• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. Canon Tournament! (Mario Vs. ????) - 06/14/10

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
I haven't played mother 3 actually... :(

dang!! I must not have read any of the rules then... But ness still has psi rockin omega and Lots of other psi options...

Okay... ganon doesn't die... Maybe he needs to be nuked or something, but I bet he'll still live.

I tried to make kirby seem better... I forgot the star that he rides around in shoots tons of lasers.

I guess I tried too hard to even the playing field... 'ms'ry

kr3wman

Smash Master
It's alright. It's just things we already discussed and stuff.

It's no problem.

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
Ganon may be immortal, but I would have to say Link using the Master Sword to trap him would mean Link wins, seeing as that is how it works in the Zelda games. I know that lots of the time he needs more than the sword to beat Ganon, but seeing as he is beatable in every Zelda game Link should (in theory) have what he needs.
Just throwing this out there, while, yes in Pokemon, Mewtwo only gets 4 moves, he can learn loads of moves, since he is the clone of Mew, who can learn almost every move. With that in mind, he could probably learn certain moves to help him defeat a certain foe.
http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/150.shtml
Shows most moves that Mewtwo can learn.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Falcon should be higher because he's manly! :laugh: Seriously though, what makes Sonic so good?!

Corigames

Smash Hero
People should follow these rules before posting:
1) Think
2) Post

If you don't do step one before step two you may run into problems.

cutter

Smash Champion
So I'm a bit bored, and I decided to look at Samus's full arsenal:

Beams:
Power Beam *
Long Beam *
Charge Beam *
Ice Beam *
Wave Beam *
Wide Beam *
Spazer Beam **
Plasma Beam *
Nova Beam *
Light Beam
Dark Beam
Annihilator Beam
Phazon Beam
Hyper Beam

* = stackable
** = Spazer Beam is stackable, but not compatible with the Plasma Beam

Beam Combos
Super Missile (homes in on target)
Wavebuster
Ice Spreader
Flamethrower
Darkburst
Sunburst
Sonic Boom

Missiles:
Missile Launcher (255)
Super Missiles (50)
Ice Missiles *
Diffusion Missiles *
Seeker Missiles *

* = stack with Missile Launcher

Morph Ball:
Bombs
Power Bombs (64)
Spring Ball
Boost Ball
Spider Ball
Hyper Ball

Visors:
Combat Visor
Scan Visor
Thermal Visor
X-Ray Visor (X-Ray Scope would probably lump here as well)
Dark Visor
Echo Visor
Command Visor

Suits:
Power Suit
Varia Suit
Gravity Suit
Phazon Suit
Fusion Suit
Dark Suit
Light Suit
PED Suit
Hazard Shield

All the suits pretty much stack together IIRC.

Misc:
Wall Jump
Hi Jump Boots
Speed Booster (+ Shinespark)
Grapple Beam
X-Ray Scope
Space Jump
Screw Attack

Defense
Energy Tank x20 (99 health per tank)
Reserve Tank x4 (99 health per tank)

That should be everything (coreygames or Dryn, you can let me know if I missed anything). I'm no Metroid expert, but I've played all the games and I love the series a lot. I just don't see Sonic being able to take out Samus against this type of an arsenal.

Just with the beam alone, Samus has a weapon with infinite ammo that splits up into multiple projectiles, freezes on contact, goes through walls, pierces targets, and can be charged up for even greater damage.

Cacti

Smash Journeyman
Even if PT did have access to other pokemon, it would only be the ones in Kanto, as he is the trainer Red from R/B/Y.

The only pokemon that coul probably beat Lucario in that game, would be Mew or Mewtwo. Mew was impossible to get without glitching/cheating, an there is only one Mewtwo, which is obviously not in the hans of PT as he is a seperate fighter on the tierist.

meery

Smash Cadet
Even if PT did have access to other pokemon, it would only be the ones in Kanto, as he is the trainer Red from R/B/Y.

