• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Direct on April 8th, 3pm PST!!

Tails_Glados_Puff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Console ban tho
I wouldn't be surprised if we were disappointed, or blown away. It's Sakurai we're talking about here.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Whenever I see someone not playing a game well during lets plays, it always annoys me for some reason. It's like once I know something that can enhance play, I tend to tell people to use it.
They don't do that badly during that let's play, well except for the very last bonus episode. Oh Tim His Wife.........

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I watched the direct that revealed Sonic on my iPod during a college class... I still feel guilty...
Dude at work I just put it on my phone (Tablet now that I have one) and kinda barely watch it out of the corner of my eye while I'm still working. My boss knows about it and her boss even lent me headphones lol. Pretty legit as long as I'm not too distracted. Which is why I'm just getting off early on Tuesday, since the whole thing will distract me

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Originally, on Tuesday, I was going to be getting ready to take an exam at the time the direct airs, but thanks to some very productive study time I feel better taking it earlier in the day. Last direct I wasn't able to be here during the Mac reveal, but that won't be the case this time.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I wouldn't be surprised if we were disappointed, or blown away. It's Sakurai we're talking about here.
I think this depends on the what we're waiting for. In anycase, this Direct is gonna be highly anticipated on, so the ones making it have to make sure it has info that keeps us interested to the game. So yeah, I think I find it unlikely that they'd dish out pointless information or footage.

Tails_Glados_Puff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Console ban tho
I think this depends on the what we're waiting for. In anycase, this Direct is gonna be highly anticipated on, so the ones making it have to make sure it has info that keeps us interested to the game. So yeah, I think I find it unlikely that they'd dish out pointless information or footage.
Remember VGX? Yeah......

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Funnily enough, I don't have any school during Tuesday, AND Wednesday. Should be a place where I'd have an exam, but this period has not many courses, which made some of these exams not be.

Might as well chillax. But I also say it: Don't skip school at any means.
The Direct won't be going anywhere, much the hype around it after few days. Or weeks. In fact, it might change the way we view the game as whole for days to come until it's release.

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I have as feeling there will be things that get fans utterly pumped, and then somewhere down the line Sakurai will reveal something that will have fans will be disappointed/confused, but over time come to accept, maybe even, embrace the news.

Kinda like Wii Fit Trainer.

Tailisu10

Smash Journeyman
Finally, we will probably see 3DS footage, we haven't seen one since the developer direct.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'm having an Easter Break right now so I can more or less watch the Direct at my own leisure (Especially since it starts at 11 PM where I live so even if I had College, I could still easily catch up to the Direct)

But yeah, for those who have School or Work during the Direct, you shouldn't skip it just to see the Direct. Just catch up to it when you do have the time to see it really.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
Would you be super bummed if the only newcomer shown on Tuesday is Mii?

I'm excited at the prospects of playing as ourselves in Smash, but I'm not sure it could hold its own with a hype buildup of this level

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

I'm excited at the prospects of playing as ourselves in Smash, but I'm not sure it could hold its own with a hype buildup of this level
I wouldn't mind Mii (he's in my top 3) but only one newcomer would be a little underwhelming.

Tails_Glados_Puff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Console ban tho

Basically, but that again, was because full-blown expectations on a videogame "awards". What to even call that, really.
We can't just lower our expectations like that, or at least I can't. I can't lie to myself in order to think something will be less hype then it is.

SuperLuigiTheIntalian

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sagablitz
I wanna see Roy return and Dr.Mario Return as an alternate costume, i wanna see Bomberman, Palutena, Isaac, Krystle, and King K. Rool be in SSB4!

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Not really, I'd enjoy the meltdown and tears on NeoGAF as well as some users on this board. That alone would make him/her/it/them worth it; even though Mii is boring.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

Yes. It's an absolutely perfect choice for a secret character, but it's not something that would leave a good taste in my mouth if it showed up in the Direct that they're hyping up the ****in butt.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Not really, I'd enjoy the meltdown and tears on NeoGAF as well as some users on this board. That alone would make him/her/it/them worth it; even though Mii is boring.
That's nothing!
If you really want meltdowns. Either try GameFAQs or Miiverse.

kylexv

Smash Master
I'm lucky enough to have spring break this week.
The only bad thing is school can't kill time like the February Direct

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
Yes. It's an absolutely perfect choice for a secret character, but it's not something that would leave a good taste in my mouth if it showed up in the Direct that they're hyping up the ****in butt.
I would say we're doing the up the butt part

But I guess considering Nintendo's usual level of hype-ti-tude (none) a placeholder page a few days earlier than normal is calmly warning us that panties will be soaked

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I would say we're doing the up the butt part

But I guess considering Nintendo's usual level of hype-ti-tude (none) a placeholder page a few days earlier than normal is calmly warning us that panties will be soaked
Yeah; it's definitely "hype up the butt" if they break tradition for it. At least relative hype.

Unless they're pulling a bait and switch. I'm watching you, Nintendo...

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I think newcomers are the least of what we should hope for. Personally if we got a few newcomers/vets and no new modes or raw footage I'd be less enthused than if we got only the latter.

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
It is kind of interesting to think of what characters they're likely to announce on the premise that they won't announce unlockable characters. I can't see Palutena, Mii, or Takamaru for those reasons. Shulk, maybe? Or Isaac? I could see another new series being represented. I don't think they need to hype Ridley; at this point if he's included it will be hype in and of itself.

I'm hoping we get to see what the Phantom Knight is from Zelda's screenshot, maybe some raw gameplay footage on Pyrosphere, just to see what it's like.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I'm interested in seeing what the bottom screen on the 3DS version is used for. I'm sure it'll hold the HUD but maybe it'll do something else, too.

StreetPassWanter

Smash Apprentice

Remember what you're hyping for. Also, I'm not sure how I should go around adding the Direct in this. 16 + ~30 minutes = 46 minutes of SSB4. Not sure if that's gonna work out smooth. :p

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
We still haven't seen if the Villager has a female alt so that's definitely something I'd like to see in the direct.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Well according to the OP it'll be on 1 hour before I have to be at work (CST)... :D Do these directs ever go on for that long?

@ Curious Villager Curious Villager

I just had extreme deja vu after looking at those characters within your signature and avatar. What series is that if you don't mind me asking?!

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
The hype levels on this thread are over nine-tho.... that joke is so over-used.

But seriously. Sakurai definitely dealt over 999% damage by revealing this direct 4 days early.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Well according to the OP it'll be on 1 hour before I have to be at work (CST)... :D Do these directs ever go on for that long?
Directs can range from any where from 10 to 20 or so mins.

Last edited:

Lazurwolf

Smash Apprentice
The first thing we'll see of smash 4 in the direct is the main menu probably. Then Sakurai/Reggie/Iwata/White dude will go over 1st player mode then afterwards some gameplay. Release date at the end of the direct.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Directs can range from any where from 10 to 20 or so mins.
I'm pretty sure the longest one has been around 45 minutes. Maybe that was the E3 one though... I thought they were normally about 30 minutes. But this one is game specific so you are probably right.

Top Bottom