• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Direct on April 8th, 3pm PST!!

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I have a feeling the direct is going to have a lot more information about the new Smash Bros, the differences between the 3DS and Wii U, the customization stuff, online play, modes, and a LOT less stuff about newcomers than people are expecting. I'm worried there is going to be a lot of butthurt come wednesday morning.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Fullmetal Alchemist is so perfect for this, somehow. But need more Gluttony Hype. :/

So, we'll surely get at least one Newcomer. Do you guys Think they will start with that, or save it for later?
Theyll start with the newcomer, so that Sakurai may talk about their mechanics

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So, we'll surely get at least one Newcomer. Do you guys Think they will start with that, or save it for later?
I'd expect them to save the best for last. It's more hype inducing that way.

An even better idea would be revealing a newcomer first and, at the end, reveal another. You know that would be genius on Nintendo's part.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
@ SuperMii3D SuperMii3D @ Frostwraith Frostwraith
Ahaha, you both answered the opposite, so now I don't know who to trust. But I do hope what Frost said happens, with two Newcomers. Start with someone kinda simple and not THAT super Hyped (Mii, maybe), and end it with something BIG (guess who?!).
Or maybe all the'll show is Yoshi.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
My thoughts are that there's going to be at least two newcomers with one being someone who's goofy popular and another being someone more on the obscure side. For the first, I'm convinced it's either going to be Ridley or Mewtwo but for the second (and potentially third), I feel like there's a ton of candidates: Palutena, Chrom, Issac/Matthew, Takamaru, and Shulk. I'll be very surprised if Tuesday passes and at least one of these isn't confirmed playable.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I want to see a Star Fox Stage!
I'm honestly a bit surprised at how under-represented Star Fox is currently. We've seen Fox, and only recently Andross, other than that the franchise has pretty much been ignored thus far. Of course there'll be stages and at least Falco, but it's a bit surprising how little we've seen from it thus far.

Adriel3D

Smash Rookie
Fullmetal Alchemist is so perfect for this, somehow. But need more Gluttony Hype. :/

i hope sakura adds goku in the direct because everyone in miiiverse wants him and sakurai liisten to miiverse, right?

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
Does anybody know how long this Direct will last? They don't usually reveal that sort of information, but I wanna know if anybody knows. The Pokémon X and Y Direct lasted about 20 minutes, I suppose we can expect the same for this?

*The Sensus Crustulum*

Smash Journeyman
Does anybody know how long this Direct will last? They don't usually reveal that sort of information, but I wanna know if anybody knows. The Pokémon X and Y Direct lasted about 20 minutes, I suppose we can expect the same for this?
We will probably get longer than 20 minutes since it is being streamed. I wouldn't watch something for 10 minutes if it was live.

Last edited:

the smash nerd

Smash Ace
NNID
Nick.s3dsWiFi2
3DS FC
0344-9996-3724
Um...Yes

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
I'm honestly a bit surprised at how under-represented Star Fox is currently. We've seen Fox, and only recently Andross, other than that the franchise has pretty much been ignored thus far. Of course there'll be stages and at least Falco, but it's a bit surprising how little we've seen from it thus far.
Currently DK, Star Fox, and Kirby are woefully unrepresented in terms of overall content. There's literally only 2 pieces for each, 2 characters, 1 char/1 Assist, 2 Characters, respectively in comparison.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Oh maan, I COMPLETELY forgot about the music for this game!

Seeing the trailer, it seems to have orchestration to it again + the awesome remix of MM2 Title Theme and Wily Castle -1- in Mega Man's trailer.

I'm though stoked towards quality of the remixes and the soundtrack selection.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I got 4600.
First Mega Man. Who's after MM?
Wii Fit trainer then Rosalina

Oh maan, I COMPLETELY forgot about the music for this game!

Seeing the trailer, it seems to have orchestration to it again + the awesome remix of MM2 Title Theme and Wily Castle -1- in Mega Man's trailer.

I'm though stoked towards quality of the remixes and the soundtrack selection.
The guy with the Kricetune avi forgot about the music? Shocking. I'm looking forward to it too.

Last edited by a moderator:

*The Sensus Crustulum*

Smash Journeyman
I would love to see a full match and maybe some online capabilities shown.
A downloadable demo is a possibility also.
Which brings me to the question, if they released a demo for the Eshop, what would you think it will contain?

Last edited:

SuperSah

Smash Cadet
NNID
SuperSah
3DS FC
4425-2273-6142
Much hype.
Much wait.
Much impatience.

:C

Ultima777

Smash Apprentice
I hope they announce the return of Ike and the inclusion of Chrom at the same time. They would do this by having Marth fight whoever and then Ike comes out of nowhere and K.O.s the other person. It says Ike returns to the brawl! Then marth and Ike start fighting and Chrom comes out of nowhere soon after and smashes in between them. They dodge and do their dash attacks to hit Chrom. Chrom falls to the floor, then Ike and marth continue to battle. Chrom lies there for a little longer, then a smash ball flies in and chrom uses the opportunity to get up and get the smash ball, then yells ANYTHING CAN CHANGE!!! Then he uses his final smash on Ike and Marth to K.O. them.Then it says anything can change Chrom joins the brawl! I am not saying this would happen. (Probably won`t) But it would be pretty cool.