The only pokemon that coul probably beat Lucario in that game, would be Mew or Mewtwo. Mew was impossible to get without glitching/cheating, an there is only one Mewtwo, which is obviously not in the hans of PT as he is a seperate fighter on the tierist.
Charizard. fire>steel, flying>fighting

Supersun

Smash Apprentice
So I'm a bit bored, and I decided to look at Samus's full arsenal:

Beams:
Power Beam *
Long Beam *
Charge Beam *
Ice Beam *
Wave Beam *
Wide Beam *
Spazer Beam **
Plasma Beam *
Nova Beam *
Light Beam
Dark Beam
Annihilator Beam
Phazon Beam
Hyper Beam

* = stackable
** = Spazer Beam is stackable, but not compatible with the Plasma Beam

Beam Combos
Super Missile (homes in on target)
Wavebuster
Ice Spreader
Flamethrower
Darkburst
Sunburst
Sonic Boom

Missiles:
Missile Launcher (255)
Super Missiles (50)
Ice Missiles *
Diffusion Missiles *
Seeker Missiles *

* = stack with Missile Launcher

Morph Ball:
Bombs
Power Bombs (64)
Spring Ball
Boost Ball
Spider Ball
Hyper Ball

Visors:
Combat Visor
Scan Visor
Thermal Visor
X-Ray Visor (X-Ray Scope would probably lump here as well)
Dark Visor
Echo Visor
Command Visor

Suits:
Power Suit
Varia Suit
Gravity Suit
Phazon Suit
Fusion Suit
Dark Suit
Light Suit
PED Suit
Hazard Shield

All the suits pretty much stack together IIRC.

Misc:
Wall Jump
Hi Jump Boots
Speed Booster (+ Shinespark)
Grapple Beam
X-Ray Scope
Space Jump
Screw Attack

Defense
Energy Tank x20 (99 health per tank)
Reserve Tank x4 (99 health per tank)

That should be everything (coreygames or Dryn, you can let me know if I missed anything). I'm no Metroid expert, but I've played all the games and I love the series a lot. I just don't see Sonic being able to take out Samus against this type of an arsenal.

Just with the beam alone, Samus has a weapon with infinite ammo that splits up into multiple projectiles, freezes on contact, goes through walls, pierces targets, and can be charged up for even greater damage.
I think you forgot about the beam tricks she can do in super metroid. I forget how to do them XD but it involved doing something after fully charging a blast. That and iirc if you morphball with a charged blast you release multiple bombs?

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
There's still a few minor errors in this tier list, which I'm too lazy to point out.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Good, then don't.

Also, don't bother posting. I mean, really, that post was a waste of #813. I would have done a GREAT post had I gotten #813, but you had to take it...

In Super Metroid you turn on the charge blast and 1 other beam and put the item selector on power bombs. Then charge the blast up all the way and you can get the beam tricks.

Depending on where the OP goes with things, Samus' damage can be astronomical. If I could only find my math-filled post in the other thread.

Supersun

Smash Apprentice
I don't "think" Giga Bowser is from a game. I think it's just a smash thing though I could be forgetting something.

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
Yoshi should be above Bowser, easily. He beat Bowser as an adult in YIDS. He would kill Jigglypuff in an instant, just eat or smash her.

Meta Knight and Dedede should be pretty low.

Luigi has most of the same abilities as Mario, and with his strong attacks in, say, SPM, he should beat Pichu no problem.

My tier list, just the Brawl characters:

Top Tier:

Ganondorf
Ness
Lucas
Marth
Link
Mario
Ike
Samus
Kirby
Sonic

High Tier:

Peach
Luigi
Wolf
Fox/Falco
Toon Link
Zelda
Snake
ZSS
Yoshi

Middle Tier:

Pit
Bowser
Captain Falcon
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Lucario
Charizard
Wario
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Pikachu

Low Tier:

Ivysaur
Ice Climbers
Squirtle
Sheik
Jigglypuff
Mr. Game & Watch
Olimar

Bottom Tier:

R.O.B

justaway12

Smash Master
♥ I don't think Yoshi should surpass Bowser, if anything I think Bowser should be higher, if he has his star rod he is invincible, in Super Mario RPG not only was he a hard hitter but had a variety of weapons and a number of magic attacks, personally I think he should move much higher. ♥

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
The problem is that Bowser is either too evil or too stupid to use the Star Rod properly. I mean, he couldn't even kill Mario with it.

Also, Yoshi can beat a 300 foot tall Bowser with 7 eggs.

justaway12

Smash Master
♥ Not because he is too stupid, the power came from the stars and can only be taken away by the stars, isn't that like the tri-force? Only the goddesses can take it away? I'm ignorant about LoZ though, besides Yoshi isn't as strong as Mario, it isn't about the size, heck Peach beat a gaint Bowser, doesn't mean she can beat him when he has the star rod, or Mario, unless she has access to the 7 stars/Chaos stars/Star rod etc.

