• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Brawl Icon Discovery

MAtgSy

Smash Ace

smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/modea/images/modea02/modea02_070803logo.jpg

Mode A 02? What would Mode A 01 be? Classic mode or a seperate adventure? (personally I find it weird that this one would be called anything other than adventure mode itself unless there was another)

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Or, it could mean "Directory 02" or "Update 02", seeing as things can get really messy when putting it in just one directory.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
hey, what's this doing down here? this thread shouldn't be here, it should be near the start. info like this is good for noobs to argue about, then people like us to come in and bash their dreams

Rash

Smash Ace
I just hope this doesn't lead to a "OMFG Lucas is confirmed!" thing..
Yeah.

But it's interesting that Sakurai didn't use the original design of the franklin badge for the game, and didn't use his own design. This time around he used the "promotion" Franklin badge that was packaged with Mother 3 in one of Japan's box sets for the game.

I could definitely see why someone would go crazy with the whole "Lucas is confirmed" thing after seeing this because Brawl's version of the Franklin badge just looks like something that would try to pay recognition to Mother 3 (because that's the last game the promotional badge was associated with), especially since it has the word "Mother" on the front, which definitely links it to the Japanese world of our Earthbound.

Mother 3 is Japan only, right now. Even if Starmen.net's EB SIEGE works and convinces Nintendo to bring the game stateside, it's still a primarily Japanese-oriented game. To think that Sakurai is paying homeage to the Japanese by having the Earthbound series' alternative title isn't really that unreasonable. And if he is trying to attract Mother 3 gamers to Brawl, there's always a chance he would include a character that American's don't know as well, i.e. Lucas or Flint.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Well, the first part of the theory is officially confirmed. That's not to say that it will hold true for the rest of the icons, but it's a good start.

Hyrulean21

Smash Apprentice
Ok, I went through every number up to 100 and found nothing, so any more images are physically not in the server yet, unless they are hiding under a really high number or just a separate address altogether.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
maybe peach will get her own symbol, like wario and yoshi, something out of super princess peach (umbrella)
just a thought, i personally am against it.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Anybody notice t this... the way the icons are arranged?

1.Smash Bros.
2.DK series
3.Fox series
4.Kirby Series
5.F-Zero series
6.Metroid Series
7.Earthbound/Mother series
8.Pokemon Series
9. Zelda Series
10. Mario series
11.Yoshi series
12.Fire Emblem icon
13.???
14.???
15.Animal Crossing icon
16.Wario symbol
17.??? (Possibly Snakes?)
18.Pit's Symbol

All of the previous icons (those which appeared in SSB64 and SSBM) are all from 1-12, then the new icons (newcomers) are listed from 15 and below. Unless the newcomers start at 13, then G&W and Ice Climbers might just come back.

But then again, there might be more than 18.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
maybe peach will get her own symbol, like wario and yoshi, something out of super princess peach (umbrella)
Truthbetold, I had never even considered this. Neat idea! My only contention with it is that she does not seem to utilize her SPP parasol friend Parry, but instead uses a frilly pink parasol (which at least suits her better than that bland white one from Melee).

If Peach DOES get her own icon, though, which series would Toad be most likely to fit under: Mario or Peach?

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Why would Peach get her own symbol? She's the princess of the mushroom kingdom. Her faithful citizens are mushroom people. Her symbol should be a mushroom.

All of the previous icons (those which appeared in SSB64 and SSBM) are all from 1-12, then the new icons (newcomers) are listed from 15 and below. Unless the newcomers start at 13, then G&W and Ice Climbers might just come back.

But then again, there might be more than 18.
Yeah, I noticed before. And there WILL be more than 18. If there were only two extra slots for franchises, there would be no way to get retros in, Olimar in, other 3rd parties in, etc. etc.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Truthbetold, I had never even considered this. Neat idea! My only contention with it is that she does not seem to utilize her SPP parasol friend Parry, but instead uses a frilly pink parasol (which at least suits her better than that bland white one from Melee).

If Peach DOES get her own icon, though, which series would Toad be most likely to fit under: Mario or Peach?
tough. i'd say mario, unless toad made a major appearance in super princess peach (never played it)

Toomai

Smash Ace
In the Mario sports games, Peach's symbol is usually a crown. But if Bowser didn't get his own symbol in Brawl, then Peach won't. Yoshi, DK, and Wario are different because they have their own sub-worlds.

Hejiru

Smash Ace
So this means.... There IS goind to be an animal crossing character. But who? Tom Nook? Mr. Ressetti? The actual humans?

