• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. Canon Tournament! (Mario Vs. ????) - 06/14/10

justaway12

Smash Master

Uhh......... But if the match starts as soon as the fighters are chosen, then wouldn't that mean he can't use it? And sleeping before matches... Sounds iffy as an argument. : \

They'd have to get there first, and wouldn't Samus have her default missles or whatever, you know, not being able to choose it?
Maybe her suit stops the harmful sounds, just like how her suit can't detect her Sonicboom attack's sound... She would've gone deaf a long time ago if she ever used the speed boost without some sort of sound-regulator, for example, or deaf from the noise of exploding planets whenever she runs from them.
Maybe just high impact or whatever sonic booms are, I doubt it would classify a lullaby as harmful.

She shakes off status effects. Even frozen, she can get out of ice. When opponents hack her suit, she reboots. She can't get poisoned, either. I'm sure she has something for sleep-inducing abilities.
But how can she shake off sleep? It would still take her time, right? Luigi uses Stop Watch.

Man, if this was The Deadliest Brawler, I'd pull off some epic quantum physics. I guess he can do that here.
If this was TBD, I wouldn't be arguing about this xD

I'm pretty sure he can use items while in starman, not sure.
Since he could bring a starman into battle in NSMBW.

BSP

Smash Legend
Is it possible to argue that Sonic's ring count for super transformation( for sustaining and starting) is just a game mech. to make sure the final boss isn't too easy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAakwnnGyqY

Unleashed Boss fight ^^^

Look at Sonic's Life Bar. It does not go down unless he gets hit. (Super Sonic is invincible to everything except falling (2d games, levels beside final boss), drowning (unless hyper), and getting crushed. Chaos influenced entities can also hurt super/hyper sonic ( look at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwnTbJmS5I4 , the final boss is in a super form, therefore he can hurt super sonic) , which is why dark gaia can hurt him. Besides those things, nothing can hurt him.) Doesnt that show that he does not have to have rings to sustain his super form? Or at least they dont run out while he's super?

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
Okay, moving on.

Vs.

Current Match-Up:
THE CHOSEN ONE Vs. THE KING OF KOOPAS

Young Link Vs. Bowser

:younglinkmelee: Vs. :bowser2:

Round 4, Match 3.

Who will win? YOU decide!

Overall Results

Wins +4:

:samus2:

Wins +3:

:ike:, :ness2:, :ganondorf:

Wins +2:

:mario2:, :wolf:, :fox:, :snake:, :mewtwo:

Wins +1:

:sonic:, :pit:, :younglinkmelee:, :bowser2:, :pikachu:, :luigi2:

Neutral:

:kirby2:, :zelda:, :peach:, :metaknight:, :pt:, :lucario:, :link2:, :diddy:, :marth:, :roymelee:, :falco:, :lucas:, :toonlink:

Loss -1:

:dk2:

Loss -2:

:jigglypuff:, :zerosuitsamus:, :wario:, :falcon:, :pichu:, :yoshi2:, :dedede:

Loss -3:

:olimar:, :popo:

Loss -4:

:gw:, :rob:

BSP

Smash Legend
Is it possible to argue that Sonic's ring count for super transformation( for sustaining and starting) is just a game mech. to make sure the final boss isn't too easy?

Unleashed Boss fight ^^^

Look at Sonic's Life Bar. It does not go down unless he gets hit. (Super Sonic is invincible to everything except falling (2d games, levels beside final boss), drowning (unless hyper), and getting crushed. Chaos influenced entities can also hurt super/hyper sonic ( look at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwnTbJmS5I4 , the final boss is in a super form, therefore he can hurt super sonic) , which is why dark gaia can hurt him. Besides those things, nothing can hurt him.) Doesnt that show that he does not have to have rings to sustain his super form? Or at least they dont run out while he's super?
need some responsess on this, because if im right, nothing in these matchups can hurt sonic, and he wont time out. He'd win every match unless he tied, which would only happen with like ike or ganon.

Shadykoopa

Smash Rookie
But wait in sonic 3 knuckles was able to punch the emeralds out of super sonic. And knuckles wasn't influenced by the chaos emeralds in any way. So wouldn't that mean if bowser(or mario) has the strength of knux then can they theoretically punch the emeralds out of sonic :confused:

BSP

Smash Legend
But wait in sonic 3 knuckles was able to punch the emeralds out of super sonic. And knuckles wasn't influenced by the chaos emeralds in any way. So wouldn't that mean if bowser(or mario) has the strength of knux then can they theoretically punch the emeralds out of sonic :confused:
There is absolutely no explanation of that, anywhere...i dont think it should really count. Besides, when you fight knuckles later, he can't punch the emeralds out of you.

