• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. Canon Tournament! (Mario Vs. ????) - 06/14/10

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Oh man I'm so confused =(

Mario and gang < than everyone cus dont they have:

-Starman: giving total invincibility
-Super Mushroom: Giving Major increase in size, strength, and jump height
-Fire Flower: giving Fire ability

Doesnt that kinda = total destruction?

Supersun

Smash Apprentice
I would consider raising Samus up with Ganondorf. I mean planets just seem to blow up after Samus is done with them. She has single handedly wiped out armies. Samus is invincible while screw attacking and while ODed with Phazon. The Hyper Beam and the Phazon Beam are about some of the most broken weapons I've seen.

Also I'd say Kirby is too high. Kirby can't suck up things that are significantly larger then him and given that he's only about 4 inches tall...yeah.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Who says Kirby needs to inhale his opponents when he can just get the power he need to beat them. I need more people to look into Kirby more, he has powers that make him broken like Tornado Kirby.

Supersun

Smash Apprentice
Best one imo was plasma kirby. I still think he's a bit too high though. I can't see him being on the same level as the rest of the tier.

Tacel

Smash Lord
There should be a whole other tier for Link at the very top.

bobson

Smash Lord
Who says Kirby needs to inhale his opponents when he can just get the power he need to beat them. I need more people to look into Kirby more, he has powers that make him broken like Tornado Kirby.
He's eight inches tall. It doesn't matter what power he's using if you can kill him by kicking him in the head.

Uffe

Smash Hero
First look at this made me angry, but I actually looked at each place and it's not too bad.

I honestly don't see how Zamus is that high up.
Zero Suit Samus is still Samus. Samus is at her prime versus a regular human being. She's strong without the suit, but even stronger with it.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Best one imo was plasma kirby. I still think he's a bit too high though. I can't see him being on the same level as the rest of the tier.
Plasma Kirby? That's a great power to have but it's not the best one. Tornado Kirby is invisible while spinning, does a good amount of damage if cilided with someone, and will take one second to spin again after spinning for three-four seconds. Kirby Squeak Squad Tornado Kirby is just mean, it takes the element form of what it touches like Tornado can form into a Fire Tornado, Ice Tornado, and en Electric Tornado and will do a great amount of damage when collided. I'll put Plasma around the 5th best after Tornado, Laser, Hammer, and Stone power.

He's eight inches tall. It doesn't matter what power he's using if you can kill him by kicking him in the head.
He's so small that he can't hurt anyone, even if he has Fire Kirby and if a human just steps on him, he will die without getting 10th degree burn. =/

Tacel

Smash Lord
Please enlighten me how Link can beat Samus, Ness, and Lucas. Yeah he can kill Gannondorf but there are plenty other people I can't see him beating.
Just look at the weapons he has in his games. I could be up all night listing them. He also has skill at using them.

Maybe he can't beat Samus, since she has a metal suit, but I'm very sure he could beat Ness and Lucas.

Supersun

Smash Apprentice
Look up some of the PK powers Ness and Lucas get. Pretty OPed stuff XD.

Tacel

Smash Lord
Look up some of the PK powers Ness and Lucas get. Pretty OPed stuff XD.
True, but if they are battling to the death, I think Link can dodge and maybe even shake off (I haven't played that much Earthbound, couldn't he dodge and shake of PSI attacks?) some PSI attacks long enough to strike them with arrows or slash the with the Master Sword or bomb them with a BombShoe or burn them with Din's Fire or trample them with Epona... (etc.)

Sonic on the Rocks

Smash Lord
Just look at the weapons he has in his games. I could be up all night listing them. He also has skill at using them.

Maybe he can't beat Samus, since she has a metal suit, but I'm very sure he could beat Ness and Lucas.
I remember this in the last thread. We had something called "Smash Link", which was basically Link with every weapon, item, tunic, and everything else from every game he's ever been in. He was godwin, tied only with Ganondorf.

You know what, I'll make this easier and start from the Bottom. The G-Tier looks fine, so I'll tackle the F-Tier.

F-Tier
Diddy Kong: Diddy Kong is a pretty smart little...primate. He's strong, fast, and agile. I don't really know where he should go, but he's not TOO bad.

