• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros At Niko's

nasir123

Smash Ace
allright well i have been a IC mainer for a lomg time now and i make great tourny placings but all i do is grab and de sync because thats besically all IC needs to do. and now NikoK has just made a rule to do 1 chain grab and u may not re-grab to the same IC now do u think this is fair and 2 what type of chain grabs do u think would be effictive.. i was thinking either d-throw or f-throw or b-throw and then foot stool jab reset with ice block and then repeat or ice block lock...GIMME UR IDEAS

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
If a tourney bans chaingrabs, it's not even worth going to.

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
NikoK isn't the brightest cookie in the jar, that's just the way I feel sometimes with his stated opinions.

ICS do not have much else aside from Chaingrabs. And I think it's stupid to say that you cannot chaingrab, or at least puts a bar on IC's game, as if IC's grab game isn't already hard enough to do and execute due to timing and their short grab range.

Besides, I don't even understand his rule. Is it that a Ice Climber cannot chain grab to themselves? So you cannot chain dthrows with the same IC anymore? Or does his mean something else?

I wouldn't worry about it though. Just because NikoK says that ICs should be chaingrabbing, doesn't mean that it will be an official rule or something.

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
I hope he bans all other CGs to just 1, too. >_____>

Footstools are probably the best way around grab limits. I already use bthrow>footstool on heavies, so you shouldn't have a problem with them. I guess you can learn dthrow>footstool on lightweights. fthrow/dthrow>fthrow/dthrow>bthrow>footstool works on lights, too, but it might exceed the grab limit.

Oh, if your opponent can't tech/DI (or is just caught off guard), you can just fthrow/dthrow>fair>IB lock. Get them to an edge and spike.

It's dumb that you have to work even harder with a mid tier character, while characters like D3 are allowed to CG all they want. It's so much easier to get a grab and perform a CG with characters that are already good, and the ICs get handicapped. Lame.

DKKountry

Smash Ace
Corneria... Fourth Planet of the Lylat System
ICS do not have much else aside from Chaingrabs.
This is what pisses me off about CGs. I don't have anything against them normally, but when people pick up the climbers, learn their chaingrabs and rely on them solely it's just sad. Granted, I don't main Icies, but I do play them and I hardly ever use their CGs. Once again, I don't have anything against CGs, but the Icies have a great playstyle without them and it's just pathetic to completely overlook it.

Don't hold my ranting against me though, I'm really hungry and cranky. Just take it for what it's worth. Peace out.

Ambrose

Smash Journeyman
allright well i have been a IC mainer for a lomg time now and i make great tourny placings but all i do is grab and de sync because thats besically all IC needs to do. and now NikoK has just made a rule to do 1 chain grab and u may not re-grab to the same IC now do u think this is fair and 2 what type of chain grabs do u think would be effictive.. i was thinking either d-throw or f-throw or b-throw and then foot stool jab reset with ice block and then repeat or ice block lock...GIMME UR IDEAS
Just don't enter. lol. Grab and desync is not all ICs need to do...but that would work against people who do not know how to fight ICs properly.. If you face better players you'll know what I mean. All in all, just don't enter, because there is no point in changing your play style just for a tournament that has the cgs banned when all the rest doesn't.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
This is what pisses me off about CGs. I don't have anything against them normally, but when people pick up the climbers, learn their chaingrabs and rely on them solely it's just sad. Granted, I don't main Icies, but I do play them and I hardly ever use their CGs. Once again, I don't have anything against CGs, but the Icies have a great playstyle without them and it's just pathetic to completely overlook it.

Don't hold my ranting against me though, I'm really hungry and cranky. Just take it for what it's worth. Peace out.
i don't think you're crazy. :)

nasir123

Smash Ace
Just don't enter. lol. Grab and desync is not all ICs need to do...but that would work against people who do not know how to fight ICs properly.. If you face better players you'll know what I mean. All in all, just don't enter, because there is no point in changing your play style just for a tournament that has the cgs banned when all the rest doesn't.
yo ambrose do u know who lain is????

YUNq PHR3$H

Smash Journeyman
If a tourney bans chaingrabs, it's not even worth going to.
*agreed*

I think thats reasonable
i think yur stupid SRSLY

I hope he bans all other CGs to just 1, too. >_____>
i hope he bans METAKNIGHT

SRSLY,just GTFO - end -

xINiiTrOI

Smash Cadet
It's only because NikoK gets his *** handed to him by all IC players. He has trouble with a matchup, so when he hosts tournaments he bans them. Thats pretty pathetic. All I got to say is the scrub doesn't know how to avoid getting grabbed, and doesn't feel the need to, therfore bans them. I saw vids of Millar wreck niko w/ ic's and millar isn't even that good IMO

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
It's only because NikoK gets his *** handed to him by all IC players. He has trouble with a matchup, so when he hosts tournaments he bans them. Thats pretty pathetic. All I got to say is the scrub doesn't know how to avoid getting grabbed, and doesn't feel the need to, therfore bans them. I saw vids of Millar wreck niko w/ ic's and millar isn't even that good IMO
I could be proven wrong, but I doubt NikoK is that shallow. More likely he caved into a peer pressure, similar to what Xyro did after complaints about Hylian.

Either way, it's a stupid rule and he's still stupid for enforcing it, don't go. Or if you must go, use a secondary, no use adhering to something that's wrong and changing the way you play the character.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I could be proven wrong, but I doubt NikoK is that shallow. More likely he caved into a peer pressure, similar to what Xyro did after complaints about Hylian.

Either way, it's a stupid rule and he's still stupid for enforcing it, don't go. Or if you must go, use a secondary, no use adhering to something that's wrong and changing the way you play the character.

Actually hylain never did that to me. I banned it/limited it in advance. If you IC mains can wint WITHOUT using a broke tech. then you dont need to be playin this game. Earn your wins.

Prawn

Smash Master
Actually hylain never did that to me. I banned it/limited it in advance. If you IC mains can wint WITHOUT using a broke tech. then you dont need to be playin this game. Earn your wins.
Replace "tech" with "character" and say the same thing to all the metaknight players.

Banning chaingrab is stupid, even restricting it is stupid.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Which is saying the ezacly same thing as "PLAY METAKNIGHT, othervise, you don´t deserve winning";)

Prawn

Smash Master
Maybe you could allow chaingrabs if you had paramedics from the WAHHHHHHHmbulance on hand?

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Try actually playing the character before making claims like that. You seem to ban a lot of things at your tourneys, so people won't even get to see if something is really broken a lot. :x

Top Bottom