We've been over this before somewhere in this thread, and i think we agreed to just ignore this since it has no explanation.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
What can Young Link do here? I'm guessing he doesn't has a mask to remove Bowser's invincibility so he loses. But since Bowser is a boss... can't young Link use the Fierce Deity Mask?

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Bowser would still be invincible :p

And the Feirce Deity Mask can't be taken out of some place, IIRC. I'm not sure really, I dislike MM
Once you get the mask, you can use it for the final boss (or just boss fights in general) in MM. Whenever you play a Mario game Bowser is "traditionally" used as the final boss. So it'd make sense if you could use it.

EDIT: Haha for a second I thought this was ME vs Bowser. I'd get killed. :laugh:

justaway12

Smash Master
I heard it was used in certian rooms, as in not everywhere, like you can't use it on the streets or something, it was in a certian Link vs. Samus debate, I won't look it up, because looking up a post in a Link vs. Samus debate is like looking for a needle in a haystack, unfortunatly =/

It doesnt matter anyway since Bowser would turn invincible :p

And wasn't adult link the only one who could use it?

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I heard it was in certian rooms, it was in a certian Link vs. Samus debate, I won't look it up, because looking up a post in a Link vs. Samus debate is like looking for a needle in a haystack, unfortunatly =/

It doesnt matter anyway since Bowser would turn invincible :p

And wasn't adult link the only one who could use it?
Well, you use the mask during the final boss fight in Majora's Mask, and no, you're a kid when you use it. It transforms you into the Adult Link being possessed by the god, "Fierce Diety".

But, Bowser is invincible.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Invincible, yes but he might actually still be beatable...

PT for example could use Fissure on Bowser. It's a OHKO move, and it'd make Bowser fall in a cliff. The battle would likely be over then.

But Young Link isn't PT, and I guess he's got nothing on Bowser.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Hmm yeah thats true.

Still, it'd be possible through Smeargle and breeding. Sketch can make Smeargle learn any move he wants, so in this case Smeargle would want to learn Mind Reader and Fissure. It takes 2 turns to defeat Bowser then. The Koopa Clown Car can be destroyed by Thunder or something.

So... does Young Link have anything to stop Bowser from getting invincible?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Mind Reader ensures hit. It's... you know, reading minds. =/ I think it'd work. It hits through Double Team and it hits when you got hit by Sand Attack and stuffz.

I fear PT will be much lower on the list than he should be.

Anyways, so Young Link loses cause he can't do **** on Bowser while he's got the Star Rod.

REL38

Smash Lord
Hmm yeah thats true.

Still, it'd be possible through Smeargle and breeding. Sketch can make Smeargle learn any move he wants, so in this case Smeargle would want to learn Mind Reader and Fissure. It takes 2 turns to defeat Bowser then. The Koopa Clown Car can be destroyed by Thunder or something.

So... does Young Link have anything to stop Bowser from getting invincible?
Invincible would mean no death or damage from any attack.

Fissure would just make Bowser fall into a crevase and he'd still live without a scratch.

Invincibility
Besides, Crusher could just be used to kill PT in less than a second.

Samochan

Smash Master
Bweh, if only YL had gauntlets... <.< THEN he could get star rod from bowser's hands via force.

But wait, how did sonic win this again? >_> He has no super strenght either, just speed and invincibility form super sonicness. If YL can't get star rod from bowser even when hookshot is designed to grab items from faraway and from foes even, then sonic should have lesser chance of doing so if super strenght is needed. <_< But really, if Bowser were to grip the star rod with his strenght, it would most likely just break. Normally you don't grip things with such force and bowser has no real need to unless he anticipates someone trying to steal his precious star rod (a kid is not too intimidating though lol).

Diddy, just mind reader + sheer cold on articuno or something. Sheer cold hits. >_>

I dun recall whether Bowser had any items to prevent sleep... if he didn't, smeargle with spore/mind reader/sheer cold/filler @ quick claw, or.. smeargle with spore @choice scarf equipped so he'll go first, then let articuno finish the job.

But I guess bowser had anti-status item with him, if I recall correcly.

justaway12

Smash Master
Mind Reader ensures hit. It's... you know, reading minds. =/ I think it'd work. It hits through Double Team and it hits when you got hit by Sand Attack and stuffz.

I fear PT will be much lower on the list than he should be.

Anyways, so Young Link loses cause he can't do **** on Bowser while he's got the Star Rod.

Bowser in the clown car doesn't fall down a hole.

He can transport while falling.

And I think we;re forgetting what happend to Bowser when he fell down a hole in 64.

