• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Direct on April 8th, 3pm PST!!

Dairz

Smash Ace
Reviewing it again, the last hit on his jab is different, and the speeds on some of his moves are different, though still the same move.
Point is, Jab combo, Fair, Dtilt, Utilt, Fsmash, Dair, Dash, Side special, down special, and his final smash are different. Thats 10 different moves. You also stated Falco had "entirely different" standard attacks, which is odd considering Falco only has 6 different moves in his entire moveset. (counting Down B)

So tell me, how is Luigi a clone yet Falco isn't?

Last edited:

VhatDeHel

Smash Apprentice
Wooh! More arguing!

I love Weegee, but out of his entire moveset, his dash is different, his Fsmash is different and his specials are different. That leaves roughly 21 moves that are exactly the same as Mario's

Falco and wolf have specials that are similar to Fox (though Wolf's have very different properties), but their entire standard movesets are different.

Lucas is exactly like Wolf, in that regard.
Luigi's neutral air, forward air, downward air, dash attack, B, Side B, Up B, Down B, up tilt, forward smash, and down smash are all different moves or have considerably different properties from Mario's moves.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Point is, Jab combo, Fair, Dtilt, Utilt, Fsmash, Dair, Dash, Side special, down special, and his final smash are different. Thats 10 8 different moves. You also stated Falco had "entirely different" standard attacks, which is odd considering Falco only has 6 different moves in his entire moveset. (counting Down B)

So tell me, how is Luigi a clone yet Falco isn't?
Yeah... I goofed on Falco. I'll say semi-clone for him.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
The only character that I consider a complete clone is Toon Link, and even then his different size, speed, and properties make him different enough that it barely matters. Falco is a semi-clone for the most part, while Wolf, Lucas, and Luigi can barely even be called clones, but they still could have been better.

This is straying off topic though, so hopefully we'll get some veterans with more changes for the direct eh? *cough*Ganondorf*cough*

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
I've been reading a few peculiar comments and would like to take the time to say this:
DON'T SKIP SCHOOL SO YOU CAN WATCH THIS LIVE.
IT'S JUST ONE DAY, GET OFF MY BACK MOM.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Hospitality major.
Oh nice. Not sure if it's required or not, but accounting is always good to have especially if you want to own your own business.

I have a bachelors in accounting and I'm working on my CPA. Let me know if you ever need any help.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

And we'll have two pictures in the lead-up as well so it's gonna be a good time.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just realized something...

Tuesday, when I'm in class rather than watching the Nintendo Direct (:urg:), I'm in front of a computer that has internet (but no sound) the whole time in class. During that time, I pretty much just surf the web pretty much the whole time looking up stuff like The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon, & Super Smash Bros. rather than following along with the teacher (this class is way too easy).

But since the Direct will be going on when I'm class, I'm in MAJOR danger of spoiling myself before I watch the Direct (I want to watch the Direct right when I get home spoiler-free).

Guess I'll just stay offline and actually listen to the teacher this time around...

DAMN YOU, SAKURAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIII!!!!

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Oh and here's the old Developer direct so we can get an idea of what to see.

One minor thing I noticed, when Mario adjusts his hat as part of his idle pose it moves a lot more.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Thank the lord it's at 6 for me.

Honestly, there's only so much I can speculate now. I already have my guesses, I'm pretty much done until Tuesday.

Dairz

Smash Ace
The smash 2048 is super addicting, but I'm mostly playing to see which character boxes come next... is that bad?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Let's come up with taglines for the newcomers that we want while we're waiting.
Palutena graces the battlefield!
Mewtwo strikes back!
Dillon rolls in!

xxEliteAlicexx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xxEliteAlicexx
What a wasted weekend this has been. Did I seriously just sit at home and eat/do chores so I can refresh this forum over and over again? I still have some Sunday left, maybe I'll go on a hike.

*looks outside to see it's raining*

Well I wonder what's going on in the rumors thread...

I expect one newcomer, and just an indepth breakdown via video. I don't really expect much else we haven't seen, but rather everything we've seen in our 200 pics of the day in gameplay video.
Now that I read this... this has literally been my weekend too. Holy ****....

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I predict there will be rage, tears and dissapointment in this thread after the direct, due to everyone unrealistic expactations.
That's like saying "I predict the sun won't explode in the next 5 seconds". It's true but unimpressive.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Ridley Soars In!
Lucina Challenges Fate!

Black Shadow Unleashes His Demons!
Ghirahim Graces the Battlefield!

Peppy Hare Rolls In!
Snake Has A Deal With Sony!
Sandbag Lands A Home Run!

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Mii would like to play!
Palutena shines forth!
(Diplomacy has failed) Wonder Red unites up!

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
King K. Rool plunders in!

Last edited by a moderator:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
As long as no one posts that Chrom mouse pad....

Takamaru bows and enters!
Dixie Kong helicopters in!
Mii's customized the battlefield!
Toon Zelda lights the battlefield!
Tetra swashbuckles in!

Top Bottom