bowser in Mario 64, he has been given a canon height, and it's consistent with his current portrayal.

I don't doubt that Ridley will make it in [he will, there is no doubt in my mind of this], but your arguments are not just full of holes, they're also presented in the most obnoxious manner possible.

You can be obnoxious or you can have bad arguments, one or the other. Both together is incredibly annoying.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
If we get one newcomer, and one vet, it'll be more then satisfactory.
Depending on the character(s) it could be huge hype.
Hopefully we'll get game play, some final smashes, and items, and an assist trophy or two.
Top it off with a release date and it's a golden direct.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Well, to quote Sakurai himself... "There will be all kinds of info about the new Smash Bros. games". That certainly means we'll at least get one big announcement.

Maybe we'll finally get Yoshi, so Miiverse will shut up.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Remind me of the release dates. I want Mario Kart 8 in May and Smash Bros 4 in November.
Brawl was released March 9th, MKWII was april 27th. A month and a half apart.
You can be obnoxious or you can have bad arguments, one or the other. Both together is incredibly annoying.
This post gets all of my yes.
Well, to quote Sakurai himself... "There will be all kinds of info about the new Smash Bros. games". That certainly means we'll at least get one big announcement.

Maybe we'll finally get Yoshi, so Miiverse will shut up.
I still think Yoshi is due to be seen along with his game. He's guaranteed in, so i believe any time other than then would be a waste of a reveal, since there are other characters with no games coming along that need confirmations.

Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
If they reveal characters at this direct, personally, they have to be pretty popular characters. There's no doubt in my mind there may be some less popular, unexpected character left to be announced, but at this thing, it's all about the heavy hitters.

PokéMurio

Smash Apprentice
I see possibility for even, like 6 veterans in direct, where they get their own " we're still in " -trailer. Think about it: it is not too much, especially when there are (hopefully) so many veterans to be confimed.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
A precise release date is still too much imho, we're getting a window, and maybe at E3 the exact release date.
At this point I think an August release isn't completely impossible.

I see possibility for even, like 6 veterans in direct, where they get their own " we're still in " -trailer. Think about it: it is not too much, especially when there are (hopefully) so many veterans to be confimed.
Not every veteran really needs a trailer anyway. We can expect a bunch of them, but personally, I wouldn't bet more than three.
You never know though.

Last edited by a moderator:

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Yes they were streaming it, I bet my life on it, as I watched the stream live through YouTube. Say how about we do a little bet here, if they do stream it on their Youtube Channel, then I get to change your Avatar and Signature and you must keep it for 2 Weeks. If they do not, like you say, you can change mine and I must keep it for 2 weeks.
Okay...? Even if they by a miracle use Youtube stream, I'm not going to do as you say anyhow.

EDIT: This is the link to the Japanese Youtube Live stream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=045BV9jHrIQ

NoA doesn't have a Youtube Event listed on their channel. You most likely saw a pre-recorded upload on their channel since they do upload NDs on their channel, they just don't ever stream it.

Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
A precise release date is still too much imho, we're getting a window, and maybe at E3 the exact release date.
At this point I think an August release isn't completely impossible.
We'll either get a release month or a season it'll be released in, my guess being the latter. A specific date is too much right now, unless it's very close to being finished (which I doubt).

Redmagpie93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redmagpie93
Never said the others won't be great... I just think Mac's was the best.

If I had to rank the trailers so far:
1) Little Mac
2) Megaman
3) Rosalina
4) WFT
5) Villager (ironically he's the only one without his own trailer which is why I rank him last)
The Smash reveal trailer is Villager's trailer.... roughly same length as the other 4 and follows same format
it treats it like Villager has been invited to watch these fighters before throwing him in

Last edited:

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I think we'll see the likes of Palutena or Ridley, just because. Anyone else notice how this Direct was set so that the Western audience could see it?
Yeah, I noticed this too.

It makes me think that they won't reveal someone who is more popular in Japan than in the USA. Palutena, Chrom, Shulk, Takamaru are all arguably better known and desired in Japan, or are at least equal in popularity.

So I really believe we'll get Mii, Pac-Man, and/or Ridley. But I'd be so let down if all we get is Mii, newcomer-wise.

LF2K

Floor Diver
No matter who gets revealed, you can bet that there will be some serious b***hing and moaning on Miiverse about the new character.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Only 2 days and 5.5 hours left until the direct!
Let's kick this Hype Train into full gear and get our bodies ready!

A specific date is too much right now, unless it's very close to being finished (which I doubt).
Wasn't there a Pic of the Day where Sakurai stated that all they have left to do is beef-up the game a little, and that it is almost finished?

Top Bottom