@Samo: I think it was that Sonic transforms and get to Bowser before Bowser is invincible.

BSP

Smash Legend
Bweh, if only YL had gauntlets... <.< THEN he could get star rod from bowser's hands via force.

But wait, how did sonic win this again? >_> He has no super strenght either, just speed and invincibility form super sonicness. If YL can't get star rod from bowser even when hookshot is designed to grab items from faraway and from foes even, then sonic should have lesser chance of doing so if super strenght is needed. <_< But really, if Bowser were to grip the star rod with his strenght, it would most likely just break. Normally you don't grip things with such force and bowser has no real need to unless he anticipates someone trying to steal his precious star rod (a kid is not too intimidating though lol).

Diddy, just mind reader + sheer cold on articuno or something. Sheer cold hits. >_>

I dun recall whether Bowser had any items to prevent sleep... if he didn't, smeargle with spore/mind reader/sheer cold/filler @ quick claw, or.. smeargle with spore @choice scarf equipped so he'll go first, then let articuno finish the job.

But I guess bowser had anti-status item with him, if I recall correcly.
Sonic can hit bowser before the star rod or stopwatch activates and then transform (less than 1 second) and then run over bowser. He really doesn't have to steal the rod, just hit bowser over and over.

Back to that post i made, if no one can disprove, sonic can't lose.

Samochan

Smash Master

@Samo: I think it was that Sonic transforms and get to Bowser before Bowser is invincible.
It was definitely sonic stealing the star rod before bowser managed to use it, aka taking it from his hands. >_> It's on the first page even. Though I wasn't here during that conversation.

But anyways, if Bowser is gonna use his star rod, he always lifts it above his head in a fairly vulnerable position and didn't seem to put much force into gripping it either. But then again, this is just situational and Bowser is likely to grip with enough force to stop regular means of stealing items. <.<

justaway12

Smash Master
His hand completely covers it, I doubt it would be possible to snatch it. Besides, he has the stop watch, if Yink has the star rod, it would take less time to actually use the Stop Watch, IIRC. If it isn't Bowser can snatch it back

Besides, I think while in that OR normal form every attack make you lose an item.
He uses crusher; his fastest move in SMRPG, then gets closer to Yink aand attacks, making him lose his chain thingy

Samochan

Smash Master
His hand completely covers it, I doubt it would be possible to snatch it. Besides, he has the stop watch, if Yink has the star rod, it would take less time to actually use the Stop Watch, IIRC. If it isn't Bowser can snatch it back

Besides, I think while in that OR normal form every attack make you lose an item.
He uses crusher; his fastest move in SMRPG, then gets closer to Yink aand attacks, making him lose his chain thingy
Wha? Whenever you're losing items in zelda games? <_< There's only that one bugger in lttp lost woods and then the rats on ww. Never seen Link lose any kind of item otherwise simply cause someone pushed him around lol. If you mean bowser, every enemy in Mario makes you lose your items cause you take damage, it has nothing to do with Bowser's item knock off abilities. <.<

Stop watch has 4 second startup lag, so Link could squeeze an ice arrow in there, but yea..

justaway12

Smash Master
While time is frozen, Bowser can steal it back.

In Paper Mario, Bowser could steal Mario's abilties with his attacks, whenever Bowser clawed Mario, Mario either couldn't jump or use his hammer. No other Boss could do that, I think. I'm not talking about Mushrooms and what not.

Samochan

Smash Master
Wouldn't that freeze the star rod?

I don't think YL ever had a bow.
Oh yea. :o

It would freeze Bowser (or star rod) in place. :3 Though bowser's fire breath could thawn it. >.>

And he does have a bow and light arrows too. Light arrows in majora are even more powerful than OoT counterpart and can even damage fully armored Iron Knuckle.

Wtf bowser making someone unable to swing a hammer or jump? <_>; Must be some sorta magic. >.>

justaway12

Smash Master
It kinda is, it's while he is invincible, Bowser just claws them.

I THINK can do it, but not while in full-power, it's been years since I played this, but the last fight is Bowser in a blue aura IIRC.

I think he starts the mattch with like half-power. I have to look that up though.

BSP

Smash Legend

Unleashed Boss fight ^^^

Am i just being ignored ? >.>

Need some opinions, do you guys think this is a solid arguement? Sonic has some unndeserved loses IMO.

Ekul

Smash Journeyman
Young Link has other options. Giant's Mask at the start of the battle, then squish. Bowser would be faced with a Link who seems to be the size of the moon. Honestly, what answer is there to that? At that point, his sword could just knock Bowser into the stratosphere.

Top Bottom