• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Direct on April 8th, 3pm PST!!

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Hurts me too, but letting stupid arguments be the last word hurts more.
I guess that's why it hurts so much to let you have the last word.

That size right there's a middle ground between the two pictures you showed, he's not too big, and he's not too small, although he could be a little smaller on that picture and it'd still look just fine.

But seriously, Ridley's E3 material at worst, it'd be much better to reveal him already, it'd soothe the fanbase's wounds greatly. I think that most people can agree that keeping Ridley as as a hidden character would be a stupid decision, business-wise and hype-wise. Also, did anyone notice how the 3DS eShop shifted to a 'Villains' theme? I know it probably doesn't mean anything, but just imagine getting Ridley and K.Rool on the same Direct! I personally would love Ridley and Hades, but as long as Palutena's not revealed, Hades is a pipe dream.

Sakurai DID add two new character from his own franchise on Brawl, an antagonist and an antihero...so Kid Icarus being kind of his adopted child could mean that we could get both Palutena and Hades. Medusa over Hades would piss me off beyond reason.

Last edited:

StreetPassWanter

Smash Apprentice
You know what? I'm going to avoid everything Ridley. Because I haven't played many Metroid games, I know I'll mess up like I did above. I still don't think he's a good fit. Then again, I'm not a Metroid fan and would rather have Palutena.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
I was going to avoid this "argument" like the plague, but then I saw your post. What the hell are you saying, of course his size has been wildly inconsistent in each game!

Hell, in Metroid Prime 3 Corruption the developers didn't give a damn about how large he is. For example, when he's Meta Ridley he's large enough to have Samus fit in his mouth.
View attachment 11510
...And then later on, in the same game I repeat, he's suddenly small enough to the point where he would choke if he even tried to eat Samus's upper body whole.
Fight starts at 3:56
Wow, I've never seen that before, that's very funny

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
I guess that's why it hurts so much to let you have the last word.

That size right there's a middle ground between the two pictures you showed, he's not too big, and he's not too small, although he could be a little smaller on that picture and it'd still look just fine.
Bowser is SO PERFECT!

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
You know what? I'm going to avoid everything Ridley. Because I haven't played many Metroid games, I know I'll mess up like I did above. I still don't think he's a good fit. Then again, I'm not a Metroid fan and would rather have Palutena.
Why not have both?

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
here, I'll take neutral grounds on this Ridley debate and have the last laugh either way

NOW CAN WE PLEASE BE ON TOPIC

LETS TALK ABOUT A DIFFERENT "newcomer" MAYBE TOM NOOK OR SOMETHING

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
What a wasted weekend this has been. Did I seriously just sit at home and eat/do chores so I can refresh this forum over and over again? I still have some Sunday left, maybe I'll go on a hike.

*looks outside to see it's raining*

Well I wonder what's going on in the rumors thread...

I expect one newcomer, and just an indepth breakdown via video. I don't really expect much else we haven't seen, but rather everything we've seen in our 200 pics of the day in gameplay video.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
LETS TALK ABOUT A DIFFERENT "newcomer" MAYBE TOM NOOK OR SOMETHING
How about non-newcomer information? I, for one, am curious to see more stages. I especially wonder what Sakurai will be doing for the 3DS Megaman stage(or if there will even be one!); Will he go to the Classic GB games for inspiration, or could he take locations from the more recent Zero/ZX/EXE/Star Force series? So many possibilities...

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I don't know, the art I took had him holding something. No idea what it is :/
Oh. Oooh, gotta be 'The Baby', right? Do post the art, cuz' or else, I have no idea what Ridley would be carrying around. XD

About that 'Villain' thing, maybe the'll do some Villain reveals here. Ridley, King K. Rool and Mewtwo would be some Epic reveals.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Y'know guys, gameplay exists too. >_>
I really want to see how the ledge mechanics work in motion, as well as all the other changes in this game.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Y'know guys, gameplay exists too. >_>
I really want to see how the ledge mechanics work in motion, as well as all the other changes in this game.
That's why I'm hoping for a full match, so it's easier to analyze and see everything in motion. We got one pre-Brawl, though that was arguably to show off the online aspect of the game.

*The Sensus Crustulum*

Smash Journeyman
Oh. Oooh, gotta be 'The Baby', right? Do post the art, cuz' or else, I have no idea what Ridley would be carrying around. XD

About that 'Villain' thing, maybe the'll do some Villain reveals here. Ridley, King K. Rool and Mewtwo would be some Epic reveals.
The boards will explode because of the hype, I would be crying, highly doubt it though.
A little part of me hopes for Banjo & Kazooie being revealed at the direct.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
That's why I'm hoping for a full match, so it's easier to analyze and see everything in motion. We got one pre-Brawl, though that was arguably to show off the online aspect of the game.
That, and we'll definitely see if they fixed the hitstun cancelling that Brawl had.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
The boards will explode because of the hype, I would be crying, highly doubt it though.
A little part of me hopes for Banjo & Kazooie being revealed at the direct.
Crying from Joy, I hope?

@ Baskerville Baskerville
While I am mostly interested in characters, you can bet I am very hyped for anything gameplay as well. I do hope you won't be able to cancel out while tumbling. It's not as satesfying smacking out a foe only to NOT be able to see him tumble helplessly. D:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Yea I want one too but its not like they are going to play it fast. They can deceive us with their game play. It all depends on how they play the match. If they play it slowly then everyone will think its more like Brawl. If they play it quickly then it will be perceived more closely to Melee. It all depends. Of course theres more than that. Maybe other characters have different tilt F-smashes like Little Mac and we haven't seen them yet.

Rocket Raccoon

Writing Team
Seriously, somebody send me a pic of that Bowser in that picture.

Give me 40 minutes of Smash 4 and you will have me sold.

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
What could he do, though? Be a villager clone?
oh, you just have the brightest outlook on everything, don't you?

well, uh, that's a possability I guess. I was thinking having more to do with using a big sac of coins as a weapon. that would be interesting. and his specials could be different furniture items, so it would cover the other half of AC the villager doesn't have, money and decorations.

that's just some basics

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
@ Baskerville Baskerville
While I am mostly interested in characters, you can bet I am very hyped for anything gameplay as well. I do hope you won't be able to cancel out while tumbling. It's not as satesfying smacking out a foe only to NOT be able to see him tumble helplessly. D:
And being able to cancel momentum all the way up to 200%... -.-
Really the main things I want changed are carrying momentum from your run into a jump, stake moves, and actual SPIKES.

Rocket Raccoon

Writing Team
oh, you just have the brightest outlook on everything, don't you?

well, uh, that's a possability I guess. I was thinking having more to do with using a big sac of coins as a weapon. that would be interesting. and his specials could be different furniture items, so it would cover the other half of AC the villager doesn't have, money and decorations.

that's just some basics
What would happen in a Coin Battle? :troll:

WE HAVE NOT TALKED ABOUT THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF SMASH BROS., COIN BATTLES!

First is a fake for some reason.

Last edited:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
If they reveal characters at this direct, personally, they have to be pretty popular characters. There's no doubt in my mind there may be some less popular, unexpected character left to be announced, but at this thing, it's all about the heavy hitters.
I think any new character revealed in this direct is going to be geared more for the community and less the general public. Isaac, Ridley and Shulk are all characters that come to mind. I think Mii, Palutena and Pac-Man, should they happen, will be reserved for E3.

Last edited:
Top Bottom