Beside even if he was stupid, it wouldn't be hard to say "I wish Yoshi was dead."
♥

pizzapie7

Smash Ace

The guy that said Charizard is right, if Red EV'd him right.

Also, the Red trainer would also be Red from Mt. Silver in G/S/C (same person) giving him a high level Venasaur, Blastoise, Charizard, Pikachu, Espeon, and Snorlax, along with his Squirtle and Ivysaur, which he could easily switch into his party from any PC.

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
♥ Not because he is too stupid, the power came from the stars and can only be taken away by the stars, isn't that like the tri-force? Only the goddesses can take it away? I'm ignorant about LoZ though, besides Yoshi isn't as strong as Mario, it isn't about the size, heck Peach beat a gaint Bowser, doesn't mean she can beat him when he has the star rod, or Mario, unless she has access to the 7 stars/Chaos stars/Star rod etc.

Beside even if he was stupid, it wouldn't be hard to say "I wish Yoshi was dead."
♥
I have a theory that, since he didn't just wish Mario dead, that he can't make that kind of wish.

Also, Mario, Luigi, and Peach should be just above Kirby. Yoshi should be above Bowser and CF, Bowser should be above CF, and MK and Dedede should be quite a bit lower. Not only is MK like 10 inches tall, and Dedede about 2 feet tall, but they aren't even that hard.

justaway12

Smash Master
I have a theory that, since he didn't just wish Mario dead, that he can't make that kind of wish.
♥ Still, unless Yoshi has access to the star spirits, or probably the choas hearts, Bowser is invincible, literally nothing (or almost nothing) could hurt him. ♥

♥ Yoshi is very tough, (and adorable <3) but I don't think he could stand up to Bowser
♥

bobson

Smash Lord
Bowser is comically stupid. He didn't make that wish because he wanted to gloat and figured Mario couldn't do anything anyway.

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
Then everyone would be broken, wouldn't they? ^_^ (except for evil people) the thing is how would Yoshi know about the star spirits?
I'm assuming that the Mushroom World has SOME form of media. And I think that the Star Spirits thing is only applicable to characters in the Mario series (including Yoshi, the Kongs, and Wario)

Plus, Mario and Yoshi seem to be good friends, and I'm assuming that Mario would say SOMETHING about a particularly interesting adventure like the one of Paper Mario.

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman

Also, Mario, Luigi, and Peach should be just above Kirby. Yoshi should be above Bowser and CF, Bowser should be above CF, and MK and Dedede should be quite a bit lower. Not only is MK like 10 inches tall, and Dedede about 2 feet tall, but they aren't even that hard.
How big is Kirby anyway (never played a Kirby game :dizzy:). Bowser should be higher than he is, he is a giant firebreathing mutant Dragon-Turtle thing :chuckle:. But yeah, he has fire, spikes, sharp claws, and horns.Going into lava and coming back shows that he is borderline immune to intense heat. One of the biggest reasons to not have him be that high is losing to Mario, Luigi, and Peach.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
8 inch killing machine that can't be stopped unless you have godly powers.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Meta Knight can match Kirby, but thanks to Kirby's copy ability, Kirby will always top Meta Knight, and Kirby can use Meta Knight's sword.

Corigames

Smash Hero
No and no.

Sonic can be invincible for as long as he has rings and chaos emeralds (I believe he can have a max of 999 ring if not 312 or some form of byte) and MewTwo is just a psychic pokemon with 4 moves. He's not anime MewTwo.

They are where they are because they should.

bobson

Smash Lord
8 inch killing machine that can't be stopped unless you have godly powers.
Or a shoe.

No and no.

Sonic can be invincible for as long as he has rings and chaos emeralds (I believe he can have a max of 999 ring if not 312 or some form of byte) and MewTwo is just a psychic pokemon with 4 moves. He's not anime MewTwo.

They are where they are because they should.
Mewtwo beats Fox, Wolf, Falco and Samus because his psychic attacks aren't affected by their armor and they come at the speed of thought. He beats Ness on strict game mechanic terms as described earlier UNLESS Ness is allowed to use items, in which case Bowser is SS tier because the star rod makes him totally invincible. Lucas is just a weaker Ness. He also beats Kirby because Kirby is eight inches tall.
Ganondorf and Sonic are debatable.

Top Bottom