• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Direct on April 8th, 3pm PST!!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I've more than once had to not watch the Direct live due to school, especially because I had evaluations going on.

I didn't die. Still, each one is free to make his/her own decisions, but of course, deal with the consequences later.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
48 hours?

To-do list:
  • Sleep (Today)
  • Go to school (Tomorrow)
  • Sleep (Tomorrow)
  • Go to school (Tuesday)
  • Watch the Direct

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Wait are people still seriously contemplating skipping school or work to watch the Nintendo Direct?

Don't. Seriously, it's not worth it. Watching one Direct live isn't worth skipping a day of your education. F***, I know the feeling. I've got an exam the same day as the Direct at a close enough time that watching it live isn't an option for me(oh the days when I was home free by 5/6 in the evening). But it's not worth it. You're education/career is WAY more important than a 20-30 minute long commercial for a f***ing toy that will contain info you'll get later anyway and will be archived for your enjoyment on the internet later as well.
Lucky for me the direct is literally one hour after school ends for me.
I get to walk home, take a break, turn on the computer just in time to see everyone piss their pants, and watch the Direct.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Wait are people still seriously contemplating skipping school or work to watch the Nintendo Direct?

Don't. Seriously, it's not worth it. Watching one Direct live isn't worth skipping a day of your education. F***, I know the feeling. I've got an exam the same day as the Direct at a close enough time that watching it live isn't an option for me(oh the days when I was home free by 5/6 in the evening). But it's not worth it. You're education/career is WAY more important than a 20-30 minute long commercial for a f***ing toy that will contain info you'll get later anyway and will be archived for your enjoyment on the internet later as well.
I know school and work is a big deal, but a potential Ridley reveal at this direct would be much bigger.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694

He has a point. Besides, the direct will be on YT shortly after with no lag, so don't worry.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Chrom? Palutena? Isaac? Takamaru? Ridley? Shulk? .... Savvy Stylist?
Who's it gonna be?
Such excitment!!

Lozjam

Smash Champion
So, I am really hoping to see Single Player, and maybe a match or two.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I watched the direct that revealed Sonic on my iPod during a college class... I still feel guilty...

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

Well, good thing my exam is from 12:30 PM to 1:45 PM. I could just skip the next class since they are all just doing presentations anyway and I finished mine last month.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Well, good thing my exam is from 12:30 PM to 1:45 PM. I could just skip the next class since they are all just doing presentations anyway and I finished mine last month.
Hey, you never know. Whatever they're presenting might actually be fun or interesting. What class tho?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Hey, you never know. Whatever they're presenting might actually be fun or interesting. What class tho?
Effective Leadership... we all had to do our 10+ page papers on our selected leaders that were due before Spring Break and then do our presentations on our leaders after Spring Break. Mine was T. Alan Hurwitz.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I played the Menu Song from Horsetail and scrolled down, and then DustyPumpkin's signature made it even better. I'm dead. :laugh:

Though, I'm excited that the Direct is only two days away.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Not even Denzel can stop this hype train!

:colorful: WE JUST LOST ALL BRAKES!!! :colorful:

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Whoa, the hype here is reaching critical levels.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I dont know how much to expect in terms of characters, but I'm sure we will see:

Release Date
New levels
Gameplay changes
Adventure Mode / mode discussion
Veterans revealed

We will probably see a newcomer, since this whole thing is about Smash.

Lozjam

Smash Champion

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
To all the people cursing the fact they have school or work at the time of the ND, here is some advice:

- Don't skip school. Trust me, the long term gratification will more than outweigh this temporary one.
- Just bookmark the link to Nintendo's ND stream. All anyone has to do when they get home is open their browser, click the bookmark, and press play. Voila.

Something else I'd like to throw out to the community: when Tuesday rolls around, please don't make it any harder on us mods than needed. We're going to be dealing with enough crap in between the almost certain intermittent down times to be beating people upside the head for acting like monkeys. Consider this a PSA.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
To all the people cursing the fact they have school or work at the time of the ND, here is some advice:

- Don't skip school. Trust me, the long term gratification will more than outweigh this temporary one.
- Just bookmark the link to Nintendo's ND stream. All anyone has to do when they get home is open their browser, click the bookmark, and press play. Voila.
This 100%. Remember, even if you can't see the Direct live, you can watch the pre-recording at any time.

Tails_Glados_Puff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Console ban tho
I love you all, The Runaway Guys are the best, CAPTAIN FALCON IS PARALLEL PARKING
Whenever I see someone not playing a game well during lets plays, it always annoys me for some reason. It's like once I know something that can enhance play, I tend to tell people to use it.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
Ya'll are a bunch of nerds, choosing to stay in school over this

I'm for sure leaving work early to watch my live-streamed video game preview event *pushes glasses up nose*

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
Ridley would be a pretty big deal, but I would like them to shed some light on Palutena's role in the game.

Crappy jokes aside, I would be happy with a Snake confirmation, anything else is gravy

Top Bottom