King Dedede: Dedede is a penguin that's probably a bit over 2 feet tall. He can fly a little by inflating himself like Kirby. That hammer packs a punch, too. Don't underestimate it.

Wario: A fat, gross, rude guy he may be, but he's not too shabby. He's a really strong dude, stronger than Mario, and he's pretty fast for a man of his...girth. Let's not forget his motorcycle, which goes REALLY fast.

Pichu: Its weak and tiny, but it still packs a punch. He's a few references:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pichu_(Pokemon)#Learnset

Doctor Mario: I, uh, don't know why he's even a character, since it's basically Mario in a doctor's suit.

Jigglypuff: Jigglypuff, like most other Normal-Types, can learn a huge variety of moves. It's not that great of a Pokemon, but it certianly deserves higher than this.

Yoshi: There's a dire lack of Mario support in this thread. My friend who was the main Mario guy in the last thread didn't want to come here either. :(
Anyway, Yoshis are fast. They can toss Eggs very powerfully. They're pretty big too, about 6 feet tall. They're not bad at fighting. Yoshi should be a pretty average fighter.

Popo & Nana: Ah, the Ice Climbers. I loved that game. Anyway, yeah, they're pretty mortal. Anything that could kill a normal person would kill them. They seem about right.

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
I remember this in the last thread. We had something called "Smash Link", which was basically Link with every weapon, item, tunic, and everything else from every game he's ever been in. He was godwin, tied only with Ganondorf.

You know what, I'll make this easier and start from the Bottom. The G-Tier looks fine, so I'll tackle the F-Tier.

F-Tier
Diddy Kong: Diddy Kong is a pretty smart little...primate. He's strong, fast, and agile. I don't really know where he should go, but he's not TOO bad.

King Dedede: Dedede is a penguin that's probably a bit over 2 feet tall. He can fly a little by inflating himself like Kirby. That hammer packs a punch, too. Don't underestimate it.

Wario: A fat, gross, rude guy he may be, but he's not too shabby. He's a really strong dude, stronger than Mario, and he's pretty fast for a man of his...girth. Let's not forget his motorcycle, which goes REALLY fast.

Pichu: Its weak and tiny, but it still packs a punch. He's a few references:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pichu_(Pokemon)#Learnset

Doctor Mario: I, uh, don't know why he's even a character, since it's basically Mario in a doctor's suit.

Jigglypuff: Jigglypuff, like most other Normal-Types, can learn a huge variety of moves. It's not that great of a Pokemon, but it certianly deserves higher than this.

Yoshi: There's a dire lack of Mario support in this thread. My friend who was the main Mario guy in the last thread didn't want to come here either. :(
Anyway, Yoshis are fast. They can toss Eggs very powerfully. They're pretty big too, about 6 feet tall. They're not bad at fighting. Yoshi should be a pretty average fighter.

Popo & Nana: Ah, the Ice Climbers. I loved that game. Anyway, yeah, they're pretty mortal. Anything that could kill a normal person would kill them. They seem about right.
That's fine but, you've been saying that alot of characters should move higher. I'll put them higher, but who goes above who?

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
What the heck is Sonic doing above Samus?

Serious question. Please inform me why he's up there. Exactly how fast is he? I would think that Ness and Lucas would have PK AoE stuff to screw him over no matter how fast he is.

I honestly only completely know of the spacies' canon, so these are serious questions.

I'd put Samus in Ganondorf's tier, and bump Kirby down to below the spacies, and I'd put Link right below PT. PT, I believe, is Red (satoshi?) from the original GB Pokemon games, so basically think of the most OP'd Pokemon team and give that to him, lol.

Link just doesn't seem to match up with the spacies and Mewtwo.

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
A few major questions,
Do characters get absolutely everything from their games? Because if so, Mario gets Starman that knocks out whatever he touches.

Why is Bowser so low?
In the early Mario games he falls into lava and still lives, and just like Ganon, he never actually dies. He also has airships (MB3) and loads of creatures at his command. Koopas aren't much, but what about Boos? Koopa Kids? Petey Piranha?
His size also varies from game to game, in Mario Sunshine he is the size of a building.