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
He's one of the smallest and lightest characters in the game, and has maybe 5-7 moves in which he personally strikes, otherwise he relies on the strength of his several Pikmin to take down the, again, larger and stronger opponents. The reason he can't be even smaller than he already is is because the characters of SSBB, from Meta Knight to Ganondorf, are all substantially more mobile and aggressive than anything in the Pikmin universe.

Kirby, who may be the shortest, is normally about the same size as weak enemies and 1/2-1/3 the size of stronger enemies, and absolutely tiny compared to most bosses. The characters of SSB are of the appropriate scale. You may notice that Kirby and Dedede are still roughly the same size relative to each other, compared to their own games.

The most reasonable argument against Ridley is that that scale consistency would be violated, as Ridley is about the size he is in SSE in almost every Metroid game, and when he wasn't that size, it was due to technical limitations. And don't bring up Bowser in Mario 64, he has been given a canon height, and it's consistent with his current portrayal.

I don't doubt that Ridley will make it in [he will, there is no doubt in my mind of this], but your arguments are not just full of holes, they're also presented in the most obnoxious manner possible.

You can be obnoxious or you can have bad arguments, one or the other. Both together is incredibly annoying.
Ridley has never ever been the SSBB size, SSBB's pretty much the reason people say "Ridley's too big" because he was gigantic on that game, beyond-canon gigantic. And using your moveset adaption argument, Ridley would stay pretty faithful to the Metroid series if he was protrayed as most Ridley supporters suggest, a master of the air game but sluggish when he's grounded, that's pretty much how Ridley works in most Metroid games, he's extremely dangeorus while he's on the air and more approachable when on the ground, regardless of size, which isn't even an important part of Ridley's personality.

And the Bowser argument does work here, because again, if Bowser's personality depended on his size, he wouldn't feel as brutal and monsterlike as he does in SSBM and SSBB, Ridley's personality depends on how he's both extremely intelligent and extremely brutal at the same time, depicting him right wouldn't depend on his size. And you're obnoxious too :)

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
What are you doing? Playing a game or something?
It's already been linked a lot, but here.
Ridley has never ever been the SSBB size, SSBB's pretty much the reason people say "Ridley's too big" because he was gigantic on that game, beyond-canon gigantic.
Looks about right to, actually.
And using your moveset adaption argument, Ridley would stay pretty faithful to the Metroid series if he was protrayed as most Ridley supporters suggest, a master of the air game but sluggish when he's grounded, that's pretty much how Ridley works in most Metroid games, he's extremely dangeorus while he's on the air and more approachable when on the ground, regardless of size, which isn't even an important part of Ridley's personality.
I wasn't arguing against his moveset, I was just pointing out how physically weak Olimar is...

And the Bowser argument does work here, because again, if Bowser's personality depended on his size, he wouldn't feel as brutal and monsterlike as he does in SSBM and SSBB, Ridley's personality depends on how he's both extremely intelligent and extremely brutal at the same time, depicting him right wouldn't depend on his size.
I don't even...
And you're obnoxious too :)
Thanks?[/quote]

Last edited:

PaperX

Smash Cadet
I'm not gonna be wearing any pants during this Direct so I don't ruin another pair like when I learned about it.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Bowser has pretty much Always been taller than Mario than Ridley is too Samus, that itself destroys the 'Ridley is too big' argument. Add that up with so much more pointing to size-matters-not, why is this talked about once more, and in a unrelated thread?

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I've been reading a few peculiar comments and would like to take the time to say this:
DON'T SKIP SCHOOL SO YOU CAN WATCH THIS LIVE
Eh, if you're not on College or work, you can skip school to watch this live, pretty much every single thing they teach on High School: USELESS
While a Smash Direct fills the soul.
Bowser has pretty much Always been taller than Mario than Ridley is too Samus, that itself destroys the 'Ridley is too big' argument. Add that up with so much more pointing to size-matters-not, why is this talked about once more, and in a unrelated thread?
Talking about Ridley with a possible Ridley reveal in the horizon is hardly unrelated.

Last edited:

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
Maybe.... maybe Falco will be revealed in a way that hints at a brand-new Star Fox game in development for Wii U.... hey, a man can dream right?

Also, that's some weak arm hair on your arm if it doesn't flutter in the lightest of breezes.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Eh, if you're not on College or work, you can skip school to watch this live, pretty much every single thing they teach on High School: USELESS

Talking about Ridley with a possible Ridley reveal in the horizon is hardly unrelated.
I only gave you a like because of this quote

MasterofMonster

Smash Master

That is true. Talking about the old 'Ridley size' argument is not on topic, however. ^^

@ SuperSah SuperSah
And it will end up with no 3DS footage at all. :p

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
[collapse=Fun with a giant purple space di...]

Slightly under twice the height

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
Unless he's going to be a playable character, I'd kind of like the Direct to begin with confirming Ridley as a stage hazard (through gameplay or screenshots or something), just so we can get some closure on this. Same with Palutena so that the whole 'leak' business can finally be proven/disproven.

Top Bottom