• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Direct on April 8th, 3pm PST!!

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
oh, you just have the brightest outlook on everything, don't you?

well, uh, that's a possability I guess. I was thinking having more to do with using a big sac of coins as a weapon. that would be interesting. and his specials could be different furniture items, so it would cover the other half of AC the villager doesn't have, money and decorations.

that's just some basics
Nah, it's fun trolling Ridley fans, but I meant it as an actual question.
I guess I support him, though I don't see it happening. I mostly just like him because of a song that I would get infracted for imbedding [<explicit].
Geez you guys don't know Tom Nook at all.
Nope, I don't. That's kinda the point of asking about him...

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I'm so glad the hype train is back! When it crashed, smashboards wasn't that lively, now it's booming!

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Hopefully sakurai will throw yoshi fans a bone, its already weird enough that we havent seen him yet when we all know hes coming.

poor guy

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Yay, Im done....
View attachment 11511

I shall now enjoy the Direct 3X as much with the *Grabs Popcorn* deal being completely legit now.
I wouldn't expect a demo ... unless the game be delayed, in worst scenario; And... Sakurai said about no having crossplay between the versions right? ...
But I would like to see the Galaxy stage in action! :3

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I won't be making any predictions on exactly what character(s) will be shown in this Super Smash Bros. Direct to avoid disappointment. I'm just going for the vague at least 3 characters (newcomer and/or veteran) and (hopefully) a release date.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Did anyone else hear about some Monolith Soft guy retweeting the Smash Direct tweet? lol
Another one?? I remember a woman re tweeted the news a while ago.

EDIT: Nvm, same person.

Last edited:

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Girl actually. She just said she was looking forward to the game. When someone asked if it meant Shulk was in, she replied with "I'm allowed to just like other games, you know."
Smart of her. Even if there's no Shulk, I'm glad she gave some people a reality check that she too is a person just like them and can be excited for a game.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Girl actually. She just said she was looking forward to the game. When someone asked if it meant Shulk was in, she replied with "I'm allowed to just like other games, you know."
I love that reply. lol
Another one?? I remember a woman re tweeted on a while ago.
Heard it was a guy who did it. I heard it on the comments on a blog post about the Smash Direct.

chronomantic

Smash Ace
is it naive to expect an idea of how many characters are we going to get? how did it go with Brawl? also I hate that we may get less characters due to the connectivity features between the WII U and the 3DS.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Quote from her:

"スマブラ楽しみですね〜"

Someone else: "Is Shulk going to be there? =)"

"Shouldn't I simply look forward to other companies' games? (the proper translation of 楽しみ is "I'm looking forward to".)"

PokéMurio

Smash Apprentice
Maybe Yoshi carries Baby Mario this time? It would give new dimensions to old character.

Last edited:

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Falco is very much a clone, Wolf and Lucas are barely clones, but the point still stands. Luigi is the least clone of the bunch.
Wooh! More arguing!

I love Weegee, but out of his entire moveset, his dash is different, his Fsmash is different and his specials are different. That leaves roughly 21 moves that are exactly the same as Mario's

Falco and wolf have specials that are similar to Fox (though Wolf's have very different properties), but their entire standard movesets are different.

Lucas is exactly like Wolf, in that regard.

Dairz

Smash Ace
Wooh! More arguing!

I love Weegee, but out of his entire moveset, his dash is different, his Fsmash is different and his specials are different. That leaves roughly 21 moves that are exactly the same as Mario's

Falco and wolf have specials that are similar to Fox (though Wolf's have very different properties), but their entire standard movesets are different.

Lucas is exactly like Wolf, in that regard.
What in the world are you talking about? Luigi also has a different D-tilt, U-tilt, Fair, Dair...

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Quote from her:

"スマブラ楽しみですね〜"

Someone else: "Is Shulk going to be there? =)"

"Shouldn't I simply look forward to other companies' games? (the proper translation of 楽しみ is "I'm looking forward to".)"

Just, so you know. Always secretly kind of been a silent fan of every newcomer.

@SmashChu You are needed here.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Am I missing something? Is this being taken as something for Shulk?
Any time a game developer even breathes the words "Super Smash Bros" it is taken as some type of esoteric proof that character ____ is in the game.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Yes, I am celebrating the fact that Shulk might be in, if that is what you're asking.
I think he's saying that the "Shouldn't I simply look forward to other companies' games? (the proper translation of 楽しみ is "I'm looking forward to".)" quote isn't confirming ANYTHING.

Any time a game developer even breathes the words "Super Smash Bros" it is taken as some type of esoteric proof that character ____ is in the game.
That sounds like jumping the gun and could potentially lead to disappointment.

Last edited:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Well the dev from next level games did mention the direct in his twitter which ended up being mac's reveal. Although yeah its best not to hold onto every one of those either way.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Wooh! More arguing!

I love Weegee, but out of his entire moveset, his dash is different, his Fsmash is different and his specials are different. That leaves roughly 21 moves that are exactly
I'm not arguing here...

Just pointing out that Luigi has plenty of different moves: Standard combo, up tilt, down tilt, up smash, forward smash, forward aerial, down aerial, side special, down special, and most importantly, he doesn't have a Landmaster Mario Finale.

Last edited:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
That sounds like jumping the gun and could potentially lead to disappointment.
Aren't game developers allowed to be fans too without any direct involvement? Granted, I'm not saying there isn't a reason for Soraya Saga to be more expressive of her enjoyment for the new game -- obviously we won't know that until after Smash's release -- but to blindly assume the mention of Super Smash Bros equates to some kind of affiliation is just asking for major potential disappointment.

Goodness knows this hype train is overloaded as it is without adding anything else.

Last edited:
Top Bottom