Why is Dr. Mario where he is? All he does is throw pills to kill viruses, yeah he is Mario, but if you are going to use that then why have them be seperate?

There are 2 normal Links, OoT Link, and TP Link, even their weapons in Brawl differ.

Do the Star Fox characters get other members of their team to help them, like in the games?

Overall, just apply the 1st question to everybody is what I am saying, characters have lots of stuff to pull out, just saying.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Does this thread have anything to do with the previous one that lasted from Brawls launch to around December last year? I know the thread got closed for whatever reason (I think the thread was just too big) and then we all went to a different board for it.

So, is this made by the same group or what? I get the feeling it is because Ganon was top their followed closely by Nes, Lucas, Sonic and Samus. This seems similar, but I don't want to jump in and try to knock Samus up to top without knowing your rules for this. Like, is backup allowed, if a character has multiple games what is persistent, how do the characters fight (Till they die or like they do in smash bros with ring-outs), etc.

I'm interested in doing this... again.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Does this thread have anything to do with the previous one that lasted from Brawls launch to around December last year? I know the thread got closed for whatever reason (I think the thread was just too big) and then we all went to a different board for it.

So, is this made by the same group or what? I get the feeling it is because Ganon was top their followed closely by Nes, Lucas, Sonic and Samus. This seems similar, but I don't want to jump in and try to knock Samus up to top without knowing your rules for this. Like, is backup allowed, if a character has multiple games what is persistent, how do the characters fight (Till they die or like they do in smash bros with ring-outs), etc.

I'm interested in doing this... again.
I wasn't interested in posting in this thread (after the post on the first page as a warning) but now...

LET'S DO THIS... LEEEERRROOOYYYYYYY--

lol j/k.

I hope everyone comes back... (LOL **** no)

Player-3

Smash Hero
how is captain falcon not #2 right below ganondorf

his game is driving a ****ing vehicle for gods sake

what are you going to do to that!?

Corigames

Smash Hero
@Player-3

That's easy to say until you think about it. Most characters have a projectile attack, most of them are pretty awesome too. This is also very reliant upon Falcon being allowed to use his car instead of just being on his feet considering he actually has no real powers in any of his games. In conjunction with that, if the rules would state that ring-outs exist, driving a car would immediately make him lose.

Also, those F-Zero cars aren't made for combat and would easily explode when just rubbing walls at those speeds, let alone taking hits from more dangerous things.

(Man, I kinda missed this :'( It's good to be back!)

Corigames

Smash Hero
Sure, and I would bet even half the cast would just sit there and let him do it >_>

Almost everyone who is slow can teleport, anyone else can just dodge the F-Zero race car's turn radius. Not to mention all the psychics could hurt him through the car, the other futuristic characters all have their own vehicles that are more equipped for battle, and many other characters could probably stop the car... no joke.

And since the anime is not the game, Falcon doesn't stand a chance.

GG

Green_Swirl

Smash Cadet
I think this list is accurate for the most part. I just thought I'd ask a few things:
-Why is MK so low? Isn't he a the same thing Kirby is, except with a sword and armor? I always assumed that he could do everything Kirby could do, but simply chose not to.

-Shouldn't Link, Zelda, and Ganon be at relatively the same spot? My memory is fuzzy so correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't they be balanced due to each have power from each part of the Triforce? In the first post it talks about Ganon surviving a bunch of stuff, isn't that because he is sort of reincarnated, as are Zelda and Link? Wouldn't this mean that Toon Link should also be around the same spot?

kr3wman

Smash Master
Not alot of people have supersonic reaction feats :X

LOL kidding. Falcon is like peak human maybe and with what the other can do he's not gonna last long in most matchups.

-Shouldn't Link, Zelda, and Ganon be at relatively the same spot? My memory is fuzzy so correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't they be balanced due to each have power from each part of the Triforce? In the first post it talks about Ganon surviving a bunch of stuff, isn't that because he is sort of reincarnated, as are Zelda and Link? Wouldn't this mean that Toon Link should also be around the same spot?
Perhaps you don't remember Link needing Zelda in most games that don't need to be retconned at this point.

