• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros at Niko's Returns! March 14, 2009. (SBaN #8!)

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Unfortunately, I probably won't be able to make it to this :(

The only way I could get there is if I were to stay the night, and I wouldn't be able to make it back in time for Prepare Yourself :(

KC18

Smash Journeyman
thanks you for ur concern on the chaingrabs for ice climbers niko...playing nasir's ice climbers is so gay LOL....

nasir123

Smash Ace
well yeah but yo dun make it only 2 chain grabs thats juss gay niko make it like 6 or sumthin cuz 2 isn't resenable at all juss because i can own u dun mean u gotta limit sumthin 2 beat me....if u r truly good then dun limit it and i'll give u an extra $5.00 juss because ur cool

KC18

Smash Journeyman
well yeah but yo dun make it only 2 chain grabs thats juss gay niko make it like 6 or sumthin cuz 2 isn't resenable at all juss because i can own u dun mean u gotta limit sumthin 2 beat me....if u r truly good then dun limit it and i'll give u an extra $5.00 juss because ur cool
yo nasir, listen man. first using those grabs don't require too much skill, especially when it's mastered...it makes the match ********. besides you can still do other things, like the ice block lock right? like...you should get into the habit of using mindgames to outsmart ur opponent, not just getting free hits in. show us ur variety and not relying on chain grabs to say ur better than niko. because honestly no offence at all, but chain grabs is not skill, and allowing 6 would just be ******** man. it shouldn't be easy to win against a skilled player like niko. i don't think those rules are made for him to beat you...i think this will cause more balance. but we'll make trial and error of it.

and ye nate very true now metaknight has more influence cuz it's one less character able to use brokeness against brokeness. so no matter what it's going to be stupid...that's why brawl fails

should ban metaknight lol. that would be sick

Anth0ny

Smash Master
MK isn't broken. And even if he is banned, what notable players main him in GTAN? King Ace and JL is all I could think of. Ambrose uses him too, but he not his main.

So that's three good MKs in GTAN. Ban him, and Ambrose still beats you with his Iceys, JL still beats you with his Wario, and King Ace...well...we love King Ace <3

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Yeah, as much as I hate the ICs, that rule completely ****s them over. It basically just cuts them out of the running as a character, which is truly stupid.

Thats like being like " Metaknights tornado is banned", or "Marth cannot use his sword"

"Falco's chaingrab is now banned, it takes no skill and connects for half life on almost every character..."

KC18

Smash Journeyman
exactly what jarred said...and anothony MK is definately broken, like no question about it.
minus i see what you are saying, but ya those examples don't remove a stock with no defence like jarred said. limitations should be in place, like i said before we should just make trial and error of it. besides IC have other options regardless...it's ******** being grab reliant. this shows the poor construction of the characters in this game...brawl fails.

Percon

Smash Lord
yo guys i may show up although ill get vagowned miserabaly.
so chalk me dowh just for the lolz
Who is this...?

A new person? Or did someone change accounts or something?

If you're new, please come. It's always nice to meet new players. :)

EDIT: So I just totally lurked all your posts. You were at OiN4, eh? Didn't meet you... but yeah, one new Niagarian would be fun. Also, I can give you PT advice if you like.

Niko_K

Smash Master
My rule HARDLY hinders the ICs at all. You can still get guaranteed 65+ with F throw to Fair block locks and other combinations.....

It just shows how reliant the IC metagame has become on these Alt Grabs, instead of focusing on the character itself.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Who is this...?

EDIT: So I just totally lurked all your posts. You were at OiN4, eh? Didn't meet you... but yeah, one new Niagarian would be fun. Also, I can give you PT advice if you like.
Double post because this my brothers friend Rhiley!

Ambrose

Smash Journeyman
First off, I do not agree with banning ICs infinite, but this is not my tourney. So let me make this suggestion...

Allow ICs to cg up to 150% or below and not make the kill move. Therefore it will not be a lost of a stock from a grab and will not be an infinite. And the opponent will still live.

If you don't approve of what I said above. Mine as well just ban CGs of any type, because what I said above holds the same concept as falco's and d3's cgs. Chain grab to a certain percent, but does not lead to death.

KingAce

Smash Ace
yeah i think ics are really gay even though i play mk lmao. but cmon if an ice climber player grabs you and he doesnt **** up thats a full stock gone....

although i agree with ambroses suggestion just not to 150% lol cuz at that point like any hit will kill... maybe make chaingrabs available up to 100-120%? atleast ur opponent can di and live but at 150 any attack near the edge would be impossible to di

and niko wtf double mk is banned? lol the solution is so simple to beat 2 nado spamming mks even if they space perfectly just put a snake in there along with a light character that can di out of the nado and GG. the only reason that the nado spam worked at obscene on ally n holy is bcuz both rob AND snake can get caught in the tornado easily and on top of that neither of those chars can di out. whatever u can do trial and error its ur tourny but i suggest not doing this for practice because thers no way big tournies in the US... or even canada for that matter (unless niko hosts it) will have double mk banned. then when people go into a big tourny arent used to double mks... they are going to flat out get *****.

but tbh u hav no reason of banning it -.- ive seen plenty of double mk teams that have been beaten... and they arent random mks either for e.g AznSensation hav been using double mk recently and we all know jl+brose team chemistry is rlly good. yet they still dont win when they use that combination as much as wario+gaw or mk+gaw.

Gichan

Smash Champion
IC chain grabbing shouldn't be banned. It isn't officially, all we are doing to ourselves is hindering our progress on gaying ICs. Cause I know I won't have to try so hard against them if I know they will get two grabs on me, woopididoo. but if that was a US tourney, or any other tourney, dayum my stock!

And we all know, it is hard to do. Many characters have different timing and even the footstool requires different techniques and timing for some chars. It isn't easy, ICs can get owned in other ways as well, getting gimped, owning nana, or just run the **** clock if you have to. there are ways, we only have two to three IC mains and only one of them gets somewhere, and that someone is nasir.

MRbloke

Smash Cadet
Alt throws are infinites, infinites are cheap,infinites are b&, end of story.

Chain grabbing is different cuz there's an actual chance to escape. IC's alt-throwing is
just not cool where say falco's chain grab is another story

MRbloke

Smash Cadet
Who is this...?

My names actually Riley. Steven and Niko nose who i am.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
Alt throws are infinites, infinites are cheap,infinites are b&, end of story.

Chain grabbing is different cuz there's an actual chance to escape. IC's alt-throwing is
just not cool where say falco's chain grab is another story
You ALL are letting your emotions distrubt the nature of the game. The alt throws CAN be an infinite but SKILL is what allows them to be infinites.

notice the all caped words: CAN and SKILL

they have the possibility of screwing up however, SKILL is what allows the alt-grabs to be possible infinites.

The same applies to combo's, I can technically JV 4 stock Ace in grand finals with show me your moves and Falcon punch, If i'm that skilled, but i'm not.

you are hindering the IC CG because of skill.............if someone has worked hard to perfect this tehnique, who are we to not allow its use in competitive play?

My 2 cents

KC18

Smash Journeyman
wait i'm confsued. i thought the wobbling was toned down to 2? isn't chain grabbing allowed still for IC? and i guess it takes skill...but like when i play nasir he always gets a gauranteed death on me when he does the alt throws...i mean i know i'm not good, but still for characters with limited range like luigi it's way to gay...i have to use ike and it's still hard as f.u.c.k cuz ike sucks.

Sanu

Smash Champion
First off, I do not agree with banning ICs infinite, but this is not my tourney. So let me make this suggestion...

Allow ICs to cg up to 150% or below and not make the kill move. Therefore it will not be a lost of a stock from a grab and will not be an infinite. And the opponent will still live.

If you don't approve of what I said above. Mine as well just ban CGs of any type, because what I said above holds the same concept as falco's and d3's cgs. Chain grab to a certain percent, but does not lead to death.
Wow, that's the most I've seen Ambrose post ever. You didn't come to Starfurry you punk... or even message me telling me you weren't going to make it. I guess what I said didn't mean anything to you =/.

On Topic: By banning CGs, you are only furthering MK and Snakes reign over every other character. *shrugs*

Top Bottom