• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Direct on April 8th, 3pm PST!!

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
I can already hear it now. "Super Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS will be delayed until 2015....Please Understand." - Iwata.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
you know what ill make my predictions for this direct

we will get 1-3 newcomers revealed
we will get 2-3 veterans revealed
1 veteran will be wario who will segue into alt costumes being revealed
we will see the pyro sphere in some capacity
sakurai will talk about balance to some degree
we still wont know the final release date

these are what i see in our future be i psychic or or do i just need to got to sleep only time will tell

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Everyone gets higher expectations the closer we get to the direct. By the time the direct happens people will expect the game to be released on Tuesday.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Let's say this Direct will show a wonderful 3 Newcomers. Out of these: Ridley, Krystal, King K. Rool, Isaac, Chrom, Shulk, Bowser Jr, PacMan, Mii, Duck Hunt Dog, Tingle, Ghirahim, Monita, Mewtwo (kinda Counts), and Cranky, which ones do ya wanna see?
Ridley, K. Rool and Mewtwo. That's nothing but a pipe dream though.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
With Mario Kart 8 coming soon, maybe the character reveals will be Mario Universe related, but that's probably wishful thinking on my part.

But if it were to happen, Id say Yoshi and Wario, with Bowser Jr. being the next newcomer.

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
I imagine the direct will pretty much go like this:

JK ;3

Anyway only a few more days!
Man this is like the first time I want a weekend to end so bad!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Few more days? More like two days. ;)

While I am waiting for Smash Direct to come, I am going to spend my time studying for an accounting test. I am thinking of skipping the second class after taking the accounting test just so I could commute all the way home on time for Smash Direct...

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Time sure flies. Today I'm just going to be spending all my time playing tennis and I'll be studying on Monday so the wait shouldn't be too painful.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I have a lot of work to do today so I'll be quite busy. Monday will fly by quickly and then I have school Tuesday as well. Then I can come home and speculate.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
DON'T SKIP SCHOOL SO YOU CAN WATCH THIS LIVE.
This... Seriously the Direct won't be going anywhere. Just catch in on Youtube or something once you get back.

Hell I remember having to work during the very first SSB4 reveal trailer. Now THAT sucked.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm usually in a chat with one of my best friends when the direct happens. I have already warned him.

I have prepared him for the insanity.

Hope he survives.

hypeconductor

Smash Rookie
i really want them to announce something like smash tv. they could have online tournaments in the game. i also really hope they announce palutena

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I think the best way to see it late and spoiler-free would be to go directly to the Nintendo Direct page on Nintendo's website.
Maybe bookmark it too so you don't risk seeing anything on Google.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
This... Seriously the Direct won't be going anywhere. Just catch in on Youtube or something once you get back.

Hell I remember having to work during the very first SSB4 reveal trailer. Now THAT sucked.
Unfortunately, people want to be there when the hype is running rampant. Not that I blame them, but it's very odd. People just go crazy.

D

Deleted member

Unfortunately, people want to be there when the hype is running rampant. Not that I blame them, but it's very odd. People just go crazy.
You would assume that they would at least still have some sort of common sense. School and work are much more important than a direct that you can always watch later anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

Redmagpie93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redmagpie93
I'm anticipating a brief focus on much more visual alt costumes for this being shown, which as well too would lead to a number of extra female reps:
Mario - Dr.Mario
Vilager(Male) - Villager(Female) Or please please let it be imported from your New Leaf save file
Marth - Lucina
WFT (Female) - WFT (Male)
Link - Fierce Diety Link (you guys all know Nintendo wants to keep feeding the MM hype train)
Sonic - Blaze/Amy among others?
Olimar - Louie Alph Brittany Charlie
Diddy - Dixie (if she's not already in as a transform or separate fighter)
Zelda - Hilda, Midna, Farore, Din, Nayru
Luigi - Mr L

I wouldn't be surprised to see a short gameplay trailer featuring solely alternate skins for the already announced fighters myself

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
You would assume that they would at least still have some sort of common sense. School and work are much more important that a direct that you can always watch later anyway.
Exactly. I mean, at December's Direct, the one with Rosalina, that was a half-day right before my Christmas break. I still went. But I do actually have a chance this time, so I'm staying on here for it.

PokéMurio

Smash Apprentice
This is 10 pages later...but I cannot stand and say nothing at the amount of stupid your post contains, CGI trailers make everything exciting and flashy, go watch some underwhelming gameplay-only trailer!
Sorry, but how does the fact that i don't give a **** about your "flashy" trailers, make me or my post stupid? If you ask me, the real game is exciting, not CGI animated films about the game.

Last edited:

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
You would assume that they would at least still have some sort of common sense. School and work are much more important that a direct that you can always watch later anyway.
Yeah. It's not like UStream is great. You'll probably just watch a total of 10 minutes of the Direct because it'll keep cutting out.

When will NoA use Youtube Live? I'm thinking about watching the Japanese Direct so I can watch it without any interruptions.

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Luckily it's 5 for me, but skipping school is wrong.
Edit ^they do use YouTube live now, that's how I watched January's Direct, not that we really saw anything spectacular........

Last edited:

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
It seems really likely that they'll announce the release date. Given that the Mario 3D World release was announced only 2 months prior, and Mario Kart 8's was 3 months, a summer launch is looking very promising.

My money's on mid July.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Does the Direct live streams on YouTube lag, and such? Cuz' it Always lags for me on their official sites, and this is a Direct I wanna see smoothly. :/

Poots

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone have any tips for reducing Nintendo direct lag? I don't want to wait until it's over, but at the same time the lag might just kill me.

Renji64

Smash Lord

Wrestlemania tonight, Monday RAW, Then Smash the next day this week is full hype and the mk news as well.
Can't wait too see this direct i'm still hyped.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Does the Direct live streams on YouTube lag, and such? Cuz' it Always lags for me on their official sites, and this is a Direct I wanna see smoothly. :/
The directs do stream on YouTube, and it's eons better than the website, last direct there were a couple of moments where it lagged on 360p, but I could just pause it, and let it sit out, to have a smoother experience instead of missing vital parts of the direct on the official website

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
The only downside to missing a direct like this live is that its near impossible to watch the trailer without being spoiled with whos being revealed. Almost every youtube video has the characters name mentioned in the trailer. It happened to me for both Megaman and Rosalina.

Though I suppose you could always get a friend to prepare the video for you before hand, if you have one.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If you're worried about whether something will stream well or not have two tabs open and switch between them. That's what I do anyway.

Ulti-Bman

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0318-7834-6568
Speaking of the official character banner, we are currently at 24 characters. 12 of which were shown at the first E3, and the other 12 via the website. Just thought that was pretty cool to point out.
I have the feeling that this isn't a coincidence...

Top Bottom