Or the fact that Link can die and Ganon can't. I'm summarizing stuff here but that's mainly the gist of it.

I think this list is accurate for the most part. I just thought I'd ask a few things:
-Why is MK so low? Isn't he a the same thing Kirby is, except with a sword and armor? I always assumed that he could do everything Kirby could do, but simply chose not to.
It's because people overrated the Kirbyverse because it's a joke.

Seriously.

Green_Swirl

Smash Cadet
Perhaps you don't remember Link needing Zelda in most games that don't need to be retconned at this point.

Or the fact that Link can die and Ganon can't. I'm summarizing stuff here but that's mainly the gist of it.

Do you mean Link can die in a way that the player can make Link die, or is that stated in the storyline? And I always thought that Link and Zelda were needed to beat Ganon in a sort of checks and balances idea, using two parts of the triforce in order to keep one in check. Like if the wielder of the Triforce of Courage was messing stuff up, it would require both the wielder or Wisdom and Power.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Do you mean Link can die in a way that the player can make Link die, or is that stated in the storyline? And I always thought that Link and Zelda were needed to beat Ganon in a sort of checks and balances idea, using two parts of the triforce in order to keep one in check. Like if the wielder of the Triforce of Courage was messing stuff up, it would require both the wielder or Wisdom and Power.
Ganon can't die because of powers bestowed upon him (IE The triforce of Power).

Link can.

That's one big advantage right there.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Mewtwo isn't that great. I mean, he gets like 4 moves, they all have MP, he has a level cap at 100, etc. Without a trainer he wouldn't have potions nor any kind of backup. Also, pokemon really don't have uber brain **** skills like in Earthbound.

Remember, we are going by the GAMES... and pokemon alone in games really aren't that great. The purpose is to have a good team of them. So, while MewTwo may be a powerful pokemon, he really doesn't stand up to characters that are already amazing alone.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Lolz, Ganondorf at the top wooo!

*tries and fails to imagine a real life Ganon Dair impacting on a person*

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
Ganon can't die because of powers bestowed upon him (IE The triforce of Power).

Link can.

That's one big advantage right there.
Yeah, but Ganon can get stuck in a sword for hundreds of years, or become stone (WW).
Either way, neither Bowser nor Ganon ever die in their games, ever (seeing as there are a lot of Mario games, I have not played them all, but since Bowser always comes back and is never called anything more than "defeated"). You would also have to consider wether not a character is considered "dead" at the game over screen.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Mewtwo isn't that great. I mean, he gets like 4 moves, they all have MP, he has a level cap at 100, etc. Without a trainer he wouldn't have potions nor any kind of backup. Also, pokemon really don't have uber brain **** skills like in Earthbound.

Remember, we are going by the GAMES... and pokemon alone in games really aren't that great. The purpose is to have a good team of them. So, while MewTwo may be a powerful pokemon, he really doesn't stand up to characters that are already amazing alone.
You have won the internet, I did wonder if anyone was going to say this, too many people base Mewtwo from the movie and not his games.

Why is Sonic so high? He's not that fast in his games.
ROFL, are you serious? Have you not played Sonic Unleashed for the 360/PS3? He goes so fast that it's hard to control him, and that's just one of his games, going faster than the speed of sound is his regular speed, going faster than the speed of light is one of his powers.

Smash Apprentice
ROFL, are you serious? Have you not played Sonic Unleashed for the 360/PS3? He goes so fast that it's hard to control him, and that's just one of his games, going faster than the speed of sound is his regular speed, going faster than the speed of light is one of his powers.
Makes sense, because I haven't played any of the newer games =P. Also, why is Samus so high? I haven't played many Metroid games, so I was just wondering.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Get Dryn in here to answer that question.

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ Or have coreygames to explain it, he knows all about Samus as well. ♥

JOE!

Smash Hero
Makes sense, because I haven't played any of the newer games =P. Also, why is Samus so high? I haven't played many Metroid games, so I was just wondering.
She has a boost ability where she kills things by running real fast, a multitude of energy weapons, missiles, a ship, etc, etc, etc

Top Bottom