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
So this means.... There IS goind to be an animal crossing character. But who? Tom Nook? Mr. Ressetti? The actual humans?
Be careful around whom you make that inference. Some people are still skeptical about having an AC character in Brawl. I personally think that it's definitely going to happen, but I'm not quite sure as to which character they will include. My first guess would be Tom Nook, followed by Totakeke, and then Mr. Resetti. I just don't see the AC humans themselves fighting as opposed to the more iconic aforementioned three.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
i can't see nook appearing anymore, the background deconfirmed him in my eyes, but i think ressetti could
easily be a fun character .

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
It makes more sense for the 3rd party characters to be after Pit's. This is because they would probably have all the starter characters numbered before the secret ones. I assume we will be getting some new starters from a fresh new series.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
I guess Ice Climbers, Pikmin, and maybe Custom Robo. We need Ray 01, because he's really popular in Japan.

I left out Game and Watch, because he will probably still be a secret character.

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
Miis?

Dont jump too soon, the symbol confirms nothing. Tom Nook is in the background (still can be a character), Mr. Ressetti has never walked, let alone fight (he, too, can still work), which leaves the Villager (human).

This may sound dumb, but i think its possible the AC rep. could be a Mii. I read somewhere (srry, no link) that the upcoming AC series on the Wii will use Miis from the Mii channel. If this is true, Miis could be considered part of the AC franchise.

Yet, there are a couple things that could disprove this.

1) AC keeps its 'human', which is seen in the background.
2) Miis are considered part of their own franchise (Nintendo).

I know this seem like garbage but im just throwing it out there.

Croco

Smash Lord
Dont jump too soon, the symbol confirms nothing. Tom Nook is in the background (still can be a character), Mr. Ressetti has never walked, let alone fight (he, too, can still work), which leaves the Villager (human).

This may sound dumb, but i think its possible the AC rep. could be a Mii. I read somewhere (srry, no link) that the upcoming AC series on the Wii will use Miis from the Mii channel. If this is true, Miis could be considered part of the AC franchise.

Yet, there are a couple things that could disprove this.

1) AC keeps its 'human', which is seen in the background.
2) Miis are considered part of their own franchise (Nintendo).

I know this seem like garbage but im just throwing it out there.
The other possibility could be "Boy or Girl" character could be imported from the Nintendo DS game. (The designs on their shirts etc.. and name.)

gamelover15

Smash Apprentice
So, 16 series confirmed (Including Snake's), and two more to go to complete the minimum 18... I really think that it is IC's and G&W's Symbol, but if G&W does return, we won't know til' the game comes out.

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
The other possibility could be "Boy or Girl" character could be imported from the Nintendo DS game. (The designs on their shirts etc.. and name.)
I'm not such a fan of that idea. It kinda leaves people who don't have a DS or Animal Crossing for it in the lurch. I know there'd probably be a generic human character for people who don't have the game, but it wouldn't be as cool.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
So, 16 series confirmed (Including Snake's), and two more to go to complete the minimum 18... I really think that it is IC's and G&W's Symbol, but if G&W does return, we won't know til' the game comes out.
nope, sakurai siad he would put all the characters on the site before the game is released.

Bajef8

Smash Ace
I noticed something interesting on the Smash Dojo that nobody else noticed.
When I was right clickling on some images.
I came upon this
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/world_b_18.gif
This is the link to the image for Pit's icon

Now, see the 18 at the end of the number? well look at these.
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/world_b_10.gif -Mario series symbol
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/world_b_09.gif -Zelda Series Symbol
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/world_b_01.gif - Smash Bros Symbol

all the numbers at the end mean what number symbol they are.
This means there is currently a total of 18 different series that may appear in Brawl right now.

So far I detected the order

1.Smash Bros.
2.DK series
3.Fox series
4.Kirby Series
5.F-Zero series
6.Metroid Series
7.Earthbound/Mother series
8.Pokemon Series
9. Zelda Series
10. Mario series
11.Yoshi series
12.Fire Emblem icon
13.???
14.???
15.Animal Crossing icon
16.Wario symbol
17.??? (Possibly Snakes?)
18.Pit's Symbol

Also many members have thought the list is going in Alphabetical Order by Japanese names.

It's currently uncomfirmed if these 2 series will appear again

Aisu Kuraima (Ice Climbers) (Also can be known as Popo)
Gemu ando Uotchi (Game&Watch)
yes and it goes from smash bros symbols to melee symbols to brawl symbols. so like you sadi are the iceclimbers or game and watch returning?

Croco

Smash Lord
i don't think he'll put the secret characters cuz that would ruin the surprise in the game as to who else is in it.
I agree.
He probably will update the site even after the release of the game.
So eventually he will reveal the big secret characters.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
yes and it goes from smash bros symbols to melee symbols to brawl symbols. so like you sadi are the iceclimbers or game and watch returning?
From what I've seen, I'd have to agree. I'm not a big fan of IC, but I'm pro-life for them. Pro-choice for G&W, though. He sucks. lol.

Which also means, of course, we don't know how many other series we're going to be seeing in December!